AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Chaturbate!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetSamara

Cam Model
Jan 16, 2015
AZ
Twitter Username
@SamaraMoon__
Tumblr Username
lunarmunchkinqueen
MFC Username
SamaraMoon
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/464209/SamaraMoon/
So I am new to camming on chaturbate. I currently broadcasting as I type this. I've been on for about an hour and barely anyone has come in my room. I'm not sure if I've even sure if my cam and mic are working properly. Or maybe I'm lagging idk. But I was expected a lot more traffic because I thought I'd have a new model tag of some sort. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So I am in need of some help or advise on what I am doing wrong or what? Please help! I had high hope for chaturbate!

• Hugs
Reactions: SammySammy
So I am new to camming on chaturbate. I currently broadcasting as I type this. I've been on for about an hour and barely anyone has come in my room. I'm not sure if I've even sure if my cam and mic are working properly. Or maybe I'm lagging idk. But I was expected a lot more traffic because I thought I'd have a new model tag of some sort. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So I am in need of some help or advise on what I am doing wrong or what? Please help! I had high hope for chaturbate!
If you are here writing this while on cam you are probably not the most entertaining model to watch. Users don’t show up out of the blue for anyone, you have to work at being worth watching, the new tag won’t make you interesting in and on itself.

Upvote 0
Try to use some bots and set some goals (if we reach xx tokens I will do xx thing), use hashtags too.
I am new too. Don't be afraid of who's trying to put you down. Just try to do your best :)
I feel you. Also in my room come a lot of colored users that just watch (few of them tip and talk). I think a lot of users just try to have things for free from new models and keep the tokens for who does extreem things or for well known models.
Stream everyday (now that you have the ''new'' tag for 7 days), so at least you will have more followers (= probably more tips in future).

• Helpful!
Reactions: SweetSamara
Upvote 0
When Chaturbate is being slow for models, its always a good idea to have something with you either a game or colouring book on hand, not only does this give you something to do, but it can also be a conversation starter ;)

As Sammy has said hashtags, apps & bots are a good way to go. Some models do take a while to get some regulars and conversations going, not everyone has it easy and can get 100's or even 1000's of users in their room.

BTW you may not know, but CB does have a certain glitch that splits the rooms into two, so you could be in your room be yourself waiting for users to come in, but users are trying to talk to you in another chat. When this happens you need to refresh to see their conversations. To check to see if this is happening to you, use a different browser to check you room (without logging into CB).

Upvote 0
You do have a new model tag...for 7 days use that to your advantage and hashtags are also super helpful

I personally don't like to type or fiddle with any electronics during my show and just listen to non copy written music and jiggle my boobs a lot or rub when times are slow, I will ask people how they are doing and greet everyone, so that makes it look like im chatting even when im not really

you are very beautiful so try to smile a lot and remember the page refreshes and gives a new thumbnail often <every 30 secs i think?> so you want to be interesting to the main viewers as often as possible

Upvote 0
If you are here writing this while on cam you are probably not the most entertaining model to watch. Users don’t show up out of the blue for anyone, you have to work at being worth watching, the new tag won’t make you interesting in and on itself.

....uh lol well I wouldn't be so quick to say "I'm not entertaining" just because I was here writing a message trying to get some help on what I may be doing wrong in terms of setting things up. Keep in mind it only took a moment to come on here and write a message. I wasn't doing that the whole time. I tried many things to see if I could get more people in my room and talking. I said hi to the very few ppl that popped in and politely asked them if then could see and hear me ok. No one answered I even got my boobs out to see if that would do anything. As well as getting on Instagram live for a sec to see if I could attract ppl from there. But nothing was working. So that was the point I thought maybe something was wrong with the cam or maybe I didn't set something up right. And I decided to come here and write a message. It literally took a minute then I was back to my chatroom. Maybe you should come to my room next time so you can actually see what I'm doing before you decide that I'm not entertaining.

