AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Profile Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to advertise the fact that I'm getting really into web design, and I'd love to practice! If anyone needs any profile help or even an entire layout made for chaturbate or MFC I'm your girl! I wont charge unless I feel its going to be a huge endeavor haha
my profiles:
MFC
Chaturbate
Contact me on here, MFC or email: curvyvi720@gmail.com. Twitter works too! @Curvy_Vi
Thanks loves :h:

Upvote 0
Hello everyone! I just wanted to advertise the fact that I'm getting really into web design, and I'd love to practice! If anyone needs any profile help or even an entire layout made for chaturbate or MFC I'm your girl! I wont charge unless I feel its going to be a huge endeavor haha
my profiles:
MFC
Chaturbate
Contact me on here, MFC or email: curvyvi720@gmail.com. Twitter works too! @Curvy_Vi
Some suggestions if I may..
For Chaturbate:
Excessive usage of text shadow makes the text elements difficult to read, especially when both the text and the shadow are black-ish
screenshot-chaturbate.com-2017-09-02-18-36-27.png

But this can be easily fixed.
For better positioning of the Chaturbate custom design you can use margin:120px auto 30px -145px instead of margin:0 auto;

The MFC design is way better, it has a good balance, familiar markup but one suggestion... the top links are not visible when hover so you may want to change the hover effect for top menu.
Thumb up for MFC customization. :)

Upvote 0
Some suggestions if I may..
For Chaturbate:
Excessive usage of text shadow makes the text elements difficult to read, especially when both the text and the shadow are black-ish
View attachment 72476

But this can be easily fixed.
For better positioning of the Chaturbate custom design you can use margin:120px auto 30px -145px instead of margin:0 auto;

The MFC design is way better, it has a good balance, familiar markup but one suggestion... the top links are not visible when hover so you may want to change the hover effect for top menu.
Thumb up for MFC customization. :)

Thanks Dan :)

Upvote 0
Good job so far....
a small suggestion... in your CSS you are using a class for images... make sure you define both width and height too... like this
Code:
.tipImg {width: 100%; height: auto; margin: 0 auto;}
again, by default image element is a block so its ok if you don't add display:block attribute
adding height auto is better and helps the browser render the image properly
margin:0 auto; - is used to center all images which are using this class and remove the blank space between...

Ok here's my problem... I am trying to not use the custom css in the edit profile section. I mean I would love to of course as I get much better control... but my friend really likes the current looks of her page which is difficult for me to duplicate right now and it would also make her much more dependant on my for any profile update and I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

So... given that I only want to work in one of the dumb boxes... like the about me box... is there a way to make an image responsive in there??

Everything I paste into that box... if it has a "width"... that just gets removed... it's a pain in the ass... I can use height... as that's allowed to stay for some reason... but my images have a consistent width but different heights..

I've tried an img tag with : width="xxx"... I've tried adding something like :
style="width: 100%; height: auto; margin: 0 auto;"

and MFC changes the code... grrrr :(

I can't use an inline style because it's not in the <head>..

is there any way to get a responive image without taking full control over the css and basically starting over with the profile?

Thanks for any advice.

Upvote 0
Ok here's my problem... I am trying to not use the custom css in the edit profile section. I mean I would love to of course as I get much better control... but my friend really likes the current looks of her page which is difficult for me to duplicate right now and it would also make her much more dependant on my for any profile update and I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

So... given that I only want to work in one of the dumb boxes... like the about me box... is there a way to make an image responsive in there??

Everything I paste into that box... if it has a "width"... that just gets removed... it's a pain in the ass... I can use height... as that's allowed to stay for some reason... but my images have a consistent width but different heights..

I've tried an img tag with : width="xxx"... I've tried adding something like :
style="width: 100%; height: auto; margin: 0 auto;"

and MFC changes the code... grrrr :(

I can't use an inline style because it's not in the <head>..

is there any way to get a responive image without taking full control over the css and basically starting over with the profile?

Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately no. Indeed MFC seams to strip out some of the inline css so i'd suggest you push for a custom class and additional css.
add a custom class in the advanced css and apply the class for the image in html markup... the only way.
Happy weekend

Upvote 0
Hello all, it's been awhile since caming on MFC has been a regular thing for me and I'm getting back in the game for the love of it, my exhibitionism run rampant. I'm interested in connecting with someone who can give me a hand with some custom CSS and setting up my new profile.

I have a clear idea of what I want, examples for reference, and pictures and some branding bits and bobs to go on it but the whole process is a real mind bender for me; I haven't got the mind for this sort of thing and it's not a language I can apply myself and learn to work with at the moment.

I know there are a bunch of resources here which are great but that's a challenge for another time, too much on the go as it is. Help would be so so appreciated, and although I don't have loads of disposable income at this moment we can talk about some compensation of course depending on if we can get something professional looking and less like my 7th grade myspace page.

Super, that's all for now. Contact me if you're interested!
(hope I posted this in an okay spot, if not sorry, please move me!x)

Upvote 0
Hello all, it's been awhile since caming on MFC has been a regular thing for me and I'm getting back in the game for the love of it, my exhibitionism run rampant. I'm interested in connecting with someone who can give me a hand with some custom CSS and setting up my new profile.

I have a clear idea of what I want, examples for reference, and pictures and some branding bits and bobs to go on it but the whole process is a real mind bender for me; I haven't got the mind for this sort of thing and it's not a language I can apply myself and learn to work with at the moment.

I know there are a bunch of resources here which are great but that's a challenge for another time, too much on the go as it is. Help would be so so appreciated, and although I don't have loads of disposable income at this moment we can talk about some compensation of course depending on if we can get something professional looking and less like my 7th grade myspace page.

Super, that's all for now. Contact me if you're interested!
(hope I posted this in an okay spot, if not sorry, please move me!x)

There are some options you can choose from.
1. DIY - do it yourself, no coding skills required. link in sig
2. You can ask some of your fans to work for you (brain storming) or to pay for a custom design (crowd funding is the new trend ... lol)
3. Maybe someone here (from ACF) will be willing to help you setup a profile page...

Keep an eye on your inbox, maybe you'll get lucky :)

Upvote 0
So in the really interesting new department MFC just made a BIG CHANGE for profiles!!!

Now in the custom css section you have an option to include Bootstrap, Foundation and several others!!!
Indeed and that's pretty awesome for web designers because a css library like boostrap is so awesome... to bad the javascript is not allowed (due to security issues) nevertheless this improvement is amazing.
Well... MFC was the top lead regarding customization and freedom of editing ... now it has no competition in this segment.

Upvote 0
Indeed and that's pretty awesome for web designers because a css library like boostrap is so awesome... to bad the javascript is not allowed (due to security issues) nevertheless this improvement is amazing.
Well... MFC was the top lead regarding customization and freedom of editing ... now it has no competition in this segment.
Agreed! yeah no javaScript is a shame but I understand that. the big win is just getting something like bootstrap in for formatting. that SHOULD solve a lot of problems.

Of course not to test it and figure out how it works and all that good stuff. There still the html to deal with and MFC injects so much stuff to begin with. But at least it's better then it was yesterday!!

:)

Upvote 0
Hmmm I guess with no JavaScript we lose Bootstrap navBars.. that's a bit disappointing... oh well.
That's true. But there are other awesome elements which are very useful in editing process like btn (buttons), well (container), image responsiveness class... and not to mention the best of them all ... col class for elements (col-lg-6 / col-sm-12) ...
Later today i'll test the stuff for myself creating a MFC profile design relying on Bootstrap (it's good that additional CSS box is not removed) .
Wonderful day to you all :)

Reactions: Striker44
Upvote 0
hello this is my 1st post and can any mfc experts help me?
I've been really getting into coding profiles lately and I am stoked to find out bootstrap 4 is available (this is amazing!). I can see that mfc is picking up the new library however my problem is I cannot get this thing to go full width and centered. I use the "container-fluid" class but it still remains small and to the left.

i know how to center regular divs, text, content, full 100% widths in general and with bs4 framework installed on my system, it works fine in all of my editors however, I can't get it to go full 100% width with resorting to fixed widths in mfc. I've tried so many combinations with the body, adding additional classes, so far, nothing. This goes for flexbox as well. I can strip the entirety of mfc's vanilla markup, add clearfixes and for whatever reason I cannot get anything in the body to go 100% full width without relying on a fixed width. I know I am missing something, can anyone help?

Upvote 0
my profiles:
MFC
Chaturbate
I've emailed you re this

• Hugs
Reactions: CurvyVi
Upvote 0
@biomen -- Unfortunately I can't guess where the issue might be as you didn't left a link so I may inspect the markup but... what if you don't use the container-fluid class and add your own? Did you attempt this suggestion?
If it's a matter of legacy (as bs loads before the custom css) you can override this class by adding it inside the custom css box at the very end of the CSS markup and use your own attributes to style-up this particular class...
Btw... a good practice is to add the "reset" fallback css just in case ... something like
Code:
article,aside,details,figcaption,figure,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,section {display:block;}
div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,var,b,u,i,center,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td,article,aside,canvas,details,embed,figure,figcaption,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,output,ruby,section,summary,time,mark,audio,video,body,html {padding:0;margin:0;}
html,body,div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,var,b,u,i,center,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td,article,aside,canvas,details,embed,figure,figcaption,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,output,ruby,section,summary,time,mark,audio,video {margin:0;padding:0;border:0;font-size:100%;font:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;}
Strip what you don't need and duplicate elements .

Upvote 0
@biomen -- Unfortunately I can't guess where the issue might be as you didn't left a link so I may inspect the markup but... what if you don't use the container-fluid class and add your own? Did you attempt this suggestion?
If it's a matter of legacy (as bs loads before the custom css) you can override this class by adding it inside the custom css box at the very end of the CSS markup and use your own attributes to style-up this particular class...
Btw... a good practice is to add the "reset" fallback css just in case ... something like
Code:
article,aside,details,figcaption,figure,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,section {display:block;}
div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,var,b,u,i,center,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td,article,aside,canvas,details,embed,figure,figcaption,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,output,ruby,section,summary,time,mark,audio,video,body,html {padding:0;margin:0;}
html,body,div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,var,b,u,i,center,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td,article,aside,canvas,details,embed,figure,figcaption,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,output,ruby,section,summary,time,mark,audio,video {margin:0;padding:0;border:0;font-size:100%;font:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;}
Strip what you don't need and duplicate elements .

thanks for responding. yes I have tried multiple combinations without using container-fluid as a class. using my own varied classes before I made the previous post and still nothing. I've been struggling with this ever since I started making profiles. again, full width/centered divs (or full width anything) is easy to make any where else (I use multiple editors and browsers) but when it comes to mfc, it's not happening for me. sorry for lack of link but Here is where I am testing these functions.

i've tried the reset fallback you've provided and I cannot get this to work. as you can see in the profile the text: "This is to be full width 100% + centered" has a black background indicating the div I want centered/100% width. "100vw" is the closest I can get this to work but it cuts off screen leaving an overflow.

Upvote 0
hello this is my 1st post and can any mfc experts help me?
I've been really getting into coding profiles lately and I am stoked to find out bootstrap 4 is available (this is amazing!). I can see that mfc is picking up the new library however my problem is I cannot get this thing to go full width and centered. I use the "container-fluid" class but it still remains small and to the left.

i know how to center regular divs, text, content, full 100% widths in general and with bs4 framework installed on my system, it works fine in all of my editors however, I can't get it to go full 100% width with resorting to fixed widths in mfc. I've tried so many combinations with the body, adding additional classes, so far, nothing. This goes for flexbox as well. I can strip the entirety of mfc's vanilla markup, add clearfixes and for whatever reason I cannot get anything in the body to go 100% full width without relying on a fixed width. I know I am missing something, can anyone help?

how do you strip "strip the entirety of mfc's vanilla markup"?? thanks!

