AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Profile Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

I just saw a question about "How to center a profile" -- but I'm not allowed to reply.
To center the entire profile on MFC, CSS coding skills must be put on use.
Go to Customize > edit css directly and scroll down until the body tag shows up.
Add the following line to body tag margin: 0 auto;
it will look something similar with this CSS code
Code:
body {
margin: 0 auto;
background-color: #ffffff;
}
If you need to move the entire profile down, the simplest method is to add padding-top:100px; which will move the profile away from top with 100px. Need more space for a custom image used as background header? change the 100px value with 500px or whatever you want.
To center the profile page and make it more narrow use the following markup (i.e)
Code:
body {
padding-top: 200px;
width: 990px;
background-color: #f1f1f1;
}
The profile will be rendered (displayed) with 990px width away from the top margin with 200px and a #f1f1f1 background color (the #f1f1f1 its a color between white and grey) - All values can be changed easily by editing the CSS markup. Its easy.
Have fun & b creative.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dafnie
Upvote 0
Well I am learning and remembering how to do some of this stuff. I use to build my own backgrounds on myspace. LOL. I will get this how I want it soon. I need a cool concept like Poker Babe. Her profile is very cool!

Upvote 0
I need help. My model account was approved but it wont let me post my avi. I have cleared my cookies and restarted my computer.it keeps saying error: internal server error. Is it because i have not submitted my ID yet?

Upvote 0
I need help. My model account was approved but it wont let me post my avi. I have cleared my cookies and restarted my computer.it keeps saying error: internal server error. Is it because i have not submitted my ID yet?
If you are talking about uploading video file on MyFreeCams, I strongly suggest getting familiar with MFC platform first. MFC doesn't support video uploads from what I know.

Upvote 0
My favorite part is the design. I can offer images if that's not your fuerte with your profile info/content4sale/club/etc. at pretty decent rates of $XX if you upload and post them to your profile yourself. I also do entire profiles with code. For example: http://profiles.myfreecams.com/PlayboyMegan :love2:

Are you still offering profile templates?

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share the Adobe Shape CC app with you guys! I find it very helpful in creating graphics, logos, buttons, etc. for those of us without a steady hand and/or artistic ability. Basically you can draw a basic shape and take a picture, the app will allow you to crop out what you don't want, then smooth the lines and curves. You can layer those shapes to create cool logos or graphics. I've used it so far as a way to covert tiny doodles and art I've drawn on printer paper into cute buttoms for links to Twitter, wishlists, etc.

Reactions: Dan N
Upvote 0
When I joined MFC the only HTML knowledge that I had was the left over stuff in my brain from my myspace days! I've been learning using the Khan Academy lessons and it's been a life saver. 10/10 would recommend to anyone who wants to learn and needs to start super basic :)

Upvote 0
im having a play with my profile before i broadcast, can anyone tell me how i move the twitter and amazon wishlist links? I think its in the customize profile bit....

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MiaFoxUK

Upvote 0
Sorry to double post! I found the answer myself, its always the way isnt it, after you ask for help! But because im new I couldnt come back and edit or delete the post, so please just ignore my ramblings. nothing to see here. *whistles

Upvote 0
I have a job and junk so this MUST HAVE EXCEPTIONAL PROFILE thing drives me nuts... ON the other hand, I want a ready reference to my 'knight/nobles" programs and some tip suggestions. Sooo... I'm just looking for someone to do maybe an hour of work for me making two tables because the bottom of my profile is two blobs NO ONE is going to slog thru... MFC, why oh why do you give a girl a bunch of nails and then make us go find the hammer?? :hungover:

Upvote 0
I have a job and junk so this MUST HAVE EXCEPTIONAL PROFILE thing drives me nuts... ON the other hand, I want a ready reference to my 'knight/nobles" programs and some tip suggestions. Sooo... I'm just looking for someone to do maybe an hour of work for me making two tables because the bottom of my profile is two blobs NO ONE is going to slog thru... MFC, why oh why do you give a girl a bunch of nails and then make us go find the hammer?? :hungover:
Just put a couple graphics in your "about me" box and call it a day.

Aside from my space heroes thingy, that's all I do and I get by just fine.

Upvote 0
Just put a couple graphics in your "about me" box and call it a day.

Aside from my space heroes thingy, that's all I do and I get by just fine.

My roommate just told me.

...Yeah, I'm supposed to be campaigning with the "I'm getting my PhD, look @ these hot glasses guys" idea. I don't knowwwww if it will work.

Upvote 0
new issue!

ive just added some pics to my recent pictures album, im happy for these to show up along the bottom, but having them on the left aswell knocks my already uncentred profile even more to the right :/ I cant figure out how to remove this without deleting the album!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MiaFoxUK

Upvote 0
i am completely computer illiterate but i did finally find the customize profile on mfc so for me that an accomplishment lol i have no clue what codes you guysare talking about. im just starting out and i have a lot of ppl ask about gift cards and amazon wish list and ive seen it on other models pages for the link things but i have no clue how to do it or even start. i feel like a 90 year old woman right now trying to figure al this out lol

Upvote 0
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

hey i have been trying to crack html code using that website and just cant get it down. i dont know how to put my pictures on to where they are seen on my profile such as background, picture album clips with links to token payments or video clips to pay for ect. i have been trying so hard to get this to work but i am extremely lost!! i know placement is everything but i cant place things i dont even know how to convert or add links to pictures and clips in order to take them elsewhere. no tip menu or anything! please help!!

Upvote 0
I hope its ok to post what is essentially an advert in this thread.