Reactions: Lunasha and JyJy
Upvote 0
Try to use some bots and set some goals (if we reach xx tokens I will do xx thing), use hashtags too.
I am new too. Don't be afraid of who's trying to put you down. Just try to do your best :)
I feel you. Also in my room come a lot of colored users that just watch (few of them tip and talk). I think a lot of users just try to have things for free from new models and keep the tokens for who does extreem things or for well known models.
Stream everyday (now that you have the ''new'' tag for 7 days), so at least you will have more followers (= probably more tips in future).

See I'm used to mfc so the bots and hashtags are new to me. And I was using them. I had a naked goal set at 1000 and I had a tip menu running in chat or so I thought. I couldn't even tell if they were working. Also does the new model tag start when I broadcast the first time or when I create my account??? I was confused about that. I can't really cam everyday because I do have another job. A I've been on a camming hiatus for a over a year so I'm kinda starting from scratch.

Reactions: JyJy
Upvote 0
[QUOTE="roydz, post: 962798, member: 12016"

BTW you may not know, but CB does have a certain glitch that splits the rooms into two, so you could be in your room be yourself waiting for users to come in, but users are trying to talk to you in another chat. When this happens you need to refresh to see their conversations. To check to see if this is happening to you, use a different browser to check you room (without logging into CB).[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was worried about and why I came here. It felt like something glitchy like that was happening and I did try to go to another browser and see if I could see myself on a chaturbate page. There isn't a search feature so I wasn't sure how to find myself. And thats definitely an annoying glitch that I wish I knew about earlier. And thank you very much for this reply. Its the help I was looking for

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
You do have a new model tag...for 7 days use that to your advantage and hashtags are also super helpful

I personally don't like to type or fiddle with any electronics during my show and just listen to non copy written music and jiggle my boobs a lot or rub when times are slow, I will ask people how they are doing and greet everyone, so that makes it look like im chatting even when im not really

you are very beautiful so try to smile a lot and remember the page refreshes and gives a new thumbnail often <every 30 secs i think?> so you want to be interesting to the main viewers as often as possible

Non copy written music. Is that a rule on chaturbate. Like I can't just play spotify?

Upvote 0
Non copy written music. Is that a rule on chaturbate. Like I can't just play spotify?

Anything that comes with a copyright can get you a warning from Chaturbate, this includes, movies, tv, games, music etc...

Models who have played games while on cam (pointing the webcam at the tv that has the game on screen) have received warnings and a ban if the ignore the warnings, same with rebroadcasting tv events etc.

To get to your own page, just open a browser and in the url copy your own broadcast page but remove the '/b' between chaturbate and your username. For example, your broadcast page 'chaturbate (dot) com/b/samaramoon/' is normally 'chaturbate (dot) com/samaramoon/' for everyone else. Just take note that if you have your area blocked you won't be able to visit your own page.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Anything that comes with a copyright can get you a warning from Chaturbate, this includes, movies, tv, games, music etc...

Models who have played games while on cam (pointing the webcam at the tv that has the game on screen) have received warnings and a ban if the ignore the warnings, same with rebroadcasting tv events etc.

To get to your own page, just open a browser and in the url copy your own broadcast page but remove the '/b' between chaturbate and your username. For example, your broadcast page 'chaturbate (dot) com/b/samaramoon/' is normally 'chaturbate (dot) com/samaramoon/' for everyone else. Just take note that if you have your area blocked you won't be able to visit your own page.

First of all thank you this is very helpful.
Now I realize I probably wasn't seeing myself because I have my own state blocked. Make sense now. And do you have an suggestions how what music I should play. Is there a playlist of good non copyright music that I can play??