Upvote 0
@biomen
did you tried to remove tweak the markup margin and padding to core MFC elements like:
.profile_section_content
.content

And add margin:0 auto to your class
.container-fluid {
color:#fff;
font-size:30px;
width:100%;
display:block;
margin:auto;
}

But first try to remove the padding from .profile_section_content and .content and I think it will do the job.
Here, try this
HTML:
#header_bar,#profile_header,#profile_about_me > .heading,#profile_friends,#about_me_label,#username_container,#gender_container,#sexual_preference_container,#profile_comments,#footer_bar,#city_container,#occupation_container {
  display:none;
}

a:link,a:active,a:hover {
  color:#;
}

a:visited {
}

body {
  background:green;
  font-family:'Verdana';
  font-weight:normal;
  font-style:normal;
  font-size:12px;
}

.profile_section_content {
  color:#666666;
  border:px #;
  padding:0;
  margin:0 auto;
  -webkit-border-radius:5px;
  -moz-border-radius:5px;
  border-radius:5px;
  -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  -moz-box-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  box-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
}

.profile_section_background {
  background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0.3);
}

.img_radius_shadow {
  -webkit-border-radius:0;
  -moz-border-radius:0;
  border-radius:0;
}

.profile_section_content .heading {
  padding:5px;
  background-color:#BCEC76;
  color:#FFFFFF;
  font-size:14px;
  -webkit-text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  -moz-text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
}

.content {
}

.my_mfc_news_feed {
  height:330px;
}

.container-fluid {
}

.topdiv {
  text-align:center;
  margin:10px;
  background-color:#000;
}

article,aside,details,figcaption,figure,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,section {
}

html,body {
  margin:0;
  border:0;
  font-size:100%;
  font:inherit;
  vertical-align:baseline;
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@biomen
did you tried to remove tweak the markup margin and padding to core MFC elements like:
.profile_section_content
.content

And add margin:0 auto to your class
.container-fluid {
}

But first try to remove the padding from .profile_section_content and .content and I think it will do the job.
Here, try this
HTML:
#header_bar,#profile_header,#profile_about_me > .heading,#profile_friends,#about_me_label,#username_container,#gender_container,#sexual_preference_container,#profile_comments,#footer_bar,#city_container,#occupation_container {
  display:none;
}

a:link,a:active,a:hover {
}

a:visited {
}

body {
  background:green;
  font-size:12px;
}

.profile_section_content {
  color:#666666;
  border:px #;
  -webkit-border-radius:5px;
  -moz-border-radius:5px;
  border-radius:5px;
}

.profile_section_background {
  background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0.3);
}

.img_radius_shadow {
}

.profile_section_content .heading {
  padding:5px;
  background-color:#BCEC76;
  color:#FFFFFF;
  font-size:14px;
  -webkit-text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  -moz-text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
  text-shadow:0 0 0 #777777;
}

.content {
}

.my_mfc_news_feed {
  height:330px;
}

.container-fluid {
}

.topdiv {
  text-align:center;
  margin:10px;
  background-color:#000;
}

article,aside,details,figcaption,figure,footer,header,hgroup,menu,nav,section {
}

html,body {
  margin:0;
  border:0;
  font-size:100%;
  font:inherit;
  vertical-align:baseline;
}

yes, I have tried this and other combinations (for now I left it just like you said above). so far, nothing.
the only way I can get this full 100% is adding "position:absolute; left:0;" but this is no good as absolute position just overlaps anything that's underneath it (it's only good for nav bars, position fixed particularly). resetting all of mfc's elements seems to do nothing unfortunately.

