AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Stripchat, have a few questions...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
So I’ve joined Stripchat... I’ve read through some topics here (and on SC’s Wiki) on the features, and I’m hoping some SC members and/or models can lend some opinions, advice or clarity on some stuff.

I’m brand new to SC. I’m all signed up, verified, I bought a bunch of tokens and signed up for the free 7-day Gold member trial for the hell of it. Otherwise, I’ve done zero browsing or tipping yet. I went in a couple of rooms just to get an initial look at the layout and features, but I haven’t really dove in yet.

My questions:

- Is Gold membership worth it in the opinions of those who have it/have tried it? I definitely will want the option to PM, but I’m on the fence about whether I’ll want the other perks. Anonymous tipping, invisible status, “knight” eligibility...what do you guys think of those features, if you use them? Worth $20 a month to keep them?

- I read something on here about tip notes being publicly viewable. Does that go for all tip notes or can I choose to only let the model see it?

- Also read some things here about models (and maybe other members too?) being able to see your token spending history and/or how many you currently have. What exactly can be seen, and by whom? And how limited is my ability to control that?

Thanks for any guidance.

So I’ve joined Stripchat... I’ve read through some topics here (and on SC’s Wiki) on the features, and I’m hoping some SC members and/or models can lend some opinions, advice or clarity on some stuff.

I’m brand new to SC. I’m all signed up, verified, I bought a bunch of tokens and signed up for the free 7-day Gold member trial for the hell of it. Otherwise, I’ve done zero browsing or tipping yet. I went in a couple of rooms just to get an initial look at the layout and features, but I haven’t really dove in yet.

My questions:

- Is Gold membership worth it in the opinions of those who have it/have tried it? I definitely will want the option to PM, but I’m on the fence about whether I’ll want the other perks. Anonymous tipping, invisible status, “knight” eligibility...what do you guys think of those features, if you use them? Worth $20 a month to keep them?

- I read something on here about tip notes being publicly viewable. Does that go for all tip notes or can I choose to only let the model see it?

- Also read some things here about models (and maybe other members too?) being able to see your token spending history and/or how many you currently have. What exactly can be seen, and by whom? And how limited is my ability to control that?

Thanks for any guidance.

Personally, I love the options in Gold for SC.
I have always said that I prefer to be "in the background" and "invisible" and to do invisible tipping. So, for this reason alone, I love SC Gold.
I am not bothered about Knight either. If you are knighted but then decide not to buy Gold anymore, you continue to be a knight anyway. Not sure how long for, or if you run out of tokens you have it removed, but I did the same as you: I bought the 520 tokens and it offered me 7 days Gold. That ran out 4 days ago, and do still have tokens left for now (not being cheap I promise, just it's with/for 1 specific model) and she did Knight me, and I am still knight.
Emojis I do enjoy to use, so being able to have them as an option is nice BUT again, in a PM, if you're grey or Green, you can still type the shortcut for the emoji and it will work - I am sure this is not intended and probably a bug but it's one I'd love to keep lol.

You can hide your token amount in your profile settings, regardless of whether you are gold or green. However, I think they ca still hover or click your name to reveal a popup and it will show "points" so they can get an idea of if you're a spender or not, and how big. This is in the FAQ, I apologies from the top of my head I am unsure the points:tokens ratio, I think it's 10 tokens = 1 point? Something like that.

For hiding your token balance: Settings and Privacy > right there on the left side (PC/Laptop) it has two options: Show my profile + Show My Tokens

Upvote 0
in a PM, if you're grey or Green, you can still type the shortcut for the emoji and it will work - I am sure this is not intended and probably a bug but it's one I'd love to keep lol.
Yep. It used to work for greys and greens in the public chat too, but they fixed it a few months ago.

However, I think they ca still hover or click your name to reveal a popup and it will show "points" so they can get an idea of if you're a spender or not, and how big. This is in the FAQ, I apologies from the top of my head I am unsure the points:tokens ratio, I think it's 10 tokens = 1 point? Something like that.
Yes, models (and only models) can hover on your username in the room and see your "Gold score". You get +1 gold score for every 10 tokens you spend. You can see this score yourself when you click on the "Tokens history" link at the top of the page, next to the green refill button. The gold score also decides how high up in a room's user list you will be. You'll always stay below knights and sponsors though. Gold score also serves as a somewhat depressing reminder of where all your money goes 😅

I don't think models can see your token history, i.e. what other models you have tipped, but I'm not sure.
Knight status sticks until the model takes it away. The colour of your username or how many tokens you have does not matter.

