AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Non-Nude Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KristiRoxx

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 17, 2015
Twitter Username
@KristiRoxxCB
Chaturbate Username
Kristiroxx_x3
Hey Guys! Just out of curiosity, what is your feeling on non-nude camming? What are the strategies you could use to accomplish being a non-nude model? Ive been throwing the idea around in my head because Im not completely comfortable with getting nude on cam. Are there any sites that are strictly for non-nude models? I want to cam so bad, but the idea of having to get nude throws me off. And before you say anything, I get it, its an adult industry and sex/sexual acts are the norm, but I want to try and break out of that construct, I just have no idea where to begin.

• Hugs
Reactions: Empress Mika
In the end you have to do what makes you happy, you have to sleep at night, and look in the mirror in the morning. You may struggle more at the start, however there are some very successful non-nude models out there on sites. You need to find your niche and run with it.

Reactions: PrincessMadz
I've seen non-nude camgirls doing very well. I don't know if they started off nude or what though but they all have 1 thing in common, awesome personalities. They own that room and entertain with jokes, dance, conversation, games. If you ain't selling sexy you gotta be giving them another reason to stick around. It would be hard but not impossible.

I wouldn't let the concept of full nudity faze you too much with camming. No matter what anyone says, at the end of the day, it's the adult entertainment industry: entertainment is a very broad spectrum of services to provide, you just have to find what works for you.

You will absolutely need to have a good idea of what kind of entertainment you are willing to provide since nearly everyone will try to get you to take your clothes off. Obviously, your game-plan is going to change and adapt to your customers over time, but there is definitely a market for non-nude. From my observations and experience, depending on what you are willing to do and are interested in providing as entertainment, MFC is likely your best bet for a token-based site and Streammate might work pretty well for you if you would be willing to accommodate to certain fetishes.

I run a softcore room and rarely do full nudity, my form of adult entertainment is more in the form of gambling, bar humor, comradery, etc... just an adult atmosphere rather than a purely sexual atmosphere - that spectrum of adult entertainment.

I, as well, would be interested in a camsite that's more focused towards and accommodating to non-nude or semi-nude models. Hopefully you get some other site suggestions, there might be a male-friendly one out there as well. =)

There is voyeurism sites. It's basically are getting payed to do your normal everyday things (hard to find though). There is TalkToMe.com Phone sex operating. Mygirlfund.com where ladies get paid for vids, pics and guys pay (and don't quote me) i think they pay you $1 a minute for a chat. But that was word of mouth. Definitely look into it. There are many alternatives to not getting undressed on cam or at all. I hope this helped. Alot of my cam friends do these things.

Hey Guys! Just out of curiosity, what is your feeling on non-nude camming?
My feeling is that non-nude or non-explicit camming would be beneficial to most cam models. There is something to be said to leaving things to the imagination.

What are the strategies you could use to accomplish being a non-nude model?

The strategy on cam sites is essentially to provide some form of entertainment while looking sexy.

Ive been throwing the idea around in my head because Im not completely comfortable with getting nude on cam.
Good, so you know where you stand.

Are there any sites that are strictly for non-nude models?

Not that I know of among 'cam' sites, but there is twitch for video gamers, and Youtube for just about anything else.

I want to cam so bad, but the idea of having to get nude throws me off. And before you say anything, I get it, its an adult industry and sex/sexual acts are the norm, but I want to try and break out of that construct, I just have no idea where to begin.
On MFC at least, it's not unusual, there is a whole variety of models doing what suites them.
I think the place to begin is identify your own entertaining value.
I would recommend to watch a little of each of the following and try to identify what makes them a success. : Guinevere_, MJGoneWild, AliceBiscuit, Kickaz, DianneMerek, Miqote, and Olivia.

I would recommend to watch a little of each of the following and try to identify what makes them a success. : Guinevere_, MJGoneWild, AliceBiscuit, Kickaz, DianneMerek, Miqote, and Olivia.

I can only confirm that @Miqote is 100% non-nude (does "implied" nudity) from this list... I know one of these girls does go topless at times in Free Chat. So, be careful when you do research on other models and see what they fully offer because just seeing what they do in Free Chat, doesn't necessarily mean that they are non-nude in some compacity and that some of their success may (or may not) be helped by being nude in certain areas of their cam lives.

I want to cam so bad, but the idea of having to get nude throws me off. And before you say anything, I get it, its an adult industry and sex/sexual acts are the norm, but I want to try and break out of that construct, I just have no idea where to begin.

The issue of doing research on other models is that it's tough, especially for the Non-nude models, to decide what may or may not work in their rooms. Something what works great for Miqote, may be a flop for someone else. What works good for "x" model, may work great for someone else, etc. So, it won't be an easy ride but it can be a successful one. Just research and try to find out what works best for you. This will require a lot of trial and error unfortunately. But, once you find out what works for you and you can perfect it... you'll feel great knowing that you're not giving up your values and doing what makes you happy!

• Hugs
Reactions: Empress Mika
First of all, thank you to @Puffin for mentioning me among the non-nude models to check out. I feel so special ^_^

@KristiRoxx - It is possible to be a non-nude model buuuuuuuut it is a very tough road. Heck, it's tough for a completely nude model to be successful and I believe it to be even more challenging to be a non-nude model.

Here are some pointers I can tell you, to help you get started:
  • It is best to clarify what you are comfortable with from the beginning regarding your comfort level in exposing your body. What does non-nude mean to you? Does that mean your lingerie doesn't come off? How "skimpy" will your lingerie be? Are you comfortable not wearing a bra in a tight t-shirt? Are you okay with being nude but using your hands to cover up any nudity? What about "nip-slips"? Etc. Members WILL test your boundaries constantly (like, every shift) and get you to go as far as possible.
  • It is best to clarify what you are comfortable with from the beginning regarding your comfort level in other sexual ways. Are you okay with doing "dirty talk"? Doing a dildo blow job show? Doing a beautiful agony show? Being a "dommie"? These are things you do not have to be nude for but, of course, are very sexual.
  • It is best to clarify what you are comfortable with from the beginning regarding what you expect from members. Are you okay seeing their man parts in free chat, group chat, and/or private? Are you okay with them talking to you in a sexual way and/or masturbating to you?
  • Wrap your head around the fact that, despite non-nude anything, caming is an *extremely* sexual world.
Once you clarify all of this, the *real* fun can begin!
  • Your persona. This one is the most important because it is how you'll be presenting yourself to your room with your look, personality, activities and shows. It's the most important thing for a non-nude room, in my opinion. I think it works best when you have some kind of "talent" or "specialty".Weird and awful as it sounds, if you're not showing nudity, you have to find something else of value (besides just showing up and being your awesome self).
  • You'll want to come up with activities and what shows you'll do. In my experience, even if you do non-nude teases, a sexually charged room/show is going to bring in sexually charged members and it can be difficult and frustrating to explain over and over again that you will not be going further in terms of nudity/masturbation. When you come up with your activities and shows, think about what kind of members you want to bring in and focus on targeting that audience.
Remember, even when you do all of this right:
  • You're still going to have members in your room that range from confused to downright offended and extremely rude to you that you're non-nude. You will also get members, somewhere in the middle, that just complain or nudge you frequently that they are waiting "for the day" you get naked. It can wear you out and be discouraging.
  • You will need to get used to rejecting members (when they ask you about your limitations). Constantly. Every shift. In a non-annoyed, positive way. And deal with their crappy reactions to it (very few are respectful). In a non-annoyed, positive way.
  • You will have members that feel the need to give you advise that, if you just get naked, your stress will decrease and your token count will increase. If it were only that simple, haha.
  • There will be days where you feel like the only thing guys tip for and value are nudity and/or sexual acts (many members, I believe, are seriously like this). Ignoring how this may chance your perception of men in general (lol), it can be very draining on you as a cam model to feel as though you're not offering something of value in the member's perspective (and stressful if you need x amount to pay your bills).
  • You'll also get offers from members that will assume that you're you have a price to get nude or that you will get naked in group and/or private and/or vidoes. They may even offer you a substantial amount of tokens or incentive for you to get naked. It might be tempting to do it (especially on a slow night), so it's important to stay grounded in what makes you happy and not get lost in what other members are trying to do. It is impossible, even as a completely nude model, to make every member happy so remember to do what makes you happy first. A good member will respect your wishes and boundaries.
@MiqDroid makes a good point in that there are VERY few non-nude models in every aspect of their caming. A few of the models on Puffin's list do, in fact, get nude in some way (topless in free chat, nude in a video, etc) so, again, it does fall back on what you're comfortable with.

Despite these additional stresses of being non-nude, if it's important to you like it is to me, you can make it work! Just go into it completely prepared!

I do agree that MyFreeCams is probably the only viable option for non-nude caming. That's why I myself chose it as well.

I hope this helped and I wish you the best of luck on your journey! ^_^

Last edited:

All of these models are good example of what can be accomplished with a Non-nude focus. Even f they are not all non-nudes

Olivia does do nudity in her public chat, though there have been periods of many months where she does not. Kickaz is the master of being nude in her room, but never showing anything that would catch a movie an R rating. Use of camera angle hands, and so forth produces one of the best tease shows on the web. MJ has not gotten nude in a good bit, but she did when she was warring for #1 back last December.

What they all share is level of energy that is astonishing. I'll use Kickaz as my example though it applies to Olivia and the rest too. These women can cam for amazingly long stretches of time and never seem to flag in appearing to burst with energy. Kick and Olivia heavily incorporate custom music playlists into their shows. Kick is a body painter of pretty high skill, and periodically does shows where she paints herself. Olivia is a performance artist, and can amuse and offend at once. But it gets eyeballs and attention. But they can leave a viewer tired out just by the endless energy and general positive feelings they push out. I've seen Kickaz cam while sick as all heck and STILL maintain a level of energy that some rooms never get to.

There are other models like Lorelei who do get nude, but spend more time clothed being teases, doing motion shows, and spending time talking got their rooms and being companions and in some ways virtual dates to the people in the room.

AliceBiscuit is a charming young woman who is a true non nude, who entertains on the strength of her singing ability, and her amazingly sweet personality. Visiting her room is very much like going out to an intimate club with a house singer whom you sit near and enjoy. She might wear very tiny underthings on occasion, but its more of a costume then a blatant sexual thing.

All these women operate on MFC, which allows a lot of latitude to models to find a unique voice in their shows. This is not a surprise as MFC is probably the platform that incorporates the biggest aspects of a social media site. Models can form amazingly close connections to their viewers by talking, doing talent shows and showing that sexuality and sexiness can come in many forms. Aella is another performance artist based room, that while very nude is oft-times gonzo beyond description. VeronicaChaos often has her ventriloquist skills on display and produces some wonderfully demented variety show segments (I still remember the night of too much fire, and a doll that burned WAY too well) MJ runs her card games, acting as a sexy hostess, and being a guys girl. They all have created unique spaces in their rooms that deliver unique experiences for the viewers that are not needfully centered around their nudity, but around the idea that adult entertainment can be much more then just their body.

So to the OP, yes non-nude is very very doable. It's a harder path. It will take longer to find your audience. But if you do, you'll be come to be known for the unique experience you deliver, and for the people who like it, you'll be the only place they can get it. And success can follow.

Spend an hour watching Alice or Kickaz. They are on most eves, catch Veronica or Olivia and see how they command their rooms. That will be the easiest and best way to see what is possible.

Good luck!

What they all share is level of energy that is astonishing. These women can cam for amazingly long stretches of time and never seem to flag in appearing to burst with energy.
So to the OP, yes non-nude is very very doable. It's a harder path. It will take longer to find your audience. But if you do, you'll be come to be known for the unique experience you deliver, and for the people who like it, you'll be the only place they can get it. And success can follow.

I really enjoyed your post so I just had to chime in again and add more ^_^

I certainly agree about the energy! I myself can easily do 8 hours per day, 6 days a week and very often find myself doing more like 10 hours per shift. You certainly have to genuinely enjoy being on cam, using the enthusiasm of the room (be it the chat, tips, room count or a combination of all three) to energize you. If it doesn't energize and excite you then caming will be tough.

