AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: AmberCutie
Bootcamp it, baby! :)
Bootcamp and camming don't work great together in my experience. >_> I installed Bootcamp on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro so I could run xsplit and it's barely capable of streaming and recording at the same time. I never had issues on the original OS using camtwist, but I really needed the software access. It also skips a lot streaming videos. Maybe Boot Camp runs better on newer macbooks?

• Helpful!
Hi Cora! I’m using the c922 on a Mac and have the same issue with only seeing 720 vs 1080. If I find a fix I’ll let you know! ❤️

Hi Ashton! I was wondering how running the c922 on a Mac is going for you now, and what OSx are you running? Did you fix this issue, and what software do you use to stream with it if I may ask?

Bootcamp and camming don't work great together in my experience. >_> I installed Bootcamp on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro so I could run xsplit and it's barely capable of streaming and recording at the same time. I never had issues on the original OS using camtwist, but I really needed the software access. It also skips a lot streaming videos. Maybe Boot Camp runs better on newer macbooks?
Yep. I used to use Parallels to cam when I started back before the model web browser when we all had to use the Windows software. Bootcamp sucks. I used to have my hard drive partitioned (I could select whether to boot up with mac/windows) with a program called reFIT but I don't think it exists anymore (I have a totally different laptop now, a brand new macbook pro)
It just seems like way too much trouble just to use OBS to stream. They need to implement transcoding like any other site that lets its broadcasters use OBS. Nood does it so why not MFC?

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
They need to implement transcoding like any other site that lets its broadcasters use OBS. Nood does it so why not MFC?
I think they started working on it, but didn't give members a way to adjust it on their own. So it was automatic, and members that had shit Internet connections ended up watching a white screen or a very fuzzy feed most of the time instead of being able to find a balance that worked well enough for them.

As for the entire thing, I haven't heard anything from the admin I was helping for a long while now. I imagine they've had to refocus on other stuff before working out the kinks with rtmp.

Hi
Girls, if you set the music playing through OBS for a good quality of sound for members in your room how are you listening it without headphones?
This is what works for me, no headphones required:
*On the OBS mixer only my desktop audio and mic are unmuted.
(Desktop audio > Properties > Device (laptop speakers), use device timestamps check
(Mic > Properties > (the mic you are using, I advice an external mic.. the webcam one sucks. I use a samson go mic, between the cardioid, -10db and Omni I prefer to use the Omni setting. I also have a blue yeti but its not practical when I keep moving my laptop around.
--Observation-- Advanced Audio Properties, I leave my desktop audio volume at 100% and my samson audio at 300% (without this I can't hear my voice)

*I use Spotify (leave the volume 100% on the app)
*Another important thing is your sound/audio laptop settings: Sounds (Playback > use your laptop speakers as default, the same ones that are being used on the OBS desktop audio)/ (Recording > Samson.. even tho I dont think this setting its relevant)
*Last thing: Open your volume mixer and play with it. My favorite combo is (Speakers 12/15), (System Sounds 7), (OBS 4) and (Spotify 4).
I got this result by a lot of trial and error.. I recorded myself multiple times talking while having music on. Don't forget to change your volume mixer everytime you check your recordings or start broadcasting.
I use my mic on top of my laptop next to my webcam, it doesn't create echo bc I either use volume 12 or 15 on my speakers.. the music isn't blasting and I still can ear it without earphones.. my voice is louder than my music.

Another solution could be using bluetooh earplugs.. this way you don't need to play so much with the settings.
This is my first post, I tried to make it as simple as possible haha

As for the entire thing, I haven't heard anything from the admin I was helping for a long while now. I imagine they've had to refocus on other stuff before working out the kinks with rtmp.
Worked with the admin through the week to work out the major kink that was stopping me from using it. So far it seems to now be working MUCH better. No disconnects (it was happening every 10 mins or so).

As per the transcoding issue:
I think they started working on it, but didn't give members a way to adjust it on their own. So it was automatic, and members that had shit Internet connections ended up watching a white screen or a very fuzzy feed most of the time instead of being able to find a balance that worked well enough for them.
To combat this, I've decided to lower my output to 720p and lowered my bitrate to 3000 (I was at 1080p and 4500) and that seems to allow more people to be able to see my feed clearly.

Anyone still having issues? I saw one model today that was on in HD, but had to switch back to using the normal broadcaster due to people not being able to see her. Maybe she had her bitrate too high or something. Thinking about trying it again

Maybe she had her bitrate too high or something.
It does seem to help be available to a broader audience to lower to 720p and lower bitrate. That was likely her issue.

As good as 1080p looks, 720 is still great looking but puts less strain on peoples' connections/PCs. I'd suggest that for now until MFC gets a transcoding option available for members to adjust.

Tried it again and it worked good for the first few times. No issues. Now tonight, everything appeared to work fine, except the video wasn't showing when going to the room. It would say invalid video format (or something to that effect). The preview image on the home page was also blank. No settings were changed on my end. Had to switch back to virtual cam :(.

