AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

People with chronic illness...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ai_Senpai

Cam Model
Apr 28, 2019
MFC Username
Ai_Senpai
How do you cope when you’re not well and what do you do to stay as consistent as you can?

I’ve been struggling with consistency because of how unpredictable my disease is and it’s having an impact. I don’t want to go on when I’m poorly because that’s just no fun for anyone! I can’t even hide when I’m ill it affects me too much.

I don’t have any other major commitments which makes it a bit easier because I’m not using my energy on other things. :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: Beawaresweety
Streamate and clips play better with chronic illness than MFC/charturbate where consistency is more important.

Streamate and clips play better with chronic illness than MFC/charturbate where consistency is more important.
Yep! I can knock out a ton of clips on a good pain day, then all I have to do on bad days is editing, uploading, and promo, all of which I can do chilling in the La-Z-Boy or laying in bed.

I'm with Saffron...though my issue isn't pain (not anymore thank goodness!), but cognitive issues.

So, conversely for me, I do clips and photo sets, editing and uploading on my good days. And turn on the cam on my not so good days since it takes less brain power. On the really bad days, I do the dishes lol

Absolutely agreed. More social sites like MFC and CB rely on being able to stick with a pretty routine schedule, always camming around the same times of day.

As frustrating as SM has been lately for other reasons, SM is still far more forgiving of a site to work on if you have any chronic issues.

I'm chronically ill too. I don't have much advice, but just wanted to say you're so not alone--I really feel you on this struggle. My current plan is not to use sites that really require so much consistency. SM has been good so far and I'm planning to get started on MV soon. Though the thing I can do most consistently (and usually without making myself sicker by overdoing it...it's real easy to overdo it with other things because I have severe photophobia) is texting so I'm hoping to be able to start SP when I have enough of a following in other places and then transition as much of my work as I can to that.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this! I have been really struggling the last couple years the hardest especially with a ton of health problems, all of them chronic, & I now have chronic daily pain. We are looking at auto immune diseases as well.

Half the time, I can’t even be consistant with content either, forget about camming on any kind of regular basis, I’m lucky if I can even hop on cam every couple months or so.

One of my biggest lifesavers over the years as I get sicker & sicker is my Premium Snapchat. For many years, that’s actually been my main source of income.

How is your fan base? & are you open about your health issues? If you are open, are you open about them to everyone? Or just to your regulars etc? I don’t discuss much outside of with certain model friends, & my regulars. I’ve definately been open in the past with my health stuff because it got to the point where I couldn’t hide it, & everyone was wondering why I wasn’t around as much, & once I spilled the beans, I got a lot of support from everyone, not just my regulars, & I got understanding too, which was really nice. I didn’t get any pressure to get online etc, but everyone was super happy if I got on, even if I wasn’t dolled up, it was more casual hangs, with some sexy stuff.

I say if you’re comfortable with it, maybe let some people, or everyone, whichever you are most comfortable with, know that you have some health things going on that takes away from what you’re able to do, & I’m sure they will support you, & understand, & be even happier to spend time with you if you get online even if you aren’t able to be 100% (if you so choose to do so of course) & like @River Rose said, you’re not alone! It’s so hard, but just do what you can, when you can! Passive income like videos, photosets, even mp3’s & texting can really help fill in the gaps! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ to all of us going through these things.

Reactions: River Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.