AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

primary tumblr vs using another tumblr for camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdieCapone

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2012
the internet
When I signed up for tumblr I made my primary tumblr my blog for reposts/ anything at all that I wanted to post, mainly just for entertainment. Then I added another for my craft business I am trying to get started and then another for my camming. I have the most followers on my camming account, but I feel if I could make it a bit more personal with following back people, and reblogging that I would gain even more followers. From what I know, you can only do that with your primary account?

I'm just pondering if I should start it over? I'm concerned that it could end up back-firing and I should just leave well enough alone.

I'm not sure what you mean by primary account.

Do you have one account with three blogs?

Or do you have three separate accounts with one blog each?

It really is a pain that you can't follow from a secondary account. I wish they'd change that, but I guess it would make things complicated. You can reblog, though. You just have to select the one you want the reblog to show up from in one of the drop-downs.

Personally, I'd say go for it and start a new primary Tumblr for your camming. Just leave the secondary one up for a while and post to it every now and then mentioning that people should follow you on your new account. Go ahead and mention it a few times on your Twitter account or while you're on cam as well. Most people who care will switch over, and anyone who doesn't probably wasn't paying much attention to you in the first place. You can keep updating both until you feel like the new one has gained enough followers.

I'd also suggest keeping the same URL. You can do this by changing the URL of your current camming Tumblr to something else (anyone already following you won't notice, they'll just suddenly be following you with your new name) and quickly register a new account using your original URL which will now be free. Anyone who visits you by URL instead of following on a Tumblr account will end up in the right place immediately and you won't have to change your links anywhere.

Reactions: Evvie
Evvie said:

I have one account with three blogs :shifty:

EdieCapone said:
Evvie said:

I have one account with three blogs :shifty:

I would advise against having anything related to camming, even if it's just a secondary (or third, in this case) blog attached to your personal blog/business blog. I don't know how easy it would be to search the email associated with your tumblr or whatever and find out all sorts of info. I'd just be afraid to accidentally blog/reblog something meant for my camming audience to my real life business audience. It's entirely too easy to do when all your blogs are on the same account.

AllisonWilder said:
I would advise against having anything related to camming, even if it's just a secondary (or third, in this case) blog attached to your personal blog/business blog. I don't know how easy it would be to search the email associated with your tumblr or whatever and find out all sorts of info. I'd just be afraid to accidentally blog/reblog something meant for my camming audience to my real life business audience. It's entirely too easy to do when all your blogs are on the same account.
I agree with Allison and would always recommend to make separate accounts on anything so it's harder for anyone to find anything out. It only takes a mistake on linked accounts and someone could find out a lot. It can be annoying to have different e-mails, twitter or everything else a model uses but it's safer, or should be anyway.

Reactions: KayleePond
I have two separate accounts. It's a pain in the ass. I talk about camming and all of my goals on my personal tumblr (no name is used, and I don't post photos of myself anymore). So I always forget about my Violet October tumblr.

I need to start actually "talking" on that one along with posting when you can see my tits live. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.