AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

October means spooky movies!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
I've decided to spend the month of October watching as much bad horror and sci-fi as I can get my hands on.

Horror aficionados and fans of cheap and cheesy (or hilariously dated) b movies, list some recommendations! It would be especially nice if the movies can be easily found or streamed online, so anyone can join in the fun.

While looking for some post-apocalyptic sci-fi (my favorite sci-fi genre) I was reminded of Archive.org's list of sci-fi and horror movies. There are some real favorites available. I especially love the silent classics, like Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Golem, and the Phantom of the Opera.

Great resource for old and orphaned movies.

*crackles knuckles* Now is my time to shine! I am a horror nerd and I like bad horror as much as good horror!

Here's a list of absolute trash that you can stream and that I still love to watch despite how shitty they are:

•V/H/S 2- The first one I thought was pretty great, the third is just a mess. The second though is a great shitty horror film. A couple decent jumpscares but leaves you going, "lol wtf did I just watch". On Netflix along with the other two.
•Zombeavers- You already know you wanna watch it. Netflix.
•ABC's of Death- Similar to V/H/S, it's complied of different shorts. Some are actually good, others are so fucking stupid I could cry. I love it. Netflix

List of actually good "horror" films that also will make you giggle lots:
•Pontypool- Highly underrated IMO. Won't say much about it, just watch. Hulu.
•Tucker and Dale VS Evil- pretty sure this is just a staple now but if you haven't seen it, watch it! It's basically about two sweet hillbillies who acidentally make a group of teens think they're killers. Netflix.
•Cottage Country- Another Tyler Labine movie. Totally hilarious and gruesome movie about a guy about to propose to his wife and shit goes wrong when his dumbass brother shows up. Can't find it streaming anywhere but rent it if you can!

I'll have more to contribute later, I was jusy popping some of the top of my head for now!

If you want an absolutely garbage horror/thriller, I cannot recommend ATM highly enough. It's about several people inside an ATM booth who are too scared to leave because of a singular killer with no gun. 'Horror' ensues.

Reactions: zippypinhead
If you've ever wanted to see Gary Busey reincarnated as an evil gingerbread man... And who hasn't? I can't recommend The Gingerdead Man enough. Available on Amazon and Hulu, I believe.

You need REAL horror/thriller movies!!! I am a horror fanatic

*The Hills Have Eyes

*House of 1000 Corpses

*The Devil's Rejects

*The Exorcism Of Emily Rose

*The Badadook

*Rec

*Inside (2007) it's foreign and amazing

*Martyr's (another foreign fav)

*Kill List (another foreign fav)

*High Tension (another foreign fav)

- I could literally keep going lol.

These threads always surprise me by making me realize just how much of this stuff I've actually watched.

*crackles knuckles* Now is my time to shine! I am a horror nerd and I like bad horror as much as good horror!...

...I'll have more to contribute later, I was jusy popping some of the top of my head for now!

You need REAL horror/thriller movies!!! I am a horror fanatic...

...I could literally keep going lol.

By all means, do keep going!

These threads always surprise me by making me realize just how much of this stuff I've actually watched.
By all means, do keep going!

American Mary (2012) This is more of a story but it's really badass. I have seen it a ton of times, it's one of my go to's

AUDITION (1999)- Japanese, out there but pretty intense. I really liked it, I know a friend of mine thought it was boring but if you can find it dubbed in english I would say go for it!

THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE (2009)- yes I'm getting more out there but this movie is fucked. The second one was okay and the third was terrible (I actually walked out of the theater because it was so stupid and not like the first one at all)

IRREVERSIBLE (2002) - Okay so the first 9 minutes of this is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen, I almost shut it off. If your limits with film is rape then do not watch this.

A Serbian Film - people either love it or hate it there's really no in between from what I have seen. I am a fan of this movie.

I stand alone (1998 French art-film)- if you can find this movie, seriously watch it. It's pretty brutal and really intense.

Dead Snow (2009)- this movie is so bad it's good. Zombies done right!

