AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need some help with my relationship

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yummybrownfox said:
LittleRooster said:
Most people i have told about her profession have told me to dump her right away because she is a 'whore'.

Well, clearly those people look down on sex workers, so yeah, they can just fuck off. :) In the future, you may want to keep people like that out of your business. No point in even having conversations about sex work(ers) with people like that.
Exactly. And why, if he doesn't approve of her occupation, but wants a future with her (marital bliss?) would he even talk about what she does (that he hates) to friends and possibly relatives? If his fantasy future somehow became a reality, then all his friends will know what she used to do (which he doesn't like and they think is prostitution).

Building a better future though stupidity!™

God said:
here is a quick summary of the situation as i understand it...

here is what i have read so far...

#1: this is your relationship that is in trouble (but the relationship already ended)

#2: you don't approve of anything she does at work, even though she does the same for you.

#3: you have given her your demands (as they relate to her life)

#4: she said she didn't like some aspect of her work (this kind of thing can lead to misunderstandings)

#5: she did what most camgirls would probably do when given demands (whether online or offline) by ending the relationship

#6: you said how you met her is not work-related but you met her on Twitter (a social-networking website with millions of people)

#7: you said you are a very jealous person in UK and she is in Romania (a place that has nude/topless beaches)

#8: you said you can't give her any money and you are already receiving free skype shows from her just like scammers are trying to get when she is at work.

#9: you won't take no for an answer and now you are going behind her back to find another way to get what you want

1. when i say that she ended the relationship, we mutually agreed that we would take a break until things change.

2. I don't approve of her work, you're right there. But i bet mob wives don't agree with what their husbands are doing :lol: i want to better myself because i don't want to lose her over something stupid like this (i know it is stupid).

3. Yes, in the past i have given her demands, and since then we have talked and i realize that i was wrong, she cannot stop what she is doing and me constantly guilt tripping her about it does not help one bit.

4. Yes, she has told me that she doesn't like some aspects of her work, however, she does not want to quit right now, i understand that.

5. Yes, i now understand that at this moment in time camming is more important than me! She has even told me that. I mean we have never met and i'm pressuring her to quit and i know that is wrong.

6. I don't see your point?

7. I'm not jealous of people seeing her topless or even nude, i just don't like the thought of them seeing everthing. And i think that, that is quite a normal perspective.

8. Sorry, i don't really understand your point. She is not giving me skype 'shows'. Most of the time we talk, and sometimes we have sex, just like a normal relationship.

9. I have not gone behind her back. I openly told her last night that i am trying to better myself by going on a forum. And it is not that i can't take no for an answer, she has told me that unless things change, we can't be together, not that it is final and over forever.

Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
LittleRooster said:
Most people i have told about her profession have told me to dump her right away because she is a 'whore'.

Well, clearly those people look down on sex workers, so yeah, they can just fuck off. :) In the future, you may want to keep people like that out of your business. No point in even having conversations about sex work(ers) with people like that.
Exactly. And why, if he doesn't approve of her occupation, but wants a future with her (marital bliss?) would he even talk about what she does (that he hates) to friends and possibly relatives? If his fantasy future somehow became a reality, then all his friends will know what she used to do (which he doesn't like and they think is prostitution).

They do know about what she does, i have told a few friends that i can trust and to be honest they do not think any less of her, and they do not make a big deal of it.

Wait. Didn't you just say they suggested she is a "whore" and you should run away from her?

Or is that a DIFFERENT group of people you told about her?

Trust or not, when you tell a secret to ONE person, you may as well print it in the New York Times.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Nordling said:
Wait. Didn't you just say they suggested she is a "whore" and you should run away from her?

Trust or not, when you tell a secret to ONE person, you may as well print it in the New York Times.

I told two of my best friends what she does, and they said that it is her decision and it is not like she is actually meeting these people and having sex with them, which i do agree with. Three other people know and they were not so understanding about it and ridiculed her about it.

LittleRooster said:
Nordling said:

I told two of my best friends what she does, and they said that it is her decision and it is not like she is actually meeting these people and having sex with them, which i do agree with. Three other people know and they were not so understanding about it and ridiculed her about it.
Right, so you also told three other people who are NOT so trustworthy, and soon everyone in your sphere of acquaintances will know...trustful or not.

Reactions: LilPixy
LittleRooster said:
Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
LittleRooster said:

They do know about what she does, i have told a few friends that i can trust and to be honest they do not think any less of her, and they do not make a big deal of it.

