AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Movie night?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2022
Let's try and have an online movie night (yeah, I confess... I got the idea from a particular thread on General Cam Chat ;)).

I'd like to try through Skype. I can make a private room, and people don't need an account to enter, they can do it as anonymous guests. I've done that before. So you don't have to worry about showing personal information, like your Skype name or avatar (in case it is personal). You don't even need to install the app, it's possible to login to a Skype private room through browser, on a PC, if you have the right web address. I've done that before as well. I'd share it with only those that post they want to join, through individual PMs here on the forum. That way, the web address to the private room will never be public. And it's probably best, bandwith-wise, if I use OBS's virtual webcam to stream the movie, instead of Skype's default share-window option. I have a decent Internet speed and a gaming laptop, so I think it can work! 🤔

I might have been giving this some thought... hahaha!

So I need help to make a test. Any volunteers? We can set up a date and time and I'd stream a 15-minute short or something to see if it does work. If so, we can have a movie night, latter on!

Please, let me know here if you'd like to help out with the test.

Let's try and have an online movie night (yeah, I confess... I got the idea from a particular thread on General Cam Chat ;)).

I'd like to try through Skype. I can make a private room, and people don't need an account to enter, they can do it as anonymous guests. I've done that before. So you don't have to worry about showing personal information, like your Skype name or avatar (in case it is personal). You don't even need to install the app, it's possible to login to a Skype private room through browser, on a PC, if you have the right web address. I've done that before as well. I'd share it with only those that post they want to join, through individual PMs here on the forum. That way, the web address to the private room will never be public. And it's probably best, bandwith-wise, if I use OBS's virtual webcam to stream the movie, instead of Skype's default share-window option. I have a decent Internet speed and a gaming laptop, so I think it can work! 🤔

I might have been giving this some thought... hahaha!

So I need help to make a test. Any volunteers? We can set up a date and time and I'd stream a 15-minute short or something to see if it does work. If so, we can have a movie night, latter on!

Please, let me know here if you'd like to help out with the test.
There's another way to do that. If you're using Netflix to play the movie, there's an extension on Chrome called Netflix Party or Teleparty. The thing is that everyone use its own netflix account, and the extension syncronizes all the netflix that are connected to the extension. It also adds a side bar with a chat.

Reactions: Lou_King_
The Netflix Watch Party feature that Eric mentioned above is pretty cool. It has a text chat area on the right hand side of the screen, and when one of the party participants has to go to the bathroom, I believe the person who's hosting the party is the one who pauses the movie...and it will pause for everyone else who's watching too.

During the 2020 pandemic when everyone was ordered to stay at home, some friends and I would have a virtual Netflix Watch Party every Wednesday night, and each week it'd be someone else's turn to choose the movie. We used some other platform (Can't remember which one) to enable video chat during the movie, so that we could all see each other while relaxing in bed watching the movie. And sometimes we'd play several rounds of Cards Against Humanity online.

Hulu has the same feature (Hulu Watch Party). I've mentioned this on here before, but I have it as an option on my tip menu (Tip for a one-on-one virtual Hulu movie date with me) for a large token amount...and at one point I'd offered it as a prize to my highest tipper of the month. But the last guy who won it never redeemed it.

• Helpful!
Thank you @yummybrownfox 😃. I love that kind of plans. Sounds like your 2020 Wednesdays were very fun! I was also at a couple of Netflix Watch Parties on that year. And I had a couple of movie nights back then on an app called Kast. It was a really good app, but the people behind it removed a couple of features afterwards. Might it have been the other platform you mentioned?

More importantly, YBF, might you consider giving to us the prize your grand tipper never redeemed 😄? We'll enjoy it on his or her behalf and thank him or her latter!

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
More importantly, YBF, might you consider giving to us the prize your grand tipper never redeemed 😄? We'll enjoy it on his or her behalf and thank him or her latter!

Give you two hours of my free time without you tipping me for it? That's hilarious. 😂

love and hip hop you got jokes GIF by VH1

Where are you big tipper?! What a way to waste a perfectly good prize!

Anyway, thanks for answering ;)

Where are you big tipper?! What a way to waste a perfectly good prize!

Anyway, thanks for answering ;)

Some members tip generously just because they want to…and they appreciate the model, and don’t really care about “getting something in return for it.”

You’re welcome. Have a good day.

A big problem in our field is that a lot of people don't respect our time... I can't imagine any cam model donating their time, for extra stuff, we already donate enough. We're business people. The whole goal is not to attract freeloaders who expect our time for free, and who hang out taking attention and time, but not giving a single thing of any real value back.

Last edited:
Thanks @MarieElise.

In my case 🙂, I assume that's the main or at least one of the reasons why no one offered to help with the test... that's totally OK. It didn't have to be models anyway, since not everyone here is one. It was just a thought I had since a couple of people, both models and non-models, mentioned being interested in a particular movie I recommended, but couldn't see it due to their region.

Looks like my idea won't take off and I can live with that. I prefer to just continue being a part of the forum, read and post a bit. C'ya on some other thread!

both models and non-models, mentioned being interested in a particular movie I recommended, but couldn't see it due to their region.
Oh, got it. Well that was nice, sorry it didn't work out.

And I had a couple of movie nights back then on an app called Kast. It was a really good app, but the people behind it removed a couple of features afterwards. Might it have been the other platform you mentioned?

No, the platform I was referring to was Google Hangouts.

Oh, I had actually read that wrong. I thought you meant an alternative to Netflix Watch Party. Now I see you meant a side-app, so you could all see your faces. That's a great idea! All my watch parties were of exclusively text-based. And Kast isn't for that, it's for streaming a movie or episode to a group and have a chat box.

Last edited:
You can watch netflix or any browser based streaming site in skype without any extra apps. The reason you get the black screen is when you leave hardware acceleration enabled in your browser. In Chrome goto settings then system on the left and uncheck 'use hardware acceleration when available' Then you just do a simple screen share to that browser window with sound enabled.

This works for skype, zoom and discord.

No offense, but id only be interested in doing this with other verified cammodels. I'm not interested in spending my time socializing with members for free.

There a plenty of cammodels that offer movie nights for their audience. Recommend looking into that if anyone's interested in watching movies with cammodels.

Oh, I had actually read that wrong. I thought you meant an alternative to Netflix Watch Party. Now I see you meant a side-app, so you could all see your faces. That's a great idea! All my watch parties were of exclusively text-based. And Kast isn't for that, it's for streaming a movie or episode to a group and have a chat box.

No, an alternative to Netflix Watch Party would be Hulu Watch Party (I cancelled Netflix a long time ago, and kept Hulu).

Google Hangouts (which has text chat AND a video chat option) was the platform we used so we could all see other…while doing our Netflix Watch Party.

I get now what you meant. So what made you leave NetFlix? It's pretty cool; I enjoy every once in a while a food docu-series and maybe a teen comedy series 🤔.

I get now what you meant. So what made you leave NetFlix? It's pretty cool; I enjoy every once in a while a food docu-series and maybe a teen comedy series 🤔.

Because I’m already paying for Hulu, which I like more than Netflix…and I get Peacock for free, as a Comcast Xfinity subscriber. So there’s no need for me to be paying a monthly rate for Netflix as well. I spend too much money as it is every month on bills and expenses.

Non taken, and again, it didn't even have to be with models. I'm not the only non-model on this forum 🙂

You must have had a great time! So what did you watch?
We had a great time. Both times it was a horror movie. One was Korean movie the other I cannot remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.