AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not being allowed to cam Even when you have provided information saying you are old Enough?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
www.cam4.dk
Twitter Username
@gudheadt
Do you think this is okay of a site to do? i've over the past couple of months been having problems with chaturbate, and first now gotten a response from them, about why they keep on banning my account.
i have already proven that im 20, by sending my passport in to them. but aparently thats not good enough?

multiple people have told me that i should sue them? and im very tempted to do it, just because i know what they are doing is not right.

if you wonder how i look than its me on my profile.

chaturbate is known for not treating there models well and i know that, so im not trying to get sympathy from people on here, just your girls/guys opinio on this, because it seems really shady to me.5bfeae86ff58950dcfae97de7845bcdf.png

Last edited:
Do you think this is okay of a site to do? i've over the past couple of months been having problems with chaturbate, and first now gotten a response from them, about why they keep on banning my account.
i have already proven that im 20, by sending my passport in to them. but aparently thats not good enough?

multiple people have told me that i should sue them? and im werry tempted to do it, just because i know what they are doing is not right.

if you wonder how i look then its me in my profile picture on here.

chaturbate is known for not threading there models well and i know that, so im not trying to get sympathy from people in here, just your girls/guys appenion on this. because it seems Really shady to me.View attachment 60262
Im not a model, but If I were you I would quit that site. They are treating you like trash and you deserve better.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
They can turn you away for any reason they come up with especially since you're not technically an employee. MFC turns away girls that look too old I think. Maybe try another site?

I get that they dont have an obligation to let me cam, but there reason to suddenly not let me is bullshit, seeing that i have been on the site for a year with out a problem, with how i look.

The best I could think of was age discrimination, but they aren't discriminating based on your age - just saying you look too young, so I don't think there's any basis for a lawsuit. (Obviously though I'm not a lawyer and I've never heard of anything similar, soooo this is just speculative.)

That said, looking more broadly, I have questions. Like if Facebook decided tomorrow to ban all women's profiles (or openly gay, or transgender, or Jewish people, or men, or whatever) - if they aren't technically obligated to let anyone have an account, would that be legally okay? It seems like nowadays things like Facebook (or, idk, Gmail, Apple, LinkedIn, etc) are so ingrained in North American society that it could be a problem if they decided to start banning people like that. Anyways I know nothing about any of this but am just curious if there's been any cases regarding things like this.

Wow, is that true? If so that's absolutely ridiculous. There is a valid fetish for older ladies.
I'm pretty sure it is true. I remember a lady coming here explaining that it happened to her. I don't think in the story that they told her she was too old. They just disregarded her application. She works on Streamate now and, judging by placement, she is successful. I think it kind of makes sense although it's a tough pill to swallow. MFC caters to more of a mainstream (maybe not the best word?) group. I hope I'm not the only one who remembers this. It was a few years ago I think.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
That really sucks, gudheadt. Have you tried changing your appearance to conform to their standards better? I know that's not the best solution, but it might be easier than starting over on a new site. There are a few things you can do to make yourself look older.

That really sucks, gudheadt. Have you tried changing your appearance to conform to their standards better? I know that's not the best solution, but it might be easier than starting over on a new site. There are a few things you can do to make yourself look older.
im really not sure what i could do to make my self look older? i cant even grow a beard lol
and my account have been banned for 14days or so now, so its not like i can just get back on it and act older or something.
also just want to make sure people understand that i dont encorage people thinking that im underage, it sayes it in my BIO that im 20. and i make sure to tell people my age, if any one is confusede about it in my room.
That's such a weird reason. o_O; And really subjective.

yes it is, ive not seen them ban any one before because they looked young, but still where able to provide id, that showed that they where 18+.also before that email i got the stardart messagde from cb when ever i askede about my ban
"As you may have noticed, your account with the Chaturbate live cam community has been terminated. This termination is due to suspected violation of our terms of service.
Let us know if you require any further assistance, and we will be happy to help!"

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Lila Brooks
Look for a website that knows how to think for themselves and doesn't let their members run their site. I don't know how many camgirls, myself included, that look hella younger than you, and I'm absolutely sure we get reported a lot, we still have the ability to cam. My opinion of Chaturbate may be a little biased but I find it absolutely moronic that they, despite having legal documentation of you being over 18, will still not let you cam because people don't think you're over 18. BUT, that is their site and just let them be ridiculous while you find a better site and roll in the dough while bragging how "This coulda been us but you banned me." Lol Sorry just trying to bring some humor.

