AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Multiple Sites + The Same Name - good or bad?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, I am very curious. Some models will use the exact same name on all of the cam sites they work on. I can understand why firstly it may just be a name they really like. Secondly, it's your brand and identity.
But it has a negative (or multiple) problems too. I think one of the biggest ones is that you get the same user from Site A, also visiting you on Site B, Site C, etc.
And if they are a tipper then great they are helping you on one or multiple sites but many are the same demanding kind of guys who will demand and be rude across all the sites. Or quite frankly, they twig on that when you're in a pvt on Site A you may be showing it free on Site B or C, etc.

SO, what are everyone's opinions for using the same name everywhere?
This can also mean for Social Media, Snapchat, OnlyFans, everything.

(not a cam model, but have uploaded my OC content to a handful of sites, so maybe that counts)

i had a theme, and it was amazing, it is amazing, but with a somewhat haste decision i inter-twingled it with 2 other "worlds", so to speak..

i even bought a damn domain, and was going to have... *sigh* --there's still hope, i suppose ... but yeah, i *dig* the themed stuff... it's your brand.

i think some models have the OG accounts else where and are forced to change... but that could also work for them... "if you build it" and that whole adage..

however if a model can come up with their own persona especially a "real name" or even just a super catchy "brand" username... that frigging WORKS so well. and that opens up a lot of possibilities and is scalable with , business, marketing, anything really.

the users know exactly who you are and who they want, a ton of positives. also if you roll with it you better get it on EVERY site; even ones you don't want to use.. everyone knows it won't be there long.

of course this is just my semi subjectively objective but humble opinion.
:bucktooth:

I want to change my professional name but I can't yet on Stripchat, so I'm waiting everywhere else too to keep it consistent. It's important for me to have the same (or very similar) name across platforms I use for work, so even when I don't/can't cross promote people can find me easily on other platforms.

ETA Also, if I'm in the middle of a show it's so much easier to say "my Twitter name is the same as here" than explain where to find the link in my profile or type it out.

Last edited:
I want to change my professional name but I can't yet on Stripchat, so I'm waiting everywhere else too to keep it consistent. It's important for me to have the same (or very similar) name across platforms I use for work, so even when I don't/can't cross promote people can find me easily on other platforms.

ETA Also, if I'm in the middle of a show it's so much easier to say "my Twitter name is the same as here" than explain where to find the link in my profile or type it out.
FYI, some won't let you change so willy nilly, so you might want to prepare for that by checking.. i know CamSoda won't let you change unless it's for a safety concern... cam4 doesn't allow change.. there is one site that only allows for 1 change ever... cant recall which; an off the top of my head that's all i know right now..

also, just to let you know, if you were streaming with OBS you could setup a hotkey that would flash a message or "twitter" contact info, which could be setup in any variety of ways using any number of input sources... not saying switch if you aren't, just providing a little food for thought!

I would never consider using a different name unless I was taking on a new persona.
I don't really have the same guys on my 2 cam sites, they are totally diff clientele.
Having the same name makes me easier to Google (SEO) and link back to social media/other projects, also branding is important to marketing.

So, I am very curious. Some models will use the exact same name on all of the cam sites they work on. I can understand why firstly it may just be a name they really like. Secondly, it's your brand and identity.
But it has a negative (or multiple) problems too. I think one of the biggest ones is that you get the same user from Site A, also visiting you on Site B, Site C, etc.
And if they are a tipper then great they are helping you on one or multiple sites but many are the same demanding kind of guys who will demand and be rude across all the sites. Or quite frankly, they twig on that when you're in a pvt on Site A you may be showing it free on Site B or C, etc.

SO, what are everyone's opinions for using the same name everywhere?
This can also mean for Social Media, Snapchat, OnlyFans, everything.