Personally I let my Gold subscription lapse because I have no use for the perks. YMMV. However, only Gold subscribers can tip anonymously in the public chat. If you tip anymously the model can still ban you. if you want to tip privately without anyone but the model seeing it, click the gift button (or type "/tip 10") in the PM window.

If you want to tip rapidly in the public chat, type the command "/tip <tokens> <optional message>" and then press arrow up to repeat the command. It will send the tip straight away, without the dialogue box that CB has.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
Personally, I love the options in Gold for SC.
I have always said that I prefer to be "in the background" and "invisible" and to do invisible tipping. So, for this reason alone, I love SC Gold.
I am not bothered about Knight either. If you are knighted but then decide not to buy Gold anymore, you continue to be a knight anyway. Not sure how long for, or if you run out of tokens you have it removed, but I did the same as you: I bought the 520 tokens and it offered me 7 days Gold. That ran out 4 days ago, and do still have tokens left for now (not being cheap I promise, just it's with/for 1 specific model) and she did Knight me, and I am still knight.
Emojis I do enjoy to use, so being able to have them as an option is nice BUT again, in a PM, if you're grey or Green, you can still type the shortcut for the emoji and it will work - I am sure this is not intended and probably a bug but it's one I'd love to keep lol.

You can hide your token amount in your profile settings, regardless of whether you are gold or green. However, I think they ca still hover or click your name to reveal a popup and it will show "points" so they can get an idea of if you're a spender or not, and how big. This is in the FAQ, I apologies from the top of my head I am unsure the points:tokens ratio, I think it's 10 tokens = 1 point? Something like that.

For hiding your token balance: Settings and Privacy > right there on the left side (PC/Laptop) it has two options: Show my profile + Show My Tokens

This is very helpful, thanks. I’m not interested in being a knight per se, but like you, I signed up for a specific model (who has not broadcast on SC yet, and is still learning SC from her side as well). It’s good to know if I get knighted, I’m not obligated to “stay golden,” as they used to say in a famous movie.

Ive gone ahead and hidden my token amount. It just feels weird as a customer, knowing the model could know exactly what’s in your wallet. For the same reason I wouldn’t walk into a car dealership holding wads of cash for all to see. Invites the wrong kind of energy. :)

Not sure if I care much about invisibility, anonymity or emojis. But I’m going to deliberately use all three to see if I like it. I feel like invisibility is pointless if I joined for a specific person who already knows I am there, but odds are also good that I’ll browse other models, too, eventually.

Yes, models (and only models) can hover on your username in the room and see your "Gold score". You get +1 gold score for every 10 tokens you spend. You can see this score yourself when you click on the "Tokens history" link at the top of the page, next to the green refill button. The gold score also decides how high up in a room's user list you will be. You'll always stay below knights and sponsors though. Gold score also serves as a somewhat depressing reminder of where all your money goes 😅

I don't think models can see your token history, i.e. what other models you have tipped, but I'm not sure.

I guess it’s not much different from being able to notice a member’s color (and how it changes from visit to visit) on CB. Just more specific, since it sounds like gold score makes it simple to figure out your total token expenditure over time. I wouldn’t enjoy a model being able to see who else I’ve tipped, but odds are it wouldn’t become an issue anyway.

I am interested to know about public vs. private tip notes, though, because that’s a feature I’ve come to use frequently on cb. If they’re publicly viewable, that changes my game a bit.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I am interested to know about public vs. private tip notes, though, because that’s a feature I’ve come to use frequently on cb. If they’re publicly viewable, that changes my game a bit.
When you are gold you can make a tip be a combination of private and anonymous. You can do it it the tip dialogue box or with commands in the public chat.
The chat command "/tip 10 Hello -anon -private" in public chat would tip 10 tokens anonymously with a tip note only the model can see. The -anon and -private options are (I think) for gold users only.
If you aren't gold, the best way to tip privately is in a PM ... if a model initiated PMs with you in the first place. Note that PM sessions will live on even if you log off or change rooms. I.e. once a model have PMed you (or vice versa), you can send the model PMs forever or until she blocks you. PMs can also be sent if either party is offline.

Tipping in public will count toward the room goal and set off any toys or whatever, but tipping in a PM will not. Also, some models have configured their chat so that tip notes won't actually be sent if you tip less than a certain amount of tokens.

Upvote 0
When you are gold you can make a tip be a combination of private and anonymous. You can do it it the tip dialogue box or with commands in the public chat.
The chat command "/tip 10 Hello -anon -private" in public chat would tip 10 tokens anonymously with a tip note only the model can see. The -anon and -private options are (I think) for gold users only.
If you aren't gold, the best way to tip privately is in a PM ... if a model initiated PMs with you in the first place. Note that PM sessions will live on even if you log off or change rooms. I.e. once a model have PMed you (or vice versa), you can send the model PMs forever or until she blocks you. PMs can also be sent if either party is offline.

Tipping in public will count toward the room goal and set off any toys or whatever, but tipping in a PM will not. Also, some models have configured their chat so that tip notes won't actually be sent if you tip less than a certain amount of tokens.

Can a public tip have a private tip note? Or would the tip itself also have to be private?

Upvote 0
Can a public tip have a private tip note? Or would the tip itself also have to be private?

Yes, it can, when you click "send tip" it shows a popup with all the options.
I think you have to select the tip amount or type a custom one and then the option for public/private note is available.

I forgot, i haven't been tipping but doing pvt.
I definitely like the pvt c2c where it's "picture in picture". Although I'd love an option for me ti minimize/hide my little window in the bottom right, it's offputting to see myself whilst trying to watch the model.. It's not like I am moving and jumping around so once I have it in the position in the first minute or two, it will remain so, or if not, the model will tell me.

Upvote 0
If you're doing it in the popup, the bottom left is to tip anonymously, then just to the right of the comment allows you to select "visible for all" or "model only".
Obviously, don't slide the anonymous, so it's a public tip, then select "visible for model only" for the comment.

I do like the idea that it needs to be 10 tokens or more for a comment, I know models get whole stories and fantasies in 1tk tip notes on Chaturbate.

Upvote 0
A word of caution though: not all models are fans of gold users camping out in their rooms while invisible. The user list explicitly states how many gold users are present but hidden, and they more often than not neither talk nor tip. They're like greys with slightly fatter wallets. With great powers comes great responsibility blah blah blah.

Upvote 0
If you're doing it in the popup, the bottom left is to tip anonymously, then just to the right of the comment allows you to select "visible for all" or "model only".
Obviously, don't slide the anonymous, so it's a public tip, then select "visible for model only" for the comment.

I do like the idea that it needs to be 10 tokens or more for a comment, I know models get whole stories and fantasies in 1tk tip notes on Chaturbate.

Ok, cool. So I can contribute to the model’s goal and still leave an occasional (private) tip with it. And I agree about the 10-token minimum.

A word of caution though: not all models are fans of gold users camping out in their rooms while invisible. The user list explicitly states how many gold users are present but hidden, and they more often than not neither talk nor tip. They're like greys with slightly fatter wallets. With great powers comes great responsibility blah blah blah.

Yeah, if I ever use invisible mode, it wouldn’t be to camp out without tipping or chatting. I guess it could be a nice way to browse without being hit with PMs before you’ve decided if you’re staying in the room. But if I’m gonna hang out, I’d reveal myself.

Upvote 0
I'm new to Stripchat (as a model) and just wanted to say that I appreciate this thread because it's also helpful to me. It's good to know that tip notes can only be done in 10 token or more increments. I was not aware of this before.

Feel free to add any of your own questions or feedback here, too. Might as well make the thread as useful as possible!

So far I like SC but I’m still learning as I go. I really like the way they do PMs, saving them from session to session, allowing offline PMs and organizing them together like an inbox. The ability to drop in on SC just to check my messages is a nice feature I never knew I would want.

However, I learned the hard way that models can see that I am online even when I’m not there to watch a show. Coming from CB, I wasn’t used to getting PMed when I’m not currently in any model’s room. After it happened a few times I noticed the little green “online” dot next to my avatar and realized it probably appears on any friends list I am part of. Oops. :)

Also, it took me exactly two visits before I accidentally dropped a PM into public chat. Things are going great. Hehe

Upvote 0
However, I learned the hard way that models can see that I am online even when I’m not there to watch a show. Coming from CB, I wasn’t used to getting PMed when I’m not currently in any model’s room. After it happened a few times I noticed the little green “online” dot next to my avatar and realized it probably appears on any friends list I am part of. Oops. :)
Yep, this is sometimes annoying if you only came by to check your messages, maybe shoot a reply and be on your way again. The little green dot can be a bit awkward if you come from CB.
I can't remember exactly, but I think gold users can hide their online status.

The messaging system is both a blessing and a nuisance. I used it as some kind of texting light (text only, but you can tip) with a model last year. She was very chatty, but liked the anonymity of using the StripChat messaging when she was off cam. It worked very well for that.

P.S.: you can friend other users of any colour on SC, if their profile is open. Go to /user/<nickname> and click "Add friend". Not sure why there is no navigation for users to get to user profiles.

