AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Netflix movie CAM

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K... I made it to 4 mins 20 seconds in... I hate seeing some youtubeloser who have no idea what camming is (and insulting people who use the site, while calling cam girls "strippers who don't have to work as hard") try and comment on the basis of a movie about camming and the members who utilize cam sites.

Nope. Big fat nope.

K... I made it to 4 mins 20 seconds in... I hate seeing some youtubeloser who have no idea what camming is (and insulting people who use the site, while calling cam girls "strippers who don't have to work as hard") try and comment on the basis of a movie about camming and the members who utilize cam sites.

Nope. Big fat nope.

I watched the full video a while ago and he proceeds to bring in the opinion of a cam girl who hates it to help with his confirmation bias and it's extremely annoying.

She acts like the movie is wrong about camming, clearly doesn't realize a former cam girl made the movie, and then says the movie has "no understand of horror"???????

Much more irritated by her opinion than the video as a whole honestly lmao

I watched the full video a while ago and he proceeds to bring in the opinion of a cam girl who hates it to help with his confirmation bias and it's extremely annoying.

She acts like the movie is wrong about camming, clearly doesn't realize a former cam girl made the movie, and then says the movie has "no understand of horror"???????

Much more irritated by her opinion than the video as a whole honestly lmao
I agree it's hardly "horror", however.

Reactions: DFT and EspiKvlt
I liked it, mostly. I agree with this review, and this passage in particular:

The set-up is primed for rich psychological thrills, and Cam by-and-large delivers, following a commanding performance from Brewer. The actress portrays Alice as someone whose very sanity and sense of self is on the line, but she never loses her strength or her will. And Brewer has some heavy lifting to do, playing essentially three versions of the same character — Alice, Alice as Lola, and the new Lola. There’s a period where Cam tantalizes with the prospect of something stranger and more existential, but even if the film’s answers to its oddities feel a bit perfunctory and shallow, the experience is gripping and rich with paranoia.

I agree it's hardly "horror", however.

I don't know, I think if you are a cam model theres a horror element.... like loosing all your earnings is a pretty horrifying thing... thats the only way I can see it as an attempted horror film.

For me though I didn't find the story made sense, there was no real character development and nothing that really pulled me into the movie and made me care about what was going on.

I just wanted to say I think they nailed the creepy pompous whale member so well!

I liked it for what it was and thought the premise was really interesting but it completely fell off the track by the third act. I really wanted to know why and who was making the fake versions of the cam models. Also, the fact that no one was listening to her or cared didn't make sense one bit. I get they were trying to show that "sex work is perceived bad by most people and they will judge you after finding out what you do" but come on if you can prove (which would be easy) that that isn't you then law enforcement would get involved regardless, ESPECIALLY the camming platform.

But I like Madeline Brewer so.....I ignored these things just to see her face lol

This movie reminded me of the UK series, Black Mirror which often deals with the "horrors" of technology. The horror aspect was sci-fi but I thought the movie aced the parts showing the camming rooms. Plus how obsessed some of the models get with their rank.

I decided to revisit this thread, because I started thinking about that movie 'Girl House'. That movie (which I DO consider a horror film) was way scarier than CAM, imo, and definitely worth checking out! If you have Amazon Prime, it's free to watch on there. I'll probably watch CAM again too on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.