AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

pricing..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2017
Twitter Username
@Lilly_MayHoop
MFC Username
LillyHoops
how do you normally come up with pricing without feeling it is either too high or too low?
i tried looking at other model profiles to get a general idea about certain things and couldn't really find what i was looking for,i don't really have much of an audience yet so it's hard to just ask the crowd

Some models price per minute, some price depending on the level of effort involved in props, editing, the content of the video, etc.
There is no "too high". But don't sell yourself short either pricing low and thinking it will attract sales.
I've seen 3 minute videos for $15 (which is $5/min, decent custom price imo) and I've seen 20 minute videos for $5.
A longer video should definitely be more expensive, and the more niche/fetish-based a clip is, the higher the price as well.
You'll figure out what works for you, it may take time, but you will :h:

What all are you looking pricing for? Just an in general tip menu for cam or are you looking for custom pic/vid pricing... snapchat etc?

For custom vids I think the general consensus is something like $10/min per model but that can easily be more depending on the detail of the script, if its something you can resale? is it solo or couple/gg? Does it include a name? Do you have to buy any special props/clothes/equipment..... You need to take all these things into consideration before coming up with a final price. For me personally I rarely quote a per min rate for the mere fact that there is so much else to take into consideration. I handle all my custom requests through email, in my email I generally ask for details of what they are looking for and how much they are willing to pay to make there fantasy come true. This gives me the opportunity to see if we are even in the same ball park and it saves a lot of time and hassle with the back and forth. With this approach I can either straight up decline or negotiate a bit to see if we can make a deal happen if there initial offer is a little low.

Here is my pricing for snapchat
Here is my skype pricing

When thinking about your rates also take a minute to consider your business model... Do you see yourself pricing your content lower in hopes of having a large number of customers or are you wanting to price higher and rely on fewer customers. You can be successful either way its just personal preference.

Last but not least you will get a wide variety of answers for this, there is no one size fits all, it really is just trial and error and just taking the time figure out what works best for you.

Hey Lilly :)

I was a member on mfc for 5 years becoming a model so I have seen a lot of tip menus.

Here's a general range of token prices I've seen. I'll list a wide range of average low to higher pricing.... you can shoot somewhere in those numbers based on whether you want to price low, average, or higher. There is definitely still models who will price lower or higher than anything I listed. The models in the top 100 of miss myfreecams contest may price in a higher range, but they may not have started out as a new model with that pricing.

PM privileges / friend add - 69 tokens to 250 tokens. estimated average: 100 tokens
Snapchat Forever - 100 tokens to 1000 tokens. estimated average: 300 tokens
Pre-Made ten minute video - 100 tokens to 600 tokens. estimated average: 200 tokens
Custom ten minute video (re-sale allowed) - 400 tokens to 4000 tokens. estimated average: 1000 tokens
Skype Show - $3 minute to $10 minute or 30 tokens/minute to 100 tokens/minute. estimated average: $4 or 40 tokens a minute
Boob Flash - 20 tokens to 200 tokens. estimated average: 80 tokens
Booty Flash or spank - 15 tokens to 80 tokens. estimated average: 30 tokens
Open Cam - 20 to 200 tokens. estimated average: 80 tokens
See Pussy - 30 tokens to 400 tokens. estimated average: 90 tokens
Song Request - 5 tokens to 100 tokens. estimated average- 30 tokens
Dance to one song - 20 tokens to 199. estimated average - 60 tokens

wow thank you all so much,this is awesome,very helpful! i think you pretty much covered everything lol the only other thing i could think of was thumbsucking during live chat,i was questioned about it and wasn't sure how long it was expected to go on and for how much haha.

Reactions: MojitosJourney
wow thank you all so much,this is awesome,very helpful! i think you pretty much covered everything lol the only other thing i could think of was thumbsucking during live chat,i was questioned about it and wasn't sure how long it was expected to go on and for how much haha.

I might offer that for 30 tokens? That’s a request I’m not too familiar with, maybe someone else can chime in. I probably wouldn’t do it for longer than a minute for 30tk. ❤️

I was thinking maybe charge whatever you have in mind for tit/ass/feet/stand type requests.... probably something like 50-100 tokens and id do it for a minute for that price. If its not something your interested in doing/don't want to do you can always just say no.

Hey Lilly :)

I was a member on mfc for 5 years becoming a model so I have seen a lot of tip menus.

Here's a general range of token prices I've seen. I'll list a wide range of average low to higher pricing.... you can shoot somewhere in those numbers based on whether you want to price low, average, or higher. There is definitely still models who will price lower or higher than anything I listed. The models in the top 100 of miss myfreecams contest may price in a higher range, but they may not have started out as a new model with that pricing.

PM privileges / friend add - 69 tokens to 250 tokens. estimated average: 100 tokens
Snapchat Forever - 100 tokens to 1000 tokens. estimated average: 300 tokens
Pre-Made ten minute video - 100 tokens to 600 tokens. estimated average: 200 tokens
Custom ten minute video (re-sale allowed) - 400 tokens to 4000 tokens. estimated average: 1000 tokens
Skype Show - $3 minute to $10 minute or 30 tokens/minute to 100 tokens/minute. estimated average: $4 or 40 tokens a minute
Boob Flash - 20 tokens to 200 tokens. estimated average: 80 tokens
Booty Flash or spank - 15 tokens to 80 tokens. estimated average: 30 tokens
Open Cam - 20 to 200 tokens. estimated average: 80 tokens
See Pussy - 30 tokens to 400 tokens. estimated average: 90 tokens
Song Request - 5 tokens to 100 tokens. estimated average- 30 tokens
Dance to one song - 20 tokens to 199. estimated average - 60 tokens

Thanks for this list, it's super helpful! I can see I'm averaging quite well with some prices, but I may have to rejig a couple of things :)

Reactions: MojitosJourney
The way I figure out pricing is to figure out gross/net profits and also figure out the cost of materials + my time and calculate my hourly average based off different price points.

So for example my Valentines package:
Total Cost of Materials: $17.59 (This includes everything that has a $ amount to it that's out of pocket)
Time: 11 hours (This is estimated time of video filming to editing, time to make the valentines, time to make promos/promo out, time to drive to ship them etc.)

Then I base it off how many I expect to sell (but for ease of explaining I'll put it as 1)

Total Package cost: 1500 tokens
Gross Profit (I do my gross profit based off my cut but without subtracting any material costs) : $75.00
Net Profit (after % taken + material cost): $57.41

SO! If I sold 1 of my Valentines Package, I would make a net profit of $57.41. Once I divide that by my number of hours it equals out to $5.21/hour that I'm bringing in if I only sold one. (Obviously the more you sell the more the net profit + hourly goes up)

I price out all of my products and services this way because it really helps me decide what is worth doing and what isn't based off estimated profitability. :)

For MFC, I calculate my countdown and my tip menu items based off what I'd like to make on average per hour to maintain or increase my cam score.

Status
Not open for further replies.