I vote for using the same name. I think it's especially a good thing for Streamate models, since SM is so strict about models not being allowed to even mention Twitter, etc. The guys who are smart enough to go find you on Twitter (or Google, if they don't want to use Twitter) can just find out from there about all of the other sites you're on, and you can tweet about it without getting freakin' banned for it.

I can understand, though, that if you have a MyFreeCams regular who always tips and/or takes you private on there, but now he's spending more time in your ImLive chat (Taking you private on there instead)...what sucks about that is you're getting a much smaller percentage of earnings on ImLive (30%). So that 10-minute private show that you'd usually do with him on MFC and get 600 tokens for ($30 in your pocket)...on ImLive - even if your private show rate is set at the max ($5.80/min.) - you're only getting $17.40 in your pocket for a 10-minute private show.

I also understand that cam girls who have an additional character they play (Like a dom) might have a different screen name specifically for that character on a different site, and may not want their vanilla MyFreeCams crowd going over to that site acting all perplexed ("Bb? Why are you talking like that? Bb?") when they see her in black leather with a whip telling a guy "On your knees, worm!"

*"On your knees, worm!" is an Olivia Benson quote from an old episode of Law and Order SVU. :giggle:

FYI, some won't let you change so willy nilly, so you might want to prepare for that by checking..
Lol no shit. I literally said I'm waiting for Stripchat to start allowing it. FYI I know how to do my job and how the sites I use work.

ETA And yeah that hotkey is gonna be so useful while I have a dildo in one hand and clit toy in another.

Last edited:
Lol no shit. I literally said I'm waiting for Stripchat to start allowing it. FYI I know how to do my job and how the sites I use work.
i don't remember saying that you didn't? i guess anyone else who views this thread later will at least know some information, a few sites and their stipulations surrounding name changes ... and how great your attitude is. :)

Oh I'm sorry mister, I forgot I should say thank you very much mister for using your big brain to teach me about my job by giving obvious and unsolicited advice. I'm so ungrateful, such horrible attitude. How will I ever repay you kind sir?

Oh I'm sorry mister, I forgot I should say thank you very much mister for using your big brain to teach me about my job by giving obvious and unsolicited advice. I'm so ungrateful, such horrible attitude. How will I ever repay you kind sir?

now please don't worry about me and maybe less about others in general and more about why you're having to change your name in the first place?

ETA And yeah that hotkey is gonna be so useful while I have a dildo in one hand and clit toy in another.

so for the ninja edit.. mam.. don't worry i have your unsolicited solution right here.. i remember stating you could use any number of controllers.... just clench tight enough and activate the bluetooth button on the dildo.. jeez.

that was actually supposed to work out a lot better when i was sure at least one of them was up your ass.. have you checked at all recently?

i'm sorry if i offended you, that was the furthest thing from my intentions. these threads are helpful to a lot of people, some who are not even registered, and the more information surrounding the topic, the better.

we cool?

Lotacy you keep being a "well meaning" jerk not just to me but to other people using this forum, mansplain the shit out of everything to everyone (in unnecessarily convoluted ways most of the time), and don't listen to actual models telling you it's not helpful or wanted.

So no, we are not cool, especially not after that last message you wrote. Saying you didn't mean to offend someone in a message where you put multiple insults in doesn't cancel them out.

0ea.png

verb
informal
verb: mansplain; 3rd person present: mansplains; past tense: mansplained; past participle: mansplained; gerund or present participle: mansplaining
(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

sincerely, everyone, certainly not my intentions at all. been a rough.. rough time lately for a few months for me... not looking for sympathy, just..

i apologize if i came across in this way, especially reading that definition.. that's huge. so, if this is the case then you have excuse me because that is not who i am or what i am about, and if you knew me you'd know that to be true. the huge worries on my mind and lack of proper sleep probably have me thinking i am doing something good or right, and from the looks of it with what you're saying... it totally isn't. i came here with good intentions... but i admit this week especially i am using this forum or anything i can find as an outlet to procrastinate this thingi have to take care of.. and it's a tough thing to take care of... and this ... is not a healthy thing either.. for anyone, it seems.

