AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have noticed over the last few days, some models on MFC have had HD/Widescreen broadcasts on MFC. You're not crazy! MFC has added in support for OBS.

I tested it out for them on Wednesday, then they updated our Model Web Broadcaster (and the .exe but this post will focus on the MWB only) on Friday making it available for any model to use.

And it's fantastic.

Below are some very very basic steps to get going on this:
(Note: these screenshots and instructions are for Windows only. On macOS there are different settings.)

Start by going to https://obsproject.com/ and reading a bit on that page about how Open Broadcaster Software works. Then download the program...

Now that you've downloaded OBS, open it up and get familiar with the interface. :)

Then open your MFC Model Web Broadcaster page, click Options on the bottom of the screen, and select OBS on the Video tab.

View attachment 75333

Click the OBS Setup Information link on that window. It will take you to another window that has your stream URL and a Streamkey. (The streamkey is like a password, never show it to anyone!) Click Save.

On OBS, Click the Settings button

View attachment 75339

Click Stream on the menu. Select Custom on the stream type, copy/paste your stream URL from the model web window into URL, then copy/paste your Stream key. Hit apply.

View attachment 75350

Click Video on the menu, set the canvas and output resolution to whatever you're going to broadcast in. If you have a cam that only does 720p select that instead of 1080:

View attachment 75343

Hit Apply then go to Output on the menu.
Set your Video Bitrate to whatever you think is best. Take a look at this page to get an understanding of this and other settings - https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/ - and decide which is best for you.
You can also tell OBS where to save your recordings on this page, as well as select recording format. I think most people prefer mp4:

View attachment 75348

Click OK and go back to main OBS window.
Here you'll add stuff to your first Scene. Click the plus button and select Video Capture Device:

View attachment 75338

Name your cam whatever (I called mine Webcam 1080p) then OK:

View attachment 75337

In the Sources area you'll now see your cam as an option. Right click it there, and go to Properties.
Select your webcam on the Device dropdown (you'll need to have it plugged in first, if it doesn't show up, plug in your cam and reopen this window.)

View attachment 75342

Select Custom for Resolution/FPS type, then whichever resolution you want to broadcast at:

View attachment 75341

Scroll down on that window a little more, and add your microphone to the webcam properties by clicking "Use custom audio device" then select your microphone in the dropdown:

View attachment 75340

Click OK and go back to your main OBS window. You should see your webcam video on the canvas now. If it doesn't fit the window, right click on the webcam, then "Transform" and "fit to screen"

View attachment 75349

That should snap it perfectly into frame if you have your canvas size set to the same as your cam resolution.

If you see your video, it looks good, and you've completed all of the other settings steps, you should be able to broadcast! Make sure you have the Model Web open and set to OBS, then click Start Streaming on OBS:

View attachment 75334

On the Model Web, you may see your preview image start. It will NOT be a smooth video, it will look jumpy and like a slide show. That's how it's supposed to look. During broadcasting on MFC you'll need to refer to your OBS window to see your actual moving video image. :)

You'll need to click the bright green ATTACH THIS STREAM that pops up over the video feed on your MWB.

Then click the Start streaming in OBS Studio button to broadcast to MFC:
View attachment 75335

You're online! Smile!

Make sure to ask people in your room how your feed looks and how your audio is coming through.

That's a start to get you running, there may be other details you don't understand of OBS yet, feel free to ask and I'll do my best (or others can chime in if they are familiar with the program) to reply with help.

I keep finding that my stream cuts out or disconnects part way through my broadcast, and has an error for reconnecting. Anyone having this issue?

Reactions: JennyFae
Everyone. Sadly still not fixed.

Unfortunately, even when it did work, there were a ton of complaints on the video feed with people not being able to see it, choppy, etc. Probably due to the lack of transcoding to lower resolutions for those that can't handle HD. It seems like they're still quite a ways off from having functional HD capability.

Reactions: Bellatrix Bandit
Yeah they haven't fix it...
I switched to virtual cam... I really think having OBS was affecting my sales since It keeps disconnecting or turning my screen black during my camshows and people are just too lazy to click video on and off, there fore they leave and you don't make anything... that's why I switched to virtual cam. You might look pixelated but at least they can see you and hear you and they might even tip you if you don't suddenly go black.. haha... that's what had happened to me and what I did to change it.

