AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models, what are the odds of finding a member you genuinely enjoy the time with?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57885

Hey everyone (again lol),
I would presume you've dealt with polar extremes, ranging from complete asshats that surely result in immediate bans to members you actually quite enjoy the time with. If I had to guess though, the majority of people are ones that you don't necessarily enjoy the time with, but you can tolerate (since a girl and/or guy has to make a living, after all :) ).

My question is - how would you split up / categorize members as a whole? How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')? For instance, is it 1 out of 10? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 1000?

Bonus questions:
  • If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?
  • What percentage of the people you meet in your room(s) are creeps / assholes?
  • Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)
I've seen threads about a lot of the horror stories, but I'm wondering less about the details and more about the big picture, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your responses!

I would say about half, but to be clear, just because I enjoy our time together does not mean I'm going to devote my time to him when he isn't paying me, other than a few short minutes of conversation.

I really have to focus on making money and when a regular won't quit trying to monopolize my time I end up blocking them if they won't stop.

as far as the question about MFC members I find there are a huge percentage of them who are timewasters who expect me to give them freebies and talk for hours without being tipped. I end up blocking a lot of them. (I'm not a top host there and it's not my main site so maybe my experience is different than someone who has a lot of fans there).

I really have to focus on making money and when a regular won't quit trying to monopolize my time I end up blocking them if they won't stop.
By trying to monopolize your time, do you mean like PM spamming you? or whining about you not responding quick enough? or something different?

Reactions: SensualAries
My question is - how would you split up / categorize members as a whole? How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')? For instance, is it 1 out of 10? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 1000?
On streamate I find about 8 out of 10 (paying show Members, not free chat guys - important distinction there) tolerable, and about 2 or 3 out of ten to be over and above "perfect", as in they are such a genuine pleasure to spend time with and are super heartwarming guys who I feel closer to/ would categorize as my having some kind of connection and/or friendship with. Those 2 or 3 tend to return a lot for years because it then causes me to be way nicer too, which then presumably makes them happy as well. I think it's often a matter of confidence, communication, and social skills though. So I don't fault the others, they are just trying to navigate a new social situation, which is presumably strange/ awkward/ weird for them. It's the 2 out of 10 who are straight-up demanding, rude assholes, that I don't like, and who I do fault.

Bonus questions:
  • If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?
  • Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)
1) I would say a really high percentage. The main barrier in my personal case, to most of them becoming regulars is my health, and my not being the best at holding a consistent schedule.

2) It's really hard to answer that. On the slow nights where it s quiet overall, there are a lot. Because usually on normal nights paying Members are quick to get privates, and those lingering, parasitic types don't get a word in. On slow nights when all the working, cool guys are otherwise busy those cheap, non-spending trolls are everywhere, blowing up free chat. Usually, they don't get a word in, but they take advantage of slow nights on the site to spew negativity. I always assume they just sit around doing nothing all of the time, just waiting for everyone else to be busy, so they can get some attention.

3) I can't answer that one, since other than a month on MFC, I have always been streamate only for live camming. I do know with clip sites though, there do tend to be patterns in what type of clientele prefer each different site over the other. There are some clip sites I won't make content for because their clientele and moderators are so poor.

How rare is it that you find someone seemingly genuinely sweet in your room while you cam (aka 'the ideal member')?

Not that rare, in my experience. A good portion of the guys that would come through my room were generally nice. I'd say about 50% were nice. 35% were just your "hey bb wyd?" boring types and 15% were straight up trolls. Freeloaders sprinkled throughout those percentages, because I've seen quite a few cam members who were nice enough, but never really tipped.

However, even if someone is sweet and nice, that doesn't exactly mean that I really enjoyed my time with them (that's not to say that I didn't appreciate the nice members). My favorite types of members/regulars were the funny ones, who would participate in the chat and also tip towards goals. I had a handful of regulars (six that I can think of off the top of my head) that I really, genuinely enjoyed having in my room and three of them I would chat with offsite.

If/when you do find people actually nice to be around, how many of those become a regular vs a one-timer?

The fun/nice ones that would actively participate in a show would usually come back again, even if they didn't become total regulars who were there for every show. I did once have a guy that came in on a really slow night who tipped a lot and chatted for hours and then never came back again, but I'm about 98% sure that was my ex who created an MFC account and thought he was being slick.