anyways, not an excuse or an ploy for sympathy.. not a request to become a mod, or an elaborate 3 page paper... just me being real.

i will back off, and stay lurking or away from these threads. once i have moved passed my hold up, perhaps i'll be able to return and atone.. and the moving passed is inevitable.

if you could believe i'm actually a little emotional with some... body probably cutting onions. heh.

well i can't keep apologizing all day or it will be a 3 page thing.

bye.

verb
informal
verb: mansplain; 3rd person present: mansplains; past tense: mansplained; past participle: mansplained; gerund or present participle: mansplaining
(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

sincerely, everyone, certainly not my intentions at all. been a rough.. rough time lately for a few months for me... not looking for sympathy, just..

i apologize if i came across in this way, especially reading that definition.. that's huge. so, if this is the case then you have excuse me because that is not who i am or what i am about, and if you knew me you'd know that to be true. the huge worries on my mind and lack of proper sleep probably have me thinking i am doing something good or right, and from the looks of it with what you're saying... it totally isn't. i came here with good intentions... but i admit this week especially i am using this forum or anything i can find as an outlet to procrastinate this thingi have to take care of.. and it's a tough thing to take care of... and this ... is not a healthy thing either.. for anyone, it seems.

anyways, not an excuse or an ploy for sympathy.. not a request to become a mod, or an elaborate 3 page paper... just me being real.

i will back off, and stay lurking or away from these threads. once i have moved passed my hold up, perhaps i'll be able to return and atone.. and the moving passed is inevitable.

if you could believe i'm actually a little emotional with some... body probably cutting onions. heh.

well i can't keep apologizing all day or it will be a 3 page thing.

bye.

Your reaction to Mika seemed over the top emotional and super, SUPER crazy mean. It seems you acknowledge this though. All she did was lay a boundary with you, that quite frankly you needed.

If you find that your emotions are like this, across situations over the long run, it may be worth talking to a doctor about. I was just reading in the paper yesterday that professionals are saying that basically the whole world has some level of PTSD right now, based on all the trauma we have been through the last year. If you just happen to be feeling emotional this week because of some kind of personal stressor then disregard what I said. But wanted to pop that in there. Times are hard. No shame in seeking extra professional support if it’s needed. But either way you need to get a grip on your emotions and over reactivity!

Last edited:
now please (..) worry (...) more about why you're having to change your name in the first place?
I know he already said his non-apology and left the conversation, but I'm still fuming over victim blaming tone of this comment and wanted to come back to it to reiterate how absolutely fucked up it was.

I said I wanted to change my name, not that I had to, so I'm good, but honestly the only situation where a model would HAVE TO change their name that I can think of is where they've been dealing with some serious harassment and name change would be a way to protect themselves. Saying things like that to a person in such situation (and it seems like he thought that was my case) would be just sick.

I also understand that cam girls who have an additional character they play (Like a dom) might have a different screen name specifically for that character on a different site, and may not want their vanilla MyFreeCams crowd going over to that site acting all perplexed ("Bb? Why are you talking like that? Bb?") when they see her in black leather with a whip telling a guy "On your knees, worm!"

*"On your knees, worm!" is an Olivia Benson quote from an old episode of Law and Order SVU. :giggle:
Realizing that this has in all likelihood happened to some bloke at some point made me have a well-needed laugh for the day. :haha:

From a marketing standpoint SO much easier to keep everything the same username. All my accounts are one main username with the exception of 1 which is the first site I did with Mr Dani. Wish it was the same name. But I had too many followers to change it on that site. I rarely do privates and one the occasion I do for a mega tipper or a fav, I hit the away/spy/kill switch on restream to those other sites so it is an actual private. I don't do multiple cam personas so much of the issues don't exist for me. I highly recommend same username for split camming. Some members have tokens in one site and they'll find me on that site and tip me there if they're out on the main site. All good. As long as they know I'm not ignoring tippers, I don't see the issue. Just perks.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I know he already said his non-apology and left the conversation, but I'm still fuming over victim blaming tone of this comment and wanted to come back to it to reiterate how absolutely fucked up it was.