I really liked how you gave examples how each model gives a "unique experience". In my post, I called it a "talent" or "specialty" but I didn't elaborate on it as much as you did so this was great.

OP, it's important to figure out what your specialty will be because you cannot rely on the working model of "get naked and masturbate", as a non-nude model. Ideally, this would happen before your first broadcast. For me, I had to think about my strengths and weaknesses. It actually took me a long time to figure out what I could do. I couldn't sing. I don't play an instrument. I can't paint. It felt like I had no talent or anything to offer that would be MFC friendly. For example, I could cook but didn't know how to make that work for me on MFC. Like, am I just going to do cooking shows? I suppose it's possible but it wasn't something I wanted to do as my focus nor did I think it'd work, haha. I can fold origami but, again, am I going to fold origami for hours and hours on cam? Haha. But! I did dancing for 10 years (including fan dancing) but never in a million years thought this would be useful to me on MFC because the dances were very traditional and in no way sexy. I also worried that it was too cultural and wouldn't be interesting to a lot of people. That is, until one day, on a whim, I put on my kimono and did a few of my fan dance moves for fun (but staying more stationary) in my lingerie and.... it worked! I was blown away. That was it and I've used that as my signature show, theme and focus ever since. I even use my origami for my raffles. But, yeah. I wish I would have figured this out before my first broadcast but that's the way it goes sometimes :)

Anyway! I am excited for you and am wishing you luck!

Hey Guys! Just out of curiosity, what is your feeling on non-nude camming? What are the strategies you could use to accomplish being a non-nude model? Ive been throwing the idea around in my head because Im not completely comfortable with getting nude on cam. Are there any sites that are strictly for non-nude models? I want to cam so bad, but the idea of having to get nude throws me off. And before you say anything, I get it, its an adult industry and sex/sexual acts are the norm, but I want to try and break out of that construct, I just have no idea where to begin.

There are a lot of models on MFC and other sites who would rather not get naked, but do. Many models whose first language is not English, who make up the bulk of cam site workers, don't like getting naked, but do it because they can't easily overcome the language barrier. A few, like Olivia started out getting naked and then worked on their English language skills used the income they earned and whatever following they developed to transition to something else.

You're lucky, in that English is your first language, as is the case for nearly all successful non-nude models, but if you want to model on cam without getting naked, you have to ask yourself what you can do that people will be willing to give you money for doing with (most of) your clothes on.

Oh my god you guys are absolutely amazing! I've re-read everything you've all posted so many times today, its just so inspirational and uplifting. I felt like I was doomed as a cam-girl because I didn't want to get naked haha. Now I'm off to do some inner soul searching to figure out a talent I'm good at that will attract people to my shows. I appreciate everything everyone has suggested and I'm definitely going to look into the models you all suggested. If anyone has any more advice send it my way. You guys rock so much!

• Hugs
Reactions: DrWangFei
Many very insightful additions here. I try to stray from naming names or studying other models too much - they gained their success from playing to their personal strengths, mirroring what they do is simply not sustainable. It's like being a knock-off generic brand. Note that this doesn't mean there isn't something to be gained by learning certain general techniques that are used by these models (crowd-control, screen presence, etc.), it just means being a hybrid of other existing models downplays your individual identity... which is what you will entirely rely on as a non-nude model.

As mentioned by @Miqote , tease and entertainment techniques are your tools in this industry. In general, you tend to have two types of members: those who are there for any kind of entertainment and those who are there purely for sexual entertainment. Let your personality shine, be playful and teasing to keep those who just want to look at a pretty lady in your room and have fun with it. Most important of all, stand by your limits. As was mentioned, you will be pressured in every possible way to push your limits little by little. You set your boundaries - one of the most important techniques I learned in my time is how to say "no" in a way that still retains a member's interest in staying in my room. Give them reasons, show them how fun it is in your room and you should be good. If it doesn't work, you probably don't want them in your room anyway... ;)

You don't have to get nude. There's a few models that are non-nude or take off bra and have hand bra's or just re-position themselves so nothing is really showing. There were a few models listed and I can name some more, each is unique to what they do and do well. It all depends on your personality though and not come off as fake. As long as you're engaging, it shouldn't matter too much if you get nude or not.

