AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OMG U won't believe what happened...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MercedesLynn said:
a_bee said:
If she had at least an other title at the thread i would have not comment it. The title is misleading for take the attention. :hand:
:roll: Yeah, the point of making a thread is for attention. You could have made your comment and not looked at this thread again. I think you are the one wanting the attention. I am not going to argue semantics with you any longer. Thank goodness for the ignore button. I won't waste anymore time on you. I can't see shit.

You making threads for the attention? Me i don't making threads for the attention, first time i hear that.
And the title is for describe the subject of the post.
Why i had not to looked at the thread again? sorry the next time i will ask you if i can look threads.
Also it don't seems i am the only here who found that story strange, and the rest who don't found it strange is because you know poker and you have comunicate with her again so you know what type of person she is, me i don't know her and yes that thread looks strange.

I apologize for my previous post. It was not meant to cause a fight. I honestly thought that it was a question of not knowing one was pregnant rather then a question of the validity of the story itself. I'm sorry, I didn't see that coming.
:shock:

I want to say this. Obviously myself and others here can see many of you girls naked. Plenty of pictures, videos, and cam time so it's not hard to see what someone looks like. What is not always as easy to see is your hearts and souls. There are quite a few girls here that I like a lot just from reading their posts. I don't know Poker Babe personally but I have read plenty of her posts both here and some on her (blog?) site. I guess the last thing I was thinking was that she would have made the story up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I will respect that, but I also have a great gut instinct so I will just continue to follow that.

There are many beautiful souls here.
:thumbleft:

Poker, there's a foundation called "Newborns in Need" that's all around the US. They help with diapers, formula, clothes, etc. So make sure to let them know about it, cause it could help make their lives easier. Now, to go shopping on an Amazon wishlist.... :whistle:

i'm not quite getting how this is different from saving puppies and other wonderful charity's?
i think this is an awsome thing you're doing for your friends poker..
we don't need to question any of it... if you can't or don't want to contribute... you don't
there's no force in the post at all...

just an offer, and a sweet person...

My biggest suggestion for you, A_Bee, is to read a lot of English. This forum uses mostly American English, and since you wish to participate in the community, reading it is a very good thing to do.

And you're right, in that the thread title implies something incredibly shocking. And yes, the point is to get attention. She's hoping to get a lot of people reading the thread and donating items to the couple in need. If you had a special going on, wouldn't you do anything you could to draw attention to it? A lot of people are shocked by the idea that someone might find out that they're six months pregnant when they didn't realize, and then give birth a month later. Thus, her title is appropriate.

As to "Why you don't wrote" being broken English, is actually something that is hard to explain for native English speakers. When we use "don't" or "didn't", we ALWAYS follow that with the present tense of the verb that comes next. "Why you didn't write", referring to something that has already happened, or "Why you don't write", referring to something that is happening now or is about to happen, or a hypothetical case. But I think the first is the one you're looking for.

LadyLuna said:
My biggest suggestion for you, A_Bee, is to read a lot of English. This forum uses mostly American English, and since you wish to participate in the community, reading it is a very good thing to do.

I was not know i had to work more my english and espesialy american english for just participate at a forum,
I thought the forum is for comunicate and for help each other about caming, if you can understant what i'm trying to say even if it is bad writen then were is your promblem? I'm writing just a post not a book. I was not know evryone here writes perfect and i am the only stupid here who don't know american english.
Now i can not answer any more, i am busy, i have to start intensively american english lessons for let me participate again at this forum.
:handgestures-salute:

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
a_bee said:
LadyLuna said:

I was not know i had to work more my english and espesialy american english for just participate at a forum,
I thought the forum is for comunicate and for help each other about caming, if you can understant what i'm trying to say even if it is bad writen then were is your promblem? I'm writing just a post not a book. I was not know evryone here writes perfect and i am the only stupid here who don't know american english.
Now i can not answer any more, i am busy, i have to start intensively american english lessons for let me participate again at this forum.

You asked what was wrong with the post you made (as far as your English went). Luna took the time to tell you. You don't need to have a perfect grasp of the English language to post here, but basic manners and maybe not being so defensive (whilst throwing around baseless accusations willy nilly) is always a plus :thumbleft:

a_bee said:
LadyLuna said:

Abee,

Your english is very very difficult to understand. Manytimes when I have read your posts on this forum I have tried to assume that there is a language barrier and that you don't meant to sound as nasty, sarcastic or passive aggressive as you come across. But these last few snarky posts, the meaning was clear though I didn't understand the details. I really hope you will be less negative, and more positive around here. Your attitude (in any language) is bringing this forum down.