Basically I just wanted any models reading this to be aware that myself and Moros1138 have developed a tool for MFC profiles which allows you to skip learning or messing with HTML and CSS and create a customized personalized profile for yourself. We are adding new features with every update and so far the reception has been amazing!

http://www.camgirltoolkit.com - You can register free and try the 7 day demo version to see how it all works.
The profile building tool generates the code when you're done - and it's as simple as copy-paste. You paste one part into your "about me" section and one part into your "css" section and you're done.

Subscriptions run $20 a month, $180 a year.. members can absolutely purchase this product for you and let us know to send it to your account.

As far as I'm aware there's no other service like this around - there are plenty of templates - but you need to be able to cut/paste the pieces of code in yourself. I hope you ladies find us useful :)

@CamgirlToolkit on twitter btw :)

(oh and we're having a cybermonday sale today - 2 for 1 on 30 day subscriptions)

Upvote 0
I just used Cam Girl Toolkit that @Miss_Lollipop suggested and I LOVE IT. So easy. My members really love the video feature. Omg...I can't get over how easy it was.

The only thing that's missing is a way to advertise clubs and benefits...you can insert small photos into sections but now large ones so I cant really enter the club stuff myself...but I can live without it for now. Its still a work in progress.

In a day and a half I had 4 things bought from my wishlist (even though it was listed before) and so many more twitter followers because I feel like my layout is so simple.

It was worth every penny!

Upvote 0
I just used Cam Girl Toolkit that @Miss_Lollipop suggested and I LOVE IT. So easy. My members really love the video feature. Omg...I can't get over how easy it was.

The only thing that's missing is a way to advertise clubs and benefits...you can insert small photos into sections but now large ones so I cant really enter the club stuff myself...but I can live without it for now. Its still a work in progress.

In a day and a half I had 4 things bought from my wishlist (even though it was listed before) and so many more twitter followers because I feel like my layout is so simple.

It was worth every penny!

Hey crazycatlady - Thank you so much for the feedback!

We are working on a feature that includes preset membership clubs and benefits, but you can absolutely insert large photos into the basic sections??? I do so all the time - if you take a look at my profile (the house of sin graphic is a large one that fills the body) I also use the table function to create a list of members that are currently in my puppy pound. The basic section editor is super versatile and can be used to create just about anything if you play around with it.

Send us a message at camgirltoolkit twitter or a support ticket and I'll be happy to figure this out with you..

Oh and feature suggestions! If anyone (including you) has any please let us know - you could win a free month of the profile builder if we use them! Here's the info on that: http://www.camgirltoolkit.com/backscratchers-campaign/

We are trying to build this tool around your needs, so if there's something you need - let us know and we will try to make it happen.

Upvote 0
hello :) i want to lst my videos almost like its c4s, i want a decent sized gif thumbnail on the left and then a paragraph of text on the right describing the video and with the token cost..... can someone give me some sample code for this please? Is it possible to just put this into the Step Four section or do i need to rework my whole profile?
x

Upvote 0
Hey crazycatlady - Thank you so much for the feedback!

We are working on a feature that includes preset membership clubs and benefits, but you can absolutely insert large photos into the basic sections??? I do so all the time - if you take a look at my profile (the house of sin graphic is a large one that fills the body) I also use the table function to create a list of members that are currently in my puppy pound. The basic section editor is super versatile and can be used to create just about anything if you play around with it.

Send us a message at camgirltoolkit twitter or a support ticket and I'll be happy to figure this out with you..

Oh and feature suggestions! If anyone (including you) has any please let us know - you could win a free month of the profile builder if we use them! Here's the info on that: http://www.camgirltoolkit.com/backscratchers-campaign/

We are trying to build this tool around your needs, so if there's something you need - let us know and we will try to make it happen.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MsMaryKate

Here is my profile. You can see the "join my club" and "top supporters". That's the largest I could get the photos. Again...still LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Can't wait until you roll out the group feature!

Upvote 0
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MsMaryKate

Here is my profile. You can see the "join my club" and "top supporters". That's the largest I could get the photos. Again...still LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Can't wait until you roll out the group feature!

Yeah there's something not right there. I'll go take a look now and find out whats up. I'll message you :)

Just for anyone else reading - this was to do with the settings she set for the size of the image when she uploaded it. You absolutely can insert large graphics in the profile builder. The width of the profile wrapper (the body part in the middle) I think is around 900px, but it can resize them for you if you have a larger image (though you should keep them as small as possible to decrease load times)

Upvote 0
I just saw a question about "How to center a profile" -- but I'm not allowed to reply.
To center the entire profile on MFC, CSS coding skills must be put on use.
Go to Customize > edit css directly and scroll down until the body tag shows up.
Add the following line to body tag margin: 0 auto;
it will look something similar with this CSS code
Code:
body {
background-color: #ffffff;
}
If you need to move the entire profile down, the simplest method is to add padding-top:100px; which will move the profile away from top with 100px. Need more space for a custom image used as background header? change the 100px value with 500px or whatever you want.
To center the profile page and make it more narrow use the following markup (i.e)
Code:
body {
padding-top: 200px;
width: 990px;
background-color: #f1f1f1;
}
The profile will be rendered (displayed) with 990px width away from the top margin with 200px and a #f1f1f1 background color (the #f1f1f1 its a color between white and grey) - All values can be changed easily by editing the CSS markup. Its easy.
Have fun & b creative.

alternatively you can do it to the #profile element

this leaves the body tag open for setting things like background colors/images

which in turn leaves the #fixed_background element free for setting a logo in a fixed location as well..

Upvote 0