AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My personal custom videos are too short, should I complain?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying her the clothes and toys that you want to see doesn't count as compensation. Not even if she wears or uses them during other shows or in other clips. A) she can't pay her bills with those, B) it's unlikely to create a larger audience for her, even if she gets compliments (anyone who hangs around long enough to notice the outfit was new was someone who was going to be hanging out regardless). Those things are for your benefit, not hers.

Anyway, inflation is a bitch. I see people in this thread saying that $10/minute is industry standard... well... $10/minute has been industry standard for well over a damn decade! If you paid $200 for an outfit (for yourself), and $100 additional for a 10 minute video, you effectively paid $10 per minute. That's nothing to complain about, but it took you an entire thread to get there, so I'm unsure about the full story. Whatever. If she charges the same rate for private, then you got a deal! Because you got to use your pre-planned script, better lighting, editing, the works.

"The goal is to get her paid"... lol, so what is this thread for, then? Just send her money then?
I do send her money when she needs it. I have to disagree about the clothes and shoes. Guys ask for specific shoes and panties and stockings and pants every day. It is rare that someone asks for something that she does not have. I have seen the reaction to the shoes. It makes a difference. I know that the models that wear more elaborate shoes, bras, dresses, panties, etc. earn more money than the ones wearing nothing or cheap clothes & ugly shoes.

You all have answered my question. This is not a money issue, I just want the videos to be a little bit longer because I enjoy them. I need to explain to her that the videos are for me, I have to tell her what I want, she has to make other videos for her Social Media, and we need to agree on a price.

It's even cheap for a private show, which does not take the same effort as a custom video. ew.

As someone who only offered custom stuff (it was actually "semi-custom" since I put very defined parameters on what options were up to them: outfit, type(pussy play, cum), toys involved, music) at a VERY high premium I am always disgusted by people who haggle and act distraught at having to pay more for custom content. It's a privilege not a right. And you're lucky if your favorite model will offer you custom content in the first place.

That said, I'll echo this advice:

*edit to add: I didn't even offer them for sale outright, custom vids were prizes for mega month high tipper competitions, people normally spent thousands upon thousands of tokens to be in that pool)
That's pretty much my conclusion. She gets a lot of extra benefits from me. But I should not look at it compared to what she earns online, because that's not enough. What I pay is what she should be earning at the studio.

If I see she needs something, I send it. Even little things like pens, paper, tape, wipes, makeup, hair supplies, chairs, tables, bags, exercise clothes, it's a lot. I just found a great site for shoes with extreme heels and platforms. I don't want to turn this into a negotiation, it seems impersonal. But I would like to have videos that are slightly longer.

My big flaw here is the lack of communication.

If you want more for your money, ask for it. If she doesn't agree with your price, move on.

"This is not a money issue"

"We need to agree on a price"

:|

Yes, your big flaw is the lack of communication.

Also, you're cheap and jealous.

Actually, she gives me the unedited version and I give her a new improved edited version that she can use again. I had her do 1 repeat (out of about 150) because she did a squirt video in spandex that doesn't leak. I pay extra if I know it'll be more time. The private shows are pre-planned. I tell her when I'll be online and I send her everything she needs just like when she does a custom for me. So there's not much difference, except how much she earns.

It's usually WU, never PayPal.

I'm not unhappy with the 10 minute videos, they are very good. So you vote, be happy with the deal. Thank you!

WU really isn’t the best idea either, and she needs to be very careful with trusting cam site members with her real name (Info you have to give someone who sends you money via WU) and location. I’m sure your response to this will be “Well I’m a nice guy…I’m not a stalker…etc.” Cool, but I said what I said.

But the 10-minute videos DID irk you enough to make a thread about it. I agree…you two will just need to communicate about these things better from here on out. Good luck. :)

I just wanna mention some you made a note about videos being for you...

These sound like you expect exclusivity (her not to resell them) and i just wanna restate the $10 a min industry standard i mentioned is for resellable clips. Exclusivity costs a lot more typically.

I realize you feel you have a special relationship by spending frequently and helping supply props etc. And while that may be true, these are still outfits you choose not her...

But I'm glad you've decided to communicate directly and openly with her. That's for the best.

WU really isn’t the best idea either, and she needs to be very careful with trusting cam site members with her real name (Info you have to give someone who sends you money via WU) and location. I’m sure your response to this will be “Well I’m a nice guy…I’m not a stalker…etc.” Cool, but I said what I said.

But the 10-minute videos DID irk you enough to make a thread about it. I agree…you two will just need to communicate about these things better from here on out. Good luck. :)
You are right, guys can't be trusted. I've caught hackers and thieves on her page a few times. WU is generally not a good idea for either person.

I appreciate your feedback. I'll give her more guidance for the custom videos and I'll tell her I would like to do a private show occasionally. We have more fun with the private shows. Seriously, thanks for helping me think through the situation.

Buying her the clothes and toys that you want to see doesn't count as compensation. Not even if she wears or uses them during other shows or in other clips. A) she can't pay her bills with those, B) it's unlikely to create a larger audience for her, even if she gets compliments (anyone who hangs around long enough to notice the outfit was new was someone who was going to be hanging out regardless). Those things are for your benefit, not hers.

