AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Powerball

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no winner :D

One of the grocery store's employees said to a customer's (who was buying a ticket) son "Just think of all the toys you could get with that money." LOL...

• Funny!
Reactions: TacoBelle and Gen
Here's a fun odds simulator. It only took me 175,000 plays with my numbers to win, so I'm way ahead of the odd!

Aside from an occasional scratch ticket, I've never actually played the lottery. A billion dollars is a pretty tempting payout for a $2 investment, though.

The funny thing is, it's actually both common sense, and anti-common sense at the same time:

GgNlSTe.jpg

Around here we call it " The redneck retirement plan "
I mean, it's not untrue: it does increase your chances of winning. But it also is a terrible idea that leaves you broke and bewildered. :D

"Buy as many tickets as you can afford" is the worst false concept ever. These types of lottos often have the people who can afford it the least, spending the most. They think if their neighbor bought 1 ticket & they get 100, that they have 100x better of a chance. Except it's not really multiplicative on a scale of this size.

Someone already did the math, if you are willing to spend 360some million dollars you can guarantee a win of 1 million at this point, not a sound investment.

I feel bad for people who literally in hopes of a better life, try to sink their funds into something like the powerball lotto.

Reactions: Gen
So what you do is buy one (1) ticket and never check it, while avoiding news about people winning that lottery as best you can. The less you know, the better. For all you know, you won, and can fantasize about how your life would be with all that money. There's usually a limit on how long you can go before claiming your prize, and when you reach that limit, you toss the ticket without having ever checked it. Then you can buy a new one, and continue your fantasy, without any of the disappointment of discovering that, inevitably, you didn't win. As far as entertainment goes, that's pretty decent value.

One always thinks the big lottery winning is for people you don't know. My best friend thru high school and a little part of college (until he got a girlfriend) ---his grandfather won the lottery in my state. I am not sure if it was powerball but it was the largest payout at that time. He purchased one ticket on a whim at the grocery store chain in his area. He didn't even pick his numbers and did a 5.00 ticket. I didn't learn about it until later because my friend went on to do his life and stuff and we didn't talk all that much, but, I guess his WWII vet grandfather split it with his three sons, who all moved to a warmer climate, and he promised his grand kids would would be well provided for.

It blows my mind to this day.

It's just the weirdest thing to actually have met someone (once, when I was invited to a family gathering) that got those lucky numbers. Obviously it can happen to anyone. Right place and right time.

Spent $12 on Friday and on my was to spend $12 more. 5 random picks and 1 set of what I consider valuable numbers haha...

At least if I don't win I contributed to someone's big win!

Reactions: Gen
I'm gonna win it!!!

I hate to break this to ya but I have the winning numbers. Yep, I'm committed to spread it with a model from this forum. Gonna be raining hun'ids on that girl! :)

One always thinks the big lottery winning is for people you don't know. My best friend thru high school and a little part of college (until he got a girlfriend) ---his grandfather won the lottery in my state. I am not sure if it was powerball but it was the largest payout at that time. He purchased one ticket on a whim at the grocery store chain in his area. He didn't even pick his numbers and did a 5.00 ticket. I didn't learn about it until later because my friend went on to do his life and stuff and we didn't talk all that much, but, I guess his WWII vet grandfather split it with his three sons, who all moved to a warmer climate, and he promised his grand kids would would be well provided for.

It blows my mind to this day.

It's just the weirdest thing to actually have met someone (once, when I was invited to a family gathering) that got those lucky numbers. Obviously it can happen to anyone. Right place and right time.
I knew someone years ago in Idaho who won a huge jackpot in the lottery too, and another who won a smaller but still very large sum. It happens frequently enough that it's not out of the real of reason, throw in the smaller prize pots and their size right now too and well... a LOT of people won a LOT of money last drawing even though the jackpot wasn't won. Three people in my home state won $1 for matching all but the powerball.
The word "afford" seems to vary a lot depending on who your talking to. IMO if it negatively impacts your life financially, you couldn't afford it.

Reactions: Nordling
I knew someone years ago in Idaho who won a huge jackpot in the lottery too, and another who won a smaller but still very large sum. It happens frequently enough that it's not out of the real of reason, throw in the smaller prize pots and their size right now too and well... a LOT of people won a LOT of money last drawing even though the jackpot wasn't won. Three people in my home state won $1 for matching all but the powerball.
The word "afford" seems to vary a lot depending on who your talking to. IMO if it negatively impacts your life financially, you couldn't afford it.
Realm of reason* $1million* oye, I'm a master of shitty typing lately.

The in-laws of a cousin of mine won the Australian lottery years ago not once but twice in two weeks. The prizes were worth $600K a piece. As it was in the late 70s early 80s, that was a crap ton of money back then. As far as I know, they're still sitting pretty nearly 40 years later.

Reactions: SpankyHam
Last I heard was three winning tickets. Each will get about $187 million after taxes. I spent about $20 for the last several drawings combined and hit one powerball number for $4.

The other day, i was thinking about some of the ugly stories that come with winning the mega million jackpots. I remember reading something like 70% to 90% of the mega million winners eventually go broke due to over splurging, pressure of supporting friends & family, people swindling away some of the winnings, gambling it away, etc. And of course, there are the horror stories of committing murder in order to inherit all that money. The end story is that the winner is somehow left in a worse situation, financially or otherwise, than before she/he won the lotto.

Edit: here's an article on some of the sad stories via NYDaily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/tragic-stories-lottery-winners-article-1.2492941

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.