AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS and screen capturing a movie?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2020
Hey ya'll I had a friend of mine mention something to me that made me question some things I've seen!

I've noticed a lot of models using OBS to stream (awesome) and then using the screen capture feature to either play video games (also super rad) ORRRR stream movies/tv shows/ youtube videos. I initially thought that was also really cool. Maybe host a movie night of the sorts, right? But is it technically legal to be streaming a tv show from say Netflix/Prime while online in that fashion?

Let me know! I haven't done it myself personally but I am super curious and I can't find much online about it?

Thanks!!

-Your curious Cam girl

Hey ya'll I had a friend of mine mention something to me that made me question some things I've seen!

I've noticed a lot of models using OBS to stream (awesome) and then using the screen capture feature to either play video games (also super rad) ORRRR stream movies/tv shows/ youtube videos. I initially thought that was also really cool. Maybe host a movie night of the sorts, right? But is it technically legal to be streaming a tv show from say Netflix/Prime while online in that fashion?

Let me know! I haven't done it myself personally but I am super curious and I can't find much online about it?

Thanks!!

-Your curious Cam girl
It's not legal, but who's going to know if your just sharing with a few friends.

Thanks!!

-Your curious Cam girl

I recently asked @punker barbie about whether or not you can stream a small US Football overlay video, and the answer is a simple no, due to copyright infringement. I would assume places like Netflix would be even more strict, so it'd be the same issue.

Yeah! Do you think the same applies if you’re just watching the show in the background on cam not actually through screen capture but having a tv in the background? I’m just trying to figure out the legality of it all.

Yeah! Do you think the same applies if you’re just watching the show in the background on cam not actually through screen capture but having a tv in the background? I’m just trying to figure out the legality of it all.

If it's visible on the screen, then yes. Doesn't matter how, it'd be the same.
If you're watching it and people can't see it through/on your broadcast, then it's fine, or should be

Reactions: Imperialkiss
Status
Not open for further replies.