AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to camming here! Lots of questions! Tips appreciated!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

• no

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I'm skeptic but I wouldn't COMPLETELY rule it out...

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • What kind of question is that?... You're crazy.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I don't get messed up in that crap.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2013
Hi everyone! My name is Alexa nice to meet you all. I'm 19.

So I decided I wanted to get into the cam girl biz but not without getting some expert advice and answers.

So my first question is; How are cam girls paid? Do we get a check through the mail (cash or check)? Can we use paypal? I'm concerned because I don't have a bank account open at the moment and I live with my totally religious grandma and I don't want her finding out...

Second question; What cheap camera should I buy that's good quality in both audio and visually? Hopefully something I can pick up at walmart or something would be great...

Third question: Which cam sites are best to sign up with that have geographical blocking? There are several states I would prefer to be blocked in.

Ummm.. I think those are all my questions for now.. so please post away and help me out. :)

Re: New to camming here! Lots of questions! Tips appreciated

Miss_Lollipop said:
So I'm a bit confused as to why we are asking questions about ghosts and spirits? LOL in a thread where you'er asking for camming advice???

My thoughts exactly.

Attachments

• tumblr_mbubfiD0In1qd80hwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mbubfiD0In1qd80hwo1_500.gif
    176.9 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: Shaun__

Welcome to ACF!
Others here are far more qualified to answer your questions than me, but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.
I don't believe that PayPal's an option with MFC. Check, I'm not so sure about.
The Logitech 9000 and C910 seem to be the webcams of choice these days.
MFC seems to be the most popular, although as far as "best" opinions will vary a lot. They do also offer the kind of blocking you're looking for.
Best of luck in your future camming endeavours! :)

Miss_Lollipop said:
So I'm a bit confused as to why we are asking questions about ghosts and spirits? LOL in a thread where you'er asking for camming advice???

Because I like ghosts? It's MY poll. ;)

emptiedglass said:
Welcome to ACF!
Others here are far more qualified to answer your questions than me, but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.
I don't believe that PayPal's an option with MFC. Check, I'm not so sure about.
The Logitech 9000 and C910 seem to be the webcams of choice these days.
MFC seems to be the most popular, although as far as "best" opinions will vary a lot. They do also offer the kind of blocking you're looking for.
Best of luck in your future camming endeavours! :)

Thank you. :D

Well I literally just got home from watching ghost stuff at my friend's house for the last 4 hours and am trying to get ready for sleep so am more than slightly creeped out by your survey. But voted yes.
Begin cam-ghost nightmares.

Reactions: emptiedglass

StarOnTheRight said:

So I decided I wanted to get into the cam girl biz but not without getting some expert advice and answers.

So my first question is; How are cam girls paid? Do we get a check through the mail (cash or check)? Can we use paypal? I'm concerned because I don't have a bank account open at the moment and I live with my totally religious grandma and I don't want her finding out...

Second question; What cheap camera should I buy that's good quality in both audio and visually? Hopefully something I can pick up at walmart or something would be great...

Third question: Which cam sites are best to sign up with that have geographical blocking? There are several states I would prefer to be blocked in.

Ummm.. I think those are all my questions for now.. so please post away and help me out. :)

Good for you for researching a bit before starting camming! :) And welcome to ACF.

So, few things: every camsite is different, has different pros and cons, and different payment methods. Most sites will send checks, do bank transfers, or load onto a Payoneer card (think like a debit card that doesn't need a bank account). Most likely Payoneer would be best for you if you don't have a bank account. PayPal is a HUGE no-no for adult sites, and if you use PayPal as an option you're likely to have your PP account frozen/funds withheld.

I started with a cheap webcam from Walmart- most of the Logitechs are pretty good.

The top sites are MyFreeCams, Streamate, Chaturbate. All allow geoblocking, but if you go with Streamate, and geoblock, you'll get very little traffic in your room.

Quick question- if you live with your grandma, and you know she won't approve, are you sure you want to do this? How will you keep her from finding out? How will you explain the sudden influx of cash/nice things you might have? What if she finds out, will you stop camming or move out? Can you deal with possibly alienating your family over this?

I really hope this won't come across as harsh, but I just want to emphasize you need to consider the seriously negative aspects of camming. You can be alienated from those you care about, you might have a real life enemy tell your personal info to your room, you might be stalked or harassed, you might have your computer hacked or DDOS'd, you might have this come back to bite you when you apply for a "normal" job. Think hard and long about it, as once you're out there, you're out there. There's never a guarantee that if you just forget about camming, that it'll forget about you.

If you decide the risks are worth it, definitely research the different sites and see which you'd prefer. And then, of course, come back here- we have lots of helpful info in the Models Only section, which you can read once you join a site and get verified here. :)

Good luck!

