AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Profile Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

Upvote 0
I update my blog pretty regularly

If anyone would like to be added as an author on my blog, please let me know.

Upvote 0
My favorite part is the design. I can offer images if that's not your fuerte with your profile info/content4sale/club/etc. at pretty decent rates of $XX if you upload and post them to your profile yourself. I also do entire profiles with code. For example: http://profiles.myfreecams.com/PlayboyMegan :love2:

Upvote 0
That's awesome, I've always wondered who did Megan's profile! You did a great job on it!

Oh and btw... Limited time offer, this profile is available for $20 amazon gift or gift card trade. I'll specially customize it for you as well.

Upvote 0
I figured I'd make a tutorial on how to make graphics for profiles. This is obviously just for beginners needing help. If you already make graphics yourself, just skip this. I know JoleneBrody has already made one, with photoshop I believe, this one uses Inkscape. I've always liked Adobe Illustrator for graphic design layouts. Inkscape does pretty much the same thing only it's free and open source software. If you're trying to edit a picture itself this is not the software to use. Photoshop or Gimp are better choices for that. This is a general layout tool to combine pictures, text and design elements all into one graphic.

I tried to do just a general graphic and show all the main options used to create it so most pictures on a profile can be made with just these techniques. The whole video is around 20 minutes and you'll want to full screen it to see all the text decently and change the quality up to 720. The lower resolutions make the text appear blurry. Also I just made up the words as I went along without a script. Don't judge me. :lol:

Upvote 0
Here is a very helpful thread written by LadyLuna in her previous attempt to consolidate all the profile help threads and questions.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9406

LadyLuna said:
There are 5 million profile help threads (okay, not quite that many. seven pages of search results when searching for "profile" in the thread topic only, grouped by thread topics)

I went through these and looked for the threads with at least 20 posts. I'm putting them all here. Most of them are in Model's Only. If you are a model, but can't get into model's only, check out this thread

(please note: I do not verify that the code in these is still working... I know sometimes MFC changes that. Use text documents to save your current code, and another to save your working code, then try it and see!)

Anyone Can Read:

I want to customize my MFC profile

Profile help . Please... :)

Models Only:

generating html or css to use on MFC profile

MFC Profile Help

Profile Editing Woes

Need help with my profile!!

Making a pretty profile

Remember- many of these are old, so before you resurrect the dead thread, make sure you have something legitimate to contribute, and that your question wasn't already answered in one of the above threads.

Upvote 0
WaterBird said:
i think instead of making new posts and topics the best way would be on main page do a 'FORUM' Called MyFreeCams, Chaturbate, etc Profile graphic Help! Btw Admin can You delete the code i have posted because i will link to pastebin instead of puting so long lines on forum thx :)
I plan to create a more organized sub forum some time in the future, for now this will have to do.

Yes I will gladly delete the previous code post, it created quite a mess! Hah.

Upvote 0
Ok ftom day now on i am only helping people that use my template by using program called teamviewer "TeamViewer QuickSupport"

Its a small program that help connect to someone and see his desktop. The program works only when its running everytime You run the program the ID and password change. So nobody will be able to connect to You again.

P.S.
Please dont send me login and password to Your MFC or Chaturbate accounts !

Reactions: LadyLuna
Upvote 0
WaterBird said:
Ok ftom day now on i am only helping people that use my template by using program called teamviewer "TeamViewer QuickSupport"

Its a small program that help connect to someone and see his desktop. The program works only when its running everytime You run the program the ID and password change. So nobody will be able to connect to You again.

P.S.
Please dont send me login and password to Your MFC or Chaturbate accounts !
As nice and helpful as you may seem, I could never recommend a model letting someone log on to their computer via TeamViewer. :(

Upvote 0
WaterBird said:
Logged today to 3x models and was helping set up template dont see nothing dengerous here. You have full controll of this program it's 100% secure. Using it 4y now helping clients and models.
I know exactly what TeamViewer is. You log on to the model's computer via the program. This isn't something models should just jump into without knowing the person who is logging on at the other end.

I realize that the person you're connecting to can watch what you're doing, but it's still a risky thing for a model whom is very protective of her private information.

Upvote 0
AmberCutie said:
WaterBird said:
Logged today to 3x models and was helping set up template dont see nothing dengerous here. You have full controll of this program it's 100% secure. Using it 4y now helping clients and models.
I know exactly what TeamViewer is. You log on to the model's computer via the program. This isn't something models should just jump into without knowing the person who is logging on at the other end.

I realize that the person you're connecting to can watch what you're doing, but it's still a risky thing for a model whom is very protective of her private information.
I've used this program and chrome remote desktop with a few model now. I usually end up telling them before hand to move anything off their desktop they don't want me seeing. And [now] make sure their wireless network name isn't their actual name... may have had one model have that. Just hovering over the wifi signal bar pops it up with the network name. So yeah, I usually don't even offer that unless it's with someone I've known for a long time and there's some trust there already.

Upvote 0
WaterBird said:
Exactly i inform the people i help to hide things they don't want to show. Btw i still think this is the best, fast and secure way atm. And yes i only use teamviewer in a specific situations when model pasting 10th time in a row a css code changes and broking the template 10th time in a row :)

Could you do that via Google Doc? You could edit the code together and you can both see your changes, but without accessing her computer. That's how I do a lot of school projects as you can see the changes in realtime, so it might work to show her how the code works to see you making the adjustments.
I'm not sure if that works but it might be a safer solution that's more comfortable for the model?