If they said negative things, called her a whore and said you should be far away from her...yea, they did make kind of a big deal out of it. 'No big deal' would be like "really? cool, good for her." If those particular people ever meet her they won't respect her because of their personal feelings about the work she does or did. That sounds like it would probably suck for both of you. She'll feel alienated, perhaps even betrayed that you spilled personal info like that without making sure it was OK with her first. And at least some of your friends will probably think you're being manipulated by a "bad" person or look down on you for being with her regardless of your personal happiness.

RedHerby said:
Evvie said:
Cam model in me: "He's about to be taken to the cleaners"
I don't think that match the image some models are trying to build here at ACF :mrgreen:
If the image some ladies are trying to make is "never believe a model is a scammer," then it is one I do not support.

ScarletVixen said:
LittleRooster said:
Nordling said:
yummybrownfox said:
LittleRooster said:

If they said negative things, called her a whore and said you should be far away from her...yea, they did make kind of a big deal out of it. 'No big deal' would be like "really? cool, good for her." If those particular people ever meet her they won't respect her because of their personal feelings about the work she does or did. That sounds like it would probably suck for both of you. She'll feel alienated, perhaps even betrayed that you spilled personal info like that without making sure it was OK with her first. And at least some of your friends will probably think you're being manipulated by a "bad" person or look down on you for being with her regardless of your personal happiness.

Yes at the time i was a little angry that some of the people that i have told look down on her, but to be honest i don't really care what they think i know what she is like and their opinion is not important. All i am focused on right now is seeing what i can do to potentially save this relationship, or if it is not worth it at all.

I understand that i have been a massive jerk and it is clear that i was not prepared for a relationship with a cam-girl. I have honestly learned a lot from the advice given so far and i'm feeling a little better equipt to understand what i have done wrong. On the other hand, is there anything i can say to her or ask her in order to get my answer? I am willing to support her (although i do not condone what she is doing). Do i ask her if we should meet? Or do i just cut off ties with her and tell her that we can't talk anymore? I am willing to try and save this relationship at least until we meet so we can both make a decision like adults on our future and how we will deal with this 'issue'.

Any thoughts?

LittleRooster said:
I understand that i have been a massive jerk and it is clear that i was not prepared for a relationship with a cam-girl. I have honestly learned a lot from the advice given so far and i'm feeling a little better equipt to understand what i have done wrong. On the other hand, is there anything i can say to her or ask her in order to get my answer? I am willing to support her (although i do not condone what she is doing). Do i ask her if we should meet? Or do i just cut off ties with her and tell her that we can't talk anymore? I am willing to try and save this relationship at least until we meet so we can both make a decision like adults on our future and how we will deal with this 'issue'.

Any thoughts?

you can tell her what your friends all said about her.

LittleRooster said:
I am willing to support her (although i do not condone what she is doing)

You can't support her decision to cam if you don't agree with it. You can say that you support it, but you are going to be filled with jealousy and resentment which is not healthy to a relationship. I'm all about making compromises to make a relationship work, but I don't see why you are pushing so hard to try to save a relationship in which you've already been broken up with when you only dated her online for like five months.

I'd really just leave it alone and go find someone else. I don't see how it is worth it when you are already having such serious issues from the get-go and have the added disadvantage of living so far away. People who have jealousy issues rarely have healthy long-distance relationships because they are always stressed out that their partner is cheating on them, so even if she stopped camming, your issues are still there.

LittleRooster said:

Any thoughts?

Honestly, dude, I think you need to figure out what you think/feel before anything. At various points in this post you have expressed very different opinions about her job as a cam model, but then in this most recent post you say "although I do not condone what she is doing." So really, the question is... can you handle being in a relationship with this woman if she continues working as a cam model? Everything you have posted so far leans towards the "no" side of things--which suggests that you should most likely not pursue this any further.

Of course, I suppose it could be true that this woman truly wants to stop working as a cam model but is unable to do so--but it is difficult for all of us reading this to determine how she actually feels about the entire situation (as I tend to think you don't know as it's impossible for you to know if she's giving you her honest opinion on the matter).

Personally, I just have to ask (and yeah it's already been asked) but why is this worth it? I believe you when you say that you really care for/have feelings for this person, but this relationship has a whole hell of a lot of hurdles that need to be cleared for it to even have a chance of succeeding (i.e., you've never met, you're already exhibiting jealous/controlling tendencies towards her, you live in different countries, you "don't condone what she's doing,"). Even if she quit camming tomorrow, would you be able to come to grips with what she has already done--with who she already is? From what you've posted so far--it seems like this is just a problem that is going to continue to grow and fester--and you are just going to end up spending way too much time and emotion trying to find something that just isn't there.

That said, if the both of you are unable to "let this relationship go" (though I'm inclined to think that she is more willing to do this than you) and are both eager to meet each other--go for it and see how that affects your mutual outlook. Just realize that if you're unwilling to accept her for who she already is, then I'm guessing that moving this mess from the internet to the real world is only going to make things more complicated, messier, and more painful.

LittleRooster said:
But she has openly told me that she wants to quit (she has been camming for 4 years and is bored of it).
We are both 20.

But recently her family have got in financial trouble so she has started working more. She has been doing anything for money (apart from cum shows) and although i understand, i'm incredibly jealous.
But because of financial difficulties, work has become number one. I want to remain in this girls life and i want her in mine, and i support her 100%, but i don't support what she is doing (no offence, girls).

has given her over $50,000 in one year. Last week he gave her $1500 and wanted nothing in return

These quotes are the ones that stood out to me, but so many holes and contradictory statements, I do not know where to begin.

Since finances are not the issue, she could support you both and her family with what she is making. The obvious problem is you.

Have you stopped masturbating and cumming as well? Except of course when you two were together on Skype. :lol: I notice every time you say you will completely support her you always add how much you dislike what she does. I do not think you will ever get over what she did for a living even if she were to quit for you. She will resent you for controlling her and you will resent her for her past. Not the way to start a relationship.

You are very young and immature at least when it comes to relationships. I advise you to take the high road and leave her alone, if she truly wants a relationship with you she will come calling.

Okay, here's a two step plan:

1. If you can overcome you're jealousy and be happy with what she does then -

2. Book a flight and meet up FFS! Not saying that a relationships across the great fiber optic divide can't work, but you got to at least spend some time in each others company! Call me old fashioned, but after meeting you might find you may not like each other that much...

Reactions: LittleRooster
yep, WizzAir is your friend :) Spend a weekend together, internet is very different then IRL

Forget you did have skype sex, this meeting is not for your hormones !

Ohh, and please report back to us, the cynical ACF crowd, prove us wrong.

Reactions: LittleRooster
Okay, guys and girls, thank you all for your opinions :-D i have seen a different perspective on the situation and in some ways i feel better for it, and i have had to swallow my ego a little! I will never like the fact that she is camming but i fully understand her reasons to cam and some part of me respects it. I have no problem with camming itself, but i do have a problem with a potential girlfriend doing it.

I do not believe that i am in the wrong here, and i don't believe that she is either, yes we have both made mistakes and done things we shouldn't have (me, mostly), but i just think that we rushed into a relationship without thinking of how each other would feel about the situation.

When you say that i am more interested in the relationship, you are right. I think she has gone off me slightly because of the stress that i have given her, but since we have just been friends, she has warmed to me massively. She told me that she would like to pursue a relationship with me but considering the current situation, it is impossible, which i understand.

As for some of you thinking i am being scammed and it is 'too good to be true', i appreciate that you are cautious and to be honest, i am too! I know that the whole thing seems a little suspicious, but if i just abandon ship and run away, i will always be wondering what could have been. If we meet and the whole thing turns out to be genuine, and we live happily ever after, then great, we are one of the few success stories. But if we meet and we don't like each other, or it turns out that she isn't what she said she was, then i have nothing to lose and i will know the truth.

I will talk to her at some point today and suggest meeting for a few days. I will keep ya'll posted whether the answer is good or bad :-D

Just Me said:
You are very young and immature at least when it comes to relationships. I advise you to take the high road and leave her alone, if she truly wants a relationship with you she will come calling.

This is your best advice right here. Just Me nailed it imo.
:thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

Brad said:
Just Me said:

Definitely agree.

Reactions: Brad and Just Me
BlueViolet said:
Brad said:
Just Me said:

Definitely agree.

I'm glad someone finally got around to stating it. It shouldn't have taken three pages of ACF sleuthing to get there.

Reactions: Brad
I will update those of you still somewhat interested in this topic as to he last 2 weeks or so. After I posted on here I took some advice and I thought about things thoroughly. I did not talk to her for 4 days and remained offline so I could think things through. I waited for her to contact me first and she did on a Sarurday afternoon. The conversation was awkward and we tried our hardest to make things like before but it wasn't happening.

For the next couple of days we intentionally kept our contact minimal, but I was still thinking about Her a lot. We spoke midweek and we actually had a fight. I asked her about work and she got annoyed, we both said some pretty shit things and regretted it. Anyway to cut long story short, we spoke several times throughout the fortnight and most of it was relatively boring and awkward lol. I asked her last night why it is like this and she told me that things couldn't be like before because of all the shit.

