AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pre-tip for pvt?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2023
Hi guys! Im new to camming and have been making good money on mostly privates. However I have the problem of guys getting into pvt for about 2-3 min and then leaving, and those pvts just disrupts my main chat while im barely making any money with such short pvts.

So my question is if I should start requiring a pre tip before pvt and if any of you find that you get higher quality customers then? I guess im just afraid that a pre tip will make people less likely to take me to pvt.

Without knowing the sites you stream on it is difficult to answer you.

On chaturbate it is not uncommon to require a pre-tip, you could also set a minimum duration of pvt, raise your pvt rate...or choose to decline the pvt telling the user that you schedule your pvts for the end of your stream.

I have seen some do it on most sites I've been using.. but a lot of sites also have a "minimum private length" option that you might be able to utilize, as Bamdicted said, it's easier to help if we know which sites you are using :)

Reactions: Maxi
I have seen some do it on most sites I've been using.. but a lot of sites also have a "minimum private length" option that you might be able to utilize, as Bamdicted said, it's easier to help if we know which sites you are using :)
Agree. On StripChat my fave model sets a ten minute minimum for pvts. Still… most members don’t take advantage of that or they just don’t know and then leave - mostly because they’ve run out of tokens.

You get the odd occasion where it goes on for longer if they top up.

Agree. On StripChat my fave model sets a ten minute minimum for pvts. Still… most members don’t take advantage of that or they just don’t know and then leave - mostly because they’ve run out of tokens.

You get the odd occasion where it goes on for longer if they top up.
If you leave before time on SC, it still takes the tokens for the full 10 minutes, and you should not be able to start a private, unless you have the tokens for the 10 minutes, at least that's how I understood it when I read through it, correct? :)

1693915258236.png

If you leave before time on SC, it still takes the tokens for the full 10 minutes, and you should not be able to start a private, unless you have the tokens for the 10 minutes, at least that's how I understood it when I read through it, correct? :)

View attachment 97532
True, but if they tip during the pvt then they run out of tokens ☺️

Reactions: Wuggie
From my observation definitely set a minimum time. Otherwise when things get hot in the public show (which usually means you are getting good tips) some asshole will want to go private for 2 minutes to cum.

I have seen many models get pulled from a profitable public show, go for a short private and when she returns all the tippers have left because they also wanted to finish so they found a live room to do so

From my observation definitely set a minimum time. Otherwise when things get hot in the public show (which usually means you are getting good tips) some asshole will want to go private for 2 minutes to cum.

I have seen many models get pulled from a profitable public show, go for a short private and when she returns all the tippers have left because they also wanted to finish so they found a live room to do so
There is also the option to disable privates for the time being when the public show really starts taking speed.. at least that is an option on CB.. some write it in their topics, others actually disable it in settings.

As everyone has said, it depends on the site.

If you’re on mfc- something to remember is private prices are set and have not gone up since I have been there v (2010) which means due to inflation we have slowly been getting less and less.

Next point: if you currently have a decent amount of customers you should be fine raising prices. you will lose a few people but it does attract better quality people.

Last edited:
On MFC there is a setting to set a minimum of tokens to start a private.
So if you want your privates to be let's say at least 10 minutes long, then set your minimum at 600 tokens to start (or 800 if you do True private).

This is on the Web Broadcaster Options > Advanced

In the same settings tab there is an option for minimum tips, which lets you avoid 1tk tips too.

On MFC there is a setting to set a minimum of tokens to start a private.
So if you want your privates to be let's say at least 10 minutes long, then set your minimum at 600 tokens to start (or 800 if you do True private).

This is on the Web Broadcaster Options > Advanced

In the same settings tab there is an option for minimum tips, which lets you avoid 1tk tips too.
Unfortunately that is only a minimum of tokens held, not a minimum spend.
So some numpty could do a 2min pvt, you make a couple dollars.....and lose all the tippers in your room.

Personally I do a pretip, and specify what is included because of the pretip. Neither of us wants to sit there running up the clock till enough is spent to do naked or toys or whatever...better to get a pretip and get stuck right in.

Unfortunately that is only a minimum of tokens held, not a minimum spend.
So some numpty could do a 2min pvt, you make a couple dollars.....and lose all the tippers in your room.

Personally I do a pretip, and specify what is included because of the pretip. Neither of us wants to sit there running up the clock till enough is spent to do naked or toys or whatever...better to get a pretip and get stuck right in.
Yes and I have just learned that privates are recorded and gets accessible for the user afterwards on mfc. Many are just ending the pvt right after I take my top off and I think that's maybe due to them being able to access that material later. They get a clip saved for just a few tokens

Yes and I have just learned that privates are recorded and gets accessible for the user afterwards on mfc. Many are just ending the pvt right after I take my top off and I think that's maybe due to them being able to access that material later. They get a clip saved for just a few tokens
I'm not positive, but I think the minimum for them to receive a recording is 90 seconds.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Status
Not open for further replies.