AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyDirtyHobby - Official Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a company we understand there is no such thing as negative feedback therefor thank you all for interacting and letting us know what you feel.

We do try to adapt to the international market and it's the community that will show us the road to get there.

Because of the size of the company, change will be more come at a slower pace but it will surely come.

And the percentages we are offering now are not like this due to ill-will or miss consideration for your hard work, there is a whole analysis behind them based on cost of member acquisition and profitability.

I would now like to address some of the issues expressed so I can make you rest assured.

There’s no other aspect to percentages on our end but to cover running costs. There are a lot more factors then one might think – it’s not simple as 25-35% for models and the rest for the product.
Pricing is completely up to models themselves and from other member feedback in general it’s deemed fair.

This is a rather subjective view. Take Youtube for example – 1 or 2 videos per week is a given standard, not to loss of quality. It just keeps uploaders relevant or rather gives fans content regularly.
We encourage amateurs to run with this best practice as it helps them make others aware of their content. From feedback and experience there is not quality content ensured nonetheless.

We do encourage members to point out “fake profiles” – there are however very few as every model has to upload verification documents which are proven by our team one by one. Once the documents are manually approved models can start uploading content. Even for any other person that appears in the pictures, videos, livestream along side her, the model is required to upload verification documents. This is what is commonly referred as being "2257 compliant".

Please simply give feedback to us so we can shed light on any issues or take care of them.

What you are referring to is a paywall – a very common tool which you can see in the gaming industry for example. From our tests it did not hurt members joining our community so there shouldn’t be issues here. If its not to your personal taste however it becomes a subjective matter again :/

As for security in terms of authenticity let me say again with more detail:

We here at MyDirtyHobby, not only that we take security very seriously but we have an entire Compliance Department running 24/7 that screens and vets manually every piece of content that goes online.

Every model uploads her verification documents, this also includes a Shot-ID (a picture where the amateur holds her ID in one hand and a piece of paper in the other hand that writes "MyDirtyHobby + Selected Username + Current Date), once the documents are manually approved the amateur can start uploading her content. For any other person that appears in the pictures, videos, livestream along side her, the model is required to upload verification documents.

The account holder needs to be present in all uploaded videos or pictures, we do not allow video content to go online that does not depict the verified account holder.

We can’t prosecute any illegal uploaders outside of our community as we don’t own the rights to the models’ content. However, if we’re asked, we can give advice.
Meh you have only addressed one persons issues who is not a cam model and therefore not supposedly who you are pitching to in the first place. The issues raised by the models you are not addressing. The only reason I can think of for this is that you can't. You are unable to answer any questions or issues that we have due to you being well aware that what you are offering is nowhere near as much as other higher traffic sites. And you still have shown us no proof of what you are claiming. Your words mean jack shit unless you can back them up.

You're trying to convince us that by bringing in members, we also make money, and that's why we should be ok with the really low rate on our video sales. You do understand that we are more likely to make the most money selling videos than bringing in members?

And even if we brought in just as many members as we sold videos (which is highly unlikely) we would then be making the 50% offered by other sites. So how is what you're proposing somehow better? (hint: it's not)

Hey CutieHasBooty,

I get your point of view, but to be honest – there are some pretty good reasons!

On top of the standard payout you can easily access additional lifetime percentages:
+25% revenue share for members you bring in – LIFETIME. Meaning you earn every time they purchase content, ever!
+10% for every amateur you recruit – LIFETIME. Meaning you earn on every content they sell, ever!

Also let me clear up why we’re going with a small seeming percentage – it’s really easy, but makes total sense:
25% of A LOT is MORE
than
40% of way LESS ;)

Please let me put this into more perspective, besides the following benefits: With only a 25% at MyDirtyHobby instead of higher percentages elsewhere - amateurs that managed to build their audience earn between 15k and 20k on a monthly basis!

So, our platform does not only has tons of traffic, it’s actually the world’s biggest amateur community for a reason:
- You get paid for every member interaction
- Members are very dedicated, we have sensational member life spans
- All amateurs receive 50% rev-share from the Tips they receive
- You have outstanding opportunities to promote yourself within the community and become recognized – not just relying on lick or some algorithms (All content is treated equally and everyone has a fair shot)
- While we’re global - you can sell your content to a mostly European based community (primarily from Germany and Austria) with a very high member value.
- Again: These are high value members which you can't really find anywhere else.
- (See above) You have tools available to market yourself and not just rely on luck or placement algorithms, all content is treated equally and gets the same fair shot.

