AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Offline Direct messages + C2C rate limit?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So i just saw on CB they have an "offline" direct message now, if I type any model's names, even ones I have messaged recently, it doesn't show any names.
I'm not sure if the list is meant to be for people you have recently contacted and because it's a new feature, there are no conversations there yet, OR is it that I need to buy the supporter/vip status to search for names? I feel like it's the former.

cb-dm.png

Also, what is this Cam2Cam rate Limit? I don't see anywhere in settings for setting a custom rate, so how does this work?
cb-c2crate.png

Edit:
Oh it's also like other sites now, in the chatroom it has a popup for the model
cb-dm2.png

Edit 2:
Ahhh ok you can have multiple tabs open for conversations, AND if you're in multiple rooms they stay open on all the pages

cb-dm3.png

Last edited:
I noticed that too! I'm interested to see if/how the offline messaging will work 👀 No usernames showed up for me when I tried searching for people either.

Also, what is this Cam2Cam rate Limit? I don't see anywhere in settings for setting a custom rate, so how does this work?

It says notification rate limit - so, if I'm understanding it correctly - I believe this limits the amount of times that a model is notified in chat that a user is attempting to share their cam with the model via cam to cam. I think that when the new cam to cam feature got released ~a year (or so?) ago, models were getting annoyed by constant notifications appearing in chat that said "username has started sharing their cam with you," especially when that user hadn't tipped for c2c yet. The model would just ignore the notification and the user would seemingly start/stop/start/stop sharing their cam and the notification would show up (on the model's side) in chat multiple times, with no way to limit it. So I guess this setting would limit how often that notification shows up, once every 5 minutes, only once per user until you open their cam, or no limit; which I could see being really annoying for busier rooms, or if you have somebody who's constantly trying to engage in cam to cam without tipping first.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it! :)

Upvote 0
I noticed that too! I'm interested to see if/how the offline messaging will work 👀 No usernames showed up for me when I tried searching for people either.

It says notification rate limit - so, if I'm understanding it correctly - I believe this limits the amount of times that a model is notified in chat that a user is attempting to share their cam with the model via cam to cam. I think that when the new cam to cam feature got released ~a year (or so?) ago, models were getting annoyed by constant notifications appearing in chat that said "username has started sharing their cam with you," especially when that user hadn't tipped for c2c yet. The model would just ignore the notification and the user would seemingly start/stop/start/stop sharing their cam and the notification would show up (on the model's side) in chat multiple times, with no way to limit it. So I guess this setting would limit how often that notification shows up, once every 5 minutes, only once per user until you open their cam, or no limit; which I could see being really annoying for busier rooms, or if you have somebody who's constantly trying to engage in cam to cam without tipping first.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it! :)

This makes absolutely perfect sense for the cam2Cam.

I have a model friend online now, and for the conversation to show in the top right you NEED to use the "send direct message" option when you click the name.
Once I did that, I then left her room, I closed the tab too, I was able to open the Direct message and keep talking with her while not in her room.
DM and Pm are 2 different things, so you can write completely different messages in both lol. Maybe they will remove "PM" once the DM works perfectly well and no kinks etc (and we all know with CB there will be a few (ok a lot) of bugs haha)

Upvote 0
Oh boy, random site supporters PM-ing me a 100 sex gifs in an hour without consent and then continuing with that while I'm offline (or they're in a different room) while never sending me a token
Looking forward to these new experiences ☺️ 👍

Upvote 0
This makes absolutely perfect sense for the cam2Cam.

I have a model friend online now, and for the conversation to show in the top right you NEED to use the "send direct message" option when you click the name.
Once I did that, I then left her room, I closed the tab too, I was able to open the Direct message and keep talking with her while not in her room.
DM and Pm are 2 different things, so you can write completely different messages in both lol. Maybe they will remove "PM" once the DM works perfectly well and no kinks etc (and we all know with CB there will be a few (ok a lot) of bugs haha)

I tried it twice, nothing popped up on the models side until she clicked my name then opened direct message.

Edit: oh top right corner near token count, got it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm curious how this is an improvement. I'm not sure I want offline messages or to receive messages when I'm not in someone's room. Seems like more opportunities for harassment/spam/assorted weirdo behaviors but maybe I haven't opened my mind to the possibilities.

Upvote 0
also need to be aware of users being able to PM you in regular PM if you have started a direct message conversation with them. They can then use regular PM even without having supporter status. looks like it may be an unintended bug of the new system

ps

oh and yes that search field in the DM is for users you have started messaging with. No messages are deleted and they all stay there. I am sure after a while it will be a long list for some users so the need for search

Last edited:
Upvote 0
direct message stays in a separate window and seems to work even I don't stay in the models room
so 'direct' is still 'private' but has it's own window per user chat. Not really seeing the benefit, especially while both types can be used - just seems like it's going to be much harder for the models to manage their chat with two messaging options and so many windows/tabs.

