AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mods and knights according to BongaCams, Chaturbate, Stripchat, and you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHATURBATE
"A good moderator will engage with the viewers in your room and introduce your show and rules, encourage viewers to tip in order to reach a goal, and take care of unwanted comments so you can focus on your show."

Sorry I was stupid and missed this bit.

>>A good moderator will engage with the viewers

No they wont, people don't goto broadcasting platforms to interact and talk to moderators.
And if mods be annoying like this, viewers will leave the room.

>> and introduce your show and rules

The show is usually in the channel title, and the goals are listed. So no need.
The moderator can stfu and let the viewers interact with the model.

And the rules are listed by bots.
And chaturbate's rules are listed by chaturbate.

>>encourage viewers to tip in order to reach a goal

Moderator asking viewers to pay a model is highly insulting.

>>and take care of unwanted comments so you can focus on your show.

Most can be done with bot settings.
But yeah .. moderators can do this a little.. Silently.

Reactions: Vixxen81 and Hiunds
It is interesting. I don't love most knights or mods but in just a couple weeks as an ultimate member on SC I have been knighted by 8-9 models. At first I was annoyed about it but the SC system of appointing knights (model knights user, user has zero input) is so dumb that I figured instead of arguing with models about it I would just accept all of them and tell the models that I wasn't going to do any knight tasks and that it wouldn't change the amount of time I visit their rooms or how much I tip. I guess if I really disliked a model I might get her to undo it, but I am not really hanging out with models I don't like

I have had one surprise. With one model - who was the only one of the group to actually ask me before knighting me - I think I have gotten to know her a bit better and consequently DO spend a little more time in her rom and therefore tip a little more than I was pre-knighthood. I gave her my spiel about what I would and wouldn't (mostly wouldn't) do, and she was cool with it. I do zero moderating, but I do check in with her every day to say hi and see how things are going. The only thing I think she does with me vs. her non-knights is she asks me a lot of "user's opinion" questions (example - "I am thinking about adding 'X' to my tip menu - is that something you think might be popular? How much do you think I should charge given my other rates?"). And getting to know her better has been pretty fun - we were friendly but talk a lot more about outside stuff like movies and food. I see that as a benefit because it is like adding a new online friend (who is also very hot lol). No change in how I interact with the other models who knighted me, which I think has surprised a couple who I think thought I'd suddenly become a whale for them

Reactions: NotYou and Ozzie_
It is interesting. I don't love most knights or mods but in just a couple weeks as an ultimate member on SC I have been knighted by 8-9 models. At first I was annoyed about it but the SC system of appointing knights (model knights user, user has zero input) is so dumb that I figured instead of arguing with models about it I would just accept all of them and tell the models that I wasn't going to do any knight tasks and that it wouldn't change the amount of time I visit their rooms or how much I tip. I guess if I really disliked a model I might get her to undo it, but I am not really hanging out with models I don't like

I have had one surprise. With one model - who was the only one of the group to actually ask me before knighting me - I think I have gotten to know her a bit better and consequently DO spend a little more time in her rom and therefore tip a little more than I was pre-knighthood. I gave her my spiel about what I would and wouldn't (mostly wouldn't) do, and she was cool with it. I do zero moderating, but I do check in with her every day to say hi and see how things are going. The only thing I think she does with me vs. her non-knights is she asks me a lot of "user's opinion" questions (example - "I am thinking about adding 'X' to my tip menu - is that something you think might be popular? How much do you think I should charge given my other rates?"). And getting to know her better has been pretty fun - we were friendly but talk a lot more about outside stuff like movies and food. I see that as a benefit because it is like adding a new online friend (who is also very hot lol). No change in how I interact with the other models who knighted me, which I think has surprised a couple who I think thought I'd suddenly become a whale for them

You raise an interesting point. Like SC, CB also doesn’t provide a way for a member to play a role in whether or not they are given moderator privileges. I think for SC or CB, a nice feature might be adding a step to the process. When a model makes you a moderator/knight, simply allow the member to accept or decline the invitation.

For members that would rather not be made a moderator/knight (for a specific model or just in general), it might save everyone some time and awkward discussion.

Better yet - put that option right in the user’s preferences. Give me a box to check that says “block moderator/knight invitations” and then make it so any model that tries just wont see that option available for me.