The Bay (2012) So good!

I like a lot of foreign horror because they do it better than USA (in most occasions) I have seen so many horror movies and American Horror disappoints me 90-95 percent of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosy
AHH I forgot!!!

What We Do In The Shadows (2014) freaking awesome!! It's not scary its hilarious and brilliant with a horror twist. It's fantastic.

Reactions: Fatquack
I write horror (semi-professionally, I guess; I've been published and paid but still haven't had my breakout novel sadly) and my list is massive, but I have two that people never have on their lists that I love (they're actually good, sorry lol):

The Poughkeepsie Tapes and The Girl Next Door

These fucked me up and I watch horror on an almost daily basis.

Will second the I Stand Alone recommendation. Watch Carne first if possible. The main character from both also briefly shows up in Irreversible.

In a Glass Cage

Visitor Q

Hoping Friday the 13th: The Game isn't delayed until after Halloween. Will be fun despite the rumored shallowness.

I write horror (semi-professionally, I guess; I've been published and paid but still haven't had my breakout novel sadly) and my list is massive, but I have two that people never have on their lists that I love (they're actually good, sorry lol):

The Poughkeepsie Tapes and The Girl Next Door

These fucked me up and I watch horror on an almost daily basis.

I loved "the girl next door" !!!!! I've never seen the first one so I will add it to my list, I live for fucked up horror movies!!!

I wish we lived close to each other we could find all the awesome horror movies and have a movie night!!

Reactions: EspiKvlt
So far this month I've watched the original The Fly (Vincent Price version), Hellraiser, and The Exorcist, all for the first time.

Would recommend Session 9, the only movie to keep me up all night.

I second zombeavers. I thought it was a terrific terrible horror. (Very over the top gore.)

Thale. Should still be on Netflix, but if you google it there's also other sites to watch it on. Norwegian, sorta on par with Troll Hunter. I found it to be delightfully creepy, but not scary. (Plus one of the main characters is a beautiful woman who spends a lot of the movie nude.)

Tonight I'm rewatching The Others which creeped me out soooo much as a kid. It's still super creepy.

A few I've watched on Netflix recently and enjoyed were You're Next (cheesy but fun), Creep (so...inexplicable), and Hush.

Honestly please watch Teeth (2007) it's so bad and amazing.

Other faves of mine that are terribly good (or just plain good):
All Cheerleaders Die
Jennifers Body
Excision
Sick Nurses (Thai horror)
Zombeavers
Wake Wood
Slumber Party Massacre
Rubber
Planet Terror
Starry Eyes

Truly shitty fun horror:
Birdemic: Shock and Terror

I could go on but this is too long already lol

Did Wes Craven make any movies that are...actually scary? It seems like a lot of his films are entertaining, but not very scary per se.

Did Wes Craven make any movies that are...actually scary? It seems like a lot of his films are entertaining, but not very scary per se.

As seems to be the case with most directors who have made a name in horror, it's his early work that has a real edge to it. Last House on the Left is legitimately disturbing. I also think The Hills Have Eyes, Swamp Thing, and the first entry of A Nightmare on Elm Street are pretty creepy.

It's Halloween weekend! Here's a small list of some of my favorite movies on Hulu and Netflix.

Hulu:

Child's Play
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
The Puppet Master (I and II)
Scanners
George Romero's Day of the Dead

Netflix:

Re-Animator
Hellraiser
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
Troll Hunter
Event Horizon
Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead
Nightbreed
Deathgasm

Reactions: Gen
How about audio horror? It's lately very under explored. Horror was almost mainstream with radio dramas of old. Along with Suspense, and several of the Mercury Theater productions, CBS Radio Mystery Theater kept it up till the 70s.

My nomination for listening is the BBC adaptation of "I Am Legend" performed by Angus McInnes. It's truly excellent, faithful to the book and oh so good on a dark night.

Of course if you want to go 1938 style, queue up War of the Worlds at 9pm Eastern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.