AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not sure about this....but I'm curious what you all think

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

Jul 31, 2011
I'm also not exactly sure how to frame this: so much of it has been touched on before in various threads here. And I wanna be clear, too....and start by saying that I'm not opening this discussion in the hopes of “saving” the model in question. She is however, struggling, and today I saw something in camland that I'd never seen before....and it seems to be at least a part of the reason for her struggle.

I'm curious whether any models here have faced something similar within themselves, and to hear any thought you may want to offer here.

This model is a very sexual woman who doesn't quite know what to do with her sexuality at work. It's not shyness (or maybe it is...I only know her from what I've seen). I've seen her just “let herself go” and do a cumshow in free....but not as the result of her room...mostly because she just had an “itch that needed scratching” In those moments, her sexuality was...wanton, I think is the word....a lust that enjoyed the exhibitionist part of it as much as the physical part of it. She knew exactly what she was doing.

And it was perfectly...slutty (if that word doesn't sit well with you, choose one that does). It was just the kind of thing that you'd imagine would keep her room busy at MFC. But that was also the very rare exception rather than the rule, and she usually only feels comfortable being wanton in private. And she doesn't get many of those..nor even many tips towards a countdown. The reason for that seems to be that it's all or nothing for her....the wanton part of her is reserved for something that her room rarely provides....and I don't know her well enough to do more than speculate what that “something” might be....what it felt like today tho (and what prompted this thread) is that it's got something to do with an inhibition towards allowing her lusty abandon out enough in free to even suggest that she's anything other than a sincere, genuinely nice person....who most enjoys talking to sincere, genuinely nice people.

It feels important here to mention that she's working to support herself, same as almost every model.
And she wants the job....like so many at MFC, it's an opportunity that can pay better than anything else in her world. But unlike most models, she doesn't woo....she wants to be wooed, which suggests to me that she's a romantic -for lack of a better word- whose overtly sexual side depends on circumstances that aren't usually present in a room.

Every model I know wears some kind of a mask at MFC...it's the thing that makes you cautious about your personal life, it's the thing that allows you to judge members, and yourself....to determine what is not only encouraged by you, but what you'll put up with if there are tokens involved. It's your “work face”, and it leaves a part of you in another room, away from the camera and the guys. Many of you have found a balance between whatever is the equivalent of what I said was “the romantic” part of this model ( call it your private persona), and the part of you that you're willing to give to your work....and that balance is what helps camming be both fun and profitable for you.

This model truly does not seem to have a filter that allows her to separate her “work face” from her real one, or to integrate her innate sexuality with the ability to woo her guys.

Which leads me, finally, to the question that is the reason for this thread.

Have any of you struggled with anything similar to what I've tried to describe here? Did you -in finding your place in camland- face anything like this? I'm curious about your insights. And I'm a little hesitant to ask....it all seems a little personal to me.

But I'm asking anyway

Re: Not sure about this....but I'm curious what you all thin

This is how I read the situation:

Your model Paulina (I just named her that, she needs a name) is a very sexual woman, but the way it is presented is not doing her any favors when it comes to camming in MFC.

You feel that it would benefit her to have more of a "game face" on MFC and channel her sexuality so that when she is not "on", she still appears sexually available to prospective tippers/private goers.

You are wondering if any of us have encountered a situation where we separated our "real" sex life or sexual urges from our camming sex life.

If I have gauged your post correctly; my answer is no, my natural inhibitions and those I present on cam are pretty much identical. However, I understand how to flirt, so when I want men to take advantage of me I can try to seduce them. Seduction is much easier in real life when you can just grab their ass, but I manage.

Reactions: LadyLuna

Evvie said:
If I have gauged your post correctly; my answer is no, my natural inhibitions and those I present on cam are pretty much identical. However, I understand how to flirt, so when I want men to take advantage of me I can try to seduce them. Seduction is much easier in real life when you can just grab their ass, but I manage.

close enough evvie :lol:
thanks
yeah....it's about the art of seduction maybe

point taken

It seems to me that she wants the members to seduce her and say how much they want her? Or am I misinterpreting?

