AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OnlyFans banning ‘sexually explicit conduct’ starting in October

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Registered, yes. Time to look around. no. I did basically so that I could keep on there my same cb username. And also to make sure nobody would use mine.

Oh, good call. I should go register my CB username over there too. I may or may not decide to use the service, but I’d rather not have someone else using that username in either case.

Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of chatter on Reddit about fansly, so I went to check it out. It's just more of the same fly-by-night social media bullshit. I'm over it. Too many of these shady motherfuckers already have my payment info.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I'm a little worried that in the mad scramble to fill the vacuum OF is leaving behind, they're going to rush this thing too fast and it's going to be a giant mess.

I agree, especially since CB are not exactly known for making things without them having a ton of bugs and problems.
So far the site when I visit is clearly made for mobile, I hope it doesn't remain like this as I prefer to look through the content on my PC rather than my phone.
It definitely seems very basic looking so far, but they do have a month or 2 to get more things added before proper launch. Hopefully it won't be total train wreck.

Oh, good call. I should go register my CB username over there too. I may or may not decide to use the service, but I’d rather not have someone else using that username in either case.
I guess we think the same way. I mean, not that's important. Anyway, I just thought there would be less confusion. I'm just a member. I guess models will be doing the same. That's marketing 101. Your name is your brand. And follows you everywhere.

Reactions: Smoothie
I'm a little worried that in the mad scramble to fill the vacuum OF is leaving behind, they're going to rush this thing too fast and it's going to be a giant mess.
Agreed. I'm making an account and getting verified just so I've got it in my back pocket, but I'm not sure about its viability. Since I cam on CB anyway it probably wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: Smoothie and NotYou
I guess we think the same way. I mean, not that's important. Anyway, I just thought there would be less confusion. I'm just a member. I guess models will be doing the same. That's marketing 101. Your name is your brand. And follows you everywhere.

For me it’s two things: Convenience (so I don’t have to remember more usernames) and to prevent bad actors from trying to assume my CB identity on other sites (it has happened… people are pathetic).

For me it’s two things: Convenience (so I don’t have to remember more usernames) and to prevent bad actors from trying to assume my CB identity on other sites (it has happened… people are pathetic).
Kinda surprised CB hasn't built a way to connect your accounts yet honestly, it would be a huge selling point.

Really from a marketing standpoint if I were trying to get Peach to succeed I'd be aggressively promoting it as part of CB, almost like their equivalent of modelhub. It's probably the only real way for them to compete in a fansite market that's about to become even more saturated by the vacuum OnlyFans is leaving

This might be helpful. Although yet another person who forgets we cannot earn at PH right now.

I heard about another one today called Alua, apparently it's actually got its own app and it's been around for a minute. I know nothing about its content policies and I haven't done any legwork on it yet myself however.

could you imagine if onlyfans is doing this as some kind of marketing ploy

I mean look at how much attention this gets every time it happens

top kek if true

The best marketing ploy would be if it were for competitor sites because it seems a lot of people are opening accounts to diversify

Edit> oh ignore me, I just read further into the thread and see its now no longer a rumour

Anyone considering staying on the platform? I usually mostly post just nudes anyway so I’m thinking my content may not get flagged. But I’m not sure if I should move to a new platform or see what happens on onlyfans

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
For me it’s two things: Convenience (so I don’t have to remember more usernames
You got a point here, I use different usernames on different camsites, though. Just my choice. Always fly under the radar online, otherwise you'll be a mark for the crazy. Models and members alike.
to prevent bad actors from trying to assume my CB identity on other sites
Luckily, nothing bad happend to me on cb, I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, shitty people exist, nothing you can do about it. If I read between the lines right, I get what you mean.

people are pathetic
For sure. I was a member for a very short time of a site, like a week, whose name I won't mention because a) I don't even remember the name b) I've never seen it mentioned on the forum, and that tells me it's not even an international major site; c) and I have to say rightly so, because, in fact, it was a joke of a site, where basically everybody could just download what a member of the chat had tipped. No privacy at all. I'll let you imagine what used to happen there. Anyways, this is not relevant to the thread, just a tought between you and me. That said, I'm always amazed about how much free time some people have on their hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoothie

Not just this, but if the site requires verification, there could be a backlog for verification.