Tried it again and it worked good for the first few times. No issues. Now tonight, everything appeared to work fine, except the video wasn't showing when going to the room. It would say invalid video format (or something to that effect). The preview image on the home page was also blank. No settings were changed on my end. Had to switch back to virtual cam :(.
I watched a few models tonight, too, and it seems there were some hiccups across the board. I've sent a message to the admin about what I saw, so we'll see what happens.

I plan to use OBS for gaming tomorrow, so I'm scared there's new issues we're running into that I'll have to deal with when I cam. :( Here's to hoping it's an easy fix!

I watched a few models tonight, too, and it seems there were some hiccups across the board. I've sent a message to the admin about what I saw, so we'll see what happens.

I plan to use OBS for gaming tomorrow, so I'm scared there's new issues we're running into that I'll have to deal with when I cam. :( Here's to hoping it's an easy fix!

If they get OBS working by December I might do an MFC take over with my members from CB to try to score a top 20 spot there. We will see

If they get OBS working by December I might do an MFC take over with my members from CB to try to score a top 20 spot there. We will see
It's kind of hit or miss right now I think. The functionality is working but I think the servers aren't as stable as they need to be, hence some of us having disconnects here and there. It's nowhere near as bad as it was before, though.

Last night I debuted my new setup. Dual PCs with capture card to stream games from one to the other, new OBS effects, new external Mic, new webcam, new green screen, new streamdeck...

Image shows my messy but functional setup

Blue Yeti Mic
Arm for the Mic (necessary)
Shock mount for Mic (necessary)
Razer Kiyo Webcam
USB ring lights
Streamdeck
IMG_6164.jpg

I got this popup green screen panel (which I'm sad, I got the super premium Elgato one but it's too skinny!) and put it sideways so it actually filled my whole cam space. (Cam had to be in 4:3 mode)
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.05.32 AM.png

The lighting shown in the image was enough to make it pretty flawless with the chroma key. Note the lack of shadows which is important for a clear image on cam.

IMG_6165.JPG

The streamdeck came in super handy to switch scenes and post my animations when someone tipped nicely. I love it!

It's kind of hit or miss right now I think. The functionality is working but I think the servers aren't as stable as they need to be, hence some of us having disconnects here and there. It's nowhere near as bad as it was before, though.

Last night I debuted my new setup. Dual PCs with capture card to stream games from one to the other, new OBS effects, new external Mic, new webcam, new green screen, new streamdeck...

Image shows my messy but functional setup

Blue Yeti Mic
Arm for the Mic (necessary)
Shock mount for Mic (necessary)
Razer Kiyo Webcam
USB ring lights
Streamdeck
View attachment 78839

I got this popup green screen panel (which I'm sad, I got the super premium Elgato one but it's too skinny!) and put it sideways so it actually filled my whole cam space. (Cam had to be in 4:3 mode)
View attachment 78841

The lighting shown in the image was enough to make it pretty flawless with the chroma key. Note the lack of shadows which is important for a clear image on cam.

View attachment 78842

The streamdeck came in super handy to switch scenes and post my animations when someone tipped nicely. I love it!
I got the same green screen and it is tiny :( you lit it better than I ever could though

• Helpful!
Reactions: silici0
I got the same green screen and it is tiny
The popup one I linked/posted pic of is a rounded 5x7 so when it's hung sideways it's quite wide... though not wide enough to use a 16:9 cam unfortunately. I have 2 of the popups to put side by side if I need to someday in order to utilize a widescreen cam situation.

I am VERY disappointed at the hella expensive and heavy Elgato greenscreen. It's 5x7 as well, but can only be stood up tall not sideways, which makes it basically impossible to use unless it is pushed up directly to the back of my chair, and definitely only in 4:3 cam. Kinda pissed that it's too heavy and ordered too long ago to return. I can't imagine a scenario where that one would work. Photos or recorded video only, I guess, since the chair is a problem.

The popup one I linked/posted pic of is a rounded 5x7 so when it's hung sideways it's quite wide... though not wide enough to use a 16:9 cam unfortunately. I have 2 of the popups to put side by side if I need to someday in order to utilize a widescreen cam situation.

I am VERY disappointed at the hella expensive and heavy Elgato greenscreen. It's 5x7 as well, but can only be stood up tall not sideways, which makes it basically impossible to use unless it is pushed up directly to the back of my chair, and definitely only in 4:3 cam. Kinda pissed that it's too heavy and ordered too long ago to return. I can't imagine a scenario where that one would work. Photos or recorded video only, I guess, since the chair is a problem.
I have the Elgato one, and its useless because of size

I had similar problems with a green screen that I bought so I ended up building my own from some cloth and a curtain rod that I got from IKEA. It cost maybe a third of what the first green screen cost so I am a bit chagrined that I didn't do it myself in the first place.

I had similar problems with a green screen that I bought so I ended up building my own from some cloth and a curtain rod that I got from IKEA. It cost maybe a third of what the first green screen cost so I am a bit chagrined that I didn't do it myself in the first place.
I have 3 HUGE green screen sheets, but it's such a pain in the ass to set up. I plan to only use those when I eventually do a mixed reality VR gaming session in my living room.