A moderator could silence the model? Gee, I’m sure THAT policy never got out of hand…
They could unsilence themself, not that it mattered unless they were strictly a typing non-verbal room. But it was hilarious to see/do. Especially with other mods.

You raise an interesting point. Like SC, CB also doesn’t provide a way for a member to play a role in whether or not they are given moderator privileges. I think for SC or CB, a nice feature might be adding a step to the process. When a model makes you a moderator/knight, simply allow the member to accept or decline the invitation.

For members that would rather not be made a moderator/knight (for a specific model or just in general), it might save everyone some time and awkward discussion.

Better yet - put that option right in the user’s preferences. Give me a box to check that says “block moderator/knight invitations” and then make it so any model that tries just wont see that option available for me.
I definitely think the user should get a request to be accepted, declined or ignored. The current process invites misunderstandings and unnecessary awkwardness.

Reactions: NotYou
Better off removing the ability to appoint mods and knights from these sites altogether IMHO.
Let models manage their room, and apply apps/bots if it becomes unmanageable.
Perhaps even include the moderation functions of these apps/bots by default in the standard site coding?
Yeah but I have to think that since these roles theoretically drive engagement between models and users they mean that a lot of users stay on the sites longer and presumably tip more overall as a result

In other words, These designations likely make the site and the model more money, so I doubt they go away

Yeah but I have to think that since these roles theoretically drive engagement between models and users they mean that a lot of users stay on the sites longer and presumably tip more overall as a result

In other words, These designations likely make the site and the model more money, so I doubt they go away

Yeah, that’s the main reason I didn’t go so far as to suggest completely removing moderators/knights as an option. It’s pretty clear that a lot of models use the granting of those privileges as a way to make the member feel warm & fuzzy & loyal, and not because they actually need a moderator/knight’s help with anything.

I wouldn’t want to remove that option for models that might be using it to their benefit, but I also still think giving the member an option to decline is a good idea.

Better off removing the ability to appoint mods and knights from these sites altogether IMHO.
Perhaps even include the moderation functions of these apps/bots by default in the standard site coding?
Fine, except SC does not have that ability 🤷‍♂️ .

It took CB how many years to implement the popular "censored words" as a built-in feature? And you expect/want/hope they will include all other apps/bots to be built into the site coding?
I know miracles happen daily, but when it comes to something like this and CB, some miracles are just not worth waiting for lol

Even something like a tip menu and some other things SHOULD be built-in like they are on other sites, but they are too lazy or inexperienced etc.
I get and like the fact you can make custom apps and bots but hoping for CB to implement anything as a feature... more likely that dinosaurs will come back from extinction and wipe humanity out lol

For this reason, all of the commands and such that come with all of the apps and bots, you do need mods to help, so even if they only help with this then it can stop the model having to constantly be umming and ahhing trying to find or remember the correct commands or having to look in a document she saved with them or whatever

Perhaps, but personally I don't buy whatever the 'theory' you mention is.
And having an over-enthusiastic mod, or one who wants to influence the model or room, can so often do a lot more harm to overall earnings than they would positively contribute themself.

It took CB how many years to implement the popular "censored words" as a built-in feature? And you expect/want/hope they will include all other apps/bots to be built into the site coding?
No, I don't expect that. Just saying if a model's workload exceeds their ability/desire to self-manage things, they can make use of the many apps available to do this without needing a mod.
And as a long-term suggestion, ultimately encourage the site coders to phase in the aspects of those apps for consistency/familiarity.
Whatever the motivation, the OP has demonstrated that the site's own suggestions for what a mod should do, are not really reflected by the members and models here.

Reactions: Smoothie and NotYou
Perhaps, but personally I don't buy whatever the 'theory' you mention is.
And having an over-enthusiastic mod, or one who wants to influence the model or room, can so often do a lot more harm to overall earnings than they would positively contribute themself.
Honestly, I don’t think either of us have any data to prove anything on it. But I bet the cam sites that offer the feature do. I would also say that in the case of Stripchat ability to be a knight is one of the benefits of ultimate membership, which unquestionably makes money for SC. I have also seen badly over moderated rooms that nonetheless were incredibly profitable for the model. By the way, I don’t disagree with your skepticism about the roles.

