AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pricing ?'s & Situational Concerns

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam 2 cam,
Thank you Bam! This would be something you would enable for the other user during privates? Is that right? Also, doing privates... does the other person need to or can you request not to see their face? Or do they do whatever they want? I'm still new with much to learn. Haven't gone private.

What is C2C? I don't know any terms.
cam2cam is c2c .. for that users must be smart enough to know how to broadcast himself so u can go see him.. about lush inside in pvt mostly dont like it , becpuse they wanna see some pussy action like fingering, toys not a tail hangigng there :) but aftter fingering they like nora to see u fuck with in pvt so they can tip and vibrate .. becouse nora looks like a dildo vibrating inside and on your clit while they are tipping ,

Reactions: -xoxo-
cam2cam is c2c .. for that users must be smart enough to know how to broadcast himself so u can go see him.. about lush inside in pvt mostly dont like it , becpuse they wanna see some pussy action like fingering, toys not a tail hangigng there :) but aftter fingering they like nora to see u fuck with in pvt so they can tip and vibrate .. becouse nora looks like a dildo vibrating inside and on your clit while they are tipping ,
Thank you Ana! Can he/she broadcast to us during the private that we have set up with them? Or, are privates only us being viewable?
At first I was confused by "tail" but I get it now. Those things throw me off a bit with that. I don't know why they can't be shorter or something. If only Amazon offered Nora and the other one on their site. I don't want to buy from some random seller with weird long name.

Thank you Bam! This would be something you would enable for the other user during privates? Is that right? Also, doing privates... does the other person need to or can you request not to see their face? Or do they do whatever they want? I'm still new with much to learn. Haven't gone private.

C2C basically just means you open their cam in another browser window. You don't even have to look at it (unless you want to). Of course the user might start asking you questions about what you are seeing or expecting certain reactions haha.

Reactions: -xoxo-
C2C basically just means you open their cam in another browser window. You don't even have to look at it (unless you want to). Of course the user might start asking you questions about what you are seeing or expecting certain reactions haha.
Ohhhh... trueeeeee that. I need a test run. I could imagine at times we would have to use our poker face.

Don't feel obligated to respond to PMs. Even if they do pay. If a member tips me 150 for a PM 6 months ago and hasn't spent anything since, he shouldn't expect me to give him personalized attention.

When a member tips me in a way the room can't see, I address him specifically in public chat. Like "yes, BigBaller420, come get these titties in your face" with a flirty cleavage play. If you find anyone monopolizing the chat or being annoying like "PM bb PM bb" I think it's appropriate to ignore, phase out, call out, or ban. There is a certain etiquette members follow and it would be annoying for not only you, but other members in the room. I personally found in my 6 months on CB that there were lots of those kinds of guys and when I switched to another site, the vibe and quality of members was different for me. So keep that on mind if you try to build a following and keep getting mostly needy cheapskates lol.

For Amazon wish list, I used to use my friends house for address. He is a big burly man who is armed so if anyone shows up looking for the hot cam gjrl, they will be disappointed. 😆 PO box for me isn't worth it yet. Lots of models just accept gift cards that can be emailed. If you do use your address, just make sure the things on your list are sold by Amazon and not 3rd party because 3rd party sellers might provide your address to the member.

Most girls seem to only use one place to cam every day. As long as it is clean and has good lighting, you're good for now. You can and should stand (JUMP) on your bed for tokens. Experiment with camera angles, like from above or level and up close, etc.

And don't worry about lingerie right now. I didn't have ANY when I started. I was always in tank tops. One time I went to shein.com and ordered a whole haul of lingerie, like 20 sets and used their After Pay to break up payments. I did a haul show, where I changed lingerie after each countdown/goal. I was able to pay off that afterpay remainder that very night. I heavily promoted my show beforehand as an event. I also did the same with shoes, dresses, and bikinis and now own a bunch of cheap fun shit haha.
How do you know that someone has tipped you and the room can't see the tip note they attached? Does it show up a certain way?
You're right about 3rd party on amazon. I was testing out making a 'registry' list, and part of the information said that the address would be shared if its from a 3rd party. Even though I chose an amazon locker location and deleted my po box address and all addresses.. i hope nothing shows up but if it does, it wouldn't be my direct address.
I appreciate all suggestions. I can't stand on my bed though because my ceiling is too low. I don't live in a house or apartment so space is very limited. Therefor, jumping on my bed would result in constant head hitting and concussions. Soooo... *sigh* I also don't have places to clip my camera onto. I had to buy a super mini shelf to attach to my wall just to have a place to put my cam which is partially taped to the shelf so I don't have to keep positioning it. I would like a camera with zoom though. Do you have any recommendations?

