AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Posting recorded pvt on onlyfans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sxmxr

Deactivated Account
Oct 6, 2020
How do you feel about taking your own recorded private shows and posting them on onlyfans?

I don't do privates anymore, so this isn't a decision I have to make for myself, but I wouldn't do it. A lot of guys are really protective of their private shows and would be pissed if they found out that something they paid $6 per minute for was posted for everyone to see. I do sometimes post recordings of public shows though.

I don't post the whole thing but I post portions of some. They are mine, and in all cases I edit and provide free copies to the original buyer also. They don't tip me extra for that, but seem to love it, so I need to make the money for my time somehow. All my regs know I do it and don't care. Their names and voices aren't in it, they are edited clips of me. In fact the times I can't be bothered doing it, they ask me for the copies... so....

I have a lot of regs who are not that protective of their shows, and are into cuckold, voyeur, group etc. I'm not overly fond of people who take camming shows that seriously that they feel entitled not to let me edit or reshare. I own it, it's me, it's not them. Especially when they get their free full HD copy that often takes me up to an hour or so to edit for them, over and above the showtime. That hour was not paid for directly, so needs to be compensated. I've been doing it for over a year, and I'm busier than ever. It's fine w me if the guys who don't like that stay away, and I usually always ask if they mind that I make a copy, and I've never had one say "No please don't make and give me an edited copy".

ETA; But yeah, no one on either of my OFs pays enough to get the full recording of any private. Like 2 or 3 mins tops.

Last edited:
I think one of the best ways to utilize a recorded private is to make gifs of the really sexy moments, possibly very short video clips of it, but not post the whole thing in its entirety. Especially if it was a true private/no spies private.

How do you feel about taking your own recorded private shows and posting them on onlyfans?
This may be an unpopular opinion, but here's my two cents:

Yes, fans are paying for your time in private. BUT. There's only ONE of you to ever exist on this planet. You're a big fucking deal. I'll give you an example...when fans order custom videos from me, I do resell them, unless they pay extra which is a HEFTY fee, for exclusivity rights. It is what it is. It's my world and those are my rules.

I have posted recorded Skype shows before and would do it again.

It IS important to respect the privacy of fans, so if at any time they are shown on the screen or whatever, edit them out in post. Conceal their identity. That kinda thing.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but here's my two cents:

Yes, fans are paying for your time in private. BUT. There's only ONE of you to ever exist on this planet. You're a big fucking deal. I'll give you an example...when fans order custom videos from me, I do resell them, unless they pay extra which is a HEFTY fee, for exclusivity rights. It is what it is. It's my world and those are my rules.

I have posted recorded Skype shows before and would do it again.

It IS important to respect the privacy of fans, so if at any time they are shown on the screen or whatever, edit them out in post. Conceal their identity. That kinda thing.
I mean, unlike a custom video, privacy is in the name of the service 🤷‍♂️

Yeah but legally they don't own the rights to it... so.
So many repost their own privates on tube sites for free, but we do it, after careful editing and quality control, and we're crucified for it (when we are actually the one's who own it, and who are featured in it, not them).

So I do disagree with those who are against models doing this to make extra money. But everyone has a right to their own opinion, and to avoid models (like me) who openly and unashamedly do this, if it's not something they like.
I can see why they would be against broadcasting it on another site for free simultaneously or posting the whole paid session to OF at no extra cost. But a carefully edited clip, that features only the model, and is full price... c'mon... Seems like having a problem with that is taking things way too far, and way too seriously imo. Especially if they get a free high-quality copy at no charge too. But people have a right to if their own opinion, and to avoid those of us who do it all they want. That's fine w me.

Last edited:
Sorry for DP, but also want to point out something else (I've spent a lot of time thinking about this over the last few years).

Once it's been edited its actually not their "private" or "exclusive" show anymore anyways. It's been re-cropped and is usually significantly shortend with tons of stuff omitted, so it's actually a different show. The only way it would be "their" private is if it were the whole thing in it's full entirety, which it never is.

Last edited:
I have stopped using models before on SM that I ever found out was showing or reselling exclusives. There's are some things where it's clear your customers are paying extra for privacy. Sure you can do it but you won't know who doesn't come back because you've broken trust with them.