Does the camsite affect the member makeup? (I.e. no idea if it's true or not, but I heard MFC members are usually a lot more chill than CB's)

I think so. I started out on MFC, but I tried out CB and SM. MFC had hands down my favorite members. The CB members I dealt with didn't really care at all about chatting and were somewhat rude, while SM members were pretty straight to the point about getting their show and then moving on (not that that's a bad thing, at all). But, I think more than anything, the members you attract depends a lot on the way you run your room. I ran a very social room, that was geared more towards chatting and joking around, rather than being super sexual or explicit. I usually saved the super explicit stuff for private shows. I think since I would usually just be chilling and chatting when people entered my room, it attracted the guys who were there more for the community feel, rather than just to get off (which is more prevalent on MFC than other cam sites). Anytime I would do something more explicit, more people would come in and that's when I'd get more of the assholes in. So, I can only imagine that a model who has a more sexual/explicit room would have to deal with a lot more assholes.

You're either banned or enjoyed.

But seriously, most I genuinely enjoy chatting with, some have even become close friends I care deeply about.
Anyone rude or disruptive I ban. I'm a total mother hen about keeping the trash out of my members experience.
If it's something mild I give a warning but if they make fun of anyone it's instant ban.

By trying to monopolize your time, do you mean like PM spamming you? or whining about you not responding quick enough? or something different?
Both of those things but the #1 thing that annoys me is trying to get free explicit sex chat from me without paying. So many men think they are entitled to hours of detailed sexual chat for free.

I would say 70% are people I can tolerate.

10% are really nice guys who tip for the things they want to see, respect me as a model and don't try to break my limits(these are of course my favorites).

Then there are 10% of men who think that just because they have tips, they are the boss and are trying to negotiate me or rule my entire show.

The worst and last 10% are the guys who keep writing something like "Oh all the other models you can kick in the bin, you are the greatest" "You are the most beautiful on the site, everyone else is ugly blah blah blah" If one thing I hate is insulting other models in my room or speaking badly about them. For me, these guys are the biggest, most unsympathetic assholes.

I would presume you've dealt with polar extremes, ranging from complete asshats that surely result in immediate bans to members you actually quite enjoy the time with. If I had to guess though, the majority of people are ones that you don't necessarily enjoy the time with, but you can tolerate (since a girl and/or guy has to make a living, after all :) ).

Bonus questions:
I've seen threads about a lot of the horror stories, but I'm wondering less about the details and more about the big picture, if that makes sense.

I would again say half and half. I do love members who truly appreciate me for me, love to have a good convo, and tip without having being pressured to do so. I find that the more time I spend with a member, and the more privates or skypes we do together, we actually develop a nice little friendship. Now, as for regulars: when I first started, I had quite a cadre of regulars, but I had a whole month of dental work where I couldn't work, and warning warning warning, ALWAYS keep working even if all you can do is just sit and smile because a lot of the regulars I used to have seemed to have vanished--either they've moved onto other girls, are pursuing a relatioship, have a financial crisis, or just maybe quit the site for whatever reason.
As long as someone is not abrasive or rude, doesn't request extra pms or actrions from me without a tip, pretty much, most of the members are cool, I feel like you just need to get to know them. I haven't really modeled on CB as much, but I've noticed that the members come in and out of the rooms a lot faster...on mfc, I found that developing some relationships with members really does help, esp for new girls like me starting out, leaving the pm function open is truly helpful (Until you reach a point where you have TOO many followers) because a lot of ppl are just getting to know you.
That being said, I do have a nice little following starting again, I've had nights where Ive made over $100 and days where i've made only $50/, but most days are pretty consistent and fun.
I think just like anywhere else in the world, most ppl are pretty decent, it just takes one apple to ruin the bunch!
Love,
Aries

I would say that I enjoy the company of about 10%. Even the tolerable ones can push boundaries and I never forget what they are here for. I've had regulars that I genuinely liked, and they turned out to be utter d*cks.
i can see that too...some of my regtulars have started to expect more and more over time...what platform do you use? i'm on mfc and i kinda get sick of the bs myself the freeloaders, ppl demanding stuff for free contiuosly....

i can see that too...some of my regtulars have started to expect more and more over time...what platform do you use? i'm on mfc and i kinda get sick of the bs myself the freeloaders, ppl demanding stuff for free contiuosly....
I'm on Chaturbate now, but used to be on MFC. Alot of people are members on both...

I just wanted to add a little of my experience when I used to be an exotic dancer. I had a pretty bad relationship at the time so I definitely felt an equal longing for fantasy and when some of my customers came in there were certain men that I cared for and truly enjoyed spending time with. I think I can say I had about 20 different men from all walks of life that I really enjoyed company with whenever they came in. When they got lap dances with me I was turned on mutually. I even had ones that I imagined would leave their wives for me and let my own fantasy get the best of me. This was about 80 percent of my business was visiting with my “regulars” who really just felt like I had several boyfriends that each tapped into a different interest of mine.

