AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private message indicator without message

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2012
Hey, I'm getting this weird thing lately, where my UI shows that I have a new message, but when I check my messages, there are no new messages.. does anyone else have this or know why it's happening?

1699126782880.png

Hey, I'm getting this weird thing lately, where my UI shows that I have a new message, but when I check my messages, there are no new messages.. does anyone else have this or know why it's happening?

View attachment 98258

I’m not active on SC anymore, but I hate it when this happens with my Skype chat…or with Facebook Messenger. I always want the notification to go away, so I feel like I have to go down the list of all the recent conversion threads…so that Skype (or Facebook) can see that I indeed have “read” each one.

I can’t remember…does Stripchat have notifications for when a person gives your private message a heart reaction…thumb up or down…haha…sad face, etc.? Like how it is with reactions on Facebook Messenger or iPhone text message reactions? Because those things will show up with a number 1…since it sorta considers that one new incoming message for you.

Upvote 0

View attachment 98258
Usually, if there are no new msgs in your inbox or message requests and it shows that red dot, refreshing the page clears it.
It's a little buggy and has been brought up before

Reactions: Maxi and Wuggie
Upvote 0
I’m not active on SC anymore, but I hate it when this happens with my Skype chat…or with Facebook Messenger. I always want the notification to go away, so I feel like I have to go down the list of all the recent conversion threads…so that Skype (or Facebook) can see that I indeed have “read” each one.

I can’t remember…does Stripchat have notifications for when a person gives your private message a heart reaction…thumb up or down…haha…sad face, etc.? Like how it is with reactions on Facebook Messenger or iPhone text message reactions? Because those things will show up with a number 1…since it sorta considers that one new incoming message for you.
I don't THINK it has a reactions thing.. I have just started using SC actively honestly :p so some bits of it is still quite new to me

Upvote 0

View attachment 98258
I have had that occasionally but it never stayed long enough for me to realize when or why it eventually disappeared.

Upvote 0
Funny that the red dot for new msgs shows until you manually refresh but the red dot for new feed posts never shows up until you manually refresh.
It's a feature, not a bug, right?

Upvote 0
for me it has only disappeared when I click the "Mark All as Read" button really..
I get it if I receive new PMs whilst I have more than one tab open on SC. (or if I have VR open at the same time) The dot dosappears from the tab (or headset) that I answer/read on, but the other already open tab keeps the dot unless I mark it as read.

Upvote 0
I get it if I receive new PMs whilst I have more than one tab open on SC. (or if I have VR open at the same time) The dot dosappears from the tab (or headset) that I answer/read on, but the other already open tab keeps the dot unless I mark it as read.
yea those I can understand :) but I can login first time of the day, one tab open, and it has a mark without new messages.. which is when it becomes odd to me

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0

View attachment 98258
If you click the mark all as read button (cant remember where it is off the top of my head) it should go away. It happens to me semi regularly.

Reactions: Ozzie_ and Wuggie
Upvote 0
If you click the mark all as read button (cant remember where it is off the top of my head) it should go away. It happens to me semi regularly.
it does indeed go away when I do this :) I was just wondering if it was something with my account and wanted to know if it was something other people also experienced :D Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
it does indeed go away when I do this :) I was just wondering if it was something with my account and wanted to know if it was something other people also experienced :D Thanks for the reply
No idea why it happens, I did put in the feature request thread for a feature to be able to show only unread messages because I wanted to see if I was missing a message or if there was something that was causing it.

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
Hey all
I just realized that I didn't comment on this post (sorry).

Red Dot for unread messages..
You are all correct.
It's a known bug, and we're fixing it.

In the meantime, "mark all as read" is the way for you to get around it.
thank you so much for the update! I appreciate it! :)

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.