AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pressure to offer webcam shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2018
www.youtube.com
Twitter Username
@BuxomBelch
Tumblr Username
buxombelch
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/123583/buxom-belch
Hi! I was hoping if anyone can share with me what's involved--or what the difference actually requires on my end--between doing a live webcam show and just filming a custom video request? Thx!

I sell non-nude burp fetish C4S clips and custom videos, but I don't offer live webcam shows. Since I've never been interested in doing any live interaction, I haven't exactly explored what actually happens--or what customers expect to happen--during a live webcam burping session. Because I get a lot of requests, as well as, quite a bit of pressure to do webcam shows, I feel I must obtain a full understanding of what I'm being asked to do first, before I can truly make a solid argument for or against fulfilling the demands. So, I'm asking the question here and on the burp fetish forums, to hopefully gain perspective from both the cam models' point of view, as well as, the consumers'. I appreciate the help! I certainly need it. :)

“No” is a complete sentence, so if you don’t want to do it, there’s no need for an argument. Just “no” is sufficient.

But you’d likely get better answers about what it entails by asking the dudes who ask for the shows exactly what they’re looking for.

If you mean just doing it 1 on 1, or for a group of people (handful, in this case is meant by group) on say, Skype or some other service similar, then the best thing would be to ask the person before doing it what they would like, any special requests, outfits etc so then you can have it ready and discuss with them.. The same for if it's some kind of small group show, ask them all what they'd love to see or expect. If you mean for a bigger audience, such as potentially thousands, maybe ask a few fans you know of before you do it and ask what they think - fans you trust or have had contact with, not just ones who'd suggest stupid things etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Buxom Belch
The main difference between what I do on cam vs videos is I'm sitting in front of my computer instead of my camcorder.

But, mostly, THIS!
“No” is a complete sentence, so if you don’t want to do it, there’s no need for an argument. Just “no” is sufficient.

Reactions: DFT and AmiGold
I feel I must obtain a full understanding of what I'm being asked to do first, before I can truly make a solid argument for or against fulfilling the demands.
Every viewer is different and will have their own set of wants and needs. What you and I may think would be "hot" to a viewer, they might disagree with. Even when it comes to burp shows: they might have found you that way but want to see you do something else. So be sure to check in on what plans they have for a private show beforehand to better prepare yourself and confirm what you're willing to do with they'd like to see.

And like others have said, you don't have to do live shows! You set your own rules; stand by them. Get used to saying "no," and it will make you happier with your job in the long term :) If anybody is being repeatedly pushy for you to do it despite you rejecting them over and over again, then they're not respecting your time, and you shouldn't feel obligated to cave in to their demands. They're not worth it.

If you do decide to do live shows charge them out the ass for them. Dudes will say "but so and so does it for a dollar a minute." So tell them to go see "so and so"

I charge 7.99 for fetish shows on one site and 3.99 on the other but both give me roughly the same cut after the site takes their percentage.

Most importantly, do you WANT to do cam shows? Do you feel like you would be (un)comfortable live on cam? Does it seem like a terrible pain in the ass? If you don't want to do it, DON'T do it. If you want to branch out, go for it, but don't do it because you feel you have to be a one-stop-shop for everything your customers want.

I wrote this article for customers to explain Skype/Discord style shows to guys who have never done one, but it might give you a basic idea of how these things work.

Please consider the possibility that some of these guys may be trying to get a custom video for very cheap. If you charge $10/minute for a custom clip, but they can convince you to charge $2/minute (which is low, but not unheard of) for a Skype show, and then they "direct" and secretly record your show, they just got a custom clip for really cheap. Granted, the quality won't be as good, but still.
AFAIK, burping cam shows are incredibly rare. Not everyone can burp on command or do it repeatedly, and many models wouldn't be into those shows even if they could do it. Consequently, I would charge a lot for your cam shows. If you charge the same per minute rate as you do for custom clips, you will scare off the guys trying to trick you into a cheap custom, and you'll probably be in line with market demand for a fetish of that nature.

One major difference from clips that is pretty important is that in a cam show, paid minutes are paid minutes, regardless of what you're doing. When making a clip, you might cut some of the footage where you were working up to a burp, but in a cam show that's paid time. Or if you start the show, and the dude spends the first 7 minutes just talking, that's paid time. Don't let guys try to tell you that they shouldn't be charged for time between burps or time you had your clothes on or time they chose to spend chatting.

Another consideration is that you need to be clear and realistic with them. Through editing, you may be able to make a 3 minute burp compilation that contains 12 burps (I'm just making up numbers). If the dude wants to see 12 burps, but that takes you 30 minutes in real time, you need to be clear that he should probably pay for a 30 minute show. Furthermore, nothing is guaranteed in a live show, so it's important that they are paying for your time only. I can often squirt in a 10 minute show, but guys are paying for 10 minutes of my company, so if squirting doesn't happen for some reason, they can't accuse me of failing to deliver.

Talk to your guys and see what they are hoping to get from a cam session (e.g. content, length, maybe price). Some may be serious fans that just want to chat with you live. Some guys may want you to chug a soda and burp 57 times for $15, and during the show they'll randomly ask you to surprise your cat by farting in her face. You don't really know until you ask, and it would be good to gauge if most of these guys are legit or have unrealistic expectations.

WOW! Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate the response! A lot of good advice and encouragement -- and, again, thank you -- all well taken. :)

The main difference between what I do on cam vs videos is I'm sitting in front of my computer instead of my camcorder.
Yes! Exactly! Thank you, SaffronBurke. That is my perspective, as well.