I've made older profiles in the past that have "psuedo" full width everything however, there's a lot of dirty css overflows, minus margins, 100vws, positioning etc. My old tricks are very messy practices and if a user clicks their mouse wheel they can fly off to the right (despite the horizontal overflow being hidden). With having content in the profile (text, images, etc etc) it tends to full that space but the goal here is to make everything in full by default, then working within.

Even using the "full width" class for bs4 it involves a lot of tweaking and that doesn't go full width without a bunch of extra/unnecessary code. For example, look at bs4's documentation for the navbar here. under placement, there is a full width option for a navbar but of course mfc refuses to use this without additional code. I'm glad bs4 is here but there seems to be a lot of untold restrictions so far.

Upvote 0
... that's nasty. Well... your best option is to get some sort of inspiration from SarahPassions tho i don't know if will work with bs4 enabled ... anyway... even if its a huge help using self-hosted css libraries I will wait some time until i'll know for sure they work properly, because right now, developing a design using bs4 entirely it's a waste of time... Tested a few elements and don't render well.
Happy weekend 2 u all

Upvote 0
im very interested to see if bootstrap really adds a lot to profile design, ive not used bootstrap before but it looks good from youtube/websites ive looked at.
looking forward to learning bootstrap if it works well with MFC

Upvote 0
im very interested to see if bootstrap really adds a lot to profile design, ive not used bootstrap before but it looks good from youtube/websites ive looked at.
looking forward to learning bootstrap if it works well with MFC
So I actually tried using Bootstrap on MFC, but unfortunately it doesn't work since it doesn't allow you to import the required files to get it to run.

But otherwise, I still recommend you learn bootstrap, as it really is a useful framework and you can do a lot with it. I've built several websites with bootstrap, and it has made things so much easier!

Upvote 0
Bootstrap KIND OF works it seems. The navBar does not work... I assume because of JavaScript being disabled. The core Grid and responsive images do seem to work pretty well though it's not perfect - I think because MFC is still first loading a bunch of their CSS which is getting in the way.

Upvote 0
So I actually tried using Bootstrap on MFC, but unfortunately it doesn't work since it doesn't allow you to import the required files to get it to run.

???
The CSS library is available as option from drop-down ... what files do you want to import?!
The idea is to use the css library no need to import any files. It's true the missing js and jq are a huge loss in terms of designing but also a huge security risk for mfc platform (reason for which mfc doesn't allow programming language on their platform in the first place)

@Striker44 -- to be frank, b4 is a bit annoying, mostly due to migrating classes but on long term it will be pretty efficient on mfc...
If you encounter issues i'd suggest using only snippets from bootstrap in your projects... and not entire css library.
I've used only col- (with little modif.) and this is the outcome profiles.myfreecams.com/HardCrystal

Upvote 0
I update my blog pretty regularly

If anyone would like to be added as an author on my blog, please let me know.
Although I am not an MFC model I have been a premium member for 8 years. I somewhat like you enjoy helping new models and have been doing it for the last 3 years. You have a great website for model profiles and it has most anything a model can want to help her customize her profile. Great job !!

I know HTML and CSS, my problem with MFC is once I create the code how do I get it to replace the default code on MFC ?? if you reply I really appreciate it very much, here is one of my favorite poker quotes.

Look Around the Poker Table; If You Can’t See the Sucker, You’re It

Upvote 0
Do I add only the additional code in the about me or other boxes or the entire code I copied from the source?

Upvote 0
Is it possible to align the text in certain content sections, but not all of it? For example, I want my About Me content to be center aligned, but not the Friends content.

Also, is it possible to hide certain answers (not entire sections) without deleting them? I still want to come up when somebody searches for my tags or questions, I just don't want them to be visible on my profile page.

Note: I don't know anything about CSS, and only know a little HTML. I don't know if this is an obvious and easy thing to do in CSS, but when explained to me/linked to a tutorial, I'm good.

Upvote 0