I have to point out there's a huge distinction here between a private show which people can peep on already and exclusive where it's clear the customer is expecting and paying much more for privacy.

Once it's been edited its actually not their "private" or "exclusive" show anymore anyways. It's been re-cropped and is usually significantly shortend with tons of stuff omitted, so it's actually a different show. The only way it would be "their" private is if it were the whole thing in it's full entirety, which it never is.
Yeah that!

Yeah but legally they don't own the rights to it... so.
So many repost their own privates on tube sites for free, but we do it, after careful editing and quality control, and we're crucified for it (when we are actually the one's who own it, and who are featured in it, not them).

So I do disagree with those who are against models doing this to make extra money. But everyone has a right to their own opinion, and to avoid models (like me) who openly and unashamedly do this, if it's not something they like.
I can see why they would be against broadcasting it on another site for free simultaneously or posting the whole paid session to OF at no extra cost. But a carefully edited clip, that features only the model, and is full price... c'mon... Seems like having a problem with that is taking things way too far, and way too seriously imo. Especially if they get a free high-quality copy at no charge too. But people have a right to if their own opinion, and to avoid those of us who do it all they want. That's fine w me.
Legality doesn't determine if something is right or not.

Reactions: Makko and SMuser69
My stance, as a guy that buys private shows:

- If it’s being broadcast publicly on another website, or offered for free in other ways (video after the fact, etc), that’s disrespectful to the customer paying for the show.

- Different story for SELLING it to other customers (spying for a fee, or selling clips afterward). I’m OK with that, because I’m not funding the private show for everyone else if they also have to pay to view it. As long as I am not seen, heard or mentioned in the content being re-sold or spied on, I have no issues.

But in all cases, I think it’s best to make sure the member knows the deal up front. Just to eliminate any ambiguity as to what they think they’ve purchased when they shell out for something labeled “private.”

To me, it’s just a matter of respecting my decision to spend money on a private with you. If the content ends up being seen elsewhere, those members should also be paying for it. And while not required, it would be a nice gesture to let me know if the private show I bought might pop up for sale somewhere afterward. And nice gestures are a good idea when you’re in the business of trying to maintain customer relationships.

Legality doesn't determine if something is right or not.
That is true, it could be seen as an ethics issue by a possessive type member.
Also, I never said it did determine whether it was right or not. I said that I do it, and disagree with people who don't think it's fair of a model to do.
I wouldn't be in the sex work industry if I cared much about other people's ethical judgments. Lol that would be insane.

I don't see it as an ethics issue myself, at all, because it's in the ToS of most sites, which members agree to. Also any member can ask any model before buying a show; "Do you record and resell shows". The model can then say "Yes" (as I would). Then the Member can say; "Would you be willing not to record my show, if I buy a show with you right now?" and the model can say "No" (as I would in most cases), or "Yes, I would be willing not to do that for your show" as I would in a few cases.

Then the member can either stay or move on to another model, who has an answer he agrees with, and relates to.

It's just the way I see it. I see it as strange and possessive, because as a Member and show buyer myself, I would feel really weird if any of the models I had privates with, didn't feel supported and free to resell and edit at their own desire. I just don't see it as my place, as the show buyer to care, or to be demanding of an entertainer in that way. It is literally a one sided show which doesn't include anything the buyer typed, said, or showed on C2C. It is literally parts of half of a show, that features me only (the model), and has no identifying info or risk for the original show buyer whatsoever.

As a model I don't want to attract the type of guy that would be that possessive and unsupportive like that (in a camming context). That's my way of seeing it.

I just want to present it here, I don't ask or care if some people don't agree with me.
I guess I just want them to consider the matter open-mindedly, and fairly from the point of view I present.

ETA; And as for the asking up front part, I tried that for a while at F10s suggestion, and it was so awkward and such a mood killer. Every single person I asked said "Please do tape it, I want a free copy". So I'm not asking at the beginning of each show. There are literally 100 clips all over my profile which are openly sold as live show tapings, and it's in ToS. Plus I'm always talking about doing it openly. So at that point I feel like it's becoming hand-holding. Just the way I see it. Sorry.