I am in such a tight position for everything that even my normal wardrobe consists of worn clothes, clothes with holes.. etc because I can't afford to go out and replace them. Being so cold now also is a difficulty. I don't have insulation so even going full nude would make me freeze my ass off. I would so love to have enough money some day to get one of those nice single wide mobile homes. I would have so much space and freedom to do more things. I will definitely look at that website you mentioned. Thank you a ton for sharing your experience and info. Your big burly man story made me laugh!

How do you know that someone has tipped you and the room can't see the tip note they attached? Does it show up a certain way?
You're right about 3rd party on amazon. I was testing out making a 'registry' list, and part of the information said that the address would be shared if its from a 3rd party. Even though I chose an amazon locker location and deleted my po box address and all addresses.. i hope nothing shows up but if it does, it wouldn't be my direct address.
I appreciate all suggestions. I can't stand on my bed though because my ceiling is too low. I don't live in a house or apartment so space is very limited. Therefor, jumping on my bed would result in constant head hitting and concussions. Soooo... *sigh* I also don't have places to clip my camera onto. I had to buy a super mini shelf to attach to my wall just to have a place to put my cam which is partially taped to the shelf so I don't have to keep positioning it. I would like a camera with zoom though. Do you have any recommendations?

I am in such a tight position for everything that even my normal wardrobe consists of worn clothes, clothes with holes.. etc because I can't afford to go out and replace them. Being so cold now also is a difficulty. I don't have insulation so even going full nude would make me freeze my ass off. I would so love to have enough money some day to get one of those nice single wide mobile homes. I would have so much space and freedom to do more things. I will definitely look at that website you mentioned. Thank you a ton for sharing your experience and info. Your big burly man story made me laugh!
i would buy a camera tripod in amazon! they can be quite cheap. As of camera, logitech c920 is the best for camming, but im sure there can be cheaper cams too. And if you dont have space in the bed you can also cam on the floor, maybe but some blankets or a carpet and youre done!

i would buy a camera tripod in amazon! they can be quite cheap. As of camera, logitech c920 is the best for camming, but im sure there can be cheaper cams too. And if you dont have space in the bed you can also cam on the floor, maybe but some blankets or a carpet and youre done!
I will look into that. Thank you!

Don't feel the need to spend lots of money early on. I've seen models with crap quality streams and a plain backdrop do quite well because they are attractive and/or engaging. Get creative and upgrade as you go. If you need something expensive make it a goal so your customers can help pay for it. I started with an ipad and a cheap app (ivcam). Bought a dimmable light and set a goal to help pay for my Logitech C922.

I like the cam on the floor idea. Lots of opportunity for some hot close-up action (assuming you aren't non-nude).

Maybe Chaturbate will work out for you but I suggest you register on at least one other site, maybe Stripchat or Streamate in case you get banned. Seems Chaturbate will ban instantly and then investigate later no matter if it's a legit banning or not. So there you are banned and cannot work until they get around to reinstating you if they ever do (one reason I won't work that site any longer).

Once you get registered elsewhere maybe devote at least one day a week camming on your alternate site so you have a few regulars and aren't completely without an income if you do get banned.

I would be so pissed if I had spent time building up regulars only to lose everything. I don't think Chaturbate treats their performers fairly.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Hi! I have been camming since April of this year and while I am no expert,
I can try my best to answer your questions. Please note that what works for me
may not work for you & that's ok :) Every model is different!

To stay organized, I am answering your questions one at a time. Sorry for the copy/paste, it's easier for my brain to do it this way.

How many tokens should I charge for access to:

=> My Social Media Link in my Bio -

I don't offer Skype. I choose to keep everything on-site except Twitter.
For Twitter I do 77. I follow them back if they subscribe, there's "safe for work" but interesting content on there.

For personal reasons of not wanting my camming info revealed to my phone contacts,
and my anxiety around it, I don't have Snap, Insta, or WhatsApp. I do not use Reddit because I don't want trolls commenting under my photos.

I do just fine without it, although I get asked for Snap a lot. I tell them they have to find me on the site for now.
Eventually I will get a second "camming phone" with only those social media on there.

My advice would be not to do any shows off the site if they ask.
My reasoning is, if they're going to a TOKEN SITE to try to get somebody to accept...not tokens...there's gotta be something shady going on.

TBH you can be successful without social media so don't worry about it if it's not for you!

There's a wish-list section in the bio area and it's free to add that. I wish I had added it sooner lol.
I use Lovense and the site's wishlist because I know nobody can see my info.

