AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Premiums: How do you feel about guests/basics talking?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Premiums: Does it bother you when a model lets guests/basics talk?

• Yes-if they don't pay at least $20 to become a premium, they shouldn't have the right to speak.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Only if they get out of control with begging/being rude

Votes: 65 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guests and basics don't bother me much. I have thought of just muting them outright myself, but then I may miss out on some random unintentional funny things they may spout off :p

DuoShi said:
KayleePond does a nice job of this with her rules and the strike system she has in effect.

I second this, I feel they're kept under pretty good control in this situation. I've witnessed some nice guests/basics in the past who were very grateful for the opportunity to speak even for just a little while. Though I totally understand just muting them straightaway. Sometimes it's not worth the time, patience, and energy to have to deal with them. Every model is different and I would respect whatever decision is made for their room.

Moros1138 said:
I became a premium member because of a model who allowed basics and guests to talk.

I will say that one of my favorite premium friends on MFC started as a very nice basic. This is probably an uncommon thing, but it does happen. :)

As a member, it does not bother when guests/basics are allowed to talk. I'm not gonna bail on a room for that reason. Some models handle it better than others.

I've seen top models allow it as well as models lower in camscore. I've also seen the opposite.

With the top models, it's pretty much a non-issue. The chat is moving along and the idiocy can be ignored, no matter where it comes from. For the models that don't have much traffic, it can be beneficial. It's in the middle where it's tricky.

I think Lacie said it best. Let 'em talk until you get your regs. But even at that, it's not set in stone.

As a member, sometimes I wish basics/guests were allowed to talk more. They provide much comedic fodder, especially if you know the model to some extent. But that's just me.

DuoShi said:
\ KayleePond does a nice job of this with her rules and the strike system she has in effect.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, she's one of my favorite MFC camgirls. I've noticed she'll let them talk until they are beggy or rude and then she will mute them. Quite a few have commented that they're appreciative she let them talk, even if it's only briefly, because most camgirls don't. My camscore is only in the 700's, so I don't get a lot of traffic and sometimes no one is talking. My fault though-MFC is one of those sites where you have to be really consistent with your schedule and I had a regular job when I first signed up where I worked all different hours and just cammed on the side. Now I have time to cam more often and am going to work on being on MFC more. :)

Thank you all of you for your input. I just wasn't sure if me letting guests/basics talk could be negatively impacting me and scaring premiums away. But I think what irks me more is when I see a premium with high tokens and rewards points in my room who asks me to do shit for free. I don't know if they think because I have a lower camscore that I will be desperate for tokens, but that's not the case LOL. I do better moneywise on SM and CB, but I really like the atmosphere on MFC, so I hope to improve on there. :)

sexyvanessa4u said:
Yossarian, I was actually thinking about doing that-I've heard of other models doing it too. I was thinking of offering pics and/or videos to basics who convert to premium and spend their first 200 tokens on me.

I still think all models should be able to direct a basic or guest to a signup link of their own and get the 200 free referal tokens for themselves as a bonus for converting a user.

nzhere said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
Yossarian, I was actually thinking about doing that-I've heard of other models doing it too. I was thinking of offering pics and/or videos to basics who convert to premium and spend their first 200 tokens on me.

I still think all models should be able to direct a basic or guest to a signup link of their own and get the 200 free referal tokens for themselves as a bonus for converting a user.
Yeah, I wish we could use our BAF link in our own rooms, but it states we aren't allowed to advertise it on MFC at all. :(

I wish guests were permanently muted, so the models didn't even have to do it. If they can't sign up for free with an email address, they aren't worth anyone's time.

Don't mind basics being allowed to chat in rooms that aren't busy. Basics chatting can be better than nobody chatting. Sometimes it is beneficial to the newer or less popular models to allow them to chat on a limited basis, become fans, and increase the chances they become premiums. But once a room has a reasonable amount of premiums chatting, they should get muted. The main reason I prefer Myfreecams over Streamate as a fan are the chatter user groups.

