AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Chaturbate!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetSamara

Cam Model
Jan 16, 2015
AZ
Twitter Username
@SamaraMoon__
Tumblr Username
lunarmunchkinqueen
MFC Username
SamaraMoon
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/464209/SamaraMoon/
So I am new to camming on chaturbate. I currently broadcasting as I type this. I've been on for about an hour and barely anyone has come in my room. I'm not sure if I've even sure if my cam and mic are working properly. Or maybe I'm lagging idk. But I was expected a lot more traffic because I thought I'd have a new model tag of some sort. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So I am in need of some help or advise on what I am doing wrong or what? Please help! I had high hope for chaturbate!

• Hugs
Reactions: SammySammy
So I am new to camming on chaturbate. I currently broadcasting as I type this. I've been on for about an hour and barely anyone has come in my room. I'm not sure if I've even sure if my cam and mic are working properly. Or maybe I'm lagging idk. But I was expected a lot more traffic because I thought I'd have a new model tag of some sort. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So I am in need of some help or advise on what I am doing wrong or what? Please help! I had high hope for chaturbate!

Hey there, I am recently new as well. Just wanted to talk about the topic of being new. At first I tried to be very talkative, do games, and have a tip menu set up, and be very social. I found lots of freeloaders trying to get me to do free stuff. I found that it takes a good amount of people in your room to be trying out games and goals. The LUSH toy is very popular and it brings some people in my room every hour. However, after the first week, I did find it hard to have more people in my room even being so social. I cam about 5 hours a day for 5 days a week with no breaks. I spend alot of time promoting privates & c2c in my room title instead. I have about 2 privates a day so far and have been building up regulars who enjoy talking to me as well from this. So half of my room comes from people that enjoy seeing me with the Lush Toy and many purples & light blues asking about requests or privates. I have stopped with goals, games, and being "entertaining". I have just mostly been quiet BUT mostly smiley and greeting those who say Hi to me. I always give any light blue/purples a PM back because those guys are truly interested in spending a long time or seeing a good show with you in PVT. I have 1 or 2 days that are slow that I make decent. Then I have days where I make triple the amount. So I make twice as much as my last full-time job. So the type of people I am attracting are those who want quality 1 on 1 time and I end up talking to them in public chat alot and built up regulars from that. We talk alot about games and movies as well. Just be confident, natural, and sincere and people will want to spend quality time with you. That's what works for me now. I will definitely try more games and goals in the future when I build up a good amount of regulars. It just takes time and consistency. Just don't even give free or cheaper stuff away. It is not worth it in the long run. This is just my experience and it is just a different approach to try if the goals/games thing isn't working as well if you are getting tight on money any time. This is just my advice from camming 2 weeks in! Hope to hear what works out for you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Osyrus and Mila_
Upvote 0
Hey there, I am recently new as well. Just wanted to talk about the topic of being new. At first I tried to be very talkative, do games, and have a tip menu set up, and be very social. I found lots of freeloaders trying to get me to do free stuff. I found that it takes a good amount of people in your room to be trying out games and goals. The LUSH toy is very popular and it brings some people in my room every hour. However, after the first week, I did find it hard to have more people in my room even being so social. I cam about 5 hours a day for 5 days a week with no breaks. I spend alot of time promoting privates & c2c in my room title instead. I have about 2 privates a day so far and have been building up regulars who enjoy talking to me as well from this. So half of my room comes from people that enjoy seeing me with the Lush Toy and many purples & light blues asking about requests or privates. I have stopped with goals, games, and being "entertaining". I have just mostly been quiet BUT mostly smiley and greeting those who say Hi to me. I always give any light blue/purples a PM back because those guys are truly interested in spending a long time or seeing a good show with you in PVT. I have 1 or 2 days that are slow that I make decent. Then I haI am happy when a girl shares her experience and it is positive even without being the person who earns more money or has more viewers and followers on her site and social networks, I wish you the best of luck, enter your room and I saw your cell phone nearby, away from you .. the spectators must feel that you are there without distraction just for themve days where I make triple the amount. So I make twice as much as my last full-time job. So the type of people I am attracting are those who want quality 1 on 1 time and I end up talking to them in public chat alot and built up regulars from that. We talk alot about games and movies as well. Just be confident, natural, and sincere and people will want to spend quality time with you. That's what works for me now. I will definitely try more games and goals in the future when I build up a good amount of regulars. It just takes time and consistency. Just don't even give free or cheaper stuff away. It is not worth it in the long run. This is just my experience and it is just a different approach to try if the goals/games thing isn't working as well if you are getting tight on money any time. This is just my advice from camming 2 weeks in! Hope to hear what works out for you!