So far with one month of camming I have met only a few people that I genuinely deeply connected with, but I met several others who were quite polite and made me feel truly flattered. The “freeloaders” or the wanting to talk about sex for free I guess I indulge them up to a point. It’s that pushy presumptive attitude that’s what gets under my skin ... at least 25 percent of the time so far but I am going to raise my rates and maybe I will have a different experience.

Just the other night I met a man who if I would have matched him on a dating app and spend the similar amount of time trying to know one another I would feel completely smitten; but I know we met in a fantasy and I just am prone to liking many elements of fantasy in my life.

So far with one month of camming I have met only a few people that I genuinely deeply connected with, but I met several others who were quite polite and made me feel truly flattered. The “freeloaders” or the wanting to talk about sex for free I guess I indulge them up to a point. It’s that pushy presumptive attitude that’s what gets under my skin ... at least 25 percent of the time so far but I am going to raise my rates and maybe I will have a different experience.
Don't be scared to block and raise prices. I have been on SM 6 years and have 1100 people blocked. It wasn't until I started building up my block list that I stopped wasting time, and started making good money. Before that, yeah I made a little (but I didn't get into sex work to average $20 per hour, I could have stayed in an easier industry w less stigma to do that). It's a fine line to walk/ balance between being friendly, but not too friendly. These time-wasters can be friendly, but ultimately completely sabotage your business, if you entertain them too much. Raising prices, being OK with setting boundaries, and blocking repeat offenders who won't respect boundaries helps a lot. Then it gives the real guys a chance, and you get to meet more who are more of a real connection. Considerate, respectful, and aware of context (i.e. smart) and kind.

After you have made it clear verbally and let repeat offenders know assertively, they stop it completely. I often only have to tell 1 or 2 people per shift/ few hours online now, not to ask for anything without tips, or they will be banned. And they do get banned or kicked, immediately. Those people stay away from my room now, or maybe they come but tip. Before when I was too nice and chatty and had my rates at 3.99/4.99, I'd get like 20 a shift bothering me with stupid, thoughtless, self-centered shit. They might not mean it meanly; they might just be kind of slow, naive, and unaware of the context. However, that sabotages my business, and ability to be happy and pay my bills. So ultimately it is mean.

Last edited:
Don't be scared to block and raise prices. I have been on SM 6 years and have 1100 people blocked. It wasn't until I started building up my block list that I stopped wasting time, and started making good money. Before that, yeah I made a little (but I didn't get into sex work to average $20 per hour, I could have stayed in an easier industry w less stigma to do that). It's a fine line to walk/ balance between being friendly, but not too friendly. These time-wasters can be friendly, but ultimately completely sabotage your business, if you entertain them too much. Raising prices, being OK with setting boundaries, and blocking repeat offenders who won't respect boundaries helps a lot. Then it gives the real guys a chance, and you get to meet more who are more of a real connection. Considerate, respectful, and aware of context (i.e. smart) and kind.

After you have made it clear verbally and let repeat offenders know assertively, they stop it completely. I often only have to tell 1 or 2 people per shift/ few hours online now, not to ask for anything without tips, or they will be banned. And they do get banned or kicked, immediately. Those people stay away from my room now, or maybe they come but tip. Before when I was too nice and chatty and had my rates at 3.99/4.99, I'd get like 20 a shift bothering me with stupid, thoughtless, self-centered shit. They might not mean it meanly; they might just be kind of slow, naive, and unaware of the context. However, that sabotages my business, and ability to be happy and pay my bills. So ultimately it is mean.
Thank you for such sound advice. Thank you for bringing it to my attention how vast the sea of free loaders is that it prevents the good potential people from connecting with us. I so far have only banned a handful so your advice about increasing banning is not something I considered but I really like. It is nice reading your objective experience about different rates also. I really do enjoy the experience more when I get a good connection with the person. I agree also that about the hourly rate and all the added stigmas are significant.

Reactions: MarieElise

I might need to start blocking people who only have chatted in free chat since November, and never paid, because I have had clients say they didn't wish to interrupt the conversation in the room to take me excl. Not great! I have a lot of people chatting in free but never taking me excl or pvt, and it's really affected my ability to make decent money, I now think, and I am to blame for being too chatty and entertaining it, 100%.