=> Private Skype Texting / Live Cam -

I don't do this at all. If they ask, I try to upsell them on staying on site for a private.
Another factor here is the site charges tokens per minute automatically - you're risking them cheating you on payment if you stray from this.

"Sorry, I don't do anything off the site. But my private shows on here are amazing!"
There are SO many scams out there. Basically, if they try to make it more complicated than it has to be then it's probably a scam.
If they try to get YOU to pay them or buy a gift card (or their 'secretary' does...lol saw that one too) it's absolutely a scam.
LEGIT members who want to and gladly spend tokens are out there!

=> A Photo Album -
( should I separate the albums into two categories (pics & vids) and charge more for vids album? or keep together in one growing album? )

I separate them- I didn't even know there was a way to combine tbh.
For me personally, I do a different theme for each album, with a "storyline" even if it's just taking off an item.
I think of them like a fashion editorial with lighting, set, styling, and angles and plan as such.

=> PM’s -
( charge per PM or set one price on my tip menu for unlimited PM’s? If someone is making me uncomfortable in
PM’s and get upset they paid X amount, should I just block? Or kick? Or say to them they’re making me
uncomfy? )

OMG you have to see my old thread about this - I don't know if it's still here or not. Block them if you feel uncomfortable. I wish I had learned this sooner.
I do 18 per PM OR free for fan club. If they scoff at the price I remind them there's a way to get it free - join my fan club. Haven't had a complaint since! :)
I feel like most guys respect that models charge for PM. The ones that don't prey on new models and I got a lot of them when I was new. It's so important
to set boundaries. That's the top thing that improved camming for me - when I decided to say no more often and not feel bad about it.

=> What do I do about regulars?
Tell them straight up what your preferences are about dirty talk/what happens in private vs. public.
Every model is different, and these people can't read minds. They don't know unless we tell them.
If they start getting too crazy I usually ask if they want to switch to private, or remind them that they can make me feel good with a tip.
My put it in a tip note line is "I love hearing in the -tip notes- what you're thinking about...."

=> Lovense?
Yes, you can set up everything through the Lovense browser.
Get the adapter, not the phone app. When I started doing it with the phone app, it never stayed connected.

I use the Lush and Domi which are "standard camming items," but it's important not to rely on them. I do shows without them too.
I also wanted to switch things up, so just got the new Mission and did a "guess what's in the box" game with it to reveal.

I wish I had more "buildup" for introducing the Lush. If I could re-start camming, I'd do a goal countdown for it with a surprise
reveal. Surprise reveals are everything. People love reality TV for that reason - the suspense. If you keep people guessing, they stay viewing.

It's important to stay engaged with the viewers when using these items! I try to think "if I had no lush right now, would this still be an interesting show?" when creating my shows.
I feel like eventually, they may become "over-done," so I'm looking for the next new item.

=> Dice?
It's an "app/bot." If you go to "apps/bots" tab, you can search 'dice roll,' 'wheel spin' etc. I price my dice anywhere from 55-99 depending on what the prizes are.
Recently I did a chance to unlock photos for 24 hours via dice roll for 99 (or guess the lucky number to have a free way to participate ) , and people were into it.
For prizes you can do things off your tip menu, I also offer a quick cam watching as a rare prize because it's asked for so often (but I like watching cams a lot of models prefer not to. It's up to you! We are all different.)

=> Toys etc?
Yes absolutely! But, you never want to do it in a "sob story" way - just keep things fun.
With camming, it is wise to not mention personal/financial issues if at all possible.
The shady, scummy people unfortunately could prey on that. I hate to even say that but it's so true.
Always negotiate from a position of power, and be willing to walk away.
Lovense has a wish list that is private!

=> Getting From Clothed to Un-clothed?
I'm so sorry to hear that, and I hope things improve soon.

There are so many ways to do that. What worked for me yesterday and the goal was met quickly = multi-goal with lovense dream. 3 clothing items on (tank top, bra underwear).
150 per item off then stay nude for a few, then repeat (I ended up body painting instead of putting the items back on, then goal to wash off the body paint but that's just me. Every
show is unique & different!)

Another thing that has worked for me - tip menu 500 clothes off half hour, but you can roll the dice or spin the wheel in the range of 55-99 depending on the other prizes for
clothing items off/nude quickly.

I've noticed people will always say it's 'too expensive.' So I try to sell on value, not price. What can I offer that nobody else can? How can I meet their needs and solve their problems
(sales is problem solving).

Learning about luxury branding and branding for artists has helped me immensely. I apply a lot of sales principles to camming too.

P.S. What's a "thread" vs "sticky thread"?

No idea on this one. lol

hugs & good vibes,
Ava
:h: :h: :h:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.