I am happy when a girl shares her experience and it is positive even without being the person who earns more money or has more viewers and followers on her site and social networks, I wish you the best of luck, enter your room and I saw your cell phone nearby, away from you .. the spectators must feel that you are there without distraction just for them

Upvote 0
Hey there, I am recently new as well. Just wanted to talk about the topic of being new. At first I tried to be very talkative, do games, and have a tip menu set up, and be very social. I found lots of freeloaders trying to get me to do free stuff. I found that it takes a good amount of people in your room to be trying out games and goals. The LUSH toy is very popular and it brings some people in my room every hour. However, after the first week, I did find it hard to have more people in my room even being so social. I cam about 5 hours a day for 5 days a week with no breaks. I spend alot of time promoting privates & c2c in my room title instead. I have about 2 privates a day so far and have been building up regulars who enjoy talking to me as well from this. So half of my room comes from people that enjoy seeing me with the Lush Toy and many purples & light blues asking about requests or privates. I have stopped with goals, games, and being "entertaining". I have just mostly been quiet BUT mostly smiley and greeting those who say Hi to me. I always give any light blue/purples a PM back because those guys are truly interested in spending a long time or seeing a good show with you in PVT. I have 1 or 2 days that are slow that I make decent. Then I have days where I make triple the amount. So I make twice as much as my last full-time job. So the type of people I am attracting are those who want quality 1 on 1 time and I end up talking to them in public chat alot and built up regulars from that. We talk alot about games and movies as well. Just be confident, natural, and sincere and people will want to spend quality time with you. That's what works for me now. I will definitely try more games and goals in the future when I build up a good amount of regulars. It just takes time and consistency. Just don't even give free or cheaper stuff away. It is not worth it in the long run. This is just my experience and it is just a different approach to try if the goals/games thing isn't working as well if you are getting tight on money any time. This is just my advice from camming 2 weeks in! Hope to hear what works out for you!

Am I to understand that you figured all this out after only two weeks? If yes, you are going to hugely successful because I think you are hitting on key ingredients.

First, what you are doing is something that is one level down from a "girlfriend experience" type of interaction. You are building relationships based on conversation with a core group of regulars. It sounds easy but in my experience most models cannot do it. I think it is a key success ingredient because many of the viewers on these sites are lonely men, either coming off broken relationships or just a bit down for whatever reasons. This kind of interaction is very popular in Japan in the form of Japanese bar girls. They typically are westerners and Japanese businessmen pay good money to come in and simply have ordinary conversations and develop relationships long-term based on conversation alone, no nudity.

I also peeked at your CB profile, and your pricing suggested you have a lot of experience. The fact that you are able to get core regulars who pay you 60 tokens a minute for privates after only a few weeks on the site is stunning to me. The fact that you price remote Lovense control on a per-minute basis also shows me you have a keen mind for packaging a service as a product and pricing it. Hat tip to you.... I know models who cannot get those things right after a year on the site.

Did you use the 60 token private pricing from the first day on the site? Have you noticed any repeating pattern among the types of customers who were willing to do privates at that price? They were all people who became addicted to regular conversations with you first, then later added privates to deepen the relationship?

Upvote 0
I am happy when a girl shares her experience and it is positive even without being the person who earns more money or has more viewers and followers on her site and social networks, I wish you the best of luck, enter your room and I saw your cell phone nearby, away from you .. the spectators must feel that you are there without distraction just for them

Aww, thanks for checking out my room! Yes, I always have my phone with me on the side because I do have customers that I also communicate through phone apps for possible external privates. Chaturbate is not the only source of income for me. I only check my phone about once every hour for a few minutes to check if I have any messages. I always make sure that I am focusing on discussions in the room or greeting anyone who says hi in public chat. I know it is hard to not be on your phone when the room is slow, but I also always have a movie playing behind my webcam on silent with captions as well. I have gotten used to it. The only thing that has been bothering me is that my eyes hurt after being on for 5 hours nonstop. I am scared to take a break because I do not want to risk a chance that I miss out on a possible private but I probably should take like 15 minutes for myself in between or else my eyes will hurt alot in the long run.

Upvote 0
Am I to understand that you figured all this out after only two weeks? If yes, you are going to hugely successful because I think you are hitting on key ingredients.

First, what you are doing is something that is one level down from a "girlfriend experience" type of interaction. You are building relationships based on conversation with a core group of regulars. It sounds easy but in my experience most models cannot do it. I think it is a key success ingredient because many of the viewers on these sites are lonely men, either coming off broken relationships or just a bit down for whatever reasons. This kind of interaction is very popular in Japan in the form of Japanese bar girls. They typically are westerners and Japanese businessmen pay good money to come in and simply have ordinary conversations and develop relationships long-term based on conversation alone, no nudity.