I said I wanted to change my name, not that I had to, so I'm good, but honestly the only situation where a model would HAVE TO change their name that I can think of is where they've been dealing with some serious harassment and name change would be a way to protect themselves. Saying things like that to a person in such situation (and it seems like he thought that was my case) would be just sick.
OH. Crap. I see what is going on... makes more sense now... and i do apologize for that. If you will allow.... before this turns against me even more.

When you first replied to me, i actually felt worried and sick and confused...you know that feeling that hits inside.... because i did not mean to or realize i came across this way to you. I admit i have been over-helpful, i 100% realize that, and to be frank, i DO see that and i will work on it, no matter if i'm here or anywhere.

I was not going to respond to you, but i looked back at what you said in your reply... and what you said in your comment i initially replied to... and in thinking that "work" was something offline, somehow, and not connecting the obvious fact that you meant in the now...(the frigging thread is... yeah :( ) I thought that you had used a similar nickname as what you use with your non-SW life... i am... truly sorry, and that explains your reactions to me, and my reactions to you... and how i was actually really "we good" and you were..... very mad. I'm here to say, I will work on myself, please forgive me, and that is the truth about the crazy escalation that left both of us going WTF???? !!

Your reaction to Mika seemed over the top emotional and super, SUPER crazy mean. It seems you acknowledge this though. All she did was lay a boundary with you, that quite frankly you needed.

If you find that your emotions are like this, across situations over the long run, it may be worth talking to a doctor about. I was just reading in the paper yesterday that professionals are saying that basically the whole world has some level of PTSD right now, based on all the trauma we have been through the last year. If you just happen to be feeling emotional this week because of some kind of personal stressor then disregard what I said. But wanted to pop that in there. Times are hard. No shame in seeking extra professional support if it’s needed. But either way you need to get a grip on your emotions and over reactivity!
Thank you. I have realized how huge of a mistake i made by not even thinking, honestly, turning this situation in to a confusing and emotion- inducing few minutes... i was confused and sorrowful that i was being called condescending and patronizing to women.. in a forum... basically their HOME, and not having any idea why this extreme notion was brought up. i reacted to her, mistaking what she said completely, and thereby inciting more rage into her and more confusion into me. The only reason i reacted the way i did, because in my mind she was attacking me, and in that sense it's a 2 way street. I fully admit that i fucked up. I apologize. I will work on myself moving forward, and slow down a bit and realize what i am reading, saying, and where i am.

Thank you. I have realized how huge of a mistake i made by not even thinking, honestly, turning this situation in to a confusing and emotion- inducing few minutes... i was confused and sorrowful that i was being called condescending and patronizing to women.. in a forum... basically their HOME, and not having any idea why this extreme notion was brought up. i reacted to her, mistaking what she said completely, and thereby inciting more rage into her and more confusion into me. The only reason i reacted the way i did, because in my mind she was attacking me, and in that
Mika was in no way rageful with you at any point. So I am confused and suspicious who is supposedly feeling or felt rage?

She was rightfully annoyed because in your own emotion you made several below the belt, underhand comments. Those comments where uncalled for.

And she never did them to you.

ETA; Sorry Dawg, but if you're gonna call a Spade a Spade... call it a Spade.

Last edited:
Mika was in no way rageful with you at any point. So I am confused and suspicious who is supposedly feeling or felt rage?

She was rightfully annoyed because in your own emotion you made several below the belt, underhand comments. Those comments where uncalled for.

And she never did them to you.
I don't rage about online or really anything...well, when i stub my toes a couple times a year, and the long-term damage caused by issues.... they really hurt so i do get upset at myself... but.... here? no.