I find it really difficult to hustle or tell people to take me private/excl. (so British!) and I hate sitting in silence and not talking, so....I am going to ponder strategies to avoid me chatting for 3-6 hours in free and not making any money, which has happened too much recently. I was making good money in Nov/Dec but now everyone just wants to chat, all the time. I love chatting, but still, 3-6 hours of my time is precious. Plus my voice keeps going from talking so much. I might write on a whiteboard to take me pvt/excl at any time, and just try to be less involved in conversation (which will be a struggle for me/has been when I have tried). But I need to change things or stop using Streamate altogether the way it's going, as it's really been bad these past few weeks. It's costing me time and losing me money so I can't let it continue.

Reading that you didn't start making money until you built up your block list just really made me think I have to do this too, and sort out my approach, as I am currently not making money on SM, just providing a free chat service most of the time, and it's my fault. I need to learn the balance of friendly but not so friendly they will just hang out allllll day in free chat. Either that, or I need to be on a token site where I am getting tipped to entertain a room with chatting and build a community that way. I have some thinking to do.

Oh gosh @Trixxi_Love and @AutumnPage I am so glad I said something. I was worried that it would come across as bossy, but it's just really hard to read about new models suffering w stuff I also suffered with at the start, and not say something.

Here are some further tips that may or may not help;

1) I don't stay on any longer than 15 consecutive minutes without a private or a bunch of tips. I tell everyone in my room, the truth about that, and I smile politely when I say it. If I get nothing or very little (which is rare) I log off, clear the room, and wait anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes before I get back on.

2) If freeloaders PM me I ignore it, if Members who have paid me reasonably PM me, or fetish guys who sound serious in their inquiries PM me, I answer. But I won't answer all those bullshit "where are you", "how's it going tonight?" wanting to chat PMs from people I've never been paid or tipped by.

3) I will sit and bullshit and be fun in free chat, but what people don't see on the outside, is that I am only doing that because 4 to 6 guys are in there, who have already spent $100s if not $1000s on me. I don't do that if my room is full of men who have never spent, or only spent tiny amounts.

4) I'm very clear (most of the time, except for some slips with regulars from time to time) that a) my room is not about them, therapy, their lives - it's about me, and sex shows, and b) I log in because I want to have fun and make money.

@AutumnPage I understand the British thing, I am British too. It took me over a year to learn these things, and it used to be very painful for me to cut people off. However, it is a personal insult if someone camps out in my room, and tries to use me for entertainment, therapy, company, free jerk off fodder, whatever. I make sure they know that too. Mostly they leave of their own free accord, but often a block is necessary aswell. Once the paying guys see that those guys can't hang out, then they will take over and be active. Otherwise, they are scared to interrupt, and just leave as you have noted. That behavior is very common with them.

Another option that might suit you is running consecutive GOLD shows. You could sit and chat as much as you want during your countdown, and then once you meet your goal, do the show (and stop all regular non-sex chat). Then once that one is over, you can start another one etc. If you are feeling chatty that's a great way to get that chat energy out, but also be sure to make $$$ or in your case pounds I guess. Because you can do up to a 30 minute countdown, and then just be sure to make it a fancy show worth a larger amount of GOLD. I have done that with 100 + GOLD real 10 minute orgasm and or oil GOLD shows before, and it has worked out well. But you have to cover the 30-minute countdown and make enough to be paid for that too. Or alternately do like a cheaper 6 or 10 minute countdown for a 5 or 7 minute group GOLD show.

You should not be going through what you are going through on SM. Yes, it was a bit quiet there for a few weeks, but it has picked up again.

If you really feel like you can't avoid being perfectly polite (which I totally understand being British), then a token site might be a better option as your main site. They do have a potential for higher payout anyways if a model gets really popular on them. However, I don't know how easy that is to do, or how long that takes. Trust me once you practice being firm and assertive it will become no big deal. It's possible to be firm and assertive without being impolite, and normal people recognize that. It's only weirdos and sick people (i.e. narcissists and misogynists) who freak out at that, and you really don't want those in your room hogging air time anyways. I had the same struggles, but they really can be overcome, and fairly quickly.

As well as that age-old fear that if you raise rates it will mean less regulars and less business. Everyone has it to begin with, so just don't get mired in it for a year like I did. You can overcome these thought patterns and grow your business and hourly way faster, by breaking through them. And realizing that literally, every new model has to do that, at some point.