Deepening customer connection is a classic way to increase sales in pretty much anything. Knighting/molding is one way cam sites do it

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Honestly, I don’t think either of us have any data to prove anything on it. But I bet the cam sites that offer the feature do. I would also say that in the case of Stripchat ability to be a knight is one of the benefits of ultimate membership, which unquestionably makes money for SC. I have also seen badly over moderated rooms that nonetheless were incredibly profitable for the model. By the way, I don’t disagree with your skepticism about the roles.

Deepening customer connection is a classic way to increase sales in pretty much anything. Knighting/molding is one way cam sites do it
All fair points. But I would also point out the following:
- those profitable rooms indicate the model is very well appreciated despite the over-moderation, and could potentially be even more profitable in the absence of such member moderation. A model with modest traffic could be very badly impacted on earnings by a bad mod/knight.
- the Stripchat requirement to buy Ultimate membership to be eligible to be a Knight makes this a motivational incentive for members rather than models. When the marketing offers 'knighthood' as one of the reasons to buy ultimate, that makes it very likely that Ultimate members could ask a model to make them a knight. So again it comes down to many of those seeking to be mods or knights for a particular model have an agenda.

When I was broadcasting with my wife, I would make the user she was using on her tablet a moderator so that she could also silence/ban. So there are some use cases like this and like the studios use were there may be extra people helping manage the broadcast.

OK, now I think I have the most ridiculous knight story yet. I swear sometimes SC reminds me of a less mature junior high school

So there is a model that I used to visit fairly regularly but really haven't for the last several weeks. When I was active in her room there was another user who also used to tip a good amount. Not that I got to know him, but he always seemed like the type who took "king of the room" way too seriously and generally was just competitive with other tippers, including me.

So fast forward to this weekend, I get a notification out of the blue that I was knighted by this model (who again, I haven't really visited in weeks). So I go over to her room to see what is going on and this other user is just GOING OFF in her public chat. Apparently he was tipping her a lot and her response was to knight me, and apparently this did exactly what she intended, which was to get him riled up. He goes off on her, says she needs to get rid of all of her knights because they don't spend time in her room (true in my case), how he was ready to be her number one but now she made a HUGE (sic) mistake, etc. And all the while the model is teasing him in kind of mean way. So, she basically knighted a user just to piss off another user. Then the user goes to another model (who I do frequent and whose room I was actually in when I got the knight notification) and proceeds to tip her a ton, I guess to get back at the first model.

Juvenile as hell (and maybe a little crazy to boot), but I almost have to marvel at the savagery given the response it evoked. I definitely got the feeling she knew it would cause him to blow a gasket lol.

WTF is wrong with people?

OK, now I think I have the most ridiculous knight story yet. I swear sometimes SC reminds me of a less mature junior high school

So there is a model that I used to visit fairly regularly but really haven't for the last several weeks. When I was active in her room there was another user who also used to tip a good amount. Not that I got to know him, but he always seemed like the type who took "king of the room" way too seriously and generally was just competitive with other tippers, including me.

So fast forward to this weekend, I get a notification out of the blue that I was knighted by this model (who again, I haven't really visited in weeks). So I go over to her room to see what is going on and this other user is just GOING OFF in her public chat. Apparently he was tipping her a lot and her response was to knight me, and apparently this did exactly what she intended, which was to get him riled up. He goes off on her, says she needs to get rid of all of her knights because they don't spend time in her room (true in my case), how he was ready to be her number one but now she made a HUGE (sic) mistake, etc. And all the while the model is teasing him in kind of mean way. So, she basically knighted a user just to piss off another user. Then the user goes to another model (who I do frequent and whose room I was actually in when I got the knight notification) and proceeds to tip her a ton, I guess to get back at the first model.

Juvenile as hell (and maybe a little crazy to boot), but I almost have to marvel at the savagery given the response it evoked. I definitely got the feeling she knew it would cause him to blow a gasket lol.

Sounds like a bit of a toxic room all 'round, including the model. but entertaining to witness that performance by both I imagine ;)

Ugh...don't ya just love it when people drag you into their drama?

backing up homer simpson GIF

Good grief. Just reading that, I feel like I'm back in ____________ High School, or watching a scene from General Hospital, or both. 😂

another weird knight story.