Upvote 0
For my profile graphics I used freely available .PSD graphics from tons of graphic design sites. I just changed the words, color and some of the images!

It looks professional and I only did half of the work.

On the subject of TeamViewer, members watch out too. I am not sure the exact situation, but a member I know had his entire hard drive deleted by a jealous model via teamviewer. He had access to her computer to help fix it, and as a consolation he gave her access to his computer as well. Something happened between them and she rebelled by deleting his hard drive.

Upvote 0
GenXoxo said:
WaterBird said:
Exactly i inform the people i help to hide things they don't want to show. Btw i still think this is the best, fast and secure way atm. And yes i only use teamviewer in a specific situations when model pasting 10th time in a row a css code changes and broking the template 10th time in a row :)

Could you do that via Google Doc? You could edit the code together and you can both see your changes, but without accessing her computer. That's how I do a lot of school projects as you can see the changes in realtime, so it might work to show her how the code works to see you making the adjustments.
I'm not sure if that works but it might be a safer solution that's more comfortable for the model?

As i said i only use teamviewer where there is no chance model know anything about css and html and all changes to her code by her fails braking the template. I can change the code looking by the browser using firebug i dont need to access any computer but when someone don't know how to copy and paste the code i need to use something else.

LacieLaPlante said:
For my profile graphics I used freely available .PSD graphics from tons of graphic design sites. I just changed the words, color and some of the images!

It looks professional and I only did half of the work.

On the subject of TeamViewer, members watch out too. I am not sure the exact situation, but a member I know had his entire hard drive deleted by a jealous model via teamviewer. He had access to her computer to help fix it, and as a consolation he gave her access to his computer as well. Something happened between them and she rebelled by deleting his hard drive.

When someone access hard drive files there is a popup window in host computer with warning and host can fast close the connection. If someone let access his computer and go eat dinner or something else that whats happens. Btw You can set up access all options: http://www.troublefixers.com/wp-content ... etails.png

Upvote 0
I don't even like when IT remote-accesses my PC at work, and there's absolutely zero risk there. I would NEVER let a stranger over the internet do it. I managed to do my profile myself, coming in without any CSS/HTML knowledge whatsoever. It takes a bit of studying the codes to figure out what you're doing, but it's never so difficult that you should let someone else access your computer.

Upvote 0
Profile heading container

This may sound like a stupid question, but why does my heading container only work at the very top of my profile and not anywhere else on it? I tried messing with the opacity and it will make the other containers that were previously not showing up visible again, but it just doesn't look good. When I look at my profile in the preview, the heading containers look great and like they are supposed to, but when I actually look at my profile, it doesn't look like that, and I just don't know what I am doing wrong of if it's just the way it's gonna be. If someone could take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong, that would be fantastic. As you will notice, you can only see the heading container at the top, but not anywhere else (about me, photos, recent pics, schedule, etc).

Upvote 0
Re: Profile heading container

KatieRhodes said:
This may sound like a stupid question, but why does my heading container only work at the very top of my profile and not anywhere else on it? I tried messing with the opacity and it will make the other containers that were previously not showing up visible again, but it just doesn't look good. When I look at my profile in the preview, the heading containers look great and like they are supposed to, but when I actually look at my profile, it doesn't look like that, and I just don't know what I am doing wrong of if it's just the way it's gonna be. If someone could take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong, that would be fantastic. As you will notice, you can only see the heading container at the top, but not anywhere else (about me, photos, recent pics, schedule, etc).
It looks to me like the custom background you set is working for every header section. I'm using Chrome to view it. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Re: Profile heading container

KatieRhodes said:

CHANGE THIS
Code:
.profile_section_background {
    background-color: #000000;
    opacity: 1;
}

TO THIS
Code:
.profile_section_background {
    background-image: url("//a.mfcimg.com/backgrounds/10298.jpg");
    opacity: 1;
}

Upvote 0
How do you insert a point anywhere on your profile that you can immediately jump through via a URL?
I hope you guys know what I'm talking about... :? I've seen girls who have their profile set up in a way that lets you jump to a specific portion of the page (like the videos section) by clicking a link.

Upvote 0
LilyMarie said:
How do you insert a point anywhere on your profile that you can immediately jump through via a URL?
I hope you guys know what I'm talking about... :? I've seen girls who have their profile set up in a way that lets you jump to a specific portion of the page (like the videos section) by clicking a link.

Code:
<a href="#thingIWantToJumpTo">Jump to thing!</a>

<a name="thingIWantToJumpTo">...</a>

To link to it from outside the page:

Code:
<a href="http://pageThingIsOn.com/#thingIWantToJumpTo">Jump to thing!</a>

Alternatively, use "id" to identify "thingIWantToJumpTo" instead of "name".
Code:
<div id="thingIWantToJumpTo">...</div>

Upvote 0
Kradek said:
LilyMarie said:

Code:
<a href="#thingIWantToJumpTo">Jump to thing!</a>

<a name="thingIWantToJumpTo">...</a>

To link to it from outside the page:

Code:

Alternatively, use "id" to identify "thingIWantToJumpTo" instead of "name".
Code:
<div id="thingIWantToJumpTo">...</div>

I found this explanation to be extremely adorable. Thank you for being you, Kradek. :)

Upvote 0
Agreed! And thank you so much, it seemed to work! :dance:

Reactions: Kradek
Upvote 0