Autumn the other thing I worry about since you remind me of myself, is that once you do get firm a lot of them might get abusive and pissy with you. That happened to me. If it does happen just block any bad tags (we all get them), and block that user, and report if it's abusive too. If it's been a while of them camping out, they are going to feel very entitled to it, and are more likely to be cruel when that privilege gets taken away from them. So don't worry about it. I am pretty sure hundreds of thousands of guys use that site, maybe millions. Once you wade through the leeches and get cutting them off out of the way, the potential for fun, happiness and prosperity are endless. And that's coming from someone who is 40, and does not look anything like a traditional cam model right now. And who charges $8.99 premium, and $6.99 exclusive. Just remember those guys target the new/ newish models, because they've already been blocked by the rest of us, so it's just kind of a necessary evil to get blocking them out of the way. It sucks, but it just kind of happens that way.

OMG my fucking book is over. Thanks for reading my novel! :) :rofl:

Last edited:
Oh gosh @Trixxi_Love and @AutumnPage I am so glad I said something. I was worried that it would come across as bossy, but it's just really hard to read about new models suffering w stuff I also suffered with at the start, and not say something.

1) I don't stay on any longer than 15 consecutive minutes without a private or a bunch of tips. I tell everyone in my room, the truth about that, and I smile politely when I say it. If I get nothing or very little (which is rare) I log off, clear the room, and wait anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes before I get back on.

2) If freeloaders PM me I ignore it, if Members who have paid me reasonably PM me, or fetish guys who sound serious in their inquiries PM me, I answer. But I won't answer all those bullshit "where are you", "how's it going tonight?" wanting to chat PMs from people I've never been paid or tipped by.

3) I will sit and bullshit and be fun in free chat, but what people don't see on the outside, is that I am only doing that because 4 to 6 guys are in there, who have already spent $100s if not $1000s on me. I don't do that if my room is full of men who have never spent, or only spent tiny amounts.

4) I'm very clear (most of the time, except for some slips with regulars from time to time) that a) my room is not about them, therapy, their lives - it's about me, and sex shows, and b) I log in because I want to have fun and make money.

@AutumnPage I understand the British thing, I am British too. It took me over a year to learn these things, and it used to be very painful for me to cut people off. However, it is a personal insult if someone camps out in my room, and tries to use me for entertainment, therapy, company, free jerk off fodder, whatever. I make sure they know that too. Mostly they leave of their own free accord, but often a block is necessary aswell. Once the paying guys see that those guys can't hang out, then they will take over and be active. Otherwise, they are scared to interrupt, and just leave as you have noted. That behavior is very common with them.

Another option that might suit you is running consecutive GOLD shows. You could sit and chat as much as you want during your countdown, and then once you meet your goal, do the show (and stop all regular non-sex chat). Then once that one is over, you can start another one etc. If you are feeling chatty that's a great way to get that chat energy out, but also be sure to make $$$ or in your case pounds I guess. Because you can do up to a 30 minute countdown, and then just be sure to make it a fancy show worth a larger amount of GOLD. I have done that with 100 + GOLD real 10 minute orgasm and or oil GOLD shows before, and it has worked out well. But you have to cover the 30-minute countdown and make enough to be paid for that too. Or alternately do like a cheaper 6 or 10 minute countdown for a 5 or 7 minute group GOLD show.

You should not be going through what you are going through on SM. Yes, it was a bit quiet there for a few weeks, but it has picked up again.

If you really feel like you can't avoid being perfectly polite (which I totally understand being British), then a token site might be a better option as your main site. They do have a potential for higher payout anyways if a model gets really popular on them. However, I don't know how easy that is to do, or how long that takes. Trust me once you practice being firm and assertive it will become no big deal. It's possible to be firm and assertive without being impolite, and normal people recognize that. It's only weirdos and sick people (i.e. narcissists and misogynists) who freak out at that, and you really don't want those in your room hogging air time anyways. I had the same struggles, but they really can be overcome, and fairly quickly.

As well as that age-old fear that if you raise rates it will mean less regulars and less business. Everyone has it to begin with, so just don't get mired in it for a year like I did. You can overcome these thought patterns and grow your business and hourly way faster, by breaking through them. And realizing that literally, every new model has to do that, at some point.

Autumn the other thing I worry about since you remind me of myself, is that once you do get firm a lot of them might get abusive and pissy with you. That happened to me. If it does happen just block any bad tags (we all get them), and block that user, and report if it's abusive too. If it's been a while of them camping out, they are going to feel very entitled to it, and are more likely to be cruel when that privilege gets taken away from them. So don't worry about it. I am pretty sure hundreds of thousands of guys use that site, maybe millions. Once you wade through the leeches and get cutting them off out of the way, the potential for fun, happiness and prosperity are endless. And that's coming from someone who is 40, and does not look anything like a traditional cam model right now. And who charges $8.99 premium, and $6.99 exclusive. Just remember those guys target the new/ newish models, because they've already been blocked by the rest of us, so it's just kind of a necessary evil to get blocking them out of the way. It sucks, but it just kind of happens that way.

