AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OnlyFans banning ‘sexually explicit conduct’ starting in October

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point. None of the screenshots talking to OF PR show the email address though. They're hiding it as if it's private info, so if it's listed right on the OF page/Twitter, no need to black it out right?

^^also can we acknowledge the broken English or at least terrible writing by "PR" person here?

Yeah, it’s odd. It is possible that when a rep replies to an OF media request it comes from an account with their name on it… but that only matters if it’s an anonymous source. A paid PR rep is the opposite of an anonymous source. It’s perfectly fine to name them in articles/tweets/whatever. They’re inviting trouble by NOT naming them.

I find support’s answers don’t really answer the question that is being asked, this is a company that is often sketchy... (retroactive expiration of lifetime revshare referral accounts just to name one example) so I don’t trust they have the creators best interest in mind when choosing when to drop a bomb like this. So either these changes are going to happen and they don’t want to cause a massive exodus of adult content creators before time is up OR no changes are coming but they are milking this uncertainty for exposure. Both of which don’t make me feel super safe and happy to work with them. But what else is new

I find support’s answers don’t really answer the question that is being asked
I agree, a lot of them are being vague and it's annoying. Citing the current Terms and Acceptable use, etc.

The one that did make me feel better was this one (already posted but for effect) which could just be either an outright lie or the support team being purposefully left in the dark by the powers that be at OF
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 3.35.48 PM.png

I've been thinking about using the MV Crush feature anyway, even though I hate how they make it sound like it's content that's "exclusive" to MV. Yeah, uh...NO. Lol. I would be posting the same stuff I post for sale to OF, MFC Share, etc. Lol. I don't make anything exclusive to one site.

i am confused after reading more of the thread. there seems to be a mixture of both true and false information.

so, to my understanding, creators who have reached out to onlyfans personally (myself included) got non-answers, basically not denying nor confirming whether adult content will be banned. news outlets are all potentially getting information from a bad source? and that onlyfan's response (which is doing nothing, really) is just a way to get more publicity?
@_@

i am confused after reading more of the thread. there seems to be a mixture of both true and false information.

so, to my understanding, creators who have reached out to onlyfans personally (myself included) got non-answers, basically not denying nor confirming whether adult content will be banned. news outlets are all potentially getting information from a bad source? and that onlyfan's response (which is doing nothing, really) is just a way to get more publicity?
@_@

Part of the confusion is that customers/content creators and media members (allegedly) are getting two different answers depending on which department of OnlyFans they asked.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Let's take bets.. did they sell, want to get on the app store, lose their payment processors, or going the PayPal route (use adult services to launch your brand then dump us after you reach success)
Hey and while they haven't taken a payperiod's worth of earnings from us so far, they still have time to do so. Everyone should request their funds as soon as they hit minimum.

Well this sucks, it is kinda like when I learned that the company I used to work for was moving to another city through media despite having been given an assurance that it would never happen the year before. I sincerely hope that every one here that depends on Onlyfans for their income end up alright.

Reactions: MarieElise
So the cutoff is officially December 1 for “sexually explicit content” and not October, if I read that correctly. Wow.
October can't post any new content with banned material. We have until Dec to remove our current content with banned material.

Like I predicted a while ago in another thread, Onlyfans wasn't going to last a full year. They are banning adult performers not because they want to get in the appstore, or because they want investors, or any other reason. They have to close up shop but don't want to take the damage to the face by admitting they are closing so they are banning adult creators instead and letting the platform die. This way it will die a death so slow it wont be newsy, it will just slide into irrelevancy and they will cut the costs of running it and save their reputation. Everyone would be wise to withdraw their funds and pray to receive them.

So what's the frontrunner alternative right now? I mostly hear Justforfans but wondering what the consensus is?
The most reputable name would be AVN stars, I believe.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.