Reactions: NotYou
Kinda surprised CB hasn't built a way to connect your accounts yet honestly, it would be a huge selling point.

Really from a marketing standpoint if I were trying to get Peach to succeed I'd be aggressively promoting it as part of CB, almost like their equivalent of modelhub. It's probably the only real way for them to compete in a fansite market that's about to become even more saturated by the vacuum OnlyFans is leaving

That’s a great point, especially with CB’s large base of existing users. If it were a one-click process (or even automatic) for CB members to use their same account on Peach, it would eliminate some hassle and maybe make some guys more likely to check it out.

Frame it as a bonus (“we’re giving you access to Peach!”) as opposed to something new they’re trying to sell you. (Even though it is.)

🧡 Somebody made account on Peach and choose the payment ? I can't see any option like Paxum there just to add the adress and this is a bit confusing 🙁 Thank youu!

Anyone considering staying on the platform? I usually mostly post just nudes anyway so I’m thinking my content may not get flagged. But I’m not sure if I should move to a new platform or see what happens on onlyfans
Yeah same. My content is non-explicit so most of it is okay with the new rules. The whole situation is super shitty though and I will definitely be looking at other websites. I don't think I'll be closing my OF anytime soon but I'll be putting less effort into it and I'll try to branch out and add other, safer eggs to my basket.

I'm staying.

I am not disagreeing, but do you have any ideas on how it is possible to run a business like OnlyFans and not have incredibly high margins? They are taking 20% cream off the top and do none of the content creation. The actual costs of creating and running a website like this get covered very quickly once you can generate more than about $50M in gross profits, which at a multi-billion run rate they certainly must do.

To run their expenses above their revenues would take a very special kind of incompetence or deliberate deception. For a legitimate business it would be nearly impossible.
I don’t know what the inner workings of the company look like, what things they have tied up to Onlyfans or how they keep their budget etc So it would all be speculation on my part. I do believe the platform’s success is very inflated from paid advertisement and publicity stunts. For instance, it is my educated guess models like Belle Delphine and that Disney star whose name escapes me were not really making the big numbers that were claimed and it was inflated from the inside for publicity. But again, no proof, just an educated hunch.

Here is the thing... companies speak through their actions. There is a way things are done normally and then there is abnormal behaviour. When you see a company take abnormal actions most people will simply react to the action by celebrating it or moaning about it. The smart move is to ask yourself what is behind it.

Onlyfans had 2 abnormal actions a year ago.

1) They changed their TOS to cheat their affiliates from their earnings. It used to be that if you referred a model friend you would receive 5% lifetime revshare on their earnings. One morning Onlyfans decided to take that away. That would have been kind of concerning in and on itself (what? You cannot afford 5% affiliate cut you gotta roll this back?) but it could also have been attributed in o simple greed and the fact that MFC’s owner doesn’t believe in affiliate marketing so perhaps it was a change in style. What was certainly abnormal and even bizarre was to apply the TOS change retroactively... meaning... they wouldn’t honor the accounts made while the lifetime revshare was in place. This is something unheard of in this industry and it forced you to ask yourself why they are throwing their credibility out the window so carelessly if they are considering this project long term. It showed me they were desperate to scrape as much as possible and perhaps they couldn’t make ends meet. However it was just one step and I normally wait for at least a confirmation of my suspicions.

