AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New webcam ordered... experience?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2012
So I ordered this Logitech BCC950 conference cam, supposed to show up in a couple of days. Hopefully it's not a lemon. It has a remote control with zoom/pan capabilities. Anyone using one?

And has anyone noticed it seems like all the eastern European girls have remote control cams? lol It took me a while to find this reasonably priced one (now I'll probably hear from you about all the inexpensive options I overlooked).

I havent looked at any of the remote/zoom cams in a while but I think the general consensus of them is that the video and sound quality is usually not the greatest unless you get a really high end one. I think the most popular cam, at least for girls on this forum, seems to be the logitech c910 or the logitech pro 9000.

:-D ....reviews seem pretty good from what I found. I would be interested in the durability factor. Since its designed for businesses, presumably that's a bit more durable than cams marketed for one person use. With 1080p and a Zeiss lens, the quality should be excellent. Please update us with your feedback after you get it and run it thru the tasks a few days... :thumbleft:

You can use a camcorder with firewire as a webcam. A lot of camcorders come with remote controls for zoom functions.

Not many laptops seem to offer firewire inputs anymore though.

sgt_dickers said:
You can use a camcorder with firewire as a webcam. A lot of camcorders come with remote controls for zoom functions.

Not many laptops seem to offer firewire inputs anymore though.

I had this set up for a while, but if you want to pan and tilt you have to add a tracker pod and have another remote. Not worth the farting around I think. Keen to see how this cam pans out :-D

Yeah I am anxious to see how much people like this because I could imagine purchasing it.

I've been using the webcam for over a month now... working great... panning is a little touchy, but I've gotten used to it. It is capable of very wide angles... but will zoom in tight as well. Audio is great, HD streams great over my connection. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: SoTxBob and Evvie
Amazon has two reviews for the BCC950. Both like the cam a lot...with only one complaint: that the software doesn't completely work with Skype.

I'm not what 'software' they're referring to. The camera pan/zoom are controlled by the separate remote. For me, the camera driver itself works fine with both MFC and Skype (I actually Skype more than I MFC). I'm using Windows 7. I also use ManyCam... and it works fine with it as well (ie I incorporate a couple of other 'dumb' cams with the BCC950).

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.