AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Overwatch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
I know a few others on ACF have mentioned playing it, so maybe we can have an actual discussion thread?!

It has been a long time since I've been so addicted to a game. Pretty much any free time lately has been spent doing quick matches, usually utilizing Pharah, Bastion or Reinhardt, but recently trying to get comfortable with Reaper. I've had a few rounds with Mercy that were a blast as well, but she's such a squishy healer, I find myself dead too much on most maps.

I even gave in and bought a few extra loot crates... dammit Blizzard has gotten so much of my money over the last 12 years.

I finally got around to watching the Cinematic Trailer for it that came out like 2 years ago and found it really cute, even if there are some inaccuracies with the selected heroes as far as their current abilities and weapons go. If you have 6 minutes, take a gander at it!

There are also 4 animated shorts for a few of the heroes out that may entertain you.

I've found this wiki guide to be pretty helpful, if you can get their slow-ass pages to load. :D The hero pages there have a decent and easy to follow format.

This was one of my first days playing when I thought Widowmaker was my favorite (turns out I'm a really shitty sniper) and I had a fun kill streak:

So who else is playing? I know @DuoShi does, and @UncleThursday and @Brewhammer have mentioned it in other threads as well. Who are your favorite heroes to play and why? Do you have any highlight videos to share?

Last edited:
I play regularly. Feel free pull me in any time you want bonus XP :)
I think I only have you added on my newer bnet account, which I may actually start up again if I plan to group up with AmberLand/MFC people or Twitch stream again. I'll message you if I do!

the lack of a single player story campaign really put me off
Hmm I didn't even consider that, interesting complaint! I don't believe TF2 did either, though, right? That's the game Overwatch is most comparable to, vs. many FPS where the multiplayer matches are an addition to the main storyline/single player campaign.

Hmm I didn't even consider that, interesting complaint! I don't believe TF2 did either, though, right? That's the game Overwatch is most comparable to, vs. many FPS where the multiplayer matches are an addition to the main storyline/single player campaign.

I never played TF2, either. I think I just need a greater incentive to play FPS games than the satisfaction of winning (I also lose a lot, which doesn't help). If there's not a story to progress, I get bored quickly. Something like Destiny worked for me because it gave you the chance to play solo, co-op, or competitively all as a part of a larger narrative that progressed as you played. I do like the way Overwatch looks and plays though, so maybe I can get past that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I played TF2, but I got it for free. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have, because I also don't like that there's no single player campaign. And I think it's a wasted opportunity. Every single character in Overwatch is SO INTERESTING. They're so much potential for amazing storylines. And I hate multiplayer games. It's kind of a letdown and I just hope they'll either add it as DLC later or make a whole new game with these characters that's for the people who prefer single player campaigns.

But I am in the Overwatch fandom, and you don't even need to play to learn all the storylines and fall in love with these characters, so at least there's that. I love Mercy and Junkrat so much.

Reactions: DuoShi
Also, this Chinese game looks kinda familiar...

Yep, one of my favorite youtube game reviewers posted a vid about this blatant ripoff.

Don't be silly! Blizzard obviously ripped them off! :p

Also, not on the list of fav reviewers. :( :arghh::bigtears:

Anyway, I haven't bought it yet. I might pick it up on the Xbox, first, since I have a few friends who play there, if I do decide to buy it. The beta was fun, but, lately, Old Man Sam has been falling asleep way too early, like before the sun goes down early, after work. So I haven't played much of anything in weeks. But, if I do end up buying it and having enough fun with it, I'll get the PC version, as well, so a review can have console and PC thoughts.

I wanna play that Legend of Titan game. Let's go, Ambah. Let's go.

• Funny!
if I do end up buying it and having enough fun with it, I'll get the PC version
I was telling my room a while ago that I can't imagine playing it with a controller. Mouse and keyboard is the way to go!

I play pretty much everything on PC these days unless a game is specifically console and an irresistible purchase.

Also, not on the list of fav reviewers. :( :arghh::bigtears:
Also, yeah sorry, I mean I really only follow that one dude, and the majority of games you review I am not interested in other than Diablo.

Here's the hero time played stats as of today:

june 23 overwatch stats.png

Reactions: Brewhammer
I have been playing this pretty much every day (or night on week nights) since I got it over a week ago. It's insane. I even play it sometimes with another regular from MFC that I know.

I mainly play Soldier: 76 and do very well with him, usually using him like a discount sniper or to move the payload (so many never think to move the goddamn payload!) when necessary. Sometimes I will play Reinhardt or D.Va when we need a tank.

I do have some highlight vids that I put up on Twitter (@BrewhammerMFC) but it's recordings from my cell.
Also! The Overwatch "honest trailer" had my cryin' from laughin'!!! :pompous: ("You can eat a bag of dicks, Bastion--!") ;)

EDIT:

I play pretty much everything on PC these days unless a game is specifically console and an irresistible purchase.