Upvote 0
....uh lol well I wouldn't be so quick to say "I'm not entertaining" just because I was here writing a message trying to get some help on what I may be doing wrong in terms of setting things up. Keep in mind it only took a moment to come on here and write a message. I wasn't doing that the whole time. I tried many things to see if I could get more people in my room and talking. I said hi to the very few ppl that popped in and politely asked them if then could see and hear me ok. No one answered I even got my boobs out to see if that would do anything. As well as getting on Instagram live for a sec to see if I could attract ppl from there. But nothing was working. So that was the point I thought maybe something was wrong with the cam or maybe I didn't set something up right. And I decided to come here and write a message. It literally took a minute then I was back to my chatroom. Maybe you should come to my room next time so you can actually see what I'm doing before you decide that I'm not entertaining.

I am sorry if my message made you feel attacked, it was not my intention when I wrote it. Some models come from Streamate and they think they can still do the things they do there: chat with people in another window, write an email, come to the forums, etc. On a token site like Chaturbate you have to be “on” every single second. You say you streamed for 1 hour yeah? In that hour you tried to set up Instagram live and you also came here and wrote this OP. Between the 2 things I bet it was a chunk of time: 10, 15 minutes. That’s 2 TV segments. It’s an eternity. It might seem like nothing to you but it’s the difference between someone staying in your room vs. leaving.

1 hour in CB times is NOTHING. Nothing happens for me on the 1st hour and I have 160k followers on CB. It requires patience and entertainment to see your room numbers go up.

Upvote 0
I am sorry if my message made you feel attacked, it was not my intention when I wrote it. Some models come from Streamate and they think they can still do the things they do there: chat with people in another window, write an email, come to the forums, etc. On a token site like Chaturbate you have to be “on” every single second. You say you streamed for 1 hour yeah? In that hour you tried to set up Instagram live and you also came here and wrote this OP. Between the 2 things I bet it was a chunk of time: 10, 15 minutes. That’s 2 TV segments. It’s an eternity. It might seem like nothing to you but it’s the difference between someone staying in your room vs. leaving.

1 hour in CB times is NOTHING. Nothing happens for me on the 1st hour and I have 160k followers on CB. It requires patience and entertainment to see your room numbers go up.

Kinda hard to entertain an empty room. There was maybe at most people 6 that can into my room. Which seems weird for a new model. I believe there was some sort of glitch happening that was out of my control. I was on for about 2 hours. 6 in that time does not seem right so I'm pretty sure there was something else happen. Also the bots didn't seem to be working

"you may not know, but CB does have a certain glitch that splits the rooms into two, so you could be in your room be yourself waiting for users to come in, but users are trying to talk to you in another chat."

^I'm pretty sure something like this was happening

Upvote 0
Kinda hard to entertain an empty room. There was maybe at most people 6 that can into my room. Which seems weird for a new model. I believe there was some sort of glitch happening that was out of my control. I was on for about 2 hours. 6 in that time does not seem right so I'm pretty sure there was something else happen. Also the bots didn't seem to be working

"you may not know, but CB does have a certain glitch that splits the rooms into two, so you could be in your room be yourself waiting for users to come in, but users are trying to talk to you in another chat."

Could be, Chaturbate has many glitches that could be the cause for the super low room counts.. like the chat glitch someone mentioned. If nobody posts anything in your chat, it is worth a refresh. Also check your equipment and connection, follow this list:

1) Run a speedtest before your session. Get an ethernet cord, is best for streaming, much better and stable than wifi.
2) Get a Logitech webcam, most models are good enough so you dont have to get the priciest ones at first if you are in a budget, but you do need an external webcam because the in-built ones suck.
3) Lights, you need to be well lit for them to see you. If you have nice windows you can go with natural light.
4) Mic, make sure they can hear you too, ask them if your voice is coming through, if your music volume is alright, etc.
5) Be entertaining! Even if there is only 5 people watching you, you have to always act like there are hundreds in the room.

Upvote 0

Was it 6 people at a time or 6 people total?