When I started camming, my focus was on having fun and pleasing the people in my room. I did really well, but started to feel very used and walked all over by the guys who wouldn't tip, and would act like assholes. So I made the focus about me instead. That was a huge mistake. First of all, I don't actually like being the center of attention from random people. I like to give others attention and get some in return, but need to focus on making the people watching me happy in order to be true to myself, and in order to make any money.

If she wants to have members seduce her, she needs to indicate in her profile that it's what she's looking for. If you couldn't figure it out, it's likely other members can't either and are being driven away, so it's a good idea for her to put whatever she's looking for in her profile, and talk about it, play it up in her room.

My exhaustion kicked in after my first sentence, so I apologize for any incoherence.

LadyLuna said:
It seems to me that she wants the members to seduce her and say how much they want her? Or am I misinterpreting?
no...it feels like you got it....and yeah...i guess it's one way to approach it, but if feels a little heavy handed to me....MFC has always seems a reciprocal sorta experience to me

If she wants to have members seduce her, she needs to indicate in her profile that it's what she's looking for.
i like this....it's so simple and direct....elegant.

My exhaustion kicked in after my first sentence, so I apologize for any incoherence.
pretty much how i felt writing it :lol:

thanks luna

CammiStar said:
I am getting from your post that your friend only knows how to be her genuine self on cam, and that genuine self is someone who gets super turned on by being enticed by a man, not the other way around. She feels somewhat "wrong" or "fake" if she were to try to persuade or flirt to encourage tips. Is that right?
yeah....that's exactly what it feels like to me.

I think learning how to do the "dance" on MFC just takes time. There is no secret formula to finding that balance. Having a game face doesn't make her less genuine, even though she may feel that way. Although as a model you typically aren't going to feel the same kind of sexual response you might feel in a true relationship where there is no business aspect, you can still genuinely enjoy yourself, albeit at different level/intensity.
i understand, and you're right of course about the secret formula.....otherwise, everybody would be on the first row of page 1.....but you're observation about the nature of sexuality at mfc is poignant....my observation was that she wanted the job....it maybe only that she needs it....

thanks for taking a moment to respond, cammi

Selling sex/sensuality is not easy. It is a product of oneself, so some emotion is invested in it no matter what kind of persona you're wearing.
Sounds like Pauline is just trying to find the happy medium of giving away just enough to keep the audience titillated as well as herself.

Romancing by members, is not something I would want. Better yet an interest in what I am offering and a similar horny exuberance.

DeltaofVenus said:
Selling sex/sensuality is not easy. It is a product of oneself, so some emotion is invested in it no matter what kind of persona you're wearing.
Sounds like Pauline is just trying to find the happy medium of giving away just enough to keep the audience titillated as well as herself.

Romancing by members, is not something I would want. Better yet an interest in what I am offering and a similar horny exuberance.

yeah....good answer....and in it lies what feels to me to be her conflict....it doesn't feel like she's willing to find that happy medium....the word "romantic" may have misrepresented her mindset....but -as luna suggested- she's not being clear about her personal expectations....about what she's offering.....

and that is likely concealing the "horny exhuberance" within her :)

bob said:
DeltaofVenus said:

yeah....good answer....and in it lies what feels to me to be her conflict....it doesn't feel like she's willing to find that happy medium....the word "romantic" may have misrepresented her mindset....but -as luna suggested- she's not being clear about her personal expectations....about what she's offering.....

and that is likely concealing the "horny exhuberance" within her :)

Since this is her job, and from what you suggest she is not doing as well as she would like to be, maybe it isn't her personal expectations that is keeping her sexual prowess at bay. It's probably the business and ego.
Flaunting/flirting/exhibiting to a sea of faceless color coded usernames who may or may not be seriously interested in tipping or a private is daunting. Sometimes it feels like there is a lot less to lose when holding back. And when holding back it is hard to experiment and find that happy medium.

I know this is in Ask-a-Model, but I think I see a couple of things here.

If you're right about your friend's need to be romanced rather than to be a seductress,

1) depending on whether that's just what turns her on or if that completely engages her real emotions, she might be opening herself up to the reverse of the usual problem we see, where she might get too attached to a member who treats her really well.