I suggested that we should meet to try and resolve our problems and to see what else happens, and she was quite positive and happy tha I suggested it (in fact it was her who brought up the conversation). But then the next day she doesn't talk to me, it's very confusing. And a side note, she is still going private with that other guy and after telling me previously that they only talk, I found out that it was more than that l. Now of course it is none of my business but I just wish she had told me.

I only posted this to get it off my chest. She has been behaving very differently with me I feel as a defence mechanism, her life is really shit and it could get worse. We have spent a lot of (virtual) time together and I feel I know her better than anyone. She also told me that she would ultimately regret deleting me from her life and I guess I would too, that's why I haven't. I feel that she needs a little bit of direction, not necessarily to get away from camming but to see different aspects of life (she does not go on vacation so she does not miss work, she doesn't go out with friends or even have many good friends, and just recently she didn't go to see her family because she couldn't miss a week of work).

Camming is her job and she has told me that it will not change for anything, an I reluctantly accept that, but I want to show her that life is more than just work and promoting yourself sexually (a part of camming, alas, but the idea of work, especially self promoted plagues her mind). I understand that camming is her job of choice and she has no intention of changing that, however when we was together she told me of how she dreamed of quitting camming and being with me as soon as one year away (maybe a lie to keep me sweet, I don't know). She has never even attempted to try and find another job, and why should she? she makes good money, works her own hours, works from home... but i feel that the problem lies beneath camming. she is vulnerable and has been alone for 3 years, she cannot afford to quit or even contemplate it, especially for some guy who just walke into her life and demanded she change, someone she never even met. for me i have had life easy and i have never had to put finances above personal beliefs or morals, therefore i cant comprehend what she feels, unfortunately for us both. i want to show her how to live her life and if camming is what she wants to do, then that is her decision, but I won't be there to support her.

My dream is to show her that her life can be different, an if what she said is true about her wanting to quit camming, then over time we can work things out and support each other, but if camming is a long term job for her and a future, then I feel I can never overcome my problems, perhaps because I don't want to. I will keep you posted if you wish

Cheers.

In my opinion, until you meet in real life, everything you feel you have between you two is just pure speculation.

By the way, how much do you know about Romania outside of what she has told you? Do you know the average Romanian income is less than $10,000 a year? And a guy gave her $50,000 in a year but she is still struggling? You said she is 20 but she has cammed for 4 years? You mean she started camming at an illegal age?

Honestly I wish you luck and since you are still very young, you can stand a few heartbreaks to learn life's lessons. But just as a warning, don't be too surprised if reality turns out very differently from what you imagined.

For the jealousy possessiveness thing... You are not cut out to date a camgirl. Not a camgirl in work, and not a girl who has cammed previously.

It takes a certain sort of woman to take up camming. It takes a certain attitude, a certain amount of confidence, sexuality and independence. These kinds of women have a lot of incredible qualities, but they are not the sorts of women who merge very well with men who are prone to jealousy and possessiveness.
Some girls like jealousy and possessiveness. It makes them feel loved and cared about. They like the drama and they like the attention. Those girls often like the idea of feeling "owned", not as in a slave sense, but as in they abide by their boyfriends feelings. These girls aren't camgirls. A camgirl can pretend to be like that, and she may have parts of her that are like that, but she has taken a step into a job which a girl who is truly like that just wouldn't be able to take.

One of the things I like what I do for a job because when I was single I could ultimately see what a guy was like when faced with the situation. I am a very outgoing, flirty, friendly person, I also am fairly good looking and have large boobs. I get a lot of looks and come ons. I could not go out with a man who would have a hissy fit every time a man eyes up my breasts or tries it on with me. I also want to go out with a man who respects women whatever they do for work. Me being a camgirl was the ultimate test, you can see pretty quickly what a man is going to be like from how he reacts to that kind of job. Most men's reactions weren't as chilled as my boyfriends reaction, and most men aren't cool with the idea of their girlfriend doing sex work. I am now in a relationship where I don't have to worry about my boyfriend getting jealous, possessive or controlling, because I chose someone who didn't have those things in his nature, sure they're there, as with everyone, but not enough that they'll ever be a problem.
You are not one of these men. You are a regular guy who shouldn't be dating a camgirl. You may one day have different opinions, and you may change, but for now you cannot force it.

If everything goes well with you and her, what will she do? Move away from her family and home and live in the UK? How will your friends treat her? Not only is she a camgirl, but she's also Romanian, which although I doubt she'll get racism from people, there will also be a big culture shock, things will be difficult for her, she'd have to start over. She's not a native english speaker which makes it harder to get jobs, and I don't know how she'd been educated, but there'll be different standards in Romania to the UK which might find getting work harder. You don't earn much money, and her money will not take her as far in the UK as in Romania if she continues camming, if she doesn't she'll be earning even less.