I don't always like or get along with poker babe, but she has credibility here.
And even if she didn't writing a post to ask for baby items for a friend is not really up for scrutiny. She's not asking for money she's asking for items. And the post title, while more detail might have been nice (I actually avoided it, but might have read it if there was more detail) was not really a problem.

a_bee said:
LadyLuna said:

The fact that English is not your first language and that you have a way to go, may explain why you misinterpreted the thread title. First, the phrase "You won't believe what happened," is not literal, it's a quirk of the language, and simply means "I was surprised by this thing that happened."

When you think an English speaker is lying, and you have a less than perfect grasp of the language, it's a good idea, to PRIVATELY ask the person for a clarification of what they mean.

If someone said something in, say, Spanish, and I google translated it, and it came out "I want to kill your mom" or kindred, before I accused the individual of something horrid, I'd ask if maybe they meant something else and google translate simply wasn't up to the task.

PokerBabe is among the most trusted people I know...I don't believe she would EVER lie.

a_bee said:
PunkInDrublic said:
a_bee said:
Why you don't wrote

Broken English is sexy. No idea why.

english isn't my first language and i nither have study them enough at school, i study french and at my try to write english i make wrongs by interference from french and from my native language, not evryone here have as native language the english so it's normal to there are post bad writen, you was not need to comment that.
I apologize if my post seemed insulting or rude. I just kinda wanted to point out that even through text, foreign women are amazing. I have no problems understanding you and hope you post more in the future.

Nordling said:
PokerBabe is among the most trusted people I know...I don't believe she would EVER lie.
reading that just made my day. :-D

a_bee said:
LadyLuna said:

I was just trying to say, if you wish to be able to communicate better, if you're going to get defensive over your trouble with English, then maybe you should try to read it more. Also, the reading a forum you intend to participate in is just... standard internet ettiquette, no matter what language. I am not intending to come across as being nasty or mean, I'm just trying to help you out. Because that's what I do, when I see someone who needs help and I know I can help them. I attempt to help them.

I did not mean to cause any drama if I did. I'm sorry. I walked away because I did not want to be too rude. Congrats to your friends Poker, and I wish I had a real life friend like you, you're awesome sauce.
:-D

Reactions: Poker_Babe
tumblr_inline_mijdu44auO1qz4rgp.gif

What happened in here? To be fair, you said we wouldn't believe it and a-bee totally didn't. Hehehe.
For real though, your friend should call some local churches. Babies grow out of using stuff so quickly, that a lot of people end up donating really nice things. That's where my kid's stuff is going when she's done with it.

a_bee said:
If you don't want to get better at English just in order to be able to communicate on this forum, then at least do it for your MFC career. In another thread you say you're insecure about your English.

You are acting very defensively. Nobody meant to insult you and you're acting like people implied that you're stupid. :|

LadyLuna said:
I was just trying to say, if you wish to be able to communicate better, if you're going to get defensive over your trouble with English, then maybe you should try to read it more. Also, the reading a forum you intend to participate in is just... standard internet ettiquette, no matter what language. I am not intending to come across as being nasty or mean, I'm just trying to help you out. Because that's what I do, when I see someone who needs help and I know I can help them. I attempt to help them.

luna has helped me with sooo many things concerning my english in this forum... and i'm very thankful for that!
take it from a foreign poster... the way you write and the words you use are extremely important to get the right message across

TashaDutch said:
LadyLuna said:
luna has helped me with sooo many things concerning my english in this forum... and i'm very thankful for that!
take it from a foreign poster... the way you write and the words you use are extremely important to get the right message across
For the record, I just wanted to say that I had no clue that English wasn't your first language. Your English is awesome!

You know it has just totally warmed my heart to see how people have really stepped up to help my friends in need. :-D
It didn't matter that my friends are total strangers to everyone who donated, and even though I offered free stuff to anyone who chose to help as an incentive, no one asked for anything in return.
It's acts of kindness like this, that really make me see how beautiful life can be.
OK, I quit being so mushy now. just wanted to let everyone know how grateful I, as well as my friends are for everyone's generosity.
:romance-grouphug:

I'm late to the party as usual..... whats this ? Poker Babe adopted and Ethiopian bby and didn't realize it? :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JerryBoBerry said:
a_bee said:
Brad said:
I used to doubt it too. Then I saw it happen to someone I knew. It does and can happen as unbelievable as that may sound. (I've never seen the TV show)
Congrats to the parents and the new baby!!!
:thumbleft:
But we didn't say that this phenomenon can't happen.
It can, but that don't make that story automatically true.

Something like this, over the internet and not knowing the person directly, you can never tell for sure about anything. So I always rely on Occam's razor; whichever is the simplest answer is usually the truth.