Ms_Gingersnatch, what a wealth of knowledge you are! In your article, http://www.msgingersnatch.com/12-reasons-to-love-skype-shows/, I found the answer I was looking for.
And, answering your question: Do I want to do cam shows? No, I don't.

I only sell burp clips. Anything beyond that -- including nudity and live interaction -- would directly compromise my life, personally, professionally, and martially; however, I'm constantly hassled about them. What bothers me isn't their refusal to take "No" for an answer, but their complete lack of empathy for my interest, benefit, or consequence.

My intention is to approach the issue from a strictly informational point-of-view, first. Once I've identified the "what," hopefully, the "why," the "what for," and the ever elusive, "just what exactly do I get out of it" are soon to follow. Right now, I'm only guessing as to what's different, and that doesn't help me...
- With burp clips: I film requests people email me, then they buy the video. -- What they do with it afterword is not my concern.
- With cam shows: I perform requests people bark directly to my face, while I'm forced to watch them masturbate to it. (Is that correct?)

Of course, the members of the BFF will need to provide the element of arousal provided to them by camshows that isn't provided to them by the exact same action on video.
What I was most curious about learning here was... technically, am I right? Is the only difference between camshows and custom videos that one has a guy barking orders at you with his dick out?

If that's true, I want the next 50 guys that ask me about live shows to tell me "just what exactly do I get out of THAT?" Everyone is so free to suggest what they want, but never reply when I ask for specifics.
Forgive me, it's a frustrating industry. Though I try to rise above it, there are just only so many self-serving, one-sided propositions I can take without any consideration for my understanding of what's involved, what's my motive, what's my profit, or what the reasons are for why I don't offer said services. Until I can implement a forced perspective for these guys to be able to see things from my point of view, I think it's important to confirm I know exactly what a live camshow is, as opposed to what I do now making custom.

Of course, it doesn't help that a great deal of those who ask me for things I don't do, don't know how to communicate with women, or, worse, fail to realize the manner in which they communicate with women, is overly aggressive, sexual, or devoid of all proof they acknowledge females as actual people, not sex toys at their disposal.

ugh... ranting... THAT solves everything... good job, Buxom... sigh... :)

Thanks for listening...

++++
Possible other relevant info:
- I can burp for hours on command.
- A signature of my brand: My customs are one, continuous clip. Unless I am off screen for a few frames, I don't edit my custom videos, so my customers don't feel like they missed anything.
- I am aware that customers record their live sessions.

Short answer: I don't think you should do cam shows. It sounds like it would frustrate you more than it's worth.

Long answer: Based on the info in your post, I think you're mostly right about the difference between clips and cam. Doing a cam show would technically be similar to filming a clip EXCEPT:

1) It wouldn't occur purely on your schedule. I assume that when you make a custom, there is a reasonable turn around time, and you can film at 2am or 4pm or whenever the fuck is convenient for you. Cam shows have to take both parties' schedules into account. Sometimes that's perfectly fine. Other times it's a huge pain in the ass. A cam model can do everything in her power to make sure her fans know when she will be available next, and she will still log on to find multiple messages begging for shows at times that she is clearly offline. When she is online, there is inevitably at least one wanker that will insist that he can't cam now, but will pester her with "please please please be available when I get off work... 4 hours after you plan to log off." Many guys are totally respectful of your schedule, but many couldn't care less about your needs and will vehemently argue that you should cam with them at their beck and call.

2) It is interactive, and there is some expectation that the guy gets to influence the flow of your show. That can be good or bad.

Part of the reason that I don't make clips is that I really prefer to be interactive. For me, it feels like the guy and I are playing off each other just like in real sex. Beyond that, I find the immediate feedback very helpful. If I'm not sure if my position is what he wanted, I can just ask, and I can use signals from him to know when to slow down, speed up, or move on to something else. Plus, either one of us might be inspired in the moment to add a spontaneous twist that makes everything more fun, and I really like the chance to laugh together!

On the other hand, it absolutely can feel like "barking orders" at times. Sometimes guys try to hurry you faster than is biologically possible or comfortable (which I assume could apply to burping). Sometimes they want to dictate all sorts of details and it gets cumbersome (e.g. "point the cam at your face until right before you cum, and then zoom way in on your pussy" because making camera adjustments doesn't hinder cumming at all...). Sometimes they want to move you around like a doll or puppet without regard for your comfort or ability to perform.

One major irritation of live cam, and the one that would concern me the most in your case, is when they surprise you with requests that were not specified before the show and may be outside your limits. In the case of more vanilla models, this would tend to be when they say "Oh, I just want to do a GFE roleplay," but then 3 minutes into the show, casually start with "I got hard the first time when I was 8. What would you do if you saw my 8 year old peepee getting hard for you, mommy?" :shake: Since you have such a narrow specialty (and I don't mean that in a bad way) god only knows how much "surprise" shit they might try to throw in. If I were you, I'd expect quite a few "just burping shows" to include a lot of begging for nudity, at a minimum. Spending the entirely of your show trying to both satisfy your viewer and also stop them from pushing your limits can get infuriating.

TIP: No, you don't have to watch a guy jerk off during a cam show, and some of them don't even want you to see them, but many of them do want to be watched.

TIP: I would stop trying to explain to guys why you do or don't offer things. That way lies madness. The good dudes will hear you say "I don't offer cam," and they will accept that at face value and STFU about it. The dudes that want to push it with "but why, bb?" do not generally give two flying farts about you, your well-being, or whether you are a rational creature that has sensible reasons for doing things. If you try to tell them that you don't offer cam because it's detrimental to you, you will almost certainly get "but my dick and I really want you to do it, bb. pleeeeeeeassseee?? for me???" :rolleyes:

Sorry for writing two full novellas at you!

Status
Not open for further replies.