This happened to a guy on Ifriends too. Chaturbate and Ifriends are the only two sites I've heard of this happening.

I've heard Cam4 is good for guys and is similar to Chaturbate. Some make a lot there Also flirt4free I've heard is ok in the guy's section. Honestly if Chaturbate were my only site I'd be nervous all the time because they have banned SO many hosts out of the blue like they did you. I won't depend on them myself, just use them for occasional side money. It's well worth branching out and trying new sites.

Reactions: Violet Dawn
You do look very young. In 20 years this will work to your advantage but now not so much.
Fake IDs are very easy to obtain. Hell, I made my own at 18 to make me 21 which worked all but one time.
What you actually provided them is a photo of your ID, photos can be easily photoshopped.

Given the half-ass way Chaturabate seems to run their business, I am sure they don't want any FBI folks poking around their offices.

Sorry, it happened to you but I think you have little choice but to find a new site.

You realize in the USA companies can FIRE people for being ... ugly?Like if I owned an American company I could fire people and say "yeah, you're fired because you look like a potato and I fucking hate potatoes" This is for employees. You aren't even an employee. You're a contract worker, they don't need to give you a reason.

Chaturbate has a reputation for banning without much reason. People are here all the time about it and I think you've been around long enough to see it happen. Chaturbate doesn't like the way you look ergo find a new site. There is no point in trying to understand why, or how - just take your dedicated fans to another site, they lose in the end. It is a term of your employment - they ban at their discretion. They could willy nilly terminate all dudes tomorrow and no longer offer male performers a platform. I honestly don't think tweeting and saying stuff here is going to change the fact they do not find you worth the trouble. Work for someone who values you dude.

@GenXoxo I PMed your answer BB :h:

You realize in the USA companies can FIRE people for being ... ugly?Like if I owned an American company I could fire people and say "yeah, you're fired because you look like a potato and I fucking hate potatoes" This is for employees. You aren't even an employee. You're a contract worker, they don't need to give you a reason.

They can also be really nasty to women who are "too hot" and therefore "distraciting" to the male employees. A few articles have come out in the past few years about that, and it's gross.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
It might be legal but its super shitty. I just came here to say that.

Imagine if they started jsut randomly banning women for looking too skinny, or too fat.. or too.. black?
I dunno. Its crapola.

I was getting ready to type a similar response before I read yours. Just because it's technically legal doesn't make it right. As someone who's told I look too young to cam on a regular basis I'd be super pissed off if my site suddenly decided to ban me because of it. No one can help looking younger than they are. So if you spray dyed your hair gray every day would you then be "suitable" in their eyes?

I don't know how Chaturbate operates but it looks as if your profile is still there. Did they happen to unban you or do they just not remove profiles after a suspension?

Welcome back again, @gudheadt !

Remember when this happened back in October?
Your account has to be flagged. Unless I missed some threads, this is the 4th or 5th time you have been banned/suspended in 4 months - expect to be banned again unless you make serious changes.

You are selling your personality and your image - if your image appears to break rules... repeatedly... change your image or change the site. I honestly don't see any other advice that we can give you other than "oh, that sucks", which helps morale but doesn't prevent you from getting banned again.

I do wish you the best of luck, and happy belated birthday!

They can also be really nasty to women who are "too hot" and therefore "distraciting" to the male employees. A few articles have come out in the past few years about that, and it's gross.
Ugh. I had a boss once that told me I had to start dressing "really baggy" because I was distracting to other employees (mainly her SON who wanted to date me but I refused-this was right after). I told her that I dresses very conservatively....in women's business suits....and if she wanted me to dress differently she needed to buy me the clothing she wanted me to wear. She showed up the next day with business suits...all size 8. I'm a size 2. Uh? How did she expect me to wear these?

So I went and exchanged them for the exact suits in my appropriate size...and got her a thank you card.

Bwahahahah!

Ugh. I had a boss once that told me I had to start dressing "really baggy" because I was distracting to other employees (mainly her SON who wanted to date me but I refused-this was right after). I told her that I dresses very conservatively....in women's business suits....and if she wanted me to dress differently she needed to buy me the clothing she wanted me to wear. She showed up the next day with business suits...all size 8. I'm a size 2. Uh? How did she expect me to wear these?

