AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New girl here needing advice on tipping in free chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRose

Inactive Cam Model
May 27, 2018
USA
Twitter Username
@vicki_vixxen
Hi, I am a new cam model, just starting out. Have been working maybe a week now on two sites. Currently I am just doing this part-time to see how it turns out for me, for the most part, I really enjoy what I am doing and it shows in my performance when I am doing a show. My question however is about tipping in the free chat area. Do you ask for guys to tip you with tokens for a peak or do you just randomly show a little and hope they will tip you? I do not want to appear desperate but asking for tips all the time in free chat. I do not want to reveal too much in free chat, otherwise that is just going to give all the freeloaders a free show. I mean, I get enough questions from guys PMing me and asking me to show my tits or ass or more. I do have the option of turning the PM off and I ended up having to do that last night. I know, I have a lot to learn still and I am reading all the guides that are available to us, I just had this question about tipping in free chat though. One of the guides, I read said not to show anything in free chat, that is what private chat is for, if this is the case, what are some good teasers to get guys to go into private chat with you?

PinkLady

I'm new too and not really sure what sites you're using and how those differ from the site I use (MFC), but I know for MFC models have tip menus for things like flashes. You don't do it unless tipped for it, or else that sets a precedent of doing things for free when you want to/say you charge for them.

Depends what site you're on, with mfc you can make a tip menu so people will tip off that for flashes and things. Alot of people just tip if they like you or a story you're telling. On streammate though it's all about privates so yeah no need to give anything away in free chat I suppose. It depends alot on the sites you have chosen x

• Helpful!
Reactions: DanniMFC
Not sure what the confusion is. Most models have a tip menu - you tip it you get it but many don't have a tip menu but will flash and do things when they feel they are receiving enough tips, its all rather the same thing.

Thank you :DI am on streammate and webcammodels.com.
Definitely don't show anything for free in streamate. Anyone asking for something for free very likely has no intention of ever paying you anything. You can offer flashes, etc for gold but you can't show genitals in free chat. Lot's of models do flashes and stuff for tips but thats up to you, you can ask them to take you private if you prefer. Just don't do anything in the first 30 seconds of a private because people will try to scam you that way too, if they leave in under 30 seconds in private/exclusive they don't have to pay.

also in streamate its not really about tips, you probably won't get tips for nothing (though there are some people who will do it) but tips shouldn't really be the main source of your income and I wouldn't worry about it

Thank you Asia, it was mainly webcammodels.com I was referring to in regards to tipping. You did answer my question though :) I am not going to worry about it and just focus on being myself and enjoying my time online as well as achieving my goal to get guys to go into private chat with me.

Reactions: asia_lynn
also in streamate its not really about tips, you probably won't get tips for nothing (though there are some people who will do it) but tips shouldn't really be the main source of your income and I wouldn't worry about it

I'd just like to make the distinction between stray tipping (flashing for boobs.. etc) vs gold show tipping (to buy into or being top tipper for show benefits) here since we're talking about a newer model. There are many SM models that are successful from gold shows than actual privates. Since gold is used in both, your statement might be confusing to a new model.

• Helpful!
Reactions: asia_lynn
Thank you for this Smuser69. I have not done any Gold shows yet but then I am just starting out too. Today was a slow day for me on WCM. I was on for three hours and only received two private chats, that did not last very long and only two guys tjpped me in the free chat area. I was doing all the right things, I even made a tip menu. Not complaining though, I know their is going to be slow days like this on any site. I did have fun though and this is most important. How do you keep guys to stay in private chat with you longer?

Thank you for this Smuser69. I have not done any Gold shows yet but then I am just starting out too. Today was a slow day for me on WCM. I was on for three hours and only received two private chats, that did not last very long and only two guys tjpped me in the free chat area. I was doing all the right things, I even made a tip menu. Not complaining though, I know their is going to be slow days like this on any site. I did have fun though and this is most important. How do you keep guys to stay in private chat with you longer?

I kind of want to answer this although it feels a little awkward to say it and I am observing from the wrong side perhaps. In my opinion there are some guys who stay 5 minutes or less no matter what you do. For the other guys you need to be a little bit of a psychologist. Some will test you to see if you will do what they want. Some like to flirt and that is as important as the show. Some like to feel a connection and the conversation helps. In the end most want to do their business and think you had a good time too. Stretching a private session beyond what feels good for both of you is probably not good but if you get a sense for what the customer wants sometimes you can spend a lot more time doing that than any actual sexual acts. I guess the basic answer is follow them, talk if they talk, perform if they just watch, tease if they beg lol. You may be surprised to find some will just want to talk also. Of course that is privates and tip shows are totally different. In general I think you will find more people wanting a connection of some sort in private shows however.

Reactions: Moffle
there are some guys who stay 5 minutes or less no matter what you do.

I'd wager that 90% of them are the ones who wait till they're about to cum before going private. Though there is also the opposite, there are guys who will go private for ages and take it slow, chat afterwards, etc, and even dudes who just want to talk one-on-one.

Reactions: Toya uk
I agree with you SaffronBurke, most of the guys I have had wait until they are just about ready to cum and then go private, hopefully I will get some guys that just want to talk or at least take their time with me. I had to take off work today, no sleep last night and going on cam looking tired is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.