AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Site soon to launch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very familiar with scripts, codes, and whatnots, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to write in a workaround for this restriction to where the model can set her preferred level for viewers, but those of ALL levels who tipped during the current session are exempted from such restrictions. Or even those who tipped within the previous 12/24 hrs, etc. I'm not sure if these are possibilities, but they'd be a solution for the scenario you described.

That is a good idea. I am going to sound like a broken record, but it is important for everyone to know the level limitation feature will not exist at the start. This is a feature which will be implemented in the future. Thank you for your post! All opinions on this topic only help to make sure the feature is solid and reliable for its release.

Reactions: SNATCH and Picnic
I want to expand on my last post a bit. The difference between Facebook and a camsite is that Facebook is designed for networking and a camsite should theoretically be designed for branding and marketing. It's important to models, on a social tipping type of camsite, to be able to brand and market themselves as much as possible. We have raffles that we design graphics for that we want to advertise. We want to be able to portray a certain idea about who we are. On Facebook, you do that by commenting and sharing and posting status updates; on a camsite you have the most important thing, your show, but when you're offline you have your profile. I think having at least some customization options and being able to post graphics is pretty important. Chaturbate pretty much is the bare minimum in my opinion on that because you can post graphics at least. Streamlining it is a cool idea but isn't great because the camming industry changes so much it's impossible to predict what information needs to be known for a particular model.

This is a topic I am not too familiar with when it comes to models because I am not and never have been a model. My Facebook and Myspace example was just meant to help clarify my thought process with the model pages. This will be a more difficult topic to address on the site, but I believe in the future we can come to some resolution. MFC is its own company and this issue may be what certain models favor them over this website. I think your post brings great value. Currently, customizing the pages is not at the top of the list, priority-wise. We want to win over models and members with our website look, service and support. We love our logo, it is very simple and I believe butterflies are beautiful and exotic which I think plays well into this profession.

Please have patience with this site and company. I am sure you will agree that getting paid, the support system and performance of the website trump the customization of pages. With that said, and again, your post is valuable and I will definitely mark this topic down for consideration for future page add-ons.

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
But, if you are openly promoting on cam your website which sells your personal items, then that becomes an issue. It takes business away from my business.

Being unable to promote my solo site while live on cam would 100% guarantee that I, and a lot of models would never use your site.

Just FYI.

Edit....and I'm talking promoting a solo site (standard includes videos/pictures and sometime scheduled members shows),
Not using your traffic to get members to pay elsewhere for services being provided on your servers I.E encouraging people tip off site for performances being held on your servers.... that's obviously not ok.

Last edited:
Being unable to promote my solo site while live on cam would 100% guarantee that I, and a lot of models would never use your site.

Just FYI.

Edit....and I'm talking promoting a solo site (standard includes videos/pictures and sometime scheduled members shows),
Not using your traffic to get members to pay elsewhere for services being provided on your servers I.E encouraging people tip off site for performances being held on your servers.... that's obviously not ok.

I believe my statement containing "personal items" was not my best explanation. What you stated in () I have no issue with. It is important to promote and a key to a models success. The concern is what you followed the () with. Experienced models, I am sure, know how to walk the line on this topic. There are individuals in this world who look to piggy-back others for their gains. It sounds like you know very well the differences.

Thank you for your post!

Reactions: RebeccaT
I'm not sure if this was already posted and I just missed it, but I'm wondering how you're planning on sorting models on a home page. I'm not actively camming right now, but your posts have definitely sparked an interest and I might try out your site after you go live! When I have cammed in the past, I did only non-nude work. MFC's sorting allows for non-nude models to have a fighting chance at being sorted near the top, but on sites like Chaturbate that sort by room count, it's harder to get sorted higher because non-nude shows don't attract as large of an audience as an explicit show might. My impression is that to an extent, their sorting pushes out the models who don't do as many explicit shows. I've never tried Chaturbate because of that fear, but that's my understanding at least. To add on to that, is there going to be a feature that's anything like camscore?

You've definitely made a good impression here, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions so thoroughly!