LuckySmiles said:
Well I literally just got home from watching ghost stuff at my friend's house for the last 4 hours and am trying to get ready for sleep so am more than slightly creeped out by your survey. But voted yes.
Begin cam-ghost nightmares.

Haha. I know I was watching ghost videos earlier hence the poll.

StarOnTheRight said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Around here we like to keep things kinda organized.. a poll about ghosts and spirits while very interesting to me, doesn't belong in the same thread as you asking for camming advice. Maybe you could start it as a random discussion thread in the random discussion part of this board?

to answer your questions - you can get paid a variety of different ways in the USA. Checks, direct deposit and a payment loaded to a card called Payoneer (a prepaid cc essentially) are three common ways - there are more.

Paypal is never an option from a reputable cam site - most camgirls get shut down. They do not allow adult activity of any kind.

Cams - you need a logitech of some kind, usually c910/20 or 9000. These are not usually carried by walmart but can be picked up at best buy or online. Having a quality cam is crucial. Its VERY hard to do well with a bad quality camera.

As far as state blocking MFC allows it, but be aware its VERY easy to get around state blocks with Proxies. If someone really wants to see you they can, but it does decrease the chances that someone will stumble across you. Your image and or video feed can also be taken, recorded and posted to sties like xhamster - or torrents. Meaning someone from a blocked state could easily stumble across stuff like that.

I believe streammate allows state blocking but it puts you further down on their pages?? (meaning less traffic?) I'm sure a streamate lady will correct me if I'm wrong (I have never worked on that site)

be aware (in case your grandma claims you as a dependant) that all income is reported to the IRS usually through a 1099.. and you must pay taxes (usually around 30% for self employed) on the money you recieve. That means that for every $1 a camsite sends you, around 30 cents needs to go to the IRS quaterly.

Sprinkles26 said:
StarOnTheRight said:

Good for you for researching a bit before starting camming! :) And welcome to ACF.

So, few things: every camsite is different, has different pros and cons, and different payment methods. Most sites will send checks, do bank transfers, or load onto a Payoneer card (think like a debit card that doesn't need a bank account). Most likely Payoneer would be best for you if you don't have a bank account. PayPal is a HUGE no-no for adult sites, and if you use PayPal as an option you're likely to have your PP account frozen/funds withheld.

I started with a cheap webcam from Walmart- most of the Logitechs are pretty good.

The top sites are MyFreeCams, Streamate, Chaturbate. All allow geoblocking, but if you go with Streamate, and geoblock, you'll get very little traffic in your room.

Quick question- if you live with your grandma, and you know she won't approve, are you sure you want to do this? How will you keep her from finding out? How will you explain the sudden influx of cash/nice things you might have? What if she finds out, will you stop camming or move out? Can you deal with possibly alienating your family over this?

I really hope this won't come across as harsh, but I just want to emphasize you need to consider the seriously negative aspects of camming. You can be alienated from those you care about, you might have a real life enemy tell your personal info to your room, you might be stalked or harassed, you might have your computer hacked or DDOS'd, you might have this come back to bite you when you apply for a "normal" job. Think hard and long about it, as once you're out there, you're out there. There's never a guarantee that if you just forget about camming, that it'll forget about you.

If you decide the risks are worth it, definitely research the different sites and see which you'd prefer. And then, of course, come back here- we have lots of helpful info in the Models Only section, which you can read once you join a site and get verified here. :)

Good luck!

None taken they're valid questions and definitely something to think about! To answer your questions, my whole family is religious and I have always been planning to leave the religion anyways. The thing with this religion is once you leave your family and everyone else in the church must shun you. So honestly, I have nothing to lose. And I'm dating a boy who's not in the religion anyways (a huge no-no) and I'm going to be shunned for that anyways and I'm madly in love with him. Btw he's all for it so no worries there. And as for the cash thing I'm going to be discreet.. I have a small business online already so all I have to do is not flaunt what I'm getting in front of her and things will turn out fine. I plan on moving in with my boyfriend in September anyways.

Your advice was great I really appreciate it!

Miss_Lollipop said:
StarOnTheRight said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Around here we like to keep things kinda organized.. a poll about ghosts and spirits while very interesting to me, doesn't belong in the same thread as you asking for camming advice. Maybe you could start it as a random discussion thread in the random discussion part of this board?

to answer your questions - you can get paid a variety of different ways in the USA. Checks, direct deposit and a payment loaded to a card called Payoneer (a prepaid cc essentially) are three common ways - there are more.

Paypal is never an option from a reputable cam site - most camgirls get shut down. They do not allow adult activity of any kind.

Cams - you need a logitech of some kind, usually c910/20 or 9000. These are not usually carried by walmart but can be picked up at best buy or online. Having a quality cam is crucial. Its VERY hard to do well with a bad quality camera.

As far as state blocking MFC allows it, but be aware its VERY easy to get around state blocks with Proxies. If someone really wants to see you they can, but it does decrease the chances that someone will stumble across you. Your image and or video feed can also be taken, recorded and posted to sties like xhamster - or torrents. Meaning someone from a blocked state could easily stumble across stuff like that.

I believe streammate allows state blocking but it puts you further down on their pages?? (meaning less traffic?) I'm sure a streamate lady will correct me if I'm wrong (I have never worked on that site)

be aware (in case your grandma claims you as a dependant) that all income is reported to the IRS usually through a 1099.. and you must pay taxes (usually around 30% for self employed) on the money you recieve. That means that for every $1 a camsite sends you, around 30 cents needs to go to the IRS quaterly.

Oh lol. Sorry. :p I'll keep that in mind. XD

And thank you for the heads up on everything by the way. :)

StarOnTheRight said:
How are cam girls paid? Do we get a check through the mail (cash or check)? Can we use paypal? I'm concerned because I don't have a bank account open at the moment and I live with my totally religious grandma and I don't want her finding out...

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

NEVER use PayPal. PayPal has a strict policy about 'no adult transactions', and models can get suspended/banned from PP and have all their earning taken away. DON'T do it. Even if you see a few other models accepting PayPal...just don't do it.

I get paid via Payoneer card on all the cam sites I'm on. I've never liked waiting around for a check to arrive in the mail.

I'm pretty sure Logitech is the most trusted brand in webcams. Logitech C910 HD is great (It's what I have at the moment, but I hear they're discontinued now?), and I hear other models recommending the Logitech Pro 9000 and Logitech C920 too (Logitech C920 is newer). Check on Amazon.com or other sites for these. I know that my local Walmart doesn't have any of these models. They have a bunch of other webcams on their shelf that look like they suck ass...lol. You might as well get into camming using one of the better quality cams, as opposed to getting something "cheap" and not-that-great. Cam site members have no problem blurting out to a model "Your cam sucks." LOL.

Streamate and ImLive allow you to block states. AdultWork is a UK-based cam site, and I don't think I've seen info on there about blocking locations, though you should be fine because, again, most of the guys on there are from the U.K. Since you're a brand new cam model, I'm not going to recommend MyFreeCams. It's a great site, in my opinion, but it's not exactly a good beginner site for new cam models. You should start out somewhere like the sites I mentioned above.

My random suggestions:

1. Start out on streamate, not MFC. Your first 8 hours live on MFC are critical, and if you don't earn a lot of money right then, you'll have a hard time climbing after. It can be done, but it will leave you hurting for money. So, start on Streamate. Figure out what you're cool with, what your boyfriend is cool with, and build your business (because camming is a business, make no mistake about that.) Streamate is more forgiving about having a rough start.

2. Make sure you have all the equipment you need and are comfortable with using it before you start on MFC. I'd also recommend you wait until a few months after you move in with your boyfriend before you start MFC. Let him get used to his live-in girlfriend cumming for strange men before he has to get used to you building relationships with the men you're cumming for. You CAN sign up for MFC now to reserve your screen name. As long as you don't log into the broadcaster, you won't use your 8 hours with the "new model" tag.

3. Make sure you read the rules on Streamate. MFC is pretty lax about their rules, but Streamate does ban rule-breakers. After your first day, message support about getting the break button.

Reactions: Sevrin

LadyLuna said:
My random suggestions:

1. Start out on streamate, not MFC. Your first 8 hours live on MFC are critical, and if you don't earn a lot of money right then, you'll have a hard time climbing after. It can be done, but it will leave you hurting for money. So, start on Streamate. Figure out what you're cool with, what your boyfriend is cool with, and build your business (because camming is a business, make no mistake about that.) Streamate is more forgiving about having a rough start.

2. Make sure you have all the equipment you need and are comfortable with using it before you start on MFC. I'd also recommend you wait until a few months after you move in with your boyfriend before you start MFC. Let him get used to his live-in girlfriend cumming for strange men before he has to get used to you building relationships with the men you're cumming for. You CAN sign up for MFC now to reserve your screen name. As long as you don't log into the broadcaster, you won't use your 8 hours with the "new model" tag.

3. Make sure you read the rules on Streamate. MFC is pretty lax about their rules, but Streamate does ban rule-breakers. After your first day, message support about getting the break button.

All good advice. :clap:

Personally, I would suggest waiting a bit before starting to cam altogether, and spend your time perving, instead. It sounds like, quite aside from the grandma thing, you have many distractions in your life right now. If you want to be successful, camming will take a lot of focus, and those distractions will interfere. You also need to make sure that camming is really what you want to do and be good at, and not just something to piss off your family with. Good luck.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.