Last edited:
I don't post the whole thing but I post portions of some...Like 2 or 3 mins tops
I feel that this is fair for all parties involved. If someone is just posting a whole private show for free, I don't think that's right at all, unless the person who purchased the initial show doesn't care of course. The way you do it is smart and respectful.

It is literally a one sided show which doesn't include anything the buyer typed, said, or showed on C2C. It is literally parts of half of a show, that features me only (the model), and has no identifying info or risk for the original show buyer whatsoever.
How do you record it without exposing the other member's privacy or do you just edit out all sound and then add a voice track or music over it?

I feel that this is fair for all parties involved. If someone is just posting a whole private show for free, I don't think that's right at all, unless the person who purchased the initial show doesn't care of course. The way you do it is smart and respectful.

How do you record it without exposing the other member's privacy or do you just edit out all sound and then add a voice track or music over it?
Lots of members type and don’t have sound. Those that do have sound never used to be picked up on my old computer. On my new computer they can be, but only if I have the volume up, and they have a good mic. Most often I can hear them but my speakers never pick up their voice which is cool. Usually they only talk during the first portion of the show anyway, so I cut that, if it was even picked up. Once in a great while a guy talks throughout the show, and it gets picked up, so I just trash that recording completely. Which means he cannot get a free copy of his show.

I live cam on streamate only. So I can only send them free through the streamate system. The staff take 3 or 4 days to approve or reject new vid uploads. They would reject any clip that had any music or noise (aside from my voice), and are very strict about that. So when I record privates I have really strict and time consuming editing criterion that I have to follow. Hence why average edit time for me is at least an hour. I usually crop, cut stitch, and have to go through the whole thing 2 times at a total minimum. Plus watermark etc etc Checking for any and every little thing. While wearing It’s not like ManyVids or some of the clip sites where you just upload and that’s that. These clips I am talking about are hand reviewed by SM staff.

The TOS also state that any staff member can look in on any private show at any time. So this perception that these shows are ever truly private is and always has been a fallacy. I’ve been aware of that since day 1, but I understand that others perhaps have not researched it or thought it through. Which frustrates me given I did, but whatever. I like that there is never any true one on one privacy, even via DM.

That adds a level of boundary and safety to all interactions that I really appreciate. One of the main reasons I went exclusive with that site. It can be very strict.

When I went for a month or so of asking at the beginning of each show I never got a No. Then after that most regulars assumed I would be recording every show, editing, and sending them a free copy. I don’t always feel like that level of work. If I work a 3 hour shift, that can be anywhere from 5 to 30 shows. That’s days and days of editing afterward. I don’t always want to do that for everyone.

It’s actually a shit ton of super intensive editing work. But I don’t expect everyone to consider or appreciate that. Their pejorative to judge what they want. Mine to disregard their judgement.

Last edited:
Lots of members type and don’t have sound. Those that do have sound never used to be picked up on my old computer. On my new computer they can be, but only if I have the volume up, and they have a good mic. Most often I can hear them but my speakers never pick up their voice which is cool. Usually they only talk during the first portion of the show anyway, so I cut that, if it was even picked up. Once in a great while a guy talks throughout the show, and it gets picked up, so I just trash that recording completely. Which means he cannot get a free copy of his show.

I live cam on streamate only. So I can only send them free through the streamate system. The staff take 3 or 4 days to approve or reject new vid uploads. They would reject any clip that had any music or noise (aside from my voice), and are very strict about that. So when I record privates I have really strict and time consuming editing criterion that I have to follow. Hence why average edit time for me is at least an hour. I usually crop, cut stitch, and have to go through the whole thing 2 times at a total minimum. Plus watermark etc etc Checking for any and every little thing. While wearing It’s not like ManyVids or some of the clip sites where you just upload and that’s that. These clips I am talking about are hand reviewed by SM staff.

The TOS also state that any staff member can look in on any private show at any time. So this perception that these shows are ever truly private is and always has been a fallacy. I’ve been aware of that since day 1, but I understand that others perhaps have not researched it or thought it through. Which frustrates me given I did, but whatever. I like that there is never any true one on one privacy, even via DM.

