AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Portable wifi?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A single 4g connection, Depending on where your a, You would be lucky if you get 5 Mbps. Let alone a sustainable 5. And with 3g you would be lucky to get a sustain 1-2 Mbps.

You could try a 4g, see what you get.

I would expect for streaming, at a decent quality. your probable going to need 2-4 4g modems bonded together.

Teradek makes products to do video streaming using bonded 4g connection. They're intended for 4g video streaming. If you contact them, they can probable tell you what their cheapest option would be.

Reactions: Mia Cherry
A single 4g connection, Depending on where your a, You would be lucky if you get 5 Mbps. Let alone a sustainable 5.

Really? When I was with Verizon, I could use my phone as a hotspot and was usually getting 30 for my upload and download speeds. I had fewer disconnects using that to cam than I typically do while hardwired to a modem. And this 30 up/down was while I was living on a farm in bumfuck, Iowa.

A single 4g connection, Depending on where your a, You would be lucky if you get 5 Mbps. Let alone a sustainable 5. And with 3g you would be lucky to get a sustain 1-2 Mbps.

You could try a 4g, see what you get.

I would expect for streaming, at a decent quality. your probable going to need 2-4 4g modems bonded together.

Teradek makes products to do video streaming using bonded 4g connection. They're intended for 4g video streaming. If you contact them, they can probable tell you what their cheapest option would be.

Where are you getting those numbers from? That seems really slow. I got around those speeds years ago on t-mobile when hspca+ first came out in an area with spotty signal. On LTE I get way more than that.

According to speedtest.net, the mean mobile speeds in the US are 28 down/8 up.
http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/

For the OP, you don't even really need a device for that. Most phones can do it. It's more of an issue of the service than anything. You need a data plan that 1. Supports tethering and 2. Has enough data to stream.

2. Has enough data to stream.

Average usage is 1gb per hour streamed. Most plans have 15gb at 4g speeds, then it dips way down to almost dial-up slow. I would use up the 15gb from my phone, then rotate to my tablet, and that would be enough to get me through the month.

Average usage is 1gb per hour streamed. Most plans have 15gb at 4g speeds, then it dips way down to almost dial-up slow. I would use up the 15gb from my phone, then rotate to my tablet, and that would be enough to get me through the month.

Pay as you go plans might be better then. No throttling and allow tethering since you're paying for every GB you use anyway. I use mint mobile. 10GB plan is only $25/month. You can add data as needed.

hey you can buy a portable hotspot from at&t (that's what mine was but i'm not sure if you can use another service). you can even do a month to month thing, like a paycard instead of a payment plan. i've travelled with it in my car while driving across the country so i could watch netflix and it was great. only 1 dead spot that i had. also, my partner plays wow with it and it gave him roughly 30-35 fps. but i've also used it when i was in a hotel just to make sure i had stable wifi. hope this helps!

also - just saw that this thread is a billion years old. well, if anyone needs to know now there u go!

Status
Not open for further replies.