I visited a room for the first time this morning (not a new model). When I got to the room I liked what she was doing so I tipped her some to keep going. Then she put up a goal I liked for not all that many tokens so I decided to stay and meet the goal with her. During this time we didn't have any communication in the public chat or PM, the only communication were a couple of tip notes (of the "I like it, keep going" variety).

So in the middle of this I see a notification light go on. I assume she probably sent me a friend request so I ignored it. But after she finishes the goal, I looked and saw she had knighted me without any real interaction and without me really tipping that much. So I thought maybe she was the type who just knights everybody so she has a lot of badges on her profile - but no, I am the only one.

I have seen many dysfunctional knights. For all she knows I am one of them. I was really surprised to see someone knight a user with so little interaction and without them being a whale

another weird knight story.

I visited a room for the first time this morning (not a new model). When I got to the room I liked what she was doing so I tipped her some to keep going. Then she put up a goal I liked for not all that many tokens so I decided to stay and meet the goal with her. During this time we didn't have any communication in the public chat or PM, the only communication were a couple of tip notes (of the "I like it, keep going" variety).

So in the middle of this I see a notification light go on. I assume she probably sent me a friend request so I ignored it. But after she finishes the goal, I looked and saw she had knighted me without any real interaction and without me really tipping that much. So I thought maybe she was the type who just knights everybody so she has a lot of badges on her profile - but no, I am the only one.

I have seen many dysfunctional knights. For all she knows I am one of them. I was really surprised to see someone knight a user with so little interaction and without them being a whale

This might be THE reason why she DOES NOT think you're a bad guy/knight, the fact you weren't talking (and annoying her), you weren't blowing up the chat and PM with rude comments, dirty talk, or directions.
Believe it or not, many guys who tip do this, so that would be a reason why a model wouldn't knight them even if they aren't tipping lots or if they are.
The fact you were tipping just for the sake you like her and the goal etc probably is the exact reason why.

But just because she has no other knights now doesn't mean she didn't./ I mean, she may do the same with other guys but then if they aren't active and coming back tipping again after a few days or week or whatever, she may remove them. or maybe she knights similarly and then they start talking to her and start to be the type of rude assholes that she doesn't want, so she removes them

Hope I make sense, I feel like I have worded this whole thing terribly haha

Reactions: Ozzie_ and Hiunds
This might be THE reason why she DOES NOT think you're a bad guy/knight, the fact you weren't talking (and annoying her), you weren't blowing up the chat and PM with rude comments, dirty talk, or directions.
Believe it or not, many guys who tip do this, so that would be a reason why a model wouldn't knight them even if they aren't tipping lots or if they are.
The fact you were tipping just for the sake you like her and the goal etc probably is the exact reason why.

But just because she has no other knights now doesn't mean she didn't./ I mean, she may do the same with other guys but then if they aren't active and coming back tipping again after a few days or week or whatever, she may remove them. or maybe she knights similarly and then they start talking to her and start to be the type of rude assholes that she doesn't want, so she removes them

Hope I make sense, I feel like I have worded this whole thing terribly haha
I understand what you are saying, it just was kind of a weird experience. Any other model who has knighted me I had at least some back and forth. But as I have said, I don't really understand the knight stuff anyway

Reactions: NotYou
I understand what you are saying, it just was kind of a weird experience. Any other model who has knighted me I had at least some back and forth. But as I have said, I don't really understand the knight stuff anyway

In this, it seems like she just did it as a reward to you for being kind, so don't worry about having any duties, unless she messages and asks you to.

On camsites, your mod should be mostly invisible and take care of things "behind the scenes."
Mods should not be hyping up models or acting like a big shot unless they are actually a big shot dropping the big bills.

As a mod, I mostly deal with behind-the-scenes stuff like managing goals and tip menus, all which the model designed. I'm mostly a second set of hands to let her be a model without also being a techy.
While I can give my own input on things, the model makes all the choices and decisions, I just press the buttons.

The most important part of choosing a mod is finding a person you can trust and work with. All mods have different motives. You ideally want to find someone just wants to help... but that's not always easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.