Until MFCs doesn't fix this I am not using OBS because I'm loosing money.

:) Hope that helped!

Reactions: Mila_
i'm trying to stream with obs but when i get to the video preview i look squished, will i actually be squished when streaming or will it look normal?
Do you mean the preview in your browser? The image quality there is worse, but I'm not sure it should be squished. Are you using a 16:9 resolution like 1280x720 or 1920x1080 in OBS?

OBS server for MFC still down? Cammed with obs for two hours last night, looked fantastic. Then it shut down and hasn't come back up since. Anyone know if they are working on this? I am so sick of 800x600

Reactions: AngieNoir
OBS server for MFC still down? Cammed with obs for two hours last night, looked fantastic. Then it shut down and hasn't come back up since. Anyone know if they are working on this? I am so sick of 800x600
it's up for me now, also i lowered by video bitrate under the video tab cuz a member told me that's what mfc recommends (not positive on this)

i saw someone use a heart widget like the filter on snapchat, but i feel weird asking them about it and i honestly can't find anything on it! if anyone knows how to do this please let me know!

Reactions: SatanJonez
Please as soon as someone figures out how to use OBS on MFC without disconnecting please please mention me! I want to do 1 month on MFC and I am just waiting for OBS to work there.
I mean, it works flawlessly as virtual cam, but MFC still has issues to work out with the rtmp. I'll try to remember to get at ya after it seems to work better. Haven't heard anything from the admin about testing new stuff lately, not sure if it's for some reason on a backburner or what. (That would be stupid, IMO.)

• Helpful!
I mean, it works flawlessly as virtual cam, but MFC still has issues to work out with the rtmp. I'll try to remember to get at ya after it seems to work better. Haven't heard anything from the admin about testing new stuff lately, not sure if it's for some reason on a backburner or what. (That would be stupid, IMO.)

So OBS shows up like manycam or xsplit on the dropdown menu and I just select it, thats it?

So OBS shows up like manycam or xsplit on the dropdown menu and I just select it, thats it?
Yep, you just have to use the addon I linked in my previous posts.

• Helpful!
Oh no I Haven’t had a spare 10 minutes to even breath but I’m excited to soon! Thank you for tagging me!
Maybe after you're refreshed with chicken wings you will be energized enough to check it out. :D

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I was talking to Jawbs about OBS this morning (I know, we have sexy discussions at 7:30am, hot bb) and he reminded me that OBS virtual cam only does the cam part, not audio. So the way you do your shows would not work, since you pump audio into your stream and don't use your microphone for sound input.

• Helpful!
I was talking to Jawbs about OBS this morning (I know, we have sexy discussions at 7:30am, hot bb) and he reminded me that OBS virtual cam only does the cam part, not audio. So the way you do your shows would not work, since you pump audio into your stream and don't use your microphone for sound input.

It would be a sacrifice I can do. BTW I got an external keyboard per your suggestion! It does make everyone less dizzy xD

Oh snap! So does this mean recordings won’t have sound?

Oh snap! So does this mean recordings won’t have sound?
Xsplit is the same way, no virtual microphone. I have to make sure the microphone is selected in xsplit prior to recording. It's not a huge deal because it saves its settings, but occasionally during a complicated show soon after changing microphone setups I forget to double check and make sure and I get a silent recording. It has audio bars that will let you know at a glance if the mic is on, so if you have a pretty consistent setup it shouldn't be a big problem. I'm just a dumb dumb who over-complicates shit.

• Helpful!
Xsplit is the same way, no virtual microphone. I have to make sure the microphone is selected in xsplit prior to recording. It's not a huge deal because it saves its settings, but occasionally during a complicated show soon after changing microphone setups I forget to double check and make sure and I get a silent recording. It has audio bars that will let you know at a glance if the mic is on, so if you have a pretty consistent setup it shouldn't be a big problem. I'm just a dumb dumb who over-complicates shit.
Oh ok! I have to do that with manycam every day too, that’s no biggie! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.