Poker Babe basically stated two things.
1) That a friend of hers had a baby without even knowing she was pregnant up until a month ago.
2) That she's set up a wishlist with items to help out that friend, and if anyone wanted to help she would give access to some of her personal material in return for that generosity.

You just stipulated to number 1 above so I won't go further into that.

As for the second item; what other motive would she have for doing that? I looked through the wishlist items. There are no vibrators, expensive electronics, lingerie, or any thing else adult related in any way. It's filled with everything one would need for a newborn. From car carriers and swings to baby socks and newborn diapers. I doubt Poker Babe has a use for such small diapers herself. So I can only conclude the wishlist really is for a newborn baby.

The other half of number 2 is whether or not it's for a friend or not. I don't know what reason anyone here would have to lie about that. If, and i say IF, Poker Babe had a child herself, or it was really for her sister or other relative, she could just come out and say that too. The result would be the same. People might still be interested in donating for that. There's no advantage, or angle if you will, to concoct a story like that for the purpose of getting these wishlist items.

So going with Occam's razor, the simplest set of circumstances is exactly as she posted.
Ok I hate being this guy, and I think it was rude to call PB a lier, AND I don't think this is the case! But you did miss something.

Lets say PB has a friend, a neighbor, a relative, who is expecting, and because of circumstance has not many local friends or relatives, or simply has few ppl they or she can count on to help with baby stuff. Is on a very limited budget, and says, "hey I need all this stuff, and it is going to be way expensive, if you can come up with any of it for less than what it would cost me anywhere else, I'll pay you for it" then that could be motive to make such a post.

But more important than pointing out a possibility that I don't think is the case, I feel I need to say this.

We are all grown ups here, with a higher level of street smarts than an average Joe/Jean blow. We all have some sort of personal relationship with PB, even if that is only knowing her through just what she post here - she is not a stranger!

I therefore do not believe anyone needs to protect any of us from being scammed. If that is what you get from the post, than don't buy anything off the wish list!

To post only " :liar: " seems to just be an act of malevolence.

SoTxBob said:
I'm late to the party as usual..... whats this ? Poker Babe adopted and Ethiopian bby and didn't realize it? :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

SoTxBob said:
well in my defense, it could have happened to anyone... I mean sheesh, u know very well how skinny Ethiopians can be... all they gotta' is turn sideways, and most damn near go invisible lol.

I joke, I joke... I kid, I kid...

40672943.jpg

Even if there is no baby, which I highly doubt, even if she was asking for cash instead of wishlist items, I don't see why it would matter. She is offering access to her private page or a custom video, both things she would charge for anyway. And some of the items are cheap, like 5 bucks and you get a 10 minute custom? Don't see how this could be seen as a scam, she's nott asking for free stuff.

Oh and when we get paid on the 16th I may buy something off the wishlist if there is anything left :)

Congrats to your friend, Poker_Babe! I'll have a look at the list and see if I can help out in the next couple weeks when I get a paycheck (If there's anything left to buy by then ;) )

A bee, I want to apologize to you. I did a bad thing - I made a mistake. I read only the first 50% on the first page, and then I went and made my post - the post in which I said to put only " :liar: " was an act of malevolence. Malevolence being like hate. I still feel your first post was maybe rude. We all know PokerBabe well, and an insult to her feels like an insult to many of us. As a community of people who spend a lot of time talking or writing to each other, we do our best to not insult each other. This way we can come here each day without having to feel there are people here who do not like us.

I apologize not for saying you were rude - I apologize because I did not read here all the post of this thread before I went and made my post. because I did not read all the post - I did not understand you were not a complete speaker of English. So I am sorry for saying that your post with " :liar: " was only for hate, or "an act of malevolence." Knowing you are not a complete speaker of English makes me feel different about you posting just " :liar: " I do not say I am sorry to think that was rude, but I better understand why your post was like it was.

One more thing I want to say to you, is this, - I hope you do not feel like I am talking to you like someone when they talk to babies. That is not how I mean to be. It might sound so, because I am trying very hard to be very clear in what I am saying. The things that I write here many times confuse everyone - even everyone who speaks English as their first language. :woops: :lol:

So maybe I am too careful to not be confusing. To say this my meaning is not to say you are stupid or to insult you. I think maybe you think the comments about your use of English are meant to insult you, but they are not. I think they are meant to help you, and so in this way we can communicate better. I don't want you to feel everything posted here in this thread is said against you, it is not, but maybe that is how it feels to you.

You know English much better than any language I know. I think some of what has been said in this thread has been said because there has been some small confusions. I think it would be good for you, and me, and everyone to know and remember that very little things not said right, or said wrong, and very little things not understood right, or understood wrong, in any language, can make a very big difference. And English is one of the hardest languages to learn, and understand completely.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.