Reactions: KristiRoxx
This thread is great! I've just recently started, and I have not been non nude, but I'm a lot more interested in the teasing and games and personality entertainment than hardcore (I'll probably end up somewhere along the spectrum from non nude to softcore), but it's great getting insight into finding your personal strengths and weaknesses. I'll definitely be checking out some of these rooms and doing more studying ^.^

Hey, I've done well at not getting naked on Mfc. I think it's because I can talk a lot. I have kept followers (who are now life long friends) for 4 years. I find that being interested in them and their day works well. I sat for days when I first started in my "scruffs". It made loads feel relaxed and comfortable. Played games, that didn't go down to well lol as people love to mess around. But with saying that that's what makes the evenings fun. Watching everyone answer SEAHORSE to a sports question in a quiz just to see you go completely mad at them for screwing it up makes the room active and fun.
I do get naked now. Only because I'm comfortable now with getting naked. I'm a mother of four so not a stick slim stunner. But I've realised that there are people out there who like a matured looking woman. But I also notice that regulars will leave and randoms come in and change the atmosphere I create.
You can wear sexy underwear/outfits too. I treat it like a night out. Get my glad rags on a bottle of vodka song requests and see where it goes with no plans. That works too.
Themed nights of different costumes work as well. But can be costly. But us women do know how to make things out of what's laying around our wardrobes. Black Pencil skirt stockings white shirt and black tie simple right?
Any way. I hope this helps a little. Feel free to get in touch if you want to just chat about it

Haven't been able to get on MFC a lot this month but as it turns out I have five of those gals listed as 'Favorite Models' on my MFC profile.

Common qualities/traits amongst all five: Consistency, Congeniality, Positivity, Communication, Sense of Humor

Positivity and Communication are the biggest factors in my opinion. And now that I think about it, this would apply to any room, not just the non-nude rooms.

-If they are having a bad/slow night on cam they never bring it up - not in the room and not on social media (which is almost always positive as well).
-If they had a bad day, they'll mention it and talk about it but then they focus back on engaging the members in their room.
-They are constantly trying to keep their regulars engaged and upbeat.
-There's almost always music playing, or at least long stretches of it.
-They never badmouth other models. (This one is huge for me; I've actually hidden models off of the homepage because of it)
-They build a relaxed atmosphere where people have fun. Hell, hanging out in Kickaz, AliceBiscuit or Olivia's room often feels like you're at a party at a friend's house. It's an "escape," so to speak.
-They encourage members in their room becoming pals with one another. This also builds a sense of belonging and creates a team atmosphere.
-There is a "give a damn" feel towards their regulars and, often, to new visitors. In high traffic rooms this is harder to accomplish but they do usually spot a new person and welcome them. When it's really clicking regulars will also welcome new folks. I remember one week... I had been laid off from work. I was talking about it with one of the members in Kicka's room - then Kicka PM'd me, gave me a hug emote and said she hoped it got better soon. That stuck with me, bigtime, because it made me feel good and made me smile.

I was recently talking to a model who'd tipped someone from her premium account, and we talked about how much of a charge it is to tip and see someone smile from it. It works the other way, too - if you can make a member laugh and smile over something they're liable to want to come back and visit, or even put down roots and become a regular.

In conclusion,
:pompous:

Depending on your comfort level with fetish content, you may also want to consider selling your clips on sites like Clips4sale. The money is great and there are a TON of categories that don't require any nudity at all.

Oh my god you guys are absolutely amazing! I've re-read everything you've all posted so many times today, its just so inspirational and uplifting. I felt like I was doomed as a cam-girl because I didn't want to get naked haha. Now I'm off to do some inner soul searching to figure out a talent I'm good at that will attract people to my shows. I appreciate everything everyone has suggested and I'm definitely going to look into the models you all suggested. If anyone has any more advice send it my way. You guys rock so much!
I'm super late to the convo, but did you go for it?? Hope you did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.