Upvote 0
I'm new to Stripchat (as a model) and just wanted to say that I appreciate this thread because it's also helpful to me. It's good to know that tip notes can only be done in 10 token or more increments. I was not aware of this before.
Oops I'm also new as of yesterday and I didn't know this either. All my tip options are random numbers like 44 or 73. I used to do this on CB so I would know exactly what people were tipping for, which is easier IMO. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I had gold and let it lapse. It didn't do much for me and seemed like an upsell. I did the knight thing and I'm still a knight in some rooms. I found that just being a decent tipper, getting to know the models, and being respectful is really all you need. If you establish a good relationship they will let you PM. I think you can only use emoji's if you are GOLD but big whoop! I'd rather spend the 20 subscribing to the model's Only Fans site or purchasing her content. I have so many different status colored things and numbers on SC I'm not even sure what they all mean. You can also hide and play VIP but the models I asked weren't impressed. It seemed like another way to identify me as a potentially good tipper (may be if you catch me on payday):happy: Be respectful and support the models by tipping, buying content, and supporting them on other sites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seemed like another way to identify me as a potentially good tipper (may be if you catch me on payday):happy: Be respectful and support the models by tipping, buying content, and supporting them on other sites.
You know you can masquerade as a lower level user after you reach a high enough level? It removes a fair bit of noise from your inbox when browsing.
Otherwise I agree!

Upvote 0
How’s StripChat going for you?

If you’re asking me (OP), I find it to be pretty good, although I only log in on rare occasion these days.

Nothing against Stripchat. I just try to limit the number of cam sites where I actively have tokens to spend, to keep my spending within budget. And the models I visit the most are not very active on SC, currently.

One of those models recently planned to return to SC, which would have gotten me to spend on SC again. But she had apparently submitted one too many username change requests. SC didn’t approve her new username. Rather than plead her case, she took her page to another site.

But I did/I still do like Stripchat. I wish they had accepted her change request actually, because I’d much rather visit her on SC than the site she ended up trying instead.

Reactions: James_and_Aiden
Upvote 0
One of those models recently planned to return to SC, which would have gotten me to spend on SC again. But she had apparently submitted one too many username change requests. SC didn’t approve her new username. Rather than plead her case, she took her page to another site.
According to @xChloe username change is not possible at all on SC.

Upvote 0
Did I read somewhere earlier that Stripchat is considered a UK-based site? :) Might be a good site to try for an afternoon time slot I'm about to have available next month.

Upvote 0
Did I read somewhere earlier that Stripchat is considered a UK-based site? :) Might be a good site to try for an afternoon time slot I'm about to have available next month.
It's based in Cyprus, but if you go on afternoon EST you'll at least hit the late night euro crowd. Not a lot of US models on at that time, although I haven't stayed up 24 hrs to do any statistics lol

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
It's based in Cyprus, but if you go on afternoon EST you'll at least hit the late night euro crowd. Not a lot of US models on at that time, although I haven't stayed up 24 hrs to do any statistics lol

1 PM - 4 PM EST, which should be the evening crowd there. Thanks.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I’m back using Stripchat again and still a bit green. I have another question, so I’ll piggyback on my original thread of new-guy questions.

The other night, I noticed a room’s current “king” tipper was listed in the top tipper section with the crown icon along with the shield icon, which indicates he is also a knight for that model (I think).

However, he did NOT have the knight icon next to his username in the general list of users in the room, just a crown. And on that model’s profile page where it displays her “knights,” that person’s username was never listed, before, during, or after I saw the icon next to his name while he was the king tipper. The only place his username had the knight shield was while he was temporarily the room’s king tipper.

What happened here? Was he temporarily knighted and then un-knighted, or does Stripchat have some option where the knight icon can appear along side the crown, even if he’s not a knight in that model’s room? Or is he maybe a knight for someone else and SC has a code bug that displays the shield wherever he might be the current king tipper?

Upvote 0
What happened here? Was he temporarily knighted and then un-knighted, or does Stripchat have some option where the knight icon can appear along side the crown, even if he’s not a knight in that model’s room? Or is he maybe a knight for someone else and SC has a code bug that displays the shield wherever he might be the current king tipper?

You are right: if the model did not promote the user to her knights, then the shield icon should not appear next to his nickname.

If you notice this again in someone's chat, please take a screenshot and send it to me at chloe@stripchat.com

Upvote 0
Do models/studios get a bigger chunk of tokens in stripchat than chaturbate .... it looks less of a deal for visitors at first glance?

Maybe that doesn't make sense

CB 1000 tokens for approx £57 ($79.99 USD)
SC 570 tokens £50

are stripchat tokens higher value to the model?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favorite chaturbate model just started on stripchat. I was wondering if the models get to keep all of money they take in for fan club subscriptions.

Upvote 0
I've noticed the picture quality on stripchat isn't as sharp as chaturbate (i've got the same model's room in two windows to compare) and wondered if this a general problem?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.