Reactions: TacoBelle and Gen
I'm not sure if this was already posted and I just missed it, but I'm wondering how you're planning on sorting models on a home page. I'm not actively camming right now, but your posts have definitely sparked an interest and I might try out your site after you go live! When I have cammed in the past, I did only non-nude work. MFC's sorting allows for non-nude models to have a fighting chance at being sorted near the top, but on sites like Chaturbate that sort by room count, it's harder to get sorted higher because non-nude shows don't attract as large of an audience as an explicit show might. My impression is that to an extent, their sorting pushes out the models who don't do as many explicit shows. I've never tried Chaturbate because of that fear, but that's my understanding at least. To add on to that, is there going to be a feature that's anything like camscore?

You've definitely made a good impression here, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions so thoroughly!

The best answer right now I can provide is that there is no sorting through camscore or room count. The home page will contain tabs for most viewed, top rated, favorites, and new models. I will need to ask my developer what he has programmed for the home page arrangement. Also, for new models I will need to make a decision for the length of time a model is classified as new. I'm thinking a few days and not a couple hours. To summarize, I don't have an official answer to your question besides that my company does not rate the models. Members provide the rating. How would you feel about a tab for non-nudes? You would have to identify yourself in your application and stick to it. Of course, we could be contacted if you decided to make the change.

Reactions: BlairLuxe
The best answer right now I can provide is that there is no sorting through camscore or room count. The home page will contain tabs for most viewed, top rated, favorites, and new models. I will need to ask my developer what he has programmed for the home page arrangement. Also, for new models I will need to make a decision for the length of time a model is classified as new. I'm thinking a few days and not a couple hours. To summarize, I don't have an official answer to your question besides that my company does not rate the models. Members provide the rating. How would you feel about a tab for non-nudes? You would have to identify yourself in your application and stick to it. Of course, we could be contacted if you decided to make the change.

I don't feel like it is useful to have a separate place for non-nude models, honestly. I never even once had a regular who frequented any other non-nude models, and I never had anyone seek me out as a non-nude model. Rather, people hung out with me and figured out that they really liked how I used the art of tease to turn people on. The way I see it is that non-nude models are still doing sensual performances, and don't really need a different category. I would not use a site where I HAD to be in a separate section from nude performers, because I think it implies a lack of sexuality in shows, which was definitely not the case for me personally as a performer. I think one of the reasons that MFC has a successful population of non-nude models is that we still are grouped in the same ways as the other girls.

Edited to add: I wanted to clarify that I was always clear to members about my boundaries, and it was written in my profile that I was non-nude. I wasn't pulling any tricks on people and not telling people I was non-nude.

I don't feel like it is useful to have a separate place for non-nude models, honestly. I never even once had a regular who frequented any other non-nude models, and I never had anyone seek me out as a non-nude model. Rather, people hung out with me and figured out that they really liked how I used the art of tease to turn people on. The way I see it is that non-nude models are still doing sensual performances, and don't really need a different category. I would not use a site where I HAD to be in a separate section from nude performers, because I think it implies a lack of sexuality in shows, which was definitely not the case for me personally as a performer. I think one of the reasons that MFC has a successful population of non-nude models is that we still are grouped in the same ways as the other girls.

Edited to add: I wanted to clarify that I was always clear to members about my boundaries, and it was written in my profile that I was non-nude. I wasn't pulling any tricks on people and not telling people I was non-nude.

Thank your for your response!

Reactions: BlairLuxe
How would you feel about a tab for non-nudes? You would have to identify yourself in your application and stick to it. Of course, we could be contacted if you decided to make the change.

This from a members point of view. I personally would like a tab for non-nudes. There are times that I enjoy all the nudity and everything that cums with that. However I tend to gravitate quite often to chat oriented models, or ones who are dancing, playing games... the more social ones that don't necessarily have to be completely naked. Many of the models on my friends list are ones who can chat about a wide variety of subjects, can play music, sing, or are great dancers.

That said I know many models do not advertise they are non-nude because that is a kiss of death for anyone coming into their room for the first time. If a member is there for a while and can find out they enjoy her company before realizing she's not going to take off her panties then she can do alright.

So I think the only way a 'non-nude tab' could possibly work for both members and models is if the non-nude model would ALSO show up on the main page like normal all the time.

In other words they show up on an exclusive list if someone has that tab checked. But they are always showing mixed in with other models if they don't have it checked. Make no distinction between her and any other model if it is not selected. That would give them the same opportunity they now have on other sites, but add the ability to be found easier for those specifically searching for that type of model.

If MFC were to have a setting for that right now, I would be using it often.

