AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did suspect that but i may try rmoving some recently added features just incase
if it continues to be a problem to the point that it interferes with you having a successful shift, downloading the virtual cam add on and using it as a flash source directly to MFC (not rtmp HD connection) might be a good idea. You won't be in HD but the feed will still look nice in 800 x 600 and you can still utilize the mfc alert fun stuff. :)

Reactions: AngieNoir
Virtual Cam looks all squished when you use it though, I'm having trouble getting the resolution right when I use it.
Did you get the size issue figured out? Not sure if you've tried it again the last couple days, figured I'd follow up.

Ive possibly found a fix for the 'cam off' issue. Instead of logging off and closing OBS just turn off mfc alerts (click the eye next to it in the source list) then immediately turn it back on. so far so good...... ill let you know after my shift

edit: that gets rid of the 'cam off' text but im stil gone from my room and no longer broadcasting. On the mfc browser window it tells me to 'start broadcasting' on obs which obviously ive already clicked as i was in my room. OBS thinks it is broadcasting so i have to click stop, then start, then go online on mfc browser window.

Im using the lovense browser.... lets see if it still happens on regular chrome

Last edited:
Are they not now? I didn't know that
Some of my regulars told me that they were unable to request privates with me because it was all greyed out, and the problem resolved itself as soon as I stopped streaming through OBS. It was incredibly frustrating. Maybe this was just a one time bug though?

Some of my regulars told me that they were unable to request privates with me because it was all greyed out, and the problem resolved itself as soon as I stopped streaming through OBS. It was incredibly frustrating. Maybe this was just a one time bug though?
Currently MFC is not allowing privates or groups while using the rtmp connection. I do believe it's because there's so many connection/server issues with it still, don't want to be charging people per minute for a show they could constantly get disconnected from, etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: des and MiaFoxUK
Ive possibly found a fix for the 'cam off' issue. Instead of logging off and closing OBS just turn off mfc alerts (click the eye next to it in the source list) then immediately turn it back on. so far so good...... ill let you know after my shift

edit: that gets rid of the 'cam off' text but im stil gone from my room and no longer broadcasting. On the mfc browser window it tells me to 'start broadcasting' on obs which obviously ive already clicked as i was in my room. OBS thinks it is broadcasting so i have to click stop, then start, then go online on mfc browser window.

Im using the lovense browser.... lets see if it still happens on regular chrome
Yeah I was trying to tell ya before that it isn't a bug with mfc alerts, it's a feature telling you that you're disconnected from mfc. :)

Its 100% the mfc alerts that is causing the disconnect though :) so right now I'm just using obs without the alerts
Let me know if you notice any difference.

Reactions: MiaFoxUK
Its 100% the mfc alerts that is causing the disconnect though :) so right now I'm just using obs without the alerts
Not to be contrary, but I feel like this isn't actually possible. The alerts is just a webpage you use as a source in OBS. The content of our OBS stream doesn't have any effect on how it uploads to the server; it's still gonna be using the bitrate and resolution you selected. You could load any website in OBS, it doesn't matter since Alerts isn't an OBS feature. You can view it as a browser window while you're streaming to see it in it's bare form; it should still be in use even when its not attached to OBS unless you turn it off via the Alerts setting.

The only thing I can think of is your computer isn't capable of adding a webpage source with that much going on. You might want to try adding another sophisticated webpage, like maybe a YouTube video or something, as a source and seeing how your feed handles it.

Not to be contrary, but I feel like this isn't actually possible. The alerts is just a webpage you use as a source in OBS. The content of our OBS stream doesn't have any effect on how it uploads to the server; it's still gonna be using the bitrate and resolution you selected. You could load any website in OBS, it doesn't matter since Alerts isn't an OBS feature. You can view it as a browser window while you're streaming to see it in it's bare form; it should still be in use even when its not attached to OBS unless you turn it off via the Alerts setting.

The only thing I can think of is your computer isn't capable of adding a webpage source with that much going on. You might want to try adding another sophisticated webpage, like maybe a YouTube video or something, as a source and seeing how your feed handles it.

worth a try but i am running a high powered laptop. I tried every variable I could think off, and turning off the alerts was the only thing that let me broadcast for 60mins+ without this disconnect.
To test with an alternative url than the updates one do i literally just replace the url in the sources? Although ive used obs for years ive only used it on Streamate as a really basic encoder type thang

worth a try but i am running a high powered laptop. I tried every variable I could think off, and turning off the alerts was the only thing that let me broadcast for 60mins+ without this disconnect.
To test with an alternative url than the updates one do i literally just replace the url in the sources? Although ive used obs for years ive only used it on Streamate as a really basic encoder type thang
If you run OBS on SM and have a high powered laptop, that's almost certainly not the problem (but yes, you add a different webpage the same way you add Alerts but with a different URL).