Reactions: MayaEden
hapa74 said:
The guests and basics don't bother me much. I have thought of just muting them outright myself, but then I may miss out on some random unintentional funny things they may spout off :p
Same here. For the most part they don't bother me unless they're making particularly crass or insensitive comments, or being otherwise annoying. (Spamming the room with their inanity, posting links to random websites, etc.)

I think they should always be muted in any particularly busy room (especially those where there's already enough being said in chat where I can't keep up with it). They should also be muted even in a less busy room of they're being a big problem (and it's not just one or two who can be banned easily).

In a room without many premiums, it's probably best to have them unmuted if there isn't much trouble. A completely dead room is worse than a few annoying guests.

Where it gets tricky is in the mid-range rooms. Where there aren't so much happening that guests/basics are just adding unnecessary noise to an already noisy room, but where the room isn't so dead it needs whatever chatter it can get. Most of my favorite models tend to fall into this middle category, and most of them tend to adopt a strategy of "leave them unmuted until they cause problems or the room is busy enough that extra chatter is not useful or the room is discussing something serious where there's potential for serious disruption due to the subject matter." The exact methods by which this is carried out vary widely, as do the thresholds where guest/basic activity is considered problematic. And it can vary quite a bit depending on a model's mood, too.

hapa74 said:
DuoShi said:
KayleePond does a nice job of this with her rules and the strike system she has in effect.

I second this, I feel they're kept under pretty good control in this situation. I've witnessed some nice guests/basics in the past who were very grateful for the opportunity to speak even for just a little while. Though I totally understand just muting them straightaway. Sometimes it's not worth the time, patience, and energy to have to deal with them. Every model is different and I would respect whatever decision is made for their room.
I concur. Kaylee's handling of guests/basics is very skillful. She's quite adept at sensing when they're just about to reach the stage where they'll be a problem. I think other mid-tier models who are looking to develop their skills in handling guests/basic would be well-served by perving in her room on occasion.

hapa74 said:
I will say that one of my favorite premium friends on MFC started as a very nice basic. This is probably an uncommon thing, but it does happen. :)
Really? Me too. One of my absolute favorites hung out for a while as a basic before she became a premium. What a coincidence. :)

Guests and basics don't bother me personally. I've seen some very entertaining basics.

However if a model has them turned on I think that she's either inexperienced or doesn't have enough talkers in her room.

When I was new I used to let basics chat in my room all of the time. One time, a member who ended up becoming a regular of mine, offered to finish the countdown if I muted basics during the show. He said that he didn't mind it so much for basics to chat when the room count was low, but he couldn't stand it when they got to chat during "the show" that not only did they not help contribute to, but can't even come up off of $20 at least once to get a premium account. So I started muting basics every time I would reach my goal. But now the first thing I do when I open my chat room is mute guests and basics. I don't even think about it anymore, it's become second nature to me.

When I was new, we couldn't mute basics at all, and guest mutes had to be refreshed every 20 minutes or so.

I also had to walk uphill to school, both ways, in the snow.

I generally prefer them muted (but then, I would prefer 90% of premiums muted too). Usually one or more will get annoying pretty quickly, but there are exceptions. Iris has had a pretty good number of "regular" basics, and some have gone premium for her (at which point she does her patented "I converted a basic" dance). I think it's reasonable to let basics talk until they get annoying, but it depends on how the model deals with them. I think guests should stay muted always because, since they have a different name every time, you can't even really get to know them.

I'm guessing that "bloobs" (referred to by a few folks earlier in the thread) are what were described to me as "zero/twenties," meaning premiums who paid the 20 bucks once, have no tokens now, and probably never will again. From my point of view, they are pretty much just basics that have to be shut up manually - I think someone already mentioned something like that. Like basics, a few of these will turn out to be pretty decent people, in which case, cool, let them talk, but I think they're also a large percentage of the people who flood into a room when something's going on and then say rude/annoying/stupid things. Not really on topic, I know, but could someone develop a spray-repellent for these guys?

By the way, a model friend of mine has occasionally identified a "200/20," someone who paid the $20 and then never found a single model worthy of a token (not talking about brand new premiums, of course). That's kind of fucked up, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.