Also: We cater to all types of amateurs. If you only want to build a passive revenue from your video content, if you only want to chat via text with users and earn money (works on mobile too: iOS, Android and Windows), if you only want to sell your pictures or if you only want to do live webcamming we offer some of the easiest tools available out there and an unique market.

Obviously our model is different and can look off-putting at first – I totally get it – but please understand we genuinely feel with the aforementioned advantages and benefits – MyDirtyHobby has something in store for nearly all amateurs out there!

- WOW A LIFETIME PERCENTAGE!!!!! THAT IS SO FUCKING COOL I ALSO GET A LIFETIME PERCENTAGE ON MYFREECAMS WOWZA. What's your point here? I get double the percent on myfree and and I also get that percentage every time I sell content "you make money every time you sell something WOW WE ARE SO AWESOME" uuuummmmm I better fucking make money everyone I sell something that doesn't make your site special.

Let me clear some things up

25% of a lot less is REALLY a lot less
50% of much more Is REALLY a lot more (FTFY)

Now let me put this into more perspective! With 50% at Myfreecams, chaturbate, or stream mate you have much higher traffic allowing you to build up your audience MUCH easier! There are even girls who earn double, triple, maybe even quadruple the amount girls on mydirtyhobby earn! Some girls even earn six figures a month!

So your platform not only has far less traffic! It also lacks the professional community many girls seek in their CAREERS

-we get paid for member interactions! And members are far more likely to visit us because he doesn't have to risk money if he decides a model isn't his taste
-members are very loyal and member lifetime is pretty long (I have a member who's been tipping girls sense 2010) unlike mydirtyhobby Myfreecams has been around awhile, and they can actually tell their members have been around for years! Unlike mydirtyhobby who hasn't been around long enough to predict member longevity and is just pulling lies out of their ass
-on other sites girls will recive 50% all the time no matter what!
-with a higher traffic on other camsites you are able to promote yourself to more viewers. Every girl starts in the same spot and will get the same opportunity to work their way up!
-other camsites are global! And have viewers from all over the world (not a European majority!) this is good for me as an English speaking person as I'm not forced to market myself to people who may or may not understand my language!
-there are high value members on other camsites! Some tip thousands of dollars at a time! Even if mydirtyhobby had high value members (I am doubtful) that does not make them special! Many camsites are filled with high value members!
-on all camsites you have marketing opportunities! Woohoo

Other camsites can cater to PROFESSIONALS who want to build a CAREER you can make videos chat with members sell pictures and stream your webcam

This may be hard for you to understand at first I TOOOOOTALLY get it but please understand you are greedy and don't give two fucks about models! Other sites have a much higher earning potential

Also biggest community LMAO your unknown ass has the audacity to call your lame ass site the biggest community nobody's fucking heard of you GYFO with that bullshit us PROFESSIOANLS aren't stupid and we aren't buying into your bullshit

Now let me put this into more perspective! With 50% at Myfreecams, chaturbate, or stream mate you have much higher traffic allowing you to build up your audience MUCH easier! There are even girls who earn double, triple, maybe even quadruple the amount girls on mydirtyhobby earn!
I cannot agree more. I'm getting back to camming after ~2 years break. I didn't have large following but I was able to do it for a living because I found out about other, bigger sites than MDH. As I wrote in my previous post - I only made payout once in 4 (!) years on MDH from selling videos/photos. Tried camming there but it was waste of time and effort.

I've seen some successful girls moving on to other sites. You have to work you ass off to get +75% of your income taken from you (don't forget payout fees and income taxes).

It might be "the biggest community" in Germany, as lots of guys treat this site as a social website where you can meet girls for obvious purposes... I'm getting "dating" messages all the time...

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Little update: I decided to try camming there one more time when it was slow on my main site.

I'm pretty suprised by results because it picked up for me extremely well. So I will keep my profile there and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.