I think as far as how long to categorize a model as new it should be 7 days as default. 7 days for her to get her feet dug in, figure out the sites interface, find herself a bit on there, and time for guys to find her as well. You could always add an option for the guys to change the setting to 2 weeks, a month or whatever if they took a break for instance and wanna see who they missed but 7 days seems fair to me for beginning.

As far as shows where girls can set it to be everyone Level X and above and the complaints here about how it would work and how it could not be fair for some to tip and not get to see a show the easiest way to fix that is just let the model choose on her own to add people. Someone tips and she can click their name and select add to show. Done. She can add anyone she wishes for tipping or for any other reason she chooses. Maybe it's to add a regular who tipped her offline, her bf, or someone who had tech issues the night before and missed one he tipped for, a prize from a spin wheel, etc.
You can still do the levels as it can breed competition for some and will give girls some idea of who spends and who spends a lot and maybe you can give bonuses to the higher levels like mentioned still. This just seems to solve any issues and be easier for both model and member.

If you are recording girls shows in DVR type for members I highly recommend making that available to models as well. It's only fair we have the option to get at our shows if members can too. Maybe we wanna take and make one in to a video for sale, or see ourselves as a member does to work on things like lighting or sound or angles or some such, or maybe something else but it would be nice to have one site that auto records us for us to have access to it too. SM takes and auto records and sells the vids for other sites to use as adverts, gives them to white labels to use, and even takes them and sells them on our page as if the model is doing it however the model can not even see it there and gets no money from the sales on them, control over them, or notification of such. Shady shady so please not only do not do crap like that but allow us to get our own recordings if they are there.

^ yes! I would love love love to be able to record my shows directly using the sites interface. Xpeeps had that option back when it was around and it was amazing! It'd be great to be able to both sell it directly on the site or to download it so I could run it through my editing program.

Edit: also, I would love a way to sell memberships where people get access to all my past recordings.

^ yes! I would love love love to be able to record my shows directly using the sites interface. Xpeeps had that option back when it was around and it was amazing! It'd be great to be able to both sell it directly on the site or to download it so I could run it through my editing program.

Edit: also, I would love a way to sell memberships where people get access to all my past recordings.
Oh yeah it could be part of some of the members club a lot of girls do. Great idea !

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
This from a members point of view. I personally would like a tab for non-nudes. There are times that I enjoy all the nudity and everything that cums with that. However I tend to gravitate quite often to chat oriented models, or ones who are dancing, playing games... the more social ones that don't necessarily have to be completely naked. Many of the models on my friends list are ones who can chat about a wide variety of subjects, can play music, sing, or are great dancers.

That said I know many models do not advertise they are non-nude because that is a kiss of death for anyone coming into their room for the first time. If a member is there for a while and can find out they enjoy her company before realizing she's not going to take off her panties then she can do alright.

So I think the only way a 'non-nude tab' could possibly work for both members and models is if the non-nude model would ALSO show up on the main page like normal all the time.

In other words they show up on an exclusive list if someone has that tab checked. But they are always showing mixed in with other models if they don't have it checked. Make no distinction between her and any other model if it is not selected. That would give them the same opportunity they now have on other sites, but add the ability to be found easier for those specifically searching for that type of model.

If MFC were to have a setting for that right now, I would be using it often.

I believe the best course for this topic is to not isolate the models. It is what I originally intended, but raised the question in case I have miss judged the topic. One homepage tab will be "My Models," which is a members favorites to visit frequently. These tabs are not located on the side or with a small link, but center above the first row of models in plain sight. The website has tags, for searching so it would be great if non-nude models tag their page as such so a member can search them.

Another feature of the website for members on the homepage is how to scroll through the models. Off to the side there is a slider that acts as a scroll bar. The purpose of creating this is so the page is stagnant and members do not lose sight of their options while viewing all models. This works great and I have tested this.

Thank you for your post.

I think as far as how long to categorize a model as new it should be 7 days as default. 7 days for her to get her feet dug in, figure out the sites interface, find herself a bit on there, and time for guys to find her as well. You could always add an option for the guys to change the setting to 2 weeks, a month or whatever if they took a break for instance and wanna see who they missed but 7 days seems fair to me for beginning.

