AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Now why didn't I think of that?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2011
humboldt county, CA
I grew up in Nebraska, and have seen my fair share of tornadoes. My mom didn't drive, we had one vehicle, and my dad worked from 9am till around 8pm every day over 2 jobs; so when a tornado watch/warning would hit the news and interrupt our regularly scheduled programming, my dad would drive on over to our MOBILE HOME we lived in and gather us all up and DRIVE us over to our uncles house, where there was a basement. Yes, this was our big emergency family plan. Brilliant, yes? :lol: Now, never once in the multiple times we went through this routine did anyone EVER suggest putting on a helmet... :woops:

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/helmet-saves-boy-from-tornado-27160

Now why didn't I think of that?
I4ap8.gif

Reactions: Nordling
So glad I don't live in an area where Tornadoes are even remotely common. Otherwise I would obviously need to invest in a helmet.

I was just thinking recently that I need to get a bigger stock of water and non-perishable food in case a hurricane comes through. I brought my 1 burner hiking stove (from when I was a boy scout) and both isobutane canisters for it from Mom's house not long ago as a precaution. I'm not one of those crazy "store tons of food and ammo for some huge emergency" people but I do think I'm going to start doing a bit more to be ready. I figure if I can last 3 or 4 days comfortably without electricity or running water it would be a good start. :)

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Bocefish said:

I want that suit. Nay, I need it. I NEED to casually walk up behind a bear, tap its shoulder to get its attention, stick my middle finger in its face, apologise, claiming it was a case of mistaken identity, and then walk away without being mauled to death. I don't need much in life, but I do need that. I need that suit, dammit :?

LiLredhairedgrl said:
A helmet wouldn't be too bad in a hurricane either. And come to think of it, I am gonna add one to my earthquake survival kit. Now, what else should I put in there... :think:
A clean pair of knickers for obvious reasons.
Candles.
Matches.
And take a page out of Angelic Teases book, TOILET PAPER. You can never have enough toilet paper.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Status
Not open for further replies.