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
I see this as being a nuisance for the most part. It's not true offline messaging with any options whatsoever.
I already have 14 spam direct messages from accounts trying to get me to goto their room or to check out site XYZ or to join their Telegram channel and so on.

This should be annoying for everyone @Olive

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
I see this as being a nuisance for the most part. It's not true offline messaging with any options whatsoever.
I already have 14 spam direct messages from accounts trying to get me to goto their room or to check out site XYZ or to join their Telegram channel and so on.

This should be annoying for everyone @Olive

Oh I'm very aware it will be annoying for some viewers as well, especially the ones who like to browse around.

There's many reasons why I've never understood why anyone would ever want an offline messaging possibility on CB. They're never going to make it as useful as it is on MFC, and they'll very likely not make a way for people to protect themselves from getting spammed, just like they've never listened to models wanting an option to turn off PM'ing. They are more prone to listen to viewer complaints over model complaints though so best case scenario they will make it possible for viewers to turn it off. But for models they'll just use it to sell more of their "supporter" stuff and models will just have to deal with the fall out 😋 That's my prediction. But hey, maybe they'll proof me wrong 😄

Upvote 0
If they are going to provide a messaging system, they need to also provide privacy controls to each person, both viewer and broadcaster. If I don't want any broadcasters to be able to message me unless I whitelist them first, I should be able to. I cannot even delete these messages I have received.

MFC does that part right, although much of their site is arguably archaic.

Upvote 0
If they are going to provide a messaging system, they need to also provide privacy controls to each person, both viewer and broadcaster. If I don't want any broadcasters to be able to message me unless I whitelist them first, I should be able to. I cannot even delete these messages I have received.

MFC does that part right, although much of their site is arguably archaic.

I agree more control should be added and I believe it to be a mistake for direct messages to show username color which I have already put in as a suggestion a few days ago.

If we really think about it its kind of weird that people can see usernames color change....for example.

1. If the model has never purchased tokens on the account you'll see when the model goes grey which means you'll know when they cash out which means that you can now figure out whos on a studio account and who isn't.
2. If the model is sending tokens out to a different account you'll be able to see that as well since the color of the name will change.
3. You can see when regular users are spending money in other rooms unless they have their color set to always show a lower color which im sure will be used more now.

I don't see how either item is any ones business, I don't think #3 is that big of a deal since they do have some control over that but for #1 and #2 I really think something should be done about that fairly quickly like maybe make every age verified account show up as the standard orange model name color.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
So I've noticed a couple of features of the new direct message system.

1. From testing done so far, you don't seem to be able to see gifs in it, versus in PM
2. Once a direct message has been started (which for general users they need to be a supporter to initiate, similar to PM), if your supporter membership is no longer active you can continue to reply in existing DM chats you have going over multiple days (at least so far). But you cannot obviously start new ones to people you weren't already messaging.

Upvote 0
So I've noticed a couple of features of the new direct message system.

1. From testing done so far, you don't seem to be able to see gifs in it, versus in PM
2. Once a direct message has been started (which for general users they need to be a supporter to initiate, similar to PM), if your supporter membership is no longer active you can continue to reply in existing DM chats you have going over multiple days (at least so far). But you cannot obviously start new ones to people you weren't already messaging.
you can see gifs just do not see the preview before posting so need to be sure that the shortcut is correct
Once a DM has been started then regular PM will work as well even with no supporter status

Upvote 0
I had a play around using that feature last night, and I think it's better in use than the old pm tab.
The model I was chatting to loved it and was very happy.
If CB's coders can tidy up some of the issues raised in previous replies, it seems a positive change.
Only addition I wish they'd considered is a date/time stamp for messages, especially as it seems possible to send them when the recipient is offline.
Oh, and another aspect I'm curious about; since you can tip from the DM chat box as well as message someone site-wide, if you're not in the same room as the model, I assume tips will still show up against your username in the public chat, but you won't feature in the room user list? So a tipping user not being present in the room count might impact on the ranking algorithm?
Or is the tip button disabled if you're not in the same room?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a play around using that feature last night, and I think it's better in use than the old pm tab.
The model I was chatting to loved it and was very happy.
If CB's coders can tidy up some of the issues raised in previous replies, it seems a positive change.
Only addition I wish they'd considered is a date/time stamp for messages, especially as it seems possible to send them when the recipient is offline.
Oh, and another aspect I'm curious about; since you can tip from the DM chat box as well as message someone site-wide, if you're not in the same room as the model, I assume tips will still show up against your username in the public chat, but you won't feature in the room user list? So a tipping user not being present in the room count might impact on the ranking algorithm?
Or is the tip button disabled if you're not in the same room?

Sorry missed the additional stuff

yeah time/date stamps would be really nice.

yeah the tip line shows up in the regular chat, it might surprise the model a bit to receive the tip when you arent there.

since you arent present in the room you wont count towards the basic colored name in room ranking algorithm

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Hit up one page I knew wasn't passworded, I could tip/DM. Searched for one name I know is always under password, did not come up in the results. I think you're good.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.