Thank you thank you thank you. This 'novel' is fantastic!! I am going to sit and reread this again, and make some bullet points to use as strategies, because you have no idea how helpful this is. Beyond helpful, and I am so glad I responded to your previous post now. We are so close in age too! I turn 40 very soon!! I love that you are also a Brit :) I did wonder when I saw the funny videos you posted in another thread, as they are all from Scotland (great show, thanks for posting as I had never watched that programme before).

Yep, I am really struggling on SM. I worked 5 hours one day last week and made $0.60. Yep. 5 hours for that...Plus was losing my voice, and still none of the guys in free would take me pvt/excl. and continued to chat away. I worked 3 hours another day and made $10.43, thanks to a lovely dude who took me pvt immediately for a catch up, as he gets it. Diabolical, right? I know this can't go on and am going to start gold shows/logging off after 15 mins, as well as block timewasters. A three-pronged approach! Thank you.

Thank fully I have my other site (AW) and am able to make money there when I cam, as well as some part time freelance work, or I would be in trouble. It has been like this on SM since Jan/Feb for me, and I know I have to change it around and start getting brutal as well as business savvy, or walk away and not keep investing time into it. I will give it one last month, and if after that there is no significant change, then I will move to a token based site as my second main site. I think I might give Stripchat a go as it is a token site, and I also have had a MFC account sat waiting for a year. I can't continue on SM like this.

My agency boss who I am with for Adult Work and who I am close to, also works with Streamate now and as a favour for me had Christina check my stats to see what is going on....And I am converting less than 10% of all people in free chat, and that was back when things weren't even this bad. Christina and my agency boss both said 'That isn't right, something is wrong there, what is going on?'.....most girls who work with SM through the agency convert 80% of people, apparently. No one converts this badly...yet I do well on my other site, so everyone was/is confused! I so wnated SM as a good alternative, because sometimes it's nice to speak to a different audience, have another site just in case, especially as AW has had tech issues with their new broadcasting system, and I like to have options in case this affects my abilityt to earn.

Oof this got longer than I expected it to!!
Anyway.... I will be employing your approaches with zeal when I am next on SM. If I can't manage to turn it around because of my inherent people pleasing and politeness and whatever else psychologically is holding me back that I am not conscious of, then I know it is worth giving token sites a go! I do love chatting so it might be the right environment..who knows? But I will definitely try to change this Sinking Streamate Ship around first before giving up. Plus now I will know to expect the pissiness that might ensue from disgruntled members being blocked etc, and be prepared! Plus: Gold Shows!!

It's been really really helpful to read your post. Thank you so much x

Thank you thank you thank you. This 'novel' is fantastic!! I am going to sit and reread this again, and make some bullet points to use as strategies, because you have no idea how helpful this is. Beyond helpful, and I am so glad I responded to your previous post now. We are so close in age too! I turn 40 very soon!! I love that you are also a Brit :) I did wonder when I saw the funny videos you posted in another thread, as they are all from Scotland (great show, thanks for posting as I had never watched that programme before).

Yep, I am really struggling on SM. I worked 5 hours one day last week and made $0.60. Yep. 5 hours for that...Plus was losing my voice, and still none of the guys in free would take me pvt/excl. and continued to chat away. I worked 3 hours another day and made $10.43, thanks to a lovely dude who took me pvt immediately for a catch up, as he gets it. Diabolical, right? I know this can't go on and am going to start gold shows/logging off after 15 mins, as well as block timewasters. A three-pronged approach! Thank you.

Thank fully I have my other site (AW) and am able to make money there when I cam, as well as some part time freelance work, or I would be in trouble. It has been like this on SM since Jan/Feb for me, and I know I have to change it around and start getting brutal as well as business savvy, or walk away and not keep investing time into it. I will give it one last month, and if after that there is no significant change, then I will move to a token based site as my second main site. I think I might give Stripchat a go as it is a token site, and I also have had a MFC account sat waiting for a year. I can't continue on SM like this.

My agency boss who I am with for Adult Work and who I am close to, also works with Streamate now and as a favour for me had Christina check my stats to see what is going on....And I am converting less than 10% of all people in free chat, and that was back when things weren't even this bad. Christina and my agency boss both said 'That isn't right, something is wrong there, what is going on?'.....most girls who work with SM through the agency convert 80% of people, apparently. No one converts this badly...yet I do well on my other site, so everyone was/is confused! I so wnated SM as a good alternative, because sometimes it's nice to speak to a different audience, have another site just in case, especially as AW has had tech issues with their new broadcasting system, and I like to have options in case this affects my abilityt to earn.