I am the same way! I would suck at this on a controller!! o_O

EDIT 2:

I don't like that the gameplay doesn't match the lore. Because the story is great, as are the character interactions. But it's immersion breaking when you can run a whole team of the same character, or when a good guy kills another good guy, etc. At least Tracer says "Sorry, big guy!" when she kills Winston!

But while it irks me (and they don't have enough villain depth for good guys vs. villains yet) the gameplay is crazy fun and I love. It made me stop playing Smite.

Last edited:
Went 3-7 for the 10 placement matches. Came out at 41. I'm now at 38.

I'm waiting at least 1 full week before I play competitive again. The only thing I can think is that the matchmaking is not fine-tuned yet with everyone rushing in over the last day and a half, because the games are just incredibly hard. Stupid hard. There has been basically 0 team work, and always at least one person who is heavily over-skilled for the group.

I also do not like the format at all and don't understand why they couldn't make it regular format/length games. Sudden death is a joke, and based on which map you're on, is either auto win for defense or offense.

Back to quick play for now, I'll give it another try the weekend after next.

Went 3-7 for the 10 placement matches. Came out at 41. I'm now at 38.

I am roughly the same. Overall went 4-6 in placement, came out 44 - and parked there. Haven't gone back into competitive yet and won't until things calm down a bit & they fix KotH (see below)

I'm waiting at least 1 full week before I play competitive again. The only thing I can think is that the matchmaking is not fine-tuned yet with everyone rushing in over the last day and a half, because the games are just incredibly hard. Stupid hard. There has been basically 0 team work, and always at least one person who is heavily over-skilled for the group.

I also do not like the format at all and don't understand why they couldn't make it regular format/length games. Sudden death is a joke, and based on which map you're on, is either auto win for defense or offense.

Agreed on Sudden Death, though they admit it's not ideal and they aren't keeping it past this first season.

Also, there is an issue right now with skill rating and 'King of the Hill' missions.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745755424?page=1#post-20

Last night, though, we uncovered a bug that is causing skill rating to not be adjusted properly in our Control Maps (Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios). This bug is a top priority right now and we're hoping to have a fix ASAP.

• Helpful!
I bought it pre-release but still haven't had the time to play more than an hour or two but now that competitive play is ready to go, I will be refining my skills :)

now that competitive play is ready to go, I will be refining my skills
Refine your patience levels and ability to quell rage, too, before hopping in there! It's the wild wild west!

Reactions: Brewhammer
I'm assuming that will happen either way, I come from a background in competitive Quake3 1v1, already the game seems clunky and slow to me but it was an impulse buy :p

I'm assuming that will happen either way, I come from a background in competitive Quake3 1v1, already the game seems clunky and slow to me but it was an impulse buy :p

Overwatch is very different then quake. Positioning & timing is really important. Like mobas, understanding your characters toolkit, and countering your opponents picks is as much the game as playing. Coordinating attacks, using your ablities properly take intuition and experince.

As a fellow quaker. Theres is no power ups to control. No one size fits all hero with a million weapons. You can't speed run the whole map, or be every where and kill everyone. To play right is a team effort.

Overwatch is very different then quake. Positioning & timing is really important. Like mobas, understanding your characters toolkit, and countering your opponents picks is as much the game as playing. Coordinating attacks, using your ablities properly take intuition and experince.

As a fellow quaker. Theres is no power ups to control. No one size fits all hero with a million weapons. You can't speed run the whole map, or be every where and kill everyone. To play right is a team effort.

HI Lelo1, I agree with your assessment of Overwatch but I think the key skills needed for MOBAs/Overwatch such as character toolkit and countering opponents picks also apply in Quake such as knowing when/how/if to attack and with which weapon and countering is huge as well when discussing high level game play (weapon counters such as RL vs. LG, strategy counters such as splitting MH/RA or RA/2xYA, and I'm only referring to 1v1 not TDM).

I completely get why Billzard took the route they did with Overwatch, its easier to pick up and play, much more friendly and forgiving to new or less experienced players but ultimately it caps the skill level that dividends the 1st and 100th ranked players in the world for instance, due to the factors you mentioned. I see it with Reflex all the time, a new player with minimal AFPS experience gets the game and is discouraged within a day or two due to the skill gap they need to close between learning maps/weapons/aim/movement/strategy/etc...

Nonetheless, I'm giving it a shoot and I'm happy to see a non-cs style FPS take center stage in the eSports world again, I'm crossing my finger that Overwatch creates a bridge to faster paced and pure skill dominated AFPS such as Q3 and Painkiller.

I hope not. Yesterday I made it almost to level 60; and then had a string of bad games and am now down to 51. -.-

Finally have had the time to play some OW, played ~40 games this week, certainly starting to get an urge to pile hours and hours into OW!

Status
Not open for further replies.