I think although online relationships sometimes go well, the ones that work are slow burning things, ones where it takes a long time for the relationship to develop.

It is VERY easy to fall in love with someone you meet online. You only see what they want you to see, and they only see what you want them to see. You then fill in the blanks with what you want to see. You spend long hours talking, which seems amazing, but it's really because the human mind processes time spent at the computer differently than in real life. Ever noticed how you can spend an hour on facebook and it feels like barely 5 minutes have gone by? Ever noticed how hours of your life can drift away in front of the laptop and it feels like it's been no time at all? That's because your mind cannot work out time in the same way, meaning you get sucked in. It's the same when you spend lots of time talking to someone.
It then also becomes addictive. You never really get what you want, you never get release, you're constantly curious, it's always a mystery, so you want more and more.
Your mind has created your dream woman, and she's done the same for you. Even though nothing in your relationship is actually right you're clinging onto it, trying to force it to be right, because your mind told you that this is the girl for you. She said certain things and you filled in the blanks. Your relationship is a fantasy. It is less real than the relationship she has with her paying regulars.

There aren't that many camgirls in the world, though the internet is full of them. There are thousands and thousands of girls your age who don't cam, strip, have sex for money, who will simply be a girlfriend, girls who live in your country. What they won't have that this girl has is the same mystery, the same drama. They will also be real rather than a fantasy, you won't be able to imagine things about them, see what you want to see, because you'll actually be with them.

At the end of the day though, fantasy is great and all, but reality is where it's at! You can fantasise about the perfect girl, imagine she's real, but she's not. Don't pursue this. This girl lives in a different world to you, there is no point in pushing it. You should never have to force a relationship.

Seriously guy, just go out to a bar or club or something. Find women not involved in camming. MFC is not a good place to be looking for quality real life relationships.

I know there are a lot of replies and I'm sorry I haven't read them all yet.
LittleRooster said:
i don't think that there is anything wrong with camming
Yes you do. Because...

LittleRooster said:
and i support her 100%, but i don't support what she is doing (no offence, girls).
You obviously don't know anything about math. :woops: 100% would mean you support everything. But you do not support her job. And it sounds like her job is a huge percentage of her life.

LittleRooster said:
they can give her what i can't, money!
And from the fucking sounds of it, she didn't sound like she wanted money from you. You also couldn't give her all she wanted from you which was support and companionship.

Oh wait, you said you supported her 100% ... :roll:

PunkInDrublic said:
Seriously guy, just go out to a bar or club or something. Find women not involved in camming. MFC is not a good place to be looking for quality real life relationships.

Even though this is a brash way of saying it, and I'm pretty sure you have bad PMS as you definitely seem to get moody about once a month... I agree with this. MFC is for both good and bad quality online relationships, not real life relationships. YES some people do meet on MFC/Twitter/facebook/whatever that means you have absolutely no mutual friends and are long distance and make it work, but they are the ultimate exception to the rule. Thousands and thousands of people try this path to find or thinking they've found love, only a few out of those people succeed in their relationships.

As a rule, just get yourself out there, meet a girl, you'll get to know what she's like in real life, see if she actually likes you, and if it works, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. There is no need to make life this complicated.
Everyone has different things they're ok with in a relationship, you're clearly not ok with camming. That's ok, doesn't make you a bad person, what makes you a bad person is deliberately going after someone who is a certain way and trying to change and mould them into what you want.

marvelb0y said:
In my opinion, until you meet in real life, everything you feel you have between you two is just pure speculation.

By the way, how much do you know about Romania outside of what she has told you? Do you know the average Romanian income is less than $10,000 a year? And a guy gave her $50,000 in a year but she is still struggling? You said she is 20 but she has cammed for 4 years? You mean she started camming at an illegal age?

Honestly I wish you luck and since you are still very young, you can stand a few heartbreaks to learn life's lessons. But just as a warning, don't be too surprised if reality turns out very differently from what you imagined.

more exactly, around 3500$ a year. And even if she wanted another job it'd be difficult to get. Camming in Romania might be safer than any other jobs.

returning to...what was his nickname...
she might be still struggling because of all the good life cam money brought her or her family has big problems. If it's the second one, you're quite selfish for not understanding. Also you want to meet her for real but SHE has to come in UK. well, of course she broke up with you. I'd do the same thing. Also I don't quite believe she's 20.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Status
Not open for further replies.