Anyway, inflation is a bitch. I see people in this thread saying that $10/minute is industry standard... well... $10/minute has been industry standard for well over a damn decade! If you paid $200 for an outfit (for yourself), and $100 additional for a 10 minute video, you effectively paid $10 per minute. That's nothing to complain about, but it took you an entire thread to get there, so I'm unsure about the full story. Whatever. If she charges the same rate for private, then you got a deal! Because you got to use your pre-planned script, better lighting, editing, the works.

"The goal is to get her paid"... lol, so what is this thread for, then? Just send her money then?
I thought I replied. Thanks for the feedback. I know the clothes make a difference. The models at the studio notice her clothes, not just the members. She wears something that I sent every day. Most days, I sent everything she is wearing. I like when people notice the clothes.

I wasn't clear on the initial comment. I like the private shows better because we talk during the private show. But she earns 70% less for a private versus a custom video. I think I did say, for anyone else, I would just do the private. But I want her to get the money.

I thought I replied. Thanks for the feedback. I know the clothes make a difference. The models at the studio notice her clothes, not just the members. She wears something that I sent every day. Most days, I sent everything she is wearing. I like when people notice the clothes.

I wasn't clear on the initial comment. I like the private shows better because we talk during the private show. But she earns 70% less for a private versus a custom video. I think I did say, for anyone else, I would just do the private. But I want her to get the money.

So send her more money during a private?

Kind of feel like I priced my last OF PPV too low based on this thread. Roughly $3 a minute, but it was a recording of a live show with no defined parameters at all. I just happened to like the way it came out and posted it.
The pricing is always up to you, however offering a PPV to upload on your page for everyone is much different then making a custom video for a single user & the pricing for such should be different than when creating individual customized content.

Private shows shouldn't be looked at the same was as custom videos. Private shows are like a customer going into a café and ordering a coffee. Customs are like you calling a Barista while they are at home telling them you want a coffee, they have to get ready and open up shop before they can even begin making you your coffee. Also unlike private show, even if the videos aren't edited at all there is still time spent simply uploading the video to share it.

Why I don't understand is why you haven't just simply communicated with the model..
nice analog!

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
So send her more money during a private?
That goes back to the original issue. She only gets 25% of the money after all the splits. I asked her to tell me how much she wants for longer custom videos. In the private shows, she will cum 3 or 4 times if I stay 45 minutes. In the custom videos, she will cum 1 time and stop (10 - 12 minutes). But it's a really good 12 minutes. To be honest, the shows are nice but I also enjoy the conversations. The videos could stop and I would still talk to her the same as I do now.

The pricing is always up to you, however offering a PPV to upload on your page for everyone is much different then making a custom video for a single user & the pricing for such should be different than when creating individual customized content.
good point. I usually edit the PPV videos for her but I see what you are saying. I have a great audio editing program that allows me to remove specific words (like names). It creates a transcript.

I was offered a 5min "custom" video (nothing unusual, just a normal close-up masturbation with my name on thigh) for $350. i turned it down.

Have you considered the simple reason why she may be making them shorter and shorter - not only life can be difficult to squeeze these in, but the fact she has done a lot for you over the years (despite being paid or not, 4 per month for 3 years is a lot of custom videos, especially for 1 person and each being 20 - 30 mins). It might simply be a lack of inspiration and motivation and she's only doing it "because" and not from the thrill or excitement etc. So, you could do as suggested already and talk to her (don't be a dick, obviously). Heck, maybe even give her a break for a month or 2, and just go tip her on the site - 150 videos is enough for now, I am sure you can go a month or 2 without more. Maybe she is burned out from doing so many (you may not even be the only guy she is doing them for, but even if you are, it's a lot for 3 years).

Reactions: AudriTwo
I pay a model $80-$100 for custom videos. Instead of doing private shows on CB, I pay her upfront and she makes a video for me when she has time. I give her extra if I ask for anal or something that requires extra props and cleanup. I pay her directly so she gets all the money without splitting with the Studio or CB.

Here's the problem, $80 pays for a 20-minute private show on her page. My custom videos are shorter than that.

She has been making videos for me for 2 years, 3 or 4 videos per month. In the beginning, the videos would be 20-30 minutes. Now she is making the videos 10-12 minutes. If I start doing private shows, I will spend $80-$100 for 20-30 minutes but she only gets 25% after all the splits. The site makes a recording that's not as good quality as her custom videos.

The 10-12 minute videos are good but I would like her to make them 15-20 minutes. When she makes a 20-minute video, it's sweaty and she gets aggressive with the toys after 15 minutes. Should I...
1. Ask her to make the videos longer
2. Give her specific instructions that will make the video longer (for example I know if I ask her to wear clothes and strip, that'll take her 5-7 minutes)
3. Be happy with my arrangement and don't complain
4. Give her $80 for up to 12 minutes and $100 for 15 minutes or more

The real issue is I know she gets very horny after 15 minutes and the video becomes super hot. What should I do?
Problem solved. We decided to make the custom video during the private show. The videos had gotten short because she was having trouble getting away to make them. Now we are back to 30 - 45 minutes. She makes the recording during the private session and I buy the recording. She uploads the video to a shared Cloud folder. It's fun to watch her make the video. She records with her phone so the video I get is not what I saw during the private show. She's not trying to stay in the webcam frame, sometimes I can't see what she is doing. Thanks for your suggestions. The message I got was "Be fair". That seems reasonable.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.