A month or so later they rolled out the VAT scheme. Second abnormal step in such a short span. Here, they were going to continue to pay models 80% but would now charge users a percentage more for “VAT”. And the regular lemming would see this and think “great! They truly do care about the law!” Or “screw the Man! Fuck taxes” whatever. The smart person asks questions and peeks behind the veil. “What does it take to actually comply with European VAT for a business like Onlyfans?” And the answer would be... they would need to hire tax consultants for each country in the EU they were charging VAT for and then dedicating an entire new department to handle this since they don’t use payment processors, they handle it themselves. So you go look for what positions are available to work at Onlyfans and there’s 0 positions relevant to this huge VAT restructure. So you are forced to wonder if this is actually doable and if they plan on paying VAT or if there is something else entirely going on... and if this could be another way to fish for higher percentage payout disguised as VAT compliance and whether they will last a year or are just trying to get as much Mula as they can before they have to close up shop.

All speculation but so far my intuition and speculation has saved my ass from 3 different catastrophes. So I trust my gut always. I already got my Plan B almost ready because I spent the last 3 months working on it quietly as I knew Onlyfans was going down, and we still haven’t seen the end of this. There will be more.

🧡 Somebody made account on Peach and choose the payment ? I can't see any option like Paxum there just to add the adress and this is a bit confusing 🙁 Thank youu!
I looked at it too, it doesn't seem like there's a way to add payout info yet as far as I can tell. I also didn't see any way to add payment methods yet either for that matter.

.....did they just slap this up in a few hours and start verifying people before they even had that part of the site built?

I'm staying too. I have 2 accounts on OF, and the most popular one is the one that is fetish (belly) and softcore anyway. So there are very few posts I will have to take down on that one. I keep going back and forth on the other account, but I'll probably just keep it too, and adapt to what OF are wanting now.

I'm working on my AVN for Femdom content, but that's actually something I've been planning for ages, and the timing is just a coincidence with me (rebrand on AVN started yesterday).
I don't think I can handle any more fansites after those 2. I might do fancentro, just because I signed up under another models referral link, and that always motivates me to try harder. But other than that I am focusing on live camming and the full clip sites.

I've had a MV crush for years too, so I guess that counts as well.

Last edited:
RE: Peach
Remember it's still a WIP (work in progress) site, they are speeding the process up because of OnlyFans, so there are (for now) going to be lots of things not finished, such as the payout info most likely.
I wouldn't worry just yet for that but hopefully they can add/resolve it sooner rather than later so everyone can get this part added as it is a big needed feature

Reactions: Highlander884
I wonder what actual percentage of people will be affected by the new acceptable use policy?
And how many are just going to carry on like nothing changed.
For someone like me that had about 70% content that still qualifies and 30% "explicit" stuff, we'll see a slight drop in fan count probably. And probably less video sales as I can't advertise more than half of my current videos for purchase via DM.

So I expect my income to drop by at least 30% from there, especially considering I'm going to slightly lower my monthly membership price.

The models that had low sub price (or free) and focused on selling hundreds of dildo and b/g or other masturbation videos via PPV per day will probably suffer the most.

RE: Peach
Remember it's still a WIP (work in progress) site, they are speeding the process up because of OnlyFans, so there are (for now) going to be lots of things not finished, such as the payout info most likely.
I wouldn't worry just yet for that but hopefully they can add/resolve it sooner rather than later so everyone can get this part added as it is a big needed feature
Don't put too much stock on Peach... CB is sloppy, careless and late whenever they roll out new initiatives and they end up ditching them about a month after implementation. I am personally considering Fancentro and Fansly as top options for now, but I will take some time to make up my mind depending on payout, functions and support.

Don't put too much stock on Peach... CB is sloppy, careless and late whenever they roll out new initiatives and they end up ditching them about a month after implementation. I am personally considering Fancentro and Fansly as top options for now, but I will take some time to make up my mind depending on payout, functions and support.

I definitely agree, look at basically everything they have attempted. Or there is just so many bugs.
But I think with this they may be more motivated as they see how popular something like OnlyFans is, so fingers crossed. I guess ultimately register, verify ready, then wait months and see what others say about it and to iron out any possible kinks.

But I guess a good thing to do is try a few different sites see what you like the feel of the best and obviously payout etc.
OF always had a nice "feel" to it, can't explain it exactly but it just did compared to some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.