AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models, what are the odds of finding a member you genuinely enjoy the time with?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jan 6, 2021
Hey everyone (again lol),
I would presume you've dealt with polar extremes, ranging from complete asshats that surely result in immediate bans to members you actually quite enjoy the time with. If I had to guess though, the majority of people are ones that you don't necessarily enjoy the time with, but you can tolerate (since a girl and/or guy has to make a living, after all :) ).

My question is - how would you split up / categorize members as a whole? How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')? For instance, is it 1 out of 10? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 1000?

Bonus questions:
  • If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?
  • What percentage of the people you meet in your room(s) are creeps / assholes?
  • Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)
I've seen threads about a lot of the horror stories, but I'm wondering less about the details and more about the big picture, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your responses!

melanieoncam

Cam Model
Sep 18, 2010
I would say about half, but to be clear, just because I enjoy our time together does not mean I'm going to devote my time to him when he isn't paying me, other than a few short minutes of conversation.

I really have to focus on making money and when a regular won't quit trying to monopolize my time I end up blocking them if they won't stop.

as far as the question about MFC members I find there are a huge percentage of them who are timewasters who expect me to give them freebies and talk for hours without being tipped. I end up blocking a lot of them. (I'm not a top host there and it's not my main site so maybe my experience is different than someone who has a lot of fans there).

Jan 6, 2021
I really have to focus on making money and when a regular won't quit trying to monopolize my time I end up blocking them if they won't stop.
By trying to monopolize your time, do you mean like PM spamming you? or whining about you not responding quick enough? or something different?

Reactions: SensualAries

EliMarie717

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
Streamate Username
EliMarie717
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
My question is - how would you split up / categorize members as a whole? How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')? For instance, is it 1 out of 10? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 1000?
On streamate I find about 8 out of 10 (paying show Members, not free chat guys - important distinction there) tolerable, and about 2 or 3 out of ten to be over and above "perfect", as in they are such a genuine pleasure to spend time with and are super heartwarming guys who I feel closer to/ would categorize as my having some kind of connection and/or friendship with. Those 2 or 3 tend to return a lot for years because it then causes me to be way nicer too, which then presumably makes them happy as well. I think it's often a matter of confidence, communication, and social skills though. So I don't fault the others, they are just trying to navigate a new social situation, which is presumably strange/ awkward/ weird for them. It's the 2 out of 10 who are straight-up demanding, rude assholes, that I don't like, and who I do fault.

Bonus questions:
  • If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?
  • Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)
1) I would say a really high percentage. The main barrier in my personal case, to most of them becoming regulars is my health, and my not being the best at holding a consistent schedule.

2) It's really hard to answer that. On the slow nights where it s quiet overall, there are a lot. Because usually on normal nights paying Members are quick to get privates, and those lingering, parasitic types don't get a word in. On slow nights when all the working, cool guys are otherwise busy those cheap, non-spending trolls are everywhere, blowing up free chat. Usually, they don't get a word in, but they take advantage of slow nights on the site to spew negativity. I always assume they just sit around doing nothing all of the time, just waiting for everyone else to be busy, so they can get some attention.

3) I can't answer that one, since other than a month on MFC, I have always been streamate only for live camming. I do know with clip sites though, there do tend to be patterns in what type of clientele prefer each different site over the other. There are some clip sites I won't make content for because their clientele and moderators are so poor.

EliMarie717

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
Streamate Username
EliMarie717
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717

Marceline

Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')?

Not that rare, in my experience. A good portion of the guys that would come through my room were generally nice. I'd say about 50% were nice. 35% were just your "hey bb wyd?" boring types and 15% were straight up trolls. Freeloaders sprinkled throughout those percentages, because I've seen quite a few cam members who were nice enough, but never really tipped.

However, even if someone is sweet and nice, that doesn't exactly mean that I really enjoyed my time with them (that's not to say that I didn't appreciate the nice members). My favorite types of members/regulars were the funny ones, who would participate in the chat and also tip towards goals. I had a handful of regulars (six that I can think of off the top of my head) that I really, genuinely enjoyed having in my room and three of them I would chat with offsite.

If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?

The fun/nice ones that would actively participate in a show would usually come back again, even if they didn't become total regulars who were there for every show. I did once have a guy that came in on a really slow night who tipped a lot and chatted for hours and then never came back again, but I'm about 98% sure that was my ex who created an MFC account and thought he was being slick.

Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)

I think so. I started out on MFC, but I tried out CB and SM. MFC had hands down my favorite members. The CB members I dealt with didn't really care at all about chatting and were somewhat rude, while SM members were pretty straight to the point about getting their show and then moving on (not that that's a bad thing, at all). But, I think more than anything, the members you attract depends a lot on the way you run your room. I ran a very social room, that was geared more towards chatting and joking around, rather than being super sexual or explicit. I usually saved the super explicit stuff for private shows. I think since I would usually just be chilling and chatting when people entered my room, it attracted the guys who were there more for the community feel, rather than just to get off (which is more prevalent on MFC than other cam sites). Anytime I would do something more explicit, more people would come in and that's when I'd get more of the assholes in. So, I can only imagine that a model who has a more sexual/explicit room would have to deal with a lot more assholes.

AussieCosplay

Cam Model
May 24, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Twitter Username
@AussieCosplay
MFC Username
Michelle_Hart
You're either banned or enjoyed.

But seriously, most I genuinely enjoy chatting with, some have even become close friends I care deeply about.
Anyone rude or disruptive I ban. I'm a total mother hen about keeping the trash out of my members experience.
If it's something mild I give a warning but if they make fun of anyone it's instant ban.

melanieoncam

Cam Model
Sep 18, 2010
By trying to monopolize your time, do you mean like PM spamming you? or whining about you not responding quick enough? or something different?
Both of those things but the #1 thing that annoys me is trying to get free explicit sex chat from me without paying. So many men think they are entitled to hours of detailed sexual chat for free.

May 30, 2020
Germany
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@carmen_monroe94
I would say 70% are people I can tolerate.

10% are really nice guys who tip for the things they want to see, respect me as a model and don't try to break my limits(these are of course my favorites).

Then there are 10% of men who think that just because they have tips, they are the boss and are trying to negotiate me or rule my entire show.

The worst and last 10% are the guys who keep writing something like "Oh all the other models you can kick in the bin, you are the greatest" "You are the most beautiful on the site, everyone else is ugly blah blah blah" If one thing I hate is insulting other models in my room or speaking badly about them. For me, these guys are the biggest, most unsympathetic assholes.

Apr 3, 2021
Los Angeles
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@SensualAries1
MFC Username
SensualAries
Chaturbate Username
SensualAries
Hey everyone (again lol),
I would presume you've dealt with polar extremes, ranging from complete asshats that surely result in immediate bans to members you actually quite enjoy the time with. If I had to guess though, the majority of people are ones that you don't necessarily enjoy the time with, but you can tolerate (since a girl and/or guy has to make a living, after all :) ).

Bonus questions:
I've seen threads about a lot of the horror stories, but I'm wondering less about the details and more about the big picture, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your responses!
I would again say half and half. I do love members who truly appreciate me for me, love to have a good convo, and tip without having being pressured to do so. I find that the more time I spend with a member, and the more privates or skypes we do together, we actually develop a nice little friendship. Now, as for regulars: when I first started, I had quite a cadre of regulars, but I had a whole month of dental work where I couldn't work, and warning warning warning, ALWAYS keep working even if all you can do is just sit and smile because a lot of the regulars I used to have seemed to have vanished--either they've moved onto other girls, are pursuing a relatioship, have a financial crisis, or just maybe quit the site for whatever reason.
As long as someone is not abrasive or rude, doesn't request extra pms or actrions from me without a tip, pretty much, most of the members are cool, I feel like you just need to get to know them. I haven't really modeled on CB as much, but I've noticed that the members come in and out of the rooms a lot faster...on mfc, I found that developing some relationships with members really does help, esp for new girls like me starting out, leaving the pm function open is truly helpful (Until you reach a point where you have TOO many followers) because a lot of ppl are just getting to know you.
That being said, I do have a nice little following starting again, I've had nights where Ive made over $100 and days where i've made only $50/, but most days are pretty consistent and fun.
I think just like anywhere else in the world, most ppl are pretty decent, it just takes one apple to ruin the bunch!
Love,
Aries

Reactions: Brit

darcyduke

Cam Model
Sep 5, 2020
London, UK
Chaturbate Username
darcyduke
I would say that I enjoy the company of about 10%. Even the tolerable ones can push boundaries and I never forget what they are here for. I've had regulars that I genuinely liked, and they turned out to be utter d*cks.

Reactions: _mika_ and Brit