That adds a level of boundary and safety to all interactions that I really appreciate. One of the main reasons I went exclusive with that site. It can be very strict.

When I went for a month or so of asking at the beginning of each show I never got a No. Then after that most regulars assumed I would be recording every show, editing, and sending them a free copy. I don’t always feel like that level of work. If I work a 3 hour shift, that can be anywhere from 5 to 30 shows. That’s days and days of editing afterward. I don’t always want to do that for everyone.

It’s actually a shit ton of super intensive editing work. But I don’t expect everyone to consider or appreciate that. Their pejorative to judge what they want. Mine to disregard their judgement.
That is so much work you do afterwards! After doing all that editing, I can completely understand you wanting some additional compensation. Is this typical for SM models to do? If so, why hasn't SM just implemented a way for the member to download the private immediately and directly to their collection? CB has this option and it's really nice. Maybe it's not something that people commonly want? Though it seems like it would be.

I'll sometimes split up and post my PVTs from streammate. Privates are a group experience on there and literally anyone can pop in and watch so it seems pretty fair. Keep in mind I also don't say usernames or have their mic audio on in pvt, so there is no way to identify them. I don't however post any of my exclusives, or off site one on one calls. Those are much more personal, and it wouldn't feel right to post that personally

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sorry for DP, but also want to point out something else (I've spent a lot of time thinking about this over the last few years).

Thank you for your response! You really gave me the feedback I was looking for. So what I’m going to do is put a disclaimer in my bio somewhere that all the rights to my videos are mine including private and tell anyone requests out to check my bio first. I’m tired of certain users making us feel bad for what we are entitled to.
I had a user tell me he “lost all trust in me” because I uploaded it to onlyfans (after I spent hours!! Editing my own video) He did pay a lot of money for the private, but I made double what he gave me from people spying on it... so I’m not sure how to justify the fact that he paid for it. Also the word “private” does not mean users own the rights to my videos it means I choose to kick all non paying members for a moment if I want.

side note that private is already recorded by someone else on a free tube site. So the only person doing something wrong here is the tube site uploader.

Last thing I’m going to say is that this job is hard enough when people beg for free stuff all the time, and my content is stolen and posted for free, and then I have possessive for no reason users who don’t want me reposting a show i worked so hard for. There is a lot of belittling of what we do in our industry and enablers letting it happen allowing these users to think their behavior is ok.

That is so much work you do afterwards! After doing all that editing, I can completely understand you wanting some additional compensation. Is this typical for SM models to do? If so, why hasn't SM just implemented a way for the member to download the private immediately and directly to their collection? CB has this option and it's really nice. Maybe it's not something that people commonly want? Though it seems like it would be.
Thanks, I'm not sure what the other models do. I don't think many provide them free to the original show buyer like I do, or as frequently as I do. But I can't know for sure.

I'm not sure why SM hasn't done this. I'm kind of glad they don't because I want a chance to edit it and make it better flow-wise, take out any private stuff, and just make it into a general all-around better clip.

@Stacii thanks. The way I see it I'm the one whose body it is. I'm the one that takes the risk every time I go out in public of being doxxed, followed/ potentially stalked and raped. They are not. 5 minutes from now, 5 hours, or 5 months many won't remember or give a fuck about who I am and the time they spent with me, and that is fine, that's how it should be. But am I gonna profit as much as I can off of that time since I am the one taking all the risk and judgement by society... fuck yes I am! It's just the way I see it.

Paying for a private show doesn't mean they owned my body or my broadcast for that 2 to 45 minutes. It's still me. The part of the show that I saw from my eyes out (i.e. them, C2C, what they had to say is not included, and couldn't be, because it's not the way my camera is facing). I'm the one who paid $1000s for the equipment that was used. It's me. It's mine. They paid to be able to direct me for a short time, and to a certain degree., they didn't buy the whole broadcast. The rights/ copyright to my broadcast are never for sale and never have been, or my per minute rate would be $100s or $1000s, not $7.

There's always a chance ofcourse that this will decrease the amount of Privates you get. But if you make more by reselling the ones you do get, hey good for you.
Personally I would never start a Private if I know it would be sold later. During the Private, I think I would feel weird knowing other guys will see it one day. I would be treating it different and enjoying it less.