So I went and exchanged them for the exact suits in my appropriate size...and got her a thank you card.

Bwahahahah!

What the.... The bottoms for those suits would be falling off you, how could she think that that's "better"? :facepalm:

Welcome back again, @gudheadt !

Remember when this happened back in October?
Your account has to be flagged. Unless I missed some threads, this is the 4th or 5th time you have been banned/suspended in 4 months - expect to be banned again unless you make serious changes.

You are selling your personality and your image - if your image appears to break rules... repeatedly... change your image or change the site. I honestly don't see any other advice that we can give you other than "oh, that sucks", which helps morale but doesn't prevent you from getting banned again.

I do wish you the best of luck, and happy belated birthday!

I dunno, man. What can he do? He's already said he can't grow a beard. Plus, I can't help but feel he shouldn't have to do anything. If what you're saying is right, Chaturbate have wrongly banned him 4-5 times, he's then proven his age to Chaturbate 4-5 times, and been reinstated 4-5 times. He's old enough to cam and Chaturbate know he's old enough to cam. If he gets banned again, the fault lies with Chaturbate and the way Chaturbate run their business, not with Gudheadt for not being able to grow a beard.

Agree however he knows he is just gonna keep getting reported and banned automatically so it's best just to move on to a site that is not going to keep doing that to you. After a certain point youre just asking for it to continue happening. You know how their system works and you know it's gonna happen and they obviously arent going to change so why keep giving them money??

@mynameisbob84 - This is not a matter of fault or finger-pointing, it's a business matter of trying to solve an issue that is preventing a model from working with a specific company that can hopefully serve as a learning tool for other models as well. It can be easy to see me "taking the side" of CB here since I'm not actively condemning their actions - they are and have been acting well within their contractual/legal rights, and with good reason, and there have been no contractually "wrongful bans" - but in actuality, I am simply trying to keep an impartial view on the matter and see the perspective from both sides. That is how we find practical solutions: with knowledge, not emotion.

There are plenty of other ways to change image, if one wishes, beyond just growing facial hair: ask any female model. Clothing, hairstyle, camroom layout, lighting, makeup, whatever it may be. Repeatedly running into the same wall and coming back here looking for new answers is simply an act of futility, in my humble and honest opinion. I truly would love to help, but it's impossible to help one who is not willing to change themselves.

The most any of us can do is learn from these experiences and how CB enforces its policies, and try to help prevent these breaches in the future. But this is all just my two-cents from several years of working with the site with minimal negative experiences - it's only worth as much as it is subjectively valued.

All the best, @gudheadt - let me know if you want any further assistance with public image or finding another camsite.

Agree however he knows he is just gonna keep getting reported and banned automatically so it's best just to move on to a site that is not going to keep doing that to you. After a certain point youre just asking for it to continue happening. You know how their system works and you know it's gonna happen and they obviously arent going to change so why keep giving them money??

I agree with Teagan. I know it really sucks for you to even have to consider leaving CB, since it appears to be THE site for solo male cam models. If you ever decide that you're done with CB and want a change, maybe consider looking into ImLive? They have a few categories for male cam models, and I remember that, a long time ago, one of their male models even made their Hall of Fame list. :) How awesome is that? Cams also has a category for male cam models.

Reactions: Teagan
I agree with Teagan. I know it really sucks for you to even have to consider leaving CB, since it appears to be THE site for solo male cam models. If you ever decide that you're done with CB and want a change, maybe consider looking into ImLive? They have a few categories for male cam models, and I remember that, a long time ago, one of their male models even made their Hall of Fame list. :) How awesome is that? Cams also has a category for male cam models.
yeah its the site to be on if you are a male performer.. so its not like i can just switch site and still keep on doing as im doing.

fvi after having been on the site one time after the last ban, im banned again, and Again with out a warning or a true reason... so yeah. im pist lol

yeah its the site to be on if you are a male performer.. so its not like i can just switch site and still keep on doing as im doing.

fvi after having been on the site one time after the last ban, im banned again, and Again with out a warning or a true reason... so yeah. im pist lol
Have you ever thought about moving to Streamate?

Reactions: SexySteph
It definitely sounds like time to try other sites. Why not take time off of cb and give the sites other people have recommended a shot? If cb keeps banning you I doubt they will stop. It sucks but unless you find a way to look older there isn't much you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.