AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Cam Freezes After Entering Private/Group

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm a new cam girl on MFC and for some reason my video freeze's up every time I join private/group. People can hear me talk and it rarely freezes when entering public chat (if it does it unfreezes a few seconds later). I tried doing everything tech support recommends (reinstalling software/flash). My download speed is 27mbps and upload is 2.72mbps so I don't think it's my internet connection (unless faster is required o_O?) I have both Mozilla and IE but I use IE as that's what is recommended. Obviously this is bad for business, anyone else have this issue and if so how did you resolve it? I usually ask members to just end the show if my video freezes (which is every time) :'( , should I just have them wait and see if it unfreezes? I kinda feel bad doing that... Also I would love to hear any tips you may have for a new girl as well.

I'm losing money because my private/group video freezes. Works fine in public chat.

I've had that happen from time to time, but it's never been a chronic problem (lasting for more than one shift) The program/server can be really hanky sometimes.

If you've already contacted model support you've probably already heard this one: Uninstall and reinstall the program.

other than that I have no great insight into what might be wrong, sorry love!

ie is bad news... i would suggest google chrome. i could be wrong but ie is really sketchy..

I will try switching browsers, what browser do most of you girls use to run MFC in? I used Mozilla but because of the video freeze issue I tried switching to Internet Explorer (recommended browser), I guess I'll try chrome and see if it makes a difference. I'm really frustrated because as far as I can tell everything seems fine on my end, I'm using the Logitech Pro 9000 with up to date drivers, I've reinstalled both MFC software and flash player. The video feed is completely fine in public chat but as soon as I join a private or group show it freezes... I don't know if it would unfreeze given enough time as most members just end show right away if the video is frozen for them.

I don't know about other girls, but I don't run the mfc software in a browser...

I run it directly from the icon on my desktop. Unless they've changed it?

They did require me to have IE updated with flash and java though. Maybe you need to reinstall those?

I don't run the software in a browser either. :think:

I've been on since August, surely they can't have changed it that fast?

Hmmm maybe I have it set up wrong but when I click the icon on my desktop it opens up the small window where you click "start webcam" from there another window opens with chat and all that... I assumed it was an internet browser window, especially since under options it asks you if you would like to use your default browser or internet explorer. Or is that for something else?

After a second look it seems the browser option is only for opening links. Anyways I have two flash versions installed on my computer one from IE and one from Mozillla, Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin. Do you girls also have both of these installed or just one? I'm thinking maybe the two are conflicting...? I'm running out of ideas, I'm gonna try reinstalling it all again, even the webcam driver (although I don't see how that could be an issue since the cam works) maybe I'll get lucky >.< If anyone's experienced this problem please let me know how you fixed it.

The pvt / group freeze has been happening to others also

MFC glitch I think.

It was a glitch that hit me... I voyeur popped into and then out of a group show, or so I thought.

When I noticed I was down to 12 tokens ( :shock: ), I looked at my spending, and sure 'nough, it looked like I had never left that voyeur group show and it just ate all my tokens.

I contacted MFC support, told them what happened, told them to look at my history and see that I'd not done anything of that magnitude in one sitting before.

Within 12 hours, they had refunded my tokens *AND* not taken them away from the camgirl who had rec'd them because of their software glitch.

So... well-done MFC for doing the right thing.

Luluve said:
Hmmm maybe I have it set up wrong but when I click the icon on my desktop it opens up the small window where you click "start webcam" from there another window opens with chat and all that... I assumed it was an internet browser window, especially since under options it asks you if you would like to use your default browser or internet explorer. Or is that for something else?

Ummm, WTFFF, it's NOT a browser window. MFC's software is an entirely different program, about the only thing it has in common with a browser is that it requires an Internet connection.

'Default browser' refers to the browser that you want to use to open links from the MFC program.

AmbrosiaCer said:
Luluve said:

Ummm, WTFFF, it's NOT a browser window. MFC's software is an entirely different program, about the only thing it has in common with a browser is that it requires an Internet connection.

'Default browser' refers to the browser that you want to use to open links from the MFC program.

Her post right after that, in which she missed the 15 minute editing window to be able to fix it, says that she saw it was just about the links from MFC program...

I'm wondering if the fact that I've never touched that would account for why I've never been able to open links from the mfc program before, or if that's something new they added, since I haven't been on MFC since... November?

Luluve, I always have flash installed in both. I do it this way:
step 1: install mozilla firefox browser
step 2: install flash through internet explorer
step 3: during the IE flash install, it asks if I would like to install it for firefox as well. I do so.

If I forget to install firefox before installing ie's flash, then I just do the firefox flash after installing firefox.

AmbrosiaCer said:
Luluve said:

Attachments

• why-you-so-mad-tho.jpg
    why-you-so-mad-tho.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 223
I haven't had a chance to log into MFC since two days ago (day job/friends) but I'll be sure to let everyone know if the problem has resolved itself once I go online. Like someone said before, I'm hoping it's an MFC glitch as I can't seem to find anything wrong on my end. Now it's just a matter of explaining it to the boys who think I'm somehow purposely freezing my cam when they take me private, like I like losing money or something :roll:

personally if i use mfc as a premium i always use firefox.. mostly because i cant open photo's on profiles with ie at all..
also because it just runs better for me...

was always used to camsites not supporting firefox so very glad mfc does..
the software to me seems to be a program.. and all you open true it.. is in a browser...

just see what you like.. i never liked chrome.. used it a couple of times but then removed it again.. not very userfriendly..
the cam problem could just be a pc problem as well..
make sure you defrag your pc every few weeks, and clean your browser.. you can even download ccleaner for it.. does it more thoroughly

update your camsoftware often as well..
i dont know but maybe camsoftware programs like manycam can screw the video up also...

hope this helps some..

Aaaah, tried private again today thinking it would work... it didn't, as soon as I entered private my bandwidth dropped drastically all the way down to 45 stayed there till I went back to public chat after which it went back to normal ~700. Does anyone know what could be causing this. I think I'm gonna cry, on top of money lost I also have angry clients thinking I'm doing this on purpose :(

Status
Not open for further replies.