There's always a chance ofcourse that this will decrease the amount of Privates you get. But if you make more by reselling the ones you do get, hey good for you.
It hasn't decreased sales at all, quite the opposite.

Personally I would never start a Private if I know it would be sold later. During the Private, I think I would feel weird knowing other guys will see it one day. I would be treating it different and enjoying it less.
Great, then don't, that's a right you have... to choose who you get shows with. Just like it's a right I have, to choose who I do shows for/ with and who I want to accomodate and to what extent.
I'm not open to every Tom, Dick and Harry - never have been.
Win/ win for everyone 🎈 🎈

Last edited:

this

Would the cam sites approve of this? If a member finds their private show being sold on Only Fans, could they report the model?

Would the cam sites approve of this? If a member finds their private show being sold on Only Fans, could they report the model?
Read the TOS of all the sites and answer that yourself. It's literally spelled out for you.

I'm sorry to be rude, but the naivety and lack of knowledge astound and frustrate me. This is why when non-models offer their opinions on stuff, it's kind of difficult to take them that seriously.
Why are some of you using these sites, but not having the first clue what the rules and boundaries are?
When we do this as models, everyone jumps down our throats and tells us to read the TOS, if we make the slightest error.
Does the same rule not apply to members or something?

ETA; Yeah, it's not fun reading, but it's all there for you. Why do we have to do it for you and translate it into easy language for you? Like for real?

Last edited:
I am just curious for 1 question to be honest, for anyone that DOES post/share recorded private show on their OnlyFans, do you include it/them (some or all?) in the monthly renewal/subscription, or do you make them PPV? Or maybe it's a mixture depending on popularity or length or other criteria?

I think if the member gets them "free" (by this mean just pay the 1 monthly price for subscription) it's a no-no for me, and I don't like this, BUT if it's the latter and they are individually PPV, then that is perfectly acceptable, even if it's only $1 or $2 for 10 minutes or more

I am just curious for 1 question to be honest, for anyone that DOES pst/share recorded private show on their OnlyFns, do you include it/them (some, all?) in the monthly renewal/subscription, or do you ma them b PPV?
I think if the member gets them "free" (by this mean just pay the 1 monthly price for subscription) it's a no-no for me, and I don't like this, BUT if it's the latter and they are individually PPV, then that is perfectly acceptable, even if it's only$1 r $2 for 10 minutes+
I include some heavily edited portions of 1-3 minutes. And it's not even a consecutive 1-3 minutes, it jumps around, and often had 10-30 secs nudity max. Usually, those are from shows 30 minutes long or so, which were 20 mins plus of nudity. I never post the full thing.

The full shows are always charged full price on clipsites (other than for the original show buyer who they are free for w/ me, although if I wanted to charge the original show buyer for my editing time I could, and would be within my rights to do so). I don't sell them on OF at all, because I don't do PPV on either of my OF accounts. They are never truly the full show anyway, even when sold on clip sites. Like I tried to explain repeatedly. Sigh. I'd be surprised if any model were stupid enough to post a whole show to their OF for people who pay so little per month.

ETA; For example my most recent one was from a 50 minutes show, and was OKed by the original show buyer to be made into a clip. The full clip (which is not and never will be available on OF) is 35 minutes long. A portion of it about 2 minutes long is posted to my OF, and has none of the full nudity that the 50-minute show had. It has clothed 30-second jump segments taken from the first 5 minutes of the show before anything got explicit.

Last edited:
And with that, I'm out on this thread. I have single-handedly put so much effort into explaining this. So no one expects further answers, attention or comment from me. I've done my part, and I'm over it, and busy w more rewarding ventures. Not trying to be rude, this whole thread is just a smh moment for me.

Content being provided behind a paywall isn't free, just to note that.

And everything we do on cam is OURS.

So there's nothing wrong with the model taking the content and editing it to be appropriate for any platform works best. It's more respectable if it's edited and behind a paywall, but a member has very little room to be upset or call it a no-no regardless.

Privates are private in that the user gets undivided attention for the duration of that show, not that they have any say or right over how the model uses the performance that she does during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.