I also peeked at your CB profile, and your pricing suggested you have a lot of experience. The fact that you are able to get core regulars who pay you 60 tokens a minute for privates after only a few weeks on the site is stunning to me. The fact that you price remote Lovense control on a per-minute basis also shows me you have a keen mind for packaging a service as a product and pricing it. Hat tip to you.... I know models who cannot get those things right after a year on the site.

Did you use the 60 token private pricing from the first day on the site? Have you noticed any repeating pattern among the types of customers who were willing to do privates at that price? They were all people who became addicted to regular conversations with you first, then later added privates to deepen the relationship?

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read my reply! Yes, I did use the 60 token per minute pricing for privates since first day. My goal was to make an average of 100 to 200 dollars per private a day. Most privates last about 30 minutes to 1 hour for me. I take time to build up the private show and ask the customer absolutely everything he would like to see. I take lots of different angles and use many different toys. It is alot of teasing and asking what else they would love to see to keep things changing up every 10 to 15 minutes. My regulars first came in to ask for private without getting to know me. I dress up as a school girl and I stopped using cosplay wigs from now on because it is more comfortable and fun to play with hair. I smile alot and talk about lots of random things in my room from time to time while teasing by slowly playing around with my crop top or playing around with my skirt/legs/feet. It is just casually play flirting basically. I think that people observe my behavior and the way I talk and then decide that they want to get to know me more "intimately" because they like my personality. I tend to smile alot and laugh from jokes from time to time. Then the regulars keep on hanging around everyday to just talk or tip my Lush toy or have another private every other day or 3 days later. It makes me happy to see familiar faces in my room, even if they are people that just casually tip for the Lush Toy. This experience is fun because I enjoy the conversations and enjoy seeing another side to the regulars in private. I am sure they feel the same as well.

Upvote 0
I have never seen your room, so maybe there is a technical issue. But if there is not a technical glitch, then in general there are at least four different strategies that I have identified successful models using to boost viewer counts.

Conversation Strategy: these are usually highly verbal models who interact with everyone posting a comment verbally. All of the top-tier models seem to excel at this.

Dancing Strategy: This strategy is all about energetic movement, typically dancing to the camera.

Posing Strategy: This strategy is all about moving around and changing positions, and giving people interesting visuals. It does not require full nudity.

Sex Strategy: This strategy is usually about doing sexual shows around the clock. It is usually a poor strategy because you end up with a room filled with viewers, and very few send tips. So you have given away most of your sexual value for free in a public show. If CB were sharing advertising revenue with you - which it does not - then this strategy would have great financial benefits.

There might be other strategies, but these are the main ones I have identified so far. The strategy that never works is sitting down and staring at the camera. Or some models just lie on a bed in a single pose for an hour with little engagement physically or verbally. Those rooms end up with low viewer counts.

As one example of how quickly you can change your fate, one of my favorite models is a Latvian model with a beautiful face and smile who used to just sit fully clothed and stare at the camera. She averaged 30 to 50 viewers in the room. She is shy and introverted, so the conversation strategy was not going to work for her. We experimented with posing and dancing. With interesting poses that she constantly changes up, we were able to reliably get her room counts to 100. But the magic happened when we discovered that if she dances in her underwear that within 30 minutes her room counts are always reliably 200 to 350 viewers, and she gets a high tipper or a private about 50% of the time when she goes into that performance mode.

Getting her to have a self awareness about the above issues was a lot of work. It took about 45 days and lots of positive encouragement to get her to understand her own sexual power with men.

Thats great! :) And lucky her! I do that all the time but still only get 40 or 50 people in my room if im lucky :nailbiting:Just get very impatience, but I guess I just have to give it time since I haven't had much time to be online in the past weeks cause Im in school and tired all the time:hungover:

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0

What time are you usually on?

Upvote 0
What time are you usually on?