Oof this got longer than I expected it to!!
Anyway.... I will be employing your approaches with zeal when I am next on SM. If I can't manage to turn it around because of my inherent people pleasing and politeness and whatever else psychologically is holding me back that I am not conscious of, then I know it is worth giving token sites a go! I do love chatting so it might be the right environment..who knows? But I will definitely try to change this Sinking Streamate Ship around first before giving up. Plus now I will know to expect the pissiness that might ensue from disgruntled members being blocked etc, and be prepared! Plus: Gold Shows!!

It's been really really helpful to read your post. Thank you so much x
Correction: $0.60 in 2.5 hours, not 5. Jesus my brain this morning. Still, not great lol😐🤣

Correction: $0.60 in 2.5 hours, not 5. Jesus my brain this morning. Still, not great lol😐🤣
Remember these guys' brains are going to go to goop getting attention from a beautiful, intelligent, articulate, polite woman. They are going to find it awfully addicting, so you would be doing them a service reminding them that you need to eat and pay bills just like them. I won't worry about you too much though, because it sounds like you do really well on AW, which makes me happy. I have faith that you can turn this SM thing around if you so choose.

Remember these guys' brains are going to go to goop getting attention from a beautiful, intelligent, articulate, polite woman. They are going to find it awfully addicting, so you would be doing them a service reminding them that you need to eat and pay bills just like them. I won't worry about you too much though, because it sounds like you do really well on AW, which makes me happy. I have faith that you can turn this SM thing around if you so choose.
Yep, and I just realised I am basically acting as an enabler for these guys, and I need to get strict with myself and them, because the ramifications are that they will also continue to do this with not just me but others too, unless I put my foot down. That's not something I want to feed into or add to! I need to remember that I am helping out fellow cam girls by not continuing to enable this.

Bonus questions:

When I was full time on cam, TBH 99% of my room regulars I had a great time with. They came to hang with me, so they were respectful and we had a good time. There will always be creeps/assholes in rooms, but for me, I'm a no nonsense lady. As in, you fuck off in my room (disrespect, rudeness, bullying other members etc) I ban you. The end. lol. So I didn't allow that fuckery in my environment.

As far as cam sites, I 100% think the cam site affects the member makeup. MFC was super fucking chill for me. People were there to hang. If it's anything now like it was in 2011-2016ish, it's a community in itself. Most people know how to behave on there.

I cammed on Naked.com for a few months and holy FUCK was that terrible. It was like these people crawled out of the woodworks and had never laid eyes on a woman before. They were total neanderthals. Needless to say, I stopped on that site real quick.

Now for me CURRENTLY, when I DO cam, I go on CamSoda. I'm not sure if it's because I'm more recognized now from my porn work but people are respectful on there, too. They're there to have fun. They tip.

OMG, this was such a great post. I think I would like to use my stream mates account because I'm really getting sick of all the public chat bs, i mean the trolls are fucking endless. Yeah, I think I'm gonna give stream mates a try, and btw you are BEAUTIFUL, there is no traditional look for a cam model I guess some ppl think fake tits and fake ass is where it's at but in LA natural is trending and you are GORGEOUS, plus milfage is super in...on sextpanther the #4 cam model is like a 40 some year old mom of 4 so there ya go!
I'm not British but I was raised Turkish-American in midwest USA (Ohio) so I'm overly nice to customers as well. I still consider myself new as I only have 6 months of cam under my belt, and yes I had to deal with the super trolls in the beginnng of mfc as well. I'm starting to raise my prices as well, no longer getting naked in public chat, and yes, it does work out better for me in the long run, maybe not in the short run (small tips from freeloaders who cum and go), but I get to build relatioships and then get pvt or skype shows later....
Anyhow, I guess I want to learn a bit more about stream mates? Id like to stream on there but I have no vids posted yet!
Love,
Aries
P{us how does the token system work in there? You guys can price your own pvts at $8.99/min? That's awesome (ofc I'm sure that takes time and a good old following(

I'm not sure about the odds. But last night on MFC I stayed on a whole extra hour because I was really enjoying some laughs with two of the members in my chat. Yeah, I was well aware that I was probably shooting myself in the foot by staying on that long...with the whole camscore thing (I had only made a few bucks last night). But I was just impressed to have two men in my room with good attention spans to carry on a conversation with me (and with each other). It was reminding me of my good 'ole days on MFC when there would be a few of us (or more) hangin' out and having good conversations. Man, if I could just get my camscore out of the shithole and back up, that would be amazing.

