AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie guidance required

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Mar 28, 2024
Hello everyone. This might be a long post, so please bare with mešŸ„° I've been camming for about 2.5 months. I stream from my bed in my bedroom (limited space and other people in the house) just until I make enough money to get my own place.

Due to finances, I don't have the best lighting, Camera, clothes or toys (yet) but am trying to get something new each week) unfortunately I don't think that is the best start for me. Either way, I'm keen to make this work.

In there 2.5 months of streaming, I only take off when I'm "that time of the month" otherwise I'm online almost 8 hours a day, every day. I am however, still not reaching my targets/goals most days. It does not matter how much effort I put into myself. I do makeup daily, always clean and tidy and don't dress too bad (I don't think) I do cute / sexy dances, chat, tease and play music in the background. Maybe I'm just not entertaining enough? I wish I knew. Anyway, my actual question is... What should I be doing the moment I click that broadcast button? I don't really have a huge issue with getting people into my room, and alot of them will sit there for quite some time without even saying hello. How do i entertain from the get go? What can I do to make it fun and get people to stay? I have a few regulars which I appreciate so much but I need new users too. I just need to figure out and get some advice on how to run my show like a pro. Maybe work out a action plan on different things to do throughout my show but I have no idea where to start. Please can someone guide me. I would really appreciate it and I would really like this to work out.

How do i entertain from the get go? What can I do to make it fun and get people to stay? I have a few regulars which I appreciate so much but I need new users too. I just need to figure out and get some advice on how to run my show like a pro. Maybe work out a action plan on different things to do throughout my show but I have no idea where to start. Please can someone guide me. I would really appreciate it and I would really like this to work out.
I'm going to make this brief, not because I'm trying to be brusk, but just because I'm limited on time.
Wow - I can write a lot in a very short period of time, nvm that.

Some people are there not to spend money; to get things for free. You don't want to entertain them, that will drain you, and that is charity work (imo).
There are a good chunk of people who go to the bigger sites, who simply are not sales leads, and will not spend.
Or will suck so much energy, so often, that it's not worth it to court them for the tiny amount they think is reasonable, for your time and energy.
It's best to learn how to separate out who is, from who isn't.

I hope you get more advice from others that helps.
My first few years I never did 8 hour days, and I had a second job.
I don't know if that's an option for you right now?
But it takes time to build up a solid, paying following.
Like I said hopefully others will have more to say, and tell you here šŸ¤

The last year has been one of the hardest I've experienced in this industry (of the last 9.5), due to economic issues. Not a great first year to be jumping into this full time. Anyone would struggle.

For more specific helpful advice the other models here would probably need to know what sites you are on/ working, and more detailed info.

Last edited: