AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New camgirl's question about webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DakotaDimples

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 22, 2016
Hello to everyone on ACF, this is my very first post, and I am so excited to be here and to get started camming. I want to say thanks so much for this website to everyone here. It's such a great resource for a girl wanting to get started on MFC. I have a question that I couldn't find a good answer to when using the search function. Is a logitech C270 good enough to start out with? I know its HD but its only 720. I will have great lighting because my husband is a grower and we have lots of extra grow lights and reflective materials that should help to make the lighting intensity and color how I want it but I am wondering if the webcam is good enough. Thanks so much.

Dakota

You should be fine for now since you can stream in 720p. I definitely recommend upgrading to a c920 when you can. Keep an eye out for deals on Amazon. Sometimes you can get it 40% off. With the holidays around the corner, you should be seeing those sales pop up more!

I think the 920 is completely worth it. I am not that cute and it makes me look pretty tootin good.

Would you have to buy the 720 then buy the 920? Unless you already have it, it would be a waste of $20 because you will want to upgrade ASAP.

I think the 920 is completely worth it. I am not that cute and it makes me look pretty tootin good.

Would you have to buy the 720 then buy the 920? Unless you already have it, it would be a waste of $20 because you will want to upgrade ASAP.

I agree, the c920 is a huge upgrade for the money, totally worth it. My members go crazy over how nice close-ups look with it! :p lol

Reactions: ExcellaExe and Rosy
I have tried c930e and c920 but the best one for me its c930e, because you look more tiny on it and it shows more of ur room whille c920e has more little picture and the colors of this model are worse then c930e has)

I know a few models that use the Logitech BCC950. basicly a C920 with a remote control and swivel with zoom. It is more expensive however.

I know a few models that use the Logitech BCC950. basicly a C920 with a remote control and swivel with zoom. It is more expensive however.
Do you know how to make the Logitech BCC950 mic to sound good (how to setup the mic)? The sound broadcast is better with the mic from the laptop then the one from Logitech BCC950 ... may be is some setting that I don't do right...

Do you know how to make the Logitech BCC950 mic to sound good (how to setup the mic)? The sound broadcast is better with the mic from the laptop then the one from Logitech BCC950 ... may be is some setting that I don't do right...

You didn't leave the packing plastic on the camera ball did you? The Mic is noise cancelling and designed for range what are you experiencing? echo? muffling?

You didn't leave the packing plastic on the camera ball did you? The Mic is noise cancelling and designed for range what are you experiencing? echo? muffling?
No, the camera ball is clean. The cam video feed is very good. I managed to get it to stream the voice but the ambient music is streamed as garbage noise ...and even the voice is not captured as well as in the youtube demo videos for this camera...

I managed to get it to stream the voice but the ambient music is streamed as garbage noise
It's meant to be a conference room camera and speakerphone, so it's going to try its hardest to not pick up background noise.

Would be better to use a cam meant for streamers. The C922 is best right now. No pan zoom tilt but those aren't usually necessary options for common cam girl setups.

I have tried c930e and c920 but the best one for me its c930e, because you look more tiny on it and it shows more of ur room whille c920e has more little picture and the colors of this model are worse then c930e has)
Aww yeah! I'm big supporter of the 930e over the 920!

Reactions: curvyredhead
Aww yeah! I'm big supporter of the 930e over the 920!

Agreed!!

Plus (not always) the 930e often comes with a cam cover that is sold separately or like 20bucks, and comes in very handy!

It's meant to be a conference room camera and speakerphone, so it's going to try its hardest to not pick up background noise.

Would be better to use a cam meant for streamers. The C922 is best right now. No pan zoom tilt but those aren't usually necessary options for common cam girl setups.

I see so many new camgirls wanting a cam that moves, but it seems pretty unnecessary to me. Putting a 9000 or a C920 on a tripod works equally well and is cheaper, plus you'll probably need a tripod at some point anyway for filming or pictures, might as well start with one. The C920 can actually be "properly" attached to a tripod, and it's simple to MacGyver a solution for the 9000 - I used to use a hair tie, other ladies have used packing tape or binder clips, depending on how permanent the attachment to the tripod is meant to be.

I also feel like seeing the model pick the cam up to change angles is part of the experience. Especially for people who are really into the "amateur" feeling, a panning/zooming cam can feel "too professional". I personally like the human aspect that's added when a model picks up her cam to get a different angle.

Especially for people who are really into the "amateur" feeling, a panning/zooming cam can feel "too professional". I personally like the human aspect that's added when a model picks up her cam to get a different angle.
Pant tilt zoom models were usually the EE studio models from my experience browsing around over the years. Their brightly colored perfectly set rooms combined with ptz cams definitely feel less personable.

Thx AmberC! For now I will try to use it like this and stream the ambient music in parallel in Manycam audio settings (it accepts input from mic and from playlist) ...
Any opinions on the best software alternatives to manycam? (I have heard that manycam is taking a lot of resources and the transmission will not be that good)

I see so many new camgirls wanting a cam that moves, but it seems pretty unnecessary to me. Putting a 9000 or a C920 on a tripod works equally well and is cheaper, plus you'll probably need a tripod at some point anyway for filming or pictures, might as well start with one. The C920 can actually be "properly" attached to a tripod, and it's simple to MacGyver a solution for the 9000 - I used to use a hair tie, other ladies have used packing tape or binder clips, depending on how permanent the attachment to the tripod is meant to be.

I also feel like seeing the model pick the cam up to change angles is part of the experience. Especially for people who are really into the "amateur" feeling, a panning/zooming cam can feel "too professional". I personally like the human aspect that's added when a model picks up her cam to get a different angle.

Yes I totally agree and if anyone is looking for a tripod for camming, I suggest the Amazon Basics one, it has a nifty attachment that connects to the camera and has a lock mechanism/latch and you can easily flip it open and move your cam as needed, then reconnect it in a snap! I'm sure there are other tripods that do this, but it's a nice feature and works well for the "amateur" feeling you mentioned :)

Reactions: EmiliaSong
Status
Not open for further replies.