2) if properly advertised (her profile, as has been said, Twitter, word of mouth, whatever), she's got a huge potential pool of customers. A lot of the so-called white knights (which I would probably be myself if I hadn't seen how much they're despised here) would love someone who responds to romantic gestures. Lots of other guys would too. I know this isn't the usual real-world situation, but in popular media and so on we're often shown that that's what women want, so it's what a lot of guys just naturally think is the thing to do. Many guys on MFC would go nuts for a model who gets all melty when told how beautiful she is and given virtual flowers, etc.

She might have asperger's? like a few others I've noticed already (wink to yall).
Whatever it is though, she should indeed respect her own level of tolerance for manipulation, if she abhors manipulating others, she'll find people who appreciate it, I think.

Sorry I didn't catch the model's name :whistle:

I do however know one model who fairly regularly just says "fuck it" halfway through the countdown and hitachis for about 2 hours straight lol. Other times you'll tip like 25 and she'll take 150 off the countdown. Pretty sure she's just horny as fuck heh.

DeltaofVenus said:
Since this is her job, and from what you suggest she is not doing as well as she would like to be, maybe it isn't her personal expectations that is keeping her sexual prowess at bay. It's probably the business and ego.
Flaunting/flirting/exhibiting to a sea of faceless color coded usernames who may or may not be seriously interested in tipping or a private is daunting. Sometimes it feels like there is a lot less to lose when holding back. And when holding back it is hard to experiment and find that happy medium.

interesting....i wrote the opener last night...tired...concerned as much with describing the situation in a way that wouldn't be dismissed somehow as 'more of the same' (and not sure even what that meant) as i was with accuracy and sensitivity to both her and all of you.

this morning, with a cup of coffee, i snagged on the word "ego".....we've all got one of course, but your point about "a lot less to lose" rings true.....

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I know this is in Ask-a-Model, but I think I see a couple of things here.
glad you did....guys have insights too :lol:

If you're right about your friend's need to be romanced rather than to be a seductress,

1) depending on whether that's just what turns her on or if that completely engages her real emotions, she might be opening herself up to the reverse of the usual problem we see, where she might get too attached to a member who treats her really well.

yeah..that's one of the things that kick started my opener....but that paradox opens up pandora's box, bringing into question her ability to work in camming at all.....doesn't it?

2)......Many guys on MFC would go nuts for a model who gets all melty when told how beautiful she is and given virtual flowers, etc.[/quote]
indeed :lol: .....every room seems to have one or two or a handful of guys trying to make that connection...
and i think you're right about her....she likes that too.....but the trick is to turn that into tokens....and that's a trick she can't turn ;)

Jupiter551 said:

evvie dubbed her paulina.....we're going with that :mrgreen:

I do however know one model who fairly regularly just says "fuck it" halfway through the countdown and hitachis for about 2 hours straight lol. Other times you'll tip like 25 and she'll take 150 off the countdown. Pretty sure she's just horny as fuck heh.

:lol: .....you think maybe paulina needs a hitachi?

bob said:
Jupiter551 said:

evvie dubbed her paulina.....we're going with that :mrgreen:

After having been on MFC for a few years now, I have learned that every woman needs a hitachi. :dance:

Just Me said:
bob said:

After having been on MFC for a few years now, I have learned that every woman needs a Hitachi. :dance:

Well duh! I mean, even if her clit's too sensitive for it, it feels SO DAMN GOOD if I put it on my boobs (curiously enough, not on my nipples...). Or I can put myself in a harness and put the Hitachi to my harness and make the whole damn thing vibrate! mmm. Or just using it on the outside of my bra/panties for some light teasing. Or there's always the original use of massaging out tense muscles.

LadyLuna said:
Just Me said:
bob said:

After having been on MFC for a few years now, I have learned that every woman needs a Hitachi. :dance:

Well duh! I mean, even if her clit's too sensitive for it, it feels SO DAMN GOOD if I put it on my boobs (curiously enough, not on my nipples...). Or I can put myself in a harness and put the Hitachi to my harness and make the whole damn thing vibrate! mmm. Or just using it on the outside of my bra/panties for some light teasing. Or there's always the original use of massaging out tense muscles.

:thumbleft:
and we all know that horniness is just a specific form of tense muscle :-D

I will go with Oscar Wilde on this – “Good sex is simply a mixture of Fantasy and Friction”

Status
Not open for further replies.