Upvote 0
Could be, Chaturbate has many glitches that could be the cause for the super low room counts.. like the chat glitch someone mentioned. If nobody posts anything in your chat, it is worth a refresh. Also check your equipment and connection, follow this list:

1) Run a speedtest before your session. Get an ethernet cord, is best for streaming, much better and stable than wifi.
2) Get a Logitech webcam, most models are good enough so you dont have to get the priciest ones at first if you are in a budget, but you do need an external webcam because the in-built ones suck.
3) Lights, you need to be well lit for them to see you. If you have nice windows you can go with natural light.
4) Mic, make sure they can hear you too, ask them if your voice is coming through, if your music volume is alright, etc.
5) Be entertaining! Even if there is only 5 people watching you, you have to always act like there are hundreds in the room.

I did all of this. Trust me as I said before I am not knew to this. I used the same internet I have always used to cam and it's never been a problem. Every thing seemed fine. My sound was picking up and my light was decent. I don't have high quality lighting equipment so I have to work with what I have which is a bunch of lamps with daylight bulbs.
And being entertaining is so subjective. Like tell me what your definition of "being entertaining" is. I'm just curious what you have in mind. Cause to be honest I am not the most entertaining person in the world. I'm super introverted. And I was very nervous yesterday to come back to cam. I didn't really know what to do with myself especially when there's no one talking or tipping for anything.

Upvote 0
I did all of this. Trust me as I said before I am not knew to this. I used the same internet I have always used to cam and it's never been a problem. Every thing seemed fine. My sound was picking up and my light was decent. I don't have high quality lighting equipment so I have to work with what I have which is a bunch of lamps with daylight bulbs.
And being entertaining is so subjective. Like tell me what your definition of "being entertaining" is.

well, looks like you don't need any help then! go write to support or create a new account

Upvote 0
See I'm used to mfc so the bots and hashtags are new to me. And I was using them. I had a naked goal set at 1000 and I had a tip menu running in chat or so I thought. I couldn't even tell if they were working. Also does the new model tag start when I broadcast the first time or when I create my account??? I was confused about that. I can't really cam everyday because I do have another job. A I've been on a camming hiatus for a over a year so I'm kinda starting from scratch.
Hi, the new tag starts the moment your account is verified by CB staff (even if you don't stream that week).

Upvote 0
6 people total. user list would say 6 then hop back to just 1. And whats with the anon users?

That is def a room glitch, when that happens you have to refresh your room to go into the room with the 6 that are there ;) Some users don't bother looking at the userlist when this happens and think that you'll automatically talk to them when they enter your room.

Its only regulars to CB that know about the room split glitch. CB was supposed to of fixed that glitch but it still happens now and again.

BTW.. what @Mila_ just suggested to make a new account to get the 'NEW' tag wont help as once you are verified on CB, the 'NEW' tag will only last for so long. As you're already verified on the system, you won't appear on the site as a New model any longer. Just stick with the account you have and keep at it :)

Its hard work, but the hard work does pay off ;)

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
One way to try and increase traffic is to advertise. Platforms like twitter, tumblr, puts your content on the same level as everyone else. Find some tags, post, hopefully get some followers, get some traffic.

Upvote 0
BTW.. what @Mila_ just suggested to make a new account to get the 'NEW' tag wont help as once you are verified on CB, the 'NEW' tag will only last for so long. As you're already verified on the system, you won't appear on the site as a New model any longer. Just stick with the account you have and keep at it

I didn't tell her to create a new account to get the "new" tag again. I told her to do it in case the problem with her account is something she touched in the settings, for example, making her room "unlisted". Some models have also said in M.O that their room had no traffic at all and they opened a second account and the room had more visibility. I don't know the cause of it, but it happens. If you happen to be the same guy who I already had a riff raff on twitter with I would like to ask you to refrain from engaging with whatever I post. I find you beyond annoying.

Reactions: Lua Moon
Upvote 0
BTW you may not know, but CB does have a certain glitch that splits the rooms into two, so you could be in your room be yourself waiting for users to come in, but users are trying to talk to you in another chat. When this happens you need to refresh to see their conversations. To check to see if this is happening to you, use a different browser to check you room (without logging into CB).