I can just pull mine aside like a curtain so it doesn't take up space, but I need to figure out a better solution for the lights.
My experience with the sheets is they need to be pulled rather tight to avoid shadows in the little wrinkles/creases that form. Yeah it does make lighting kinda a pain too.

That's the nicest thing about the panels, there are no wrinkles. It just sucks they have rounded corners lol.

My experience with the sheets is they need to be pulled rather tight to avoid shadows in the little wrinkles/creases that form. Yeah it does make lighting kinda a pain too.

That's the nicest thing about the panels, there are no wrinkles. It just sucks they have rounded corners lol.
I got some thick cloth that doesn't wrinkle easily, I think the English name for it is duvetyne or commando cloth. It was so cheap that I thought I was getting scammed when I ordered it. If I would get any wrinkles I have a Phillips Steam & Go that I normally use for my curtains because I hate ironing :)

Just wanted to pop in to say that the new Charlesbot scripts work in xsplit even if you're using it as a virtual camera instead of the beta HD streaming. I'm not sure what the minimum token amount is though, I think it's 10? Kinda neat, nothing super fancy but cute!

Some of you may have noticed over the last few days, some models on MFC have had HD/Widescreen broadcasts on MFC. You're not crazy! MFC has added in support for OBS.

I tested it out for them on Wednesday, then they updated our Model Web Broadcaster (and the .exe but this post will focus on the MWB only) on Friday making it available for any model to use.

And it's fantastic.

Below are some very very basic steps to get going on this:
(Note: these screenshots and instructions are for Windows only. On macOS there are different settings.)

Start by going to https://obsproject.com/ and reading a bit on that page about how Open Broadcaster Software works. Then download the program...

Now that you've downloaded OBS, open it up and get familiar with the interface. :)

Then open your MFC Model Web Broadcaster page, click Options on the bottom of the screen, and select OBS on the Video tab.

View attachment 75333

Click the OBS Setup Information link on that window. It will take you to another window that has your stream URL and a Streamkey. (The streamkey is like a password, never show it to anyone!) Click Save.

On OBS, Click the Settings button

View attachment 75339

Click Stream on the menu. Select Custom on the stream type, copy/paste your stream URL from the model web window into URL, then copy/paste your Stream key. Hit apply.

View attachment 75350

Click Video on the menu, set the canvas and output resolution to whatever you're going to broadcast in. If you have a cam that only does 720p select that instead of 1080:

View attachment 75343

Hit Apply then go to Output on the menu.
Set your Video Bitrate to whatever you think is best. Take a look at this page to get an understanding of this and other settings - https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/ - and decide which is best for you.
You can also tell OBS where to save your recordings on this page, as well as select recording format. I think most people prefer mp4:

View attachment 75348

Click OK and go back to main OBS window.
Here you'll add stuff to your first Scene. Click the plus button and select Video Capture Device:

View attachment 75338

Name your cam whatever (I called mine Webcam 1080p) then OK:

View attachment 75337

In the Sources area you'll now see your cam as an option. Right click it there, and go to Properties.
Select your webcam on the Device dropdown (you'll need to have it plugged in first, if it doesn't show up, plug in your cam and reopen this window.)

View attachment 75342

Select Custom for Resolution/FPS type, then whichever resolution you want to broadcast at:

View attachment 75341

Scroll down on that window a little more, and add your microphone to the webcam properties by clicking "Use custom audio device" then select your microphone in the dropdown:

View attachment 75340

Click OK and go back to your main OBS window. You should see your webcam video on the canvas now. If it doesn't fit the window, right click on the webcam, then "Transform" and "fit to screen"

View attachment 75349

That should snap it perfectly into frame if you have your canvas size set to the same as your cam resolution.

If you see your video, it looks good, and you've completed all of the other settings steps, you should be able to broadcast! Make sure you have the Model Web open and set to OBS, then click Start Streaming on OBS:

View attachment 75334

On the Model Web, you may see your preview image start. It will NOT be a smooth video, it will look jumpy and like a slide show. That's how it's supposed to look. During broadcasting on MFC you'll need to refer to your OBS window to see your actual moving video image. :)

You'll need to click the bright green ATTACH THIS STREAM that pops up over the video feed on your MWB.

Then click the Start streaming in OBS Studio button to broadcast to MFC:
View attachment 75335

You're online! Smile!

Make sure to ask people in your room how your feed looks and how your audio is coming through.

That's a start to get you running, there may be other details you don't understand of OBS yet, feel free to ask and I'll do my best (or others can chime in if they are familiar with the program) to reply with help.

This is my first post and I apologize if I'm not doing it properly, but thank you for the info on this! I've been seeing stuff about OBS on twitter for awhile now and was always pretty confused by it!

That's really awesome of them to add support for them!
Also, kudos to you Amber for the awesome guide..!

Status
Not open for further replies.