AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Little Home Improvement

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2011
Westeros
tinyurl.com
I thought I'd start a thread for those who are handy around the house!

I am not. At all.

So anyone handy with tools, organization, building things, interior design, etc. I would love your 2 cents on what may become my personal thread to ask all the questions.

I'll post pics of the little areas I'm trying to work on. I managed to mostly do one bathroom, but I suck at putting things on the wall or getting the appropriate tools. I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGES! Alls of them D:

Hurry up and post your tips, I need some ideas to steal... :-D

I you are looking for decorating ideas, give HGTV (or their website) a look. For fixing/building things, DIYNetwork looks good (not offered where I live, but the website is pretty good.)

Lowes and Home Depot both have project instructions and videos on their websites, if you can't make it to the store's classes. There are also a couple of DIY type shows on PBS that I catch every now and then.

Happy to toss my :twocents-02cents: into the ring here.. been in the home building industry my entire life and specialized in custom furniture and cabinetry.

Reactions: camstory
30yrs as a house painter so I know a little bit about of things and a lot about painting.
Anything regards painting ask away. Just a couple of things to start you off,
1) Buy good brushes. There are basically 2 types, 1 for oil based paints and 1 for water bases. These can usually be distinguished by the length of the handle,
Generally 75mm (3in.) is a good size. Don't be scared of the size as that size hold a good amount of paint so that you're not "dipping" all the time and you will find it easier to "cut-in" with these brushes.
For the really tight spots use a lining fitch.
2) The paint roller. Again don't skimp. Get a good quality pure lambskin roller, 270mm x 22mm nap (length of the wool).
The synthetic sleeve "spit" a lot and in the end are very messy. a wool one holds onto the paint and is much less messy, especially when painting ceilings.
Last but not least, for now,
3) Plastic drop sheets, while cheap and very handy for covering benches, furnitureetc never use one on the floor. They are slippery when wet and can be very dangerous. If you need cheap cloth drop sheets for the floor, may I suggest you go to the 2nd hand/donations shop and ask for old bed sheets there.
Hope that helps and I will keep an eye out here if you need to know anything else.

Attachments

• Oil brush.JPG
    Oil brush.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 160
  • water brush.JPG
    water brush.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 160
Fresh and unique styles are added new life into your home.An awesome furniture with little paintings reflects good contract over the visitors and relatives coming in home.I will be next time post my home pic here.This will be helpful for you take nice ideas.

Oh man...I completely forgot about this thread. I went to the Home Depot website and got lost on there, going through all the loops and hoops and watching hundreds of videos.

Well...I put the curtain up at long last. I think my problem is that unless I can hammer it to the wall with a nail, I'm SOL until I get some classes. I'm that bad. I'm getting a tool kit for christmas, so at least I'll have a leveler. I've put up a 2 shelves (kinda...), a mirror in my bathroom, and the mentioned curtain. Egh...just need to get used to finding the 'studs'. I just get annoyed because where the studs are is NOT where I want to hang my shit. *sob*

Miss_Lollipop said:
Whenever we go to the HomeDepo we end up buying shit that is for kinky sexy time play ...instead of actual home improvements...

There's a reason its affectionately known as the 'domdepo'

:p

Oh noes.. Guess I am not the only one eh? :eek: ... I personally enjoy the nice rubber hose flogger, leaves wonderful welts.

Anyone have any clues on how to paint wood paneling. Thats all thats in this stupid house and i hate it, but replacing with drywall is just to expensive to do. So im thinking painting is the best bet, but how would that look even?

Reactions: LuckyShamrok
Teagan_Chase said:
Anyone have any clues on how to paint wood paneling. Thats all thats in this stupid house and i hate it, but replacing with drywall is just to expensive to do. So im thinking painting is the best bet, but how would that look even?
Depends on the surface of the paneling, if it is an actual wood paneling it should hold the paint without any problems, there is a vinyl covered paneling also, that doesn't hold paint worth a damn. if you do decide to try and paint the wood paneling, take some sandpaper and lightly scuff the surface of the paneling.

Reactions: Teagan
GreatDane said:
Teagan_Chase said:
Depends on the surface of the paneling, if it is an actual wood paneling it should hold the paint without any problems, there is a vinyl covered paneling also, that doesn't hold paint worth a damn. if you do decide to try and paint the wood paneling, take some sandpaper and lightly scuff the surface of the paneling.

Its not the vinyl ones they have, its just plain wood. But the sanding is a great idea! Thank you!!

Teagan_Chase said:
I need to do this too...especially in my bedroom/camming room. It is the joke of my MFC room..."the 70's called and they want their den back!" HAHA I am going to work on one of my needy subby boys to do it though...I thought it was a pain in the ass doing my dining room, kitchen, and the kiddos' rooms. My recommendation...don't forget a good primer! This is especially true if it has those aweful dark groves in it like mine does...

CuckyPrincess said:
Teagan_Chase said:
I need to do this too...especially in my bedroom/camming room. It is the joke of my MFC room..."the 70's called and they want their den back!" HAHA I am going to work on one of my needy subby boys to do it though...I thought it was a pain in the ass doing my dining room, kitchen, and the kiddos' rooms. My recommendation...don't forget a good primer! This is especially true if it has those aweful dark groves in it like mine does...

Yes it has those! Stupid grooves. I definitely used to get the "wtf, is that fucking paneling behind you?" comments. Its so damn ugly and nothing goes with it ever lol. Its through the whole house here too. I thought about maybe buying the newer paneling they have that looks like drywall actually. That may be a lil more expensive, but cheaper than actual drywall, and way less time than sanding, prime, painting would be i guess.

Teagan_Chase said:
CuckyPrincess said:
Teagan_Chase said:

Yes it has those! Stupid grooves. I definitely used to get the "wtf, is that fucking paneling behind you?" comments. Its so damn ugly and nothing goes with it ever lol. Its through the whole house here too. I thought about maybe buying the newer paneling they have that looks like drywall actually. That may be a lil more expensive, but cheaper than actual drywall, and way less time than sanding, prime, painting would be i guess.
They make a white paneling that is meant for bathrooms, it works great for dry erase boards if you like getting artistic on the walls with markers. save you some headaches of trying to find a board to write on and you always have a place to keep notes ;) I also made the door in my kitchen into a chalkboard makes for a good place to start a shopping list when the kids eat everything in the fridge

I will have to post some pics of what the company I work for builds, so you don't think I spend too much time around all of this paneling for the fun of it.

Reactions: Teagan
GreatDane said:
Teagan_Chase said:
CuckyPrincess said:
Teagan_Chase said:

They make a white paneling that is meant for bathrooms, it works great for dry erase boards if you like getting artistic on the walls with markers. save you some headaches of trying to find a board to write on and you always have a place to keep notes ;) I also made the door in my kitchen into a chalkboard makes for a good place to start a shopping list when the kids eat everything in the fridge

I will have to post some pics of what the company I work for builds, so you don't think I spend too much time around all of this paneling for the fun of it.

That sounds perfect! I just think replacing the wood paneling with the nicer new paneling is the best idea. It looks great, isnt to expensive, and isnt as fragile as drywall is for dents and things.

Status
Not open for further replies.