AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyGirlFund--"About Me" vs. Profile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XbambiX

Cam Model
May 23, 2018
Hello there . . . I have two specific questions about the "setup" portion of the MyGirlFund application process for anyone who's gone through it. On that page, you are asked for your first and last name as well as to fill out an "About Me" section:
A. Should you provide your actual first and last name here, or do they want your so-called screen name?
B. Is the "About Me" section the same thing as the public profile you will use to advertise yourself, or is it just something the company will read to get a feel for your personality and camming experience?

Thank you in advance for any advice! :h:

The "about me" section is the same as your profile. So you can say a little about yourself, add pictures, and put info about any videos that you want to sell.

I'm not sure about your first question though since it's been a while since I joined. I want to say it's your real name, but I might be wrong.

I use MGF sometimes. Since it's an adult site and one that you can receive money through, you will have to provide your real name for verification. The display name is what will be public, which is what you'd have entered after inputting your e-mail. Your real name will not be public.

A few extra tips for signing up for MGF:

-If you work anywhere else, you need to pick a different name. It can be similar, but if it's exactly the same as a handle you use elsewhere, they'll probably not approve your account.

-The picture they ask you to take of you holding a sign that says mygirlfund on it will wind up being in your public photos. Something to keep in mind if you want to make something that's a little nicer than a no-makeup pen scribbled on notebook paper kind of photos.

Reactions: NyxieDay
I'm most interested in the sexting/selling pics and videos side of camming as opposed to camming itself . . . I've been checking out Arousr in addition to MGF, which seems somewhat similar (although I gather MGF is more conservatively run). Does anyone have any experience with Arousr or have any suggestions for other sites that are primarily chat-based?

Wow---thank you both so much!! You've shared some invaluable info and advice--I sincerely appreciate it!

I'm most interested in the sexting/selling pics and videos side of camming as opposed to camming itself . . . I've been checking out Arousr in addition to MGF, which seems somewhat similar (although I gather MGF is more conservatively run). Does anyone have any experience with Arousr or have any suggestions for other sites that are primarily chat-based?

I've never heard of Arousr. Never used this one either, but to my understanding, ExtraLunchMoney is another text/chat based site similar to MGF, and it's been around for a while.

If you like making and selling videos, you might want to consider sites like Clips4Sale and ManyVids as well. You don't have to do camming on either of those and there are a bunch of models here who have done really well on those sites. :) Should you get verified on here, there's a lot of helpful information in the Models Only section for clip making.

I've never heard of Arousr. Never used this one either, but to my understanding, ExtraLunchMoney is another text/chat based site similar to MGF, and it's been around for a while.

If you like making and selling videos, you might want to consider sites like Clips4Sale and ManyVids as well. You don't have to do camming on either of those and there are a bunch of models here who have done really well on those sites. :) Should you get verified on here, there's a lot of helpful information in the Models Only section for clip making.
Super---thank you again. I seriously appreciate your time, Sansa--you've been extremely helpful.:blush:

One last question for you: I've taken numerous photos and vids using my built-in Mac cam and PhotoBooth. Visual quality in terms of how I look is ideal, but the pics/vids aren't exactly high-res. Are visual media with such "imperfections" acceptable by these sites (including for applications)? I'd assume that if men are paying for them, the quality should be up to par, but I'm not in a position to purchase new devices at the moment. (At least the cam I use on my PC, a Logitec 720P, provides a pristine picture.) I'm also rather confident about this particular batch of pics/vids---I've gotten some remarkably complimentary feedback on them from two professional photographers . . . plus I would just really like to use them . . .

Super---thank you again. I seriously appreciate your time, Sansa--you've been extremely helpful.:blush:

One last question for you: I've taken numerous photos and vids using my built-in Mac cam and PhotoBooth. Visual quality in terms of how I look is ideal, but the pics/vids aren't exactly high-res. Are visual media with such "imperfections" acceptable by these sites (including for applications)? I'd assume that if men are paying for them, the quality should be up to par, but I'm not in a position to purchase new devices at the moment. (At least the cam I use on my PC, a Logitec 720P, provides a pristine picture.) I'm also rather confident about this particular batch of pics/vids---I've gotten some remarkably complimentary feedback on them from two professional photographers . . . plus I would just really like to use them . . .

Maybe take pictures and videos with your phone and upload then to your computer? Phone cameras are better than mac built in webcams.

As long as the pictures are fairly clear, you should be fine. :) Agreed with what @Miss_peony said about taking them with your phone instead. The quality is slightly better. You don't need professional quality images on MGF, most on that site are into GFE or girl-next-door types, but the pictures should still be clear.

Reactions: Miss_peony
Status
Not open for further replies.