Can you explain that glitch in more detail, or maybe point to a thread where it is discussed? That's horrible. If a model refreshes she is going to lose all her PM tabs?

Upvote 0

I have never seen your room, so maybe there is a technical issue. But if there is not a technical glitch, then in general there are at least four different strategies that I have identified successful models using to boost viewer counts.

Conversation Strategy: these are usually highly verbal models who interact with everyone posting a comment verbally. All of the top-tier models seem to excel at this.

Dancing Strategy: This strategy is all about energetic movement, typically dancing to the camera.

Posing Strategy: This strategy is all about moving around and changing positions, and giving people interesting visuals. It does not require full nudity.

Sex Strategy: This strategy is usually about doing sexual shows around the clock. It is usually a poor strategy because you end up with a room filled with viewers, and very few send tips. So you have given away most of your sexual value for free in a public show. If CB were sharing advertising revenue with you - which it does not - then this strategy would have great financial benefits.

There might be other strategies, but these are the main ones I have identified so far. The strategy that never works is sitting down and staring at the camera. Or some models just lie on a bed in a single pose for an hour with little engagement physically or verbally. Those rooms end up with low viewer counts.

As one example of how quickly you can change your fate, one of my favorite models is a Latvian model with a beautiful face and smile who used to just sit fully clothed and stare at the camera. She averaged 30 to 50 viewers in the room. She is shy and introverted, so the conversation strategy was not going to work for her. We experimented with posing and dancing. With interesting poses that she constantly changes up, we were able to reliably get her room counts to 100. But the magic happened when we discovered that if she dances in her underwear that within 30 minutes her room counts are always reliably 200 to 350 viewers, and she gets a high tipper or a private about 50% of the time when she goes into that performance mode.

Getting her to have a self awareness about the above issues was a lot of work. It took about 45 days and lots of positive encouragement to get her to understand her own sexual power with men.

Upvote 0
Can you explain that glitch in more detail, or maybe point to a thread where it is discussed? That's horrible. If a model refreshes she is going to lose all her PM tabs?

Theres not really a thread regarding this glitch, but its well known within the CB community. Its been going on for at least a year if not 2.

The glitch happens very randomly, but the way to duplicate it is go into a models room and wait for them to go offline, you then just stay in that room until the model returns a few hours later and when the model returns CB makes a brand new chat room for the model. This will then make 2 chat rooms for 1 model.

Other times CB will make 2 chat rooms for one model by mistake as its within the coding of the site but only 1 will have the users talking away to the model, but the 2nd one will only have the model in their room on their own. The model may notice it when they look at the userlist as it'll switch between 2 numbers. 1 & the true number of users in the room, when this happens the model needs to refresh their room to join the correct chat room that CB has made.

Hope this explains it.

BTW @Mila_ I apologise getting your comment wrong regarding another account, I don't mean to sound annoying. I just try and help where I can. If you believe this is annoying I'm sorry.

Upvote 0
The glitch happens very randomly, but the way to duplicate it is go into a models room and wait for them to go offline, you then just stay in that room until the model returns a few hours later and when the model returns CB makes a brand new chat room for the model. This will then make 2 chat rooms for 1 model.

As the viewer who stays in the room while the model is offline, what am I going to see when she returns as proof that there are two rooms?

Someone should make a Youtube video on this. Sounds a little bizarre.

Upvote 0
BTW @Mila_ I apologise getting your comment wrong regarding another account, I don't mean to sound annoying. I just try and help where I can. If you believe this is annoying I'm sorry.

Here is why you are annoying.

There is Chaturbate support. There are models. A model has a problem she writes to support. We have a professional relationship. It is very straight forward, really.

Then there is you. A nobody. You aren't a model. You aren't support. Yet here you are butting in every comment and every discussion or disagreement between models and support, trying to be some sort of middle man nobody wanted. Stop.

Reactions: Gen and Emberblaze
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.