As far as shows where girls can set it to be everyone Level X and above and the complaints here about how it would work and how it could not be fair for some to tip and not get to see a show the easiest way to fix that is just let the model choose on her own to add people. Someone tips and she can click their name and select add to show. Done. She can add anyone she wishes for tipping or for any other reason she chooses. Maybe it's to add a regular who tipped her offline, her bf, or someone who had tech issues the night before and missed one he tipped for, a prize from a spin wheel, etc.
You can still do the levels as it can breed competition for some and will give girls some idea of who spends and who spends a lot and maybe you can give bonuses to the higher levels like mentioned still. This just seems to solve any issues and be easier for both model and member.

If you are recording girls shows in DVR type for members I highly recommend making that available to models as well. It's only fair we have the option to get at our shows if members can too. Maybe we wanna take and make one in to a video for sale, or see ourselves as a member does to work on things like lighting or sound or angles or some such, or maybe something else but it would be nice to have one site that auto records us for us to have access to it too. SM takes and auto records and sells the vids for other sites to use as adverts, gives them to white labels to use, and even takes them and sells them on our page as if the model is doing it however the model can not even see it there and gets no money from the sales on them, control over them, or notification of such. Shady shady so please not only do not do crap like that but allow us to get our own recordings if they are there.

This is a great post, thank you! I very much like your thought.

I will work with my developer, who I am sure is on edge with me already :) But, that is why I pay him big money. This is very interesting for a concept that I never thought of. Currently, the model can upload videos and images, and set unique passwords for each to sell to members. Is this membership concept something you are interested for a personal site, or would like to see incorporated into this website?

I will work with my developer, who I am sure is on edge with me already :) But, that is why I pay him big money. This is very interesting for a concept that I never thought of. Currently, the model can upload videos and images, and set unique passwords for each to sell to members. Is this membership concept something you are interested for a personal site, or would like to see incorporated into this website?
I am pretty sure she was referring to how many models on MFC have "clubs" where a member tips a certain amount and they get extra perks (cheaper video packages, the ability to schedule privates, whatever the model decides to include) having all of our recorded shows in one of the password protected galleries you already want to implement would be a great perk for things like that.

Any idea when will the site go live?

This website began development back in March. Originally, it was set for completion for next week. Now, that was prior to this thread and the great posts that came along with it. Personally, I wish it was complete because it has been a long 5 months, going on 6 months. BUT, with the topics raised and the adjustments for transgenders, the DVR, banning options, etc.; it seems like the original timeline is no longer relevant. For that I apologize. I very much want this website to be the best in its category, so I ask to please be patient and I will make an official post as soon as my developer knows exactly when.

A repeated statement: if models are interested in registering for this website, please fill-out the W9 and 1099 forms (US only) and W-8BEN form (Internationals only) and email with your name and contact information to: admin@hushhushcams.com. This is a requirement of registration but is a step that can be taken now to get a jump start on the process. Otherwise, once registration is complete, we ask for this to be done anyway.

W9, 1099 and W-8BEN forms are for company protection and model identification, only. No taxes are withheld. Models are responsible for their taxes as Independent Contractors.

Reactions: Gen
I am pretty sure she was referring to how many models on MFC have "clubs" where a member tips a certain amount and they get extra perks (cheaper video packages, the ability to schedule privates, whatever the model decides to include) having all of our recorded shows in one of the password protected galleries you already want to implement would be a great perk for things like that.

Great! For everyone interested in this topic, the model on this website can create a specific gallery with unique password to provide members the specific perks. What I will do is talk to my developer and see if we can create a separate section for this so the images and videos can be combined into a package.

Reactions: Gen
Yes! A password protected previous recordings gallery would be perfect! That way you could just change the password each month and send it to your members. It would also be great for different piers of membership as well.

In an ideal world, there would be a membership page where you can set membership piers with access to different things/galleries and then grant a member a specific membership pier. Not sure how difficult that would be though.

Reactions: SNATCH and Gen
This website began development back in March. Originally, it was set for completion for next week. Now, that was prior to this thread and the great posts that came along with it. Personally, I wish it was complete because it has been a long 5 months, going on 6 months. BUT, with the topics raised and the adjustments for transgenders, the DVR, banning options, etc.; it seems like the original timeline is no longer relevant. For that I apologize. I very much want this website to be the best in its category, so I ask to please be patient and I will make an official post as soon as my developer knows exactly when.

I applaud the fact that you want to release a site that is fully functional and not basically a beta on launch. That more then makes up for a lapse in deployment time in my eyes. Better to launch right, then hew to a artificial deadline and launch broken.