I am on from Wednesday to Sunday from 6pm to 11pm EST. My 1st hour or 2 are usually slow and really picks up after that. I find around 8pm to 10pm to be best most active times for me. I have been gearing towards privates in the past weeks but recently have been incorporating more goal shows or games since now I have some regulars and get about 50 to 100 people on average at my most busiest times. I try to switch it up every day or so. This past Sunday I reached my Hitachi Cumshow Goal within an hour, and someone tipped me for Instanude, and I was tipped for the Lush as much as my goal. It was one of my best camming days. I always have 1 day of the week where I just have nothing happening for me like Wednesdays are my worst days. It could be because I take off Mondays and Tuesdays. As the week goes on, it gets better. I am planning on doing Roll-the-Dice today 9/13. Wish me luck! :)

Upvote 0
I am on from Wednesday to Sunday from 6pm to 11pm EST. My 1st hour or 2 are usually slow and really picks up after that. I find around 8pm to 10pm to be best most active times for me. I have been gearing towards privates in the past weeks but recently have been incorporating more goal shows or games since now I have some regulars and get about 50 to 100 people on average at my most busiest times. I try to switch it up every day or so. This past Sunday I reached my Hitachi Cumshow Goal within an hour, and someone tipped me for Instanude, and I was tipped for the Lush as much as my goal. It was one of my best camming days. I always have 1 day of the week where I just have nothing happening for me like Wednesdays are my worst days. It could be because I take off Mondays and Tuesdays. As the week goes on, it gets better. I am planning on doing Roll-the-Dice today 9/13. Wish me luck! :)
I read that Wednesdays are slow for girls who are not tops
they said that on that day many couples do shows and there are also great exponents so it is bad or slow for the rest... I wish you the best, I still do not transmit, I hope to continue reading your updates

Upvote 0
I was able to get like 100 people in my room after the 1st hour with a decent amount of purples and blues. I put up Roll the Dice and it didn't get much activity, only like 8 people in 2 hours. Only a few of my regulars tipped (but I was missing some of my usual regulars too). My room was mostly filled with them and majority of greys. It died down around 9pm so I ended Roll the Dice. And room has been dead (filled with 90% of grey users and it was about 50 on average users) since 9:30pm. It was interesting to try something new. But I do notice I do better when I advertise for PVT and C2C more from the start. I promoted private in the last hour today and I had almost an hour long one instantly. I seem to do better with privates but I always have wondered if I am on the right website to be doing this since I know that there are others geared towards privates.

Upvote 0
But I do notice I do better when I advertise for PVT and C2C more from the start. I promoted private in the last hour today and I had almost an hour long one instantly. I seem to do better with privates but I always have wondered if I am on the right website to be doing this since I know that there are others geared towards privates.

Do you mean promoting PVT and C2C using by using automated notifiers, or are you doing a verbal sales pitch?

Something I have noticed about tip menus is that people tend to get lost when reading through a large one. You actually do better by building notifiers for the more interesting menu items, possibly including some images, and then that becomes a constant advertisement for some very specific item in the menu. So the point is selling matters. And your comments above seem to agree with that idea.

Upvote 0
Do you mean promoting PVT and C2C using by using automated notifiers, or are you doing a verbal sales pitch?

Something I have noticed about tip menus is that people tend to get lost when reading through a large one. You actually do better by building notifiers for the more interesting menu items, possibly including some images, and then that becomes a constant advertisement for some very specific item in the menu. So the point is selling matters. And your comments above seem to agree with that idea.

I promote PVT & C2C in my room title, hash tags, and use my notifiers to promote that as well. I noticed that if I talk less (but smile and tease more) when promoting private, people are more interested in knowing me more intimately 1 on 1. I should make something on my profile about information for privates. I added a tip menu because it worked alot in my first week when I was new and I mostly get asked to do boob flashes or be nude. I have yet to integrate images in the chat and creating more advertising that are more unique to me. Thanks for the advice!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
One of my favorite models is gorgeous, frequently sexual, and has really amazing and interesting sexuality. And she often has only 10 viewers in her room.

Another of my favorite models is gorgeous, but most often is fully clothed, and most of her sexuality on CB is faked (I know her very well). And she has never fewer than 50 viewers, and when she dances in her underwear she frequently goes over 300 viewers. When she dances in her underwear and also starts to verbally interact with viewers her room counts start to go over 500. If she would ever stay online for more than a few hours, she would be in the 1000+ club.

So the bottom line is I do not think "get naked and use toys" is great advice. The first girl I described has amazing orgasms on camera, and her sexuality is 100% real. Yet she is starving for viewers. The second girl has largely faked much of her sexuality and rarely gets naked, yet she is doing well by the standards of a non-English-speaking model.

Models need to think about performances as more along the lines of what do viewers find captivating, and what makes them want to stay around to get more. People are easily bored, and anything you give them for free they will take for free and not return back to you any tips. Finding what they can do that is captivating will be different for different models.

This is great advice! I'm from europe and suuuper shy to talk out loud in English and have no clue what to say really..But I just have to try cause typing so much as I do clearly doesn't help at all, 5 hours with 10 people in my room yesterday and I danced and smiled all the time and had on roll the dice. And I haven't used toys public aswell cause I dont feel ready for it, but everyone says I need to get lovense to "be something" on cb.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.