AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New cam site with traffic looking for 5 - 10 girls only

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would viewers go to a site with only ten girls? Even assuming all ten girls were on at the same time all day everyday... It seems .... Boring.

It feels like they would have to specifically go there to see a specific girl or type of girl. So a girls current member base? If that were the case she could cut out the middle man and arrange Skype shows for alll the dollars. I know you said there was existing traffic... But.. like.... How can you know that traffic will be interested in the narrow selection of girls your site will be forced to have.

Internet is usually a numbers game, lets say you have x amount of traffic and a camsite with 100 girls, so maybe 10 % of the traffic finds a girl they like and spent money on, now assume a site with 10 girls, here maybe only 1 % of the traffic finds 1 of the 10 girls worth spending money on. If you have enough traffic it can even work with 10 girls. But in general I agree the more choice the better...

:)

Internet is usually a numbers game, lets say you have x amount of traffic and a camsite with 100 girls, so maybe 10 % of the traffic finds a girl they like and spent money on, now assume a site with 10 girls, here maybe only 1 % of the traffic finds 1 of the 10 girls worth spending money on. If you have enough traffic it can even work with 10 girls. But in general I agree the more choice the better...

This doesn't answer why someone would choose to go to a site with ten girls over any other site. While interesting, this addresses only how the traffic that happens on a site MIGHT spend their dollars. I want to know why a viewer would choose a site with a small selection over a site with large selection.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

It's kind of more complicated than that. Not all traffic is created equal. If all traffic was created equal, it'd be as simple as:
  1. Create a PlugRush account
  2. Upload a banner add and click-through link
  3. Pay dirt cheap CPM because adult traffic isn't worth shit
  4. Margaritas
It's why the niche of the site is very important. Is it specifically camming traffic? What current programs are converting with the site's traffic? If it's niche-traffic (and not adult/general) are the camming shows going to match the niche of the traffic?

As per an old comment on this post, I still think the smartest thing to do would be to test out the traffic with camming offers and at least gauge how well the traffic performs with camming in general.

Granted, camming sites do convert WAAAAAAY better than paysites, so one could argue that if there's paysite conversions, there's going to be camming conversions, but there's tons of other factors that need to be considered as well.

Primarily the niche of the site / traffic. What kind of programs are currently converting with that traffic would be nice to know as well.

I think @Serenity_Tam has said it best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.