You've spent a lot of time describing your main page features and such, would it be possible to share some screen shots of your test site with us here to better give an idea of that it will look like? The amount of solid feedback we might be able to offer will greatly benefit from being able to see things, and we might be able to pick out some aspects of the HUD that members and models might be very sensitive to, that developers might not.

Reactions: SNATCH and Gen
I applaud the fact that you want to release a site that is fully functional and not basically a beta on launch. That more then makes up for a lapse in deployment time in my eyes. Better to launch right, then hew to a artificial deadline and launch broken.

You've spent a lot of time describing your main page features and such, would it be possible to share some screen shots of your test site with us here to better give an idea of that it will look like? The amount of solid feedback we might be able to offer will greatly benefit from being able to see things, and we might be able to pick out some aspects of the HUD that members and models might be very sensitive to, that developers might not.

I will not reveal too much visually about the website. I have attached a general layout of the model page since everyone here has been great and provided great responses. This image does not contain adjustments made recently. So what you see is about 90% of what you will get when live. Posting screenshots opens up a whole can of worms for posters to run with their opinions on the website, and this is something I would like to minimize. I would much rather have users see the website live and be able to use it, rather than judge it based on a non-usable image.

Also, I have gone back to review the website and the transgender tab is present on the homepage for all the posters who inquired about the topic.

I am not going to lie, I read the BongaCams thread and that was a slaughter! Gave me some nerves about posting my website :)

Again, the attached image is about 90% of what exists. We made the profile and webcam one page so there is no popup to view the profile. The goal was for an attractive and clean layout with larger webcam window. Enjoy!

Attachments

• hushhush Model Page New (1).jpg
    hushhush Model Page New (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Yes! A password protected previous recordings gallery would be perfect! That way you could just change the password each month and send it to your members. It would also be great for different piers of membership as well.

In an ideal world, there would be a membership page where you can set membership piers with access to different things/galleries and then grant a member a specific membership pier. Not sure how difficult that would be though.

I understand what you are referring to and I believe I have a design concept for that, that I can incorporate in the future as a feature for the personal model page membership. I very much like the idea of having individual memberships, instead of a website-wide membership. It is something my developer and I will need to work on following the website launch. But, we will work to get the recording of shows for models available as a feature at the start.

Thank you for your valued post!

I don't know what "Tip Overload" is exactly, but I like the sound of it. :D

But honestly, the page looks nice. Quite similar to MFC, but with the profile on the same page like Streamate. I'm really looking forward to your launch.

I understand what you are referring to and I believe I have a design concept for that, that I can incorporate in the future as a feature for the personal model page membership. I very much like the idea of having individual memberships, instead of a website-wide membership. It is something my developer and I will need to work on following the website launch. But, we will work to get the recording of shows for models available as a feature at the start.

Thank you for your valued post!
What date will it be up?

I don't know what "Tip Overload" is exactly, but I like the sound of it. :D

But honestly, the page looks nice. Quite similar to MFC, but with the profile on the same page like Streamate. I'm really looking forward to your launch.

Tip Overload is how a member will tip. Besides tipping once, it allows a member to blow up the chat with tips. Nothing cheesy, for example, I am a member who wants to tip 500 tokens but do it in small amounts simultaneously. Lets say I choose 500 tokens broken 50 times into 10 token tips. It is what you see on MFC but prevents the member from repeatedly typing that into the chat. Allows the tipper to enjoy what they created, and what I always found to be an annoying continuous sound :)

I am not going to lie, I read the BongaCams thread and that was a slaughter! Gave me some nerves about posting my website :)

We are a bunch who smell bullshit and unprofessionalism a mile away. And it's called on pretty quick. Pull a 'Bonga' here and the mocking just becomes a fun pastime for one and all.

Again, the attached image is about 90% of what exists. We made the profile and webcam one page so there is no popup to view the profile. The goal was for an attractive and clean layout with larger webcam window. Enjoy!

Screenshot - 9_17_2015 , 5_04_00 PM.png

The rating system has caused quite a bit of confusion (and annoyance) on mfc since it only rates what someone thinks of a models profile and has no bearing on anything else in life. Yet many mistakenly think it does more like rank them higher on the homepage or give them more money somehow. On your site is the rating set up to actually do anything? Will it just be a marker of the aesthetics of the overall look, or is there some other reason for even including it at all?

And the profile being part of the main look and layout of the live stream as well brings up one other question. Do you give the models the ability to modify that page in any way through html and css coding? Currently that is a possibility for profiles on some other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.