It sounds like a coincidence. The RTMP feature is still pretty buggy, and an hour isn't really that much time to stay connected. Make sure you're streaming at 720 resolution and 2500 bitrate at 30fps to keep it as stable as possible while beta is still without transcoding. In my opinion, as beautiful as it is it's not worth it yet, especially not with 720 instead of 1080. Even when it seems to be running smoothly, it's pretty much guaranteed that there are some guys getting a blank screen that are just leaving your room instead of saying anything, particularly those on mobile and tablets. Or they're getting a choppy feed.

I don't trust the general room when asked about feed quality. The guys who have problems assume its their connection and don't say anything or they leave. Luckily I have a few close regs who will do A/B testing and let me know that while it's ok on desktop, its fucked up on tablet, and they're the only ones claiming any issues.

Reactions: MiaFoxUK
The reason I mentioned an hour is because with the disconnects I was unable to stream for even 10 mins, so in comparison an hour felt like forever :p

I LOVE the MFC Alerts but I agree, Im sticking to the regular broadcaster on high settings for now :D

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
I LOVE the MFC Alerts but I agree, Im sticking to the regular broadcaster on high settings for now :D
Using OBS as virtual cam (regular broadcasting on high settings), you can still use MFC Alerts.

Using OBS as virtual cam (regular broadcasting on high settings), you can still use MFC Alerts.

I will have a play with this next week I think, is there something else to download for the virtual cam?.... im sure ive seen something

hi,when i use virtual cam in obs for mfc,mic is ok,but they cant hear music.i have tried to find the answer here on the forum,but no success,do you have any advice on that issue please?

Has anybody else noticed that the stability is getting better?! I know it's prob still going to take a while. But I'm EXCITE! I used it over the weekend for the first time, and I can hardly wait until there are no more disconnects, but at least it doesn't clear the chatroom or pms, etc. Oh please please please be ready soon everywhere! Privates, etc. I don't need it in Club shows though. I

Hey! This information has been soo helpful, thank you! I finally am able to use OBS.

I do have a question.. does anyone know how to add a stop watch/timer so that I can see how long I've been streaming? For a mac. I feel like I've searched everywhere.. thank you in advance!

Hey! This information has been soo helpful, thank you! I finally am able to use OBS.

I do have a question.. does anyone know how to add a stop watch/timer so that I can see how long I've been streaming? For a mac. I feel like I've searched everywhere.. thank you in advance!
Not sure, but I know on MFC with Charlesbot you can do !uptime and it'll post how long you've been in your MFC session.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kirby

There is a script for that which OBS can run. Go to https://github.com/cg2121/obs-advanced-timer/releases/tag/v0.2 and download the zip file. Unzip the file into your preferred folder. Start up OBS and in Sources add a new Text (GDI+) source, name it to Countup or something that you will recognize. Change the font and colors to something you like and press OK. Now go to the tools menu at the top of OBS and choose scripts. Press the plus symbol to add a new script and load the advanced-timer.lua that you unzipped earlier. Change the Mode to Countup, the Text Source to the Text (GDI+) source that we created earlier which in my case was named Countup. Change the activation mode to Start timer on activation and here in the script menu you will have a button to start/stop the timer and a button to reset it.

There is a script for that which OBS can run. Go to https://github.com/cg2121/obs-advanced-timer/releases/tag/v0.2 and download the zip file. Unzip the file into your preferred folder. Start up OBS and in Sources add a new Text (GDI+) source, name it to Countup or something that you will recognize. Change the font and colors to something you like and press OK. Now go to the tools menu at the top of OBS and choose scripts. Press the plus symbol to add a new script and load the advanced-timer.lua that you unzipped earlier. Change the Mode to Countup, the Text Source to the Text (GDI+) source that we created earlier which in my case was named Countup. Change the activation mode to Start timer on activation and here in the script menu you will have a button to start/stop the timer and a button to reset it.
I'm not sure if it was that specific add-on, but when I used a timer like such it made my cam completely stuttery and OBS got really laggy. It was definitely the timer that caused it, as soon as I removed it all was fine. So, something to keep an eye on.

I'm not sure if it was that specific add-on, but when I used a timer like such it made my cam completely stuttery and OBS got really laggy. It was definitely the timer that caused it, as soon as I removed it all was fine. So, something to keep an eye on.
This is not an addon it is just a small script so it shouldn't take much system resources. OBS even comes with a similar script that just does countdowns so it should be OK on any computer that has been released in the last 10 years that can run OBS.

This is not an addon it is just a small script so it shouldn't take much system resources. OBS even comes with a similar script that just does countdowns so it should be OK on any computer that has been released in the last 10 years that can run OBS.
I'm sure I'm using my terminology wrong, misuisng the word add-on. It was named timer.lua I believe... help?

edit: yeah confirmed with the Jerbz, was a script. It's posts like these that show I am only slightly technologically literate. :D

How do I make a bar at the bottom of my screen for my twitter handle like you did??
Create a graphic (I use Canva) and add it as an image source. Put it on top of your webcam source.

Status
Not open for further replies.