I don't know why i am responding to you, but it's very many against 1 at this point. and i have discovered MY mistake, Ii have already taken blame for the whole situation, and from the bottom of my still beating heart apologized. But yet i am still being tagged and speculated upon...

Again. Whatever was conveyed initially.... I will be working on myself.

After this talk, like i stated, it became a 2-way street. I was still under the horribly wrong impression, which i've explained and apologized for. So regretablly that is when i began my confused defense. If this talk posted about is considered normal, because, if you can see, i didn't start until after these 2 comments, then i don't know what normal would be.

I'm going to go for a while. Please understand i am speaking from a place of fully admitting fault, owning my mistake, and wanting to move on peacefully. I will await a response room mika or someone who can confirm she saw my apology. That is only faiir, accepted or not, just that i know she saw iit.

i don't remember saying that you didn't? i guess anyone else who views this thread later will at least know some information, a few sites and their stipulations surrounding name changes ... and how great your attitude is. :)
It's pretty common that when you quote someone, you're replying directly TO them. So if you want to make a general statement for others who read the thread later, avoid using the quote feature or put your general advice/statement before the rest of the reply with the quote. It helps! Because otherwise:

Lotacy maybe it would be best to stop giving unsolicited advice. I get you are trying to be helpful but it's coming across mansplainy.
...dis is gonna be the way many people view your posts.

And yes, mansplainy would certainly apply here. Telling someone something that is probably VERY likely common knowledge to them.

It's pretty common that when you quote someone, you're replying directly TO them. So if you want to make a general statement for others who read the thread later, avoid using the quote feature or put your general advice/statement before the rest of the reply with the quote. It helps! Because otherwise:

...dis is gonna be the way many people view your posts.

And yes, mansplainy would certainly apply here. Telling someone something that is probably VERY likely common knowledge to them.
I happily oblige and will not make the same mistake that caused this whole unneeded crazy mix up again. I hope that's feasible to see in everyone's eyes, it was a bad mix-up, and i've said my piece more than enough times, i just hope that _mika_ realizes it was indeed a mistake, and my apology is sincere, accepted or not. That's all i can say.

And thank you Amber.

dude you had a little internet skirmish. go take your break and stop repeatedly apologizing. it's getting a little gaslighty. we get it, you are sorry.

resist the urge to reply to me because you are digging your hole deeper. just log off the forums and go watch a movie or something.

So, I am very curious. Some models will use the exact same name on all of the cam sites they work on.

Good or bad, whatever....
But to me having everything under the same brand was very important..
To the point that I spent 2+ weeks going through ancient mythology looking for a name that wasn't so common now days, etc.. That I could live with for the next many years.
And checking all platforms to ensure the name was usable there, etc.
Then opening up mass accounts everywhere, including the .com domain name.. Just to ensure the username was secured everywhere where I might want to use it later.

I'm swapping from a field I'm an expert in, where I'm used to being asked, and offering help and training..
And also brain storming with teams, looking for best options.. Etc.
... To a field that I'm a newbie in, and thus here to learn from the experts in this field.. because I would like this new direction I'm on to be as successful as possible.
So yeah trying to me mindful of where I am, and that I'm the newbie again. : )

So thanks all for the help, training, and your expertise.. If I didn't recognise it and appreciate it, I wouldn't be here.
And apologies for any writing style errors in any previous posts of mine. I'm trying to adjust to the new environment.
*hugs/thanks*

I vote for same name on all websites.

But actual reason I wanted to reply here is why would imlive set $5.80 as highest price for private show?
That’s so silly. Aren’t they private based site too?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I vote for same name on all websites.

But actual reason I wanted to reply here is why would imlive set $5.80 as highest price for private show?
That’s so silly. Aren’t they private based site too?

Yup, And models on there only get 30%, which is even less than Streamate. And ImLive doesn't have the kind of traffic Streamate has. Models used to jokingly call it "ImDead." :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.