I'm not sure about the odds. But last night on MFC I stayed on a whole extra hour because I was really enjoying some laughs with two of the members in my chat. Yeah, I was well aware that I was probably shooting myself in the foot by staying on that long...with the whole camscore thing (I had only made a few bucks last night). But I was just impressed to have two men in my room with good attention spans to carry on a conversation with me (and with each other). It was reminding me of my good 'ole days on MFC when there would be a few of us (or more) hangin' out and having good conversations. Man, if I could just get my camscore out of the shithole and back up, that would be amazing.
I feel exactly the same way...I'm a newbie and i Know 1250 isn't a great camscore but it did put me front and center on the mfc page and i remember one day it was just the 3 of us and the two guys were talking about mullets and one guy worked with a dude who had a bald head and a half mullet and I was dead (prolly had to be there kinda thing) but yeah I also feel the way about camscore...I'md own to like 768 or something and it's so hard to get some of the better members in my room without having to stay on a few extra hours and i'm just not trying to pay attention to it as much for my own mental health...but, I still do...and I know accepting cash and skype shows can fuck that up but when somebody sends a good amount like $50 and up it's a bit hard to refuse.
Anyhow, glad to know that there's still some fun on that site, and I have had some great nights on there myself. My fav night was one guy had his final hurrah and tipped me just a shitload to sit there and talk and play 90s music but trust me I don't make $1400 everyday...however, to know that it is possible, (and I've hit good numbers online) is I guess what keeps me on mfc. I've had guys buy me a ringlight, a nora, toys, costumes, and one sent me my rent money in full so i mean good days bad days, we all loook for consistent days and I'm finding that I just have to work a few more hours on there these days to get what I used to make...but, it usually pays off and that's why I've stuck to the site...
Love,
Aries
BTW Yummybrownfox, do you like manyvids for streaming? I probably won't do it as I have not been onthere for long, but since youve been on there for awhile, do you have a decent time streaming on there? I like their interface but not many members

OMG, this was such a great post. I think I would like to use my stream mates account because I'm really getting sick of all the public chat bs, i mean the trolls are fucking endless. Yeah, I think I'm gonna give stream mates a try, and btw you are BEAUTIFUL, there is no traditional look for a cam model I guess some ppl think fake tits and fake ass is where it's at but in LA natural is trending and you are GORGEOUS, plus milfage is super in...on sextpanther the #4 cam model is like a 40 some year old mom of 4 so there ya go!
I'm not British but I was raised Turkish-American in midwest USA (Ohio) so I'm overly nice to customers as well. I still consider myself new as I only have 6 months of cam under my belt, and yes I had to deal with the super trolls in the beginnng of mfc as well. I'm starting to raise my prices as well, no longer getting naked in public chat, and yes, it does work out better for me in the long run, maybe not in the short run (small tips from freeloaders who cum and go), but I get to build relatioships and then get pvt or skype shows later....
Anyhow, I guess I want to learn a bit more about stream mates? Id like to stream on there but I have no vids posted yet!
Love,
Aries
P{us how does the token system work in there? You guys can price your own pvts at $8.99/min? That's awesome (ofc I'm sure that takes time and a good old following(
Of course I'm beautiful, that was never a question? And I know I am too 🤷‍♀️ Women with cosmetic surgery are beautiful too. I prefer fake tits for the most part, some do, some don't. I don't like to talk about stuff like that because I feel it causes trouble and objectifies women further, which is already a huge problem in society. I don't like it being natural set against enhanced, it's all beautiful.

A lot of these questions you ask can be looked up under FAQ on SM, or searched out on this forum under other threads. Especially the SM thread under unofficial support.

Last edited:
Of course I'm beautiful, that was never a question? And I know I am too 🤷‍♀️ Women with cosmetic surgery are beautiful too. I prefer fake tits for the most part, some do, some don't, I don't like to talk about stuff like that because I feel it causes trouble and objectifies women further, which is already a huge problem in society. I don't like it being natural set against enhanced, it's all beautiful.

A lot of these questions you ask can be looked up under FAQ on SM, or searched out on this forum under other threads. Especially the SM thread under unofficial support.
I feel like Ive added a lot, and it gets to be a bit of a burnout constantly writing novels. Everything I could say has already been said, and is already searchable on this forum.
yer good and yeah it's all good fake or natural is all good, I guess I just wanted to say there is no traditional look and imo you look like a covergirl :) yes I've read a lot of your content, mostly just reading this week due to my surgeries and I'm going to look at the faqs and stuff on